Chapter 158: Titular
462 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I slowly exhaled as I opened my eyes and stared at the white ceiling above, I put my hand on my forehead while touching the silky, white thin blanket I was leaning on.

Man, even my bed back in the mansion wasn't this soft! Should I ask Leal if I could take even one home?

I stood up as I felt someone land on the terrace of my room. The entirety of my room was white and tons of things inside the room were made of gold and some luxurious stones. The mirror, the chairs, the doorknob, the pillars of my bed. Damn, even the fabric of my sofa and the woods used on my table looked very expensive!

I only asked for a 5-star room! Not a 10-star!

I can tell that if I brought home even a single expensive item in this room, I would be good for years!

I walked out of the balcony and found Japheth standing while bowing his head to me.

I walked past him and stared at the beautiful scenery in front of me, the view of the kingdom of Erela. Most of the infrastructure of the kingdom was colored in white which had a great contrast to the green forest surrounding it. From afar, I could see life all around, but the majority of them were the knights of Erela. They were patrolling around the kingdom nonstop.

I was inside one of the higher floors of the castle, so I could see a lot of things from here and feel the moderate touch of the wind. I flicked my head to give way to the wind touching my face.

"Just like what you anticipated, Boss. Multiple scouts were sent to observe your movement. We have driven them away, but Master Leal said the king himself doesn't know about the scouts and speculates that another person sent them."

Man, all I want is to have a good time while staying here until we fight shit again! Why send fucking paparazzi on me?

I nodded and stared directly at Japheth. "Does he really don't have any idea about it? Or he knows and just couldn't do anything about it?"

"What do you mean, Boss?"

I smiled at him. "I noticed that he is the king, but isn't it strange that his belief is a little bit distinct from what his people have? Having a different belief from your ruler is completely normal, every person has their own opinions about something. However, what bothers me is that the people in this kingdom seem united in one view, but I can't see any indication of that same view in King Asmit, especially after being with Leal for a long time now who has the same belief as him, that's awfully easy to discern. The question is, does that mean there are people who have enough power that the King can't fight with that we and the world don't know about?" I nodded. "I can be wrong, but I think the king is not the most influential individual in this kingdom. Most of the people of this kingdom don't align with his beliefs... He almost seems like a titular king." 

Japheth's eyes widened and repeatedly nodded. "I see. That must be it, you are right, Boss."

I am right? I am just trying to act cool though. Besides, that's what stupid idea would anyone come up with after four hours of just staring at the ceiling! Boredom can do wonders!

I heard two knocks on my door, I walked towards it while raising my hand. "Don't you find the hierarchy of this kingdom interesting?"

"I can't believe it, you have discerned it by just seeing the king and the people of this kingdom! You really are remarkable, Boss!"

Nope, I am not. I mean isn't it pretty obvious? Leal and his entire family look like a bunch of apples in a basket of tomatoes! The difference is strikingly noticeable!

I chuckled. "Such a little thing." I opened the door of my room and found two people standing outside. "Oh, what are you two power couple doing here?"

I smiled as I saw how Leal's eyebrows instantly furrowed. On the other hand, Kuro did not even change her expression.

That facade of a strict face can't fool me anymore, Lady! I have seen what your real face looks like! It's already engraved in my fucking brain!

Leal cleared his throat. "The meeting is about to start. Everyone is already waiting for you."

Ah... I forgot!

I walked out of my room and followed Leal and Kuro through the white corridor with red carpet. The sunlight was passing through the windows with white silky curtains. At the side of the corridors were the golden lamps hanging on the wall.

This castle is screaming expensive! I want one like this too!

As I turned my eyes back to the two, I found myself walking between them. Leal was on my right side while Kuro was on my left. "Don't you two want to walk beside each other? You don't need to act so formally with me, you know?"

"We are in the middle of our job," Leal answered.

"Ah... if you say so." I put my arms on their shoulders and walked with them while smiling. I did not feel any resistance coming from them and they just continued walking with me. "Anyway, isn't it bad if people see you attending to me? I mean, you are a prince after all." 

Leal just stared at me and expressed a puzzling smile. "Don't worry, the people of this kingdom no longer see me as their prince. Nor one of them... to them, I am just a subordinate of a Demon who is also a ruler of a town."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You and Kuro are not my subordinates though. You two are my friends."

I felt Kuro's hair move as she pointed her face at me, but I could not see her expression due to my eyes directed at Leal who was looking at me with confusion. 

"Casimir... which of your words are lies and are truths? I can't tell." He said while looking at me with seriousness in his pair of jade green eyes.

I chuckled. "That's a secret that I won't tell you. It's no longer fun if you already know which one is which."

He slowly nodded. "Then, it is for me to comprehend." 

After walking through the corridor for a few minutes, we reached a certain room with a large double door. As we arrived, I instantly saw the person standing at the door while smirking at us.

"Boss, everyone is here and the meeting will start once you get inside."

I nodded at Leo. "Good. Stand behind me as the meeting proceeds."

Leo's smirk became much wider. "You don't have to tell me, I will... and with pleasure."

Leal and Kuro opened the door for me, I stepped in with Leo walking behind me. As I wandered my eyes through the people in the room, I raised my hand and smiled at them.

"Yo."

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

18