Chapter 159: Opposition
449 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"Yo," I said as I raised my hand to the people inside the meeting room.

All of their heads turned to me while expressing various expressions on their stupidly beautiful faces.

I can pretty much tell now that all of the citizens of this kingdom are a bunch of overly attractive narcissists!

Just like the other rooms in this castle, the meeting room was colored white with a chandelier with a gold body hanging in the middle of the room. Under the chandelier was a large wooden round table with seven people sitting beside it. All of their eyes were on me as if they were watching every movement I made while expressing different expressions on their faces.

"We are about to start, take your seat, Warlord Casimir." King Asmit said while expressing a proud smile.

I raised my index finger. "Just Casimir."

Sitting on both of his sides were the two princes. Prince Hien nodded at me while expressing a gentle smile while on the other hand, Prince Alric did not even bother to look up and just continued to look at the table in front of him while crossing his arms and expressing no emotion on his face. Just like King Asmit, he was no longer wearing his body armor and just a white long sleeve.

I mean, I would prefer Prince Alric's reaction compared to the other four unfamiliar people in the room! 

They were looking at me as if I was about to slaughter everyone in this room! However, at least this time, they were trying to hide it by showing their proud smiles on their lips even though their eyes were clearly telling the truth!

As if one of the four could not hold it anymore, he stared at King Asmit with opposition visible in his eyes. "I can not believe you have done this awful misstep, King Asmit. A demon? And not just a lowly demon, a meruem. The worst of the worst. Haven't you learned your lesson 80 years ago? You want another meruem to endanger our nation once again?"

I cleared my throat. "At least let me take my seat first, you know?" I walked towards the wooden chair where Leal, Leo, and Kuro were standing behind and sat on it. I put my elbow on the wooden table and leaned my cheek on my palm while smiling at them. "I see. So, this is what this meeting is all about. Now, continue. Let me hear it."

However, the one who expressed his opposition just stared at me with his shivering eyes.

What? Did I say something bad?

King Asmit put his hand over the table and closed his eyes. "I bet you would say the same in every race." He slowly exhaled. "However, I would honestly say that even I detest the demons. They are the most evil race in existence and I am fully aware that trusting one by forming an alliance with them has no justification... especially from a meruem... the most dangerous race of Ulterra." He shifted his gaze at me and slowly nodded.

I shrugged. "Fair enough."

"Then why?" One of the other four asked, he tried to stand up to assert his dominance but immediately went back to his seat upon seeing me staring directly at him. "The Elder council won't like this insolence, King Asmit." He said with almost a whisper voice, but still audible due to how silent the room was.

King Asmit stood up and wandered his eyes to all the people in the room. "I cannot comprehend if you all are just keeping a blind eye to what really happened in the recent battle or just truly don't know about it. The great kingdom of Erela had almost met its devastating defeat back in our latest battle. Our army could not do anything to fight back against the humans' new weapons of mass destruction, we were left alone and about to meet our demise. In my final breath, with only one arm and a leg to use... I had lost my final hope and was just waiting for my impending death to come." King Asmit pointed his index finger at me."They arrived and helped us to get out from the edge of our end and easily won the impossible battle on our behalf." King Asmit stared back at the four people staring at him with disbelief. "Demons... I despise them with all of my heart, and that will never change. However, treating the people who just saved my people is unspeakable, and letting my hatred and pride overwhelm me is the worst of all." He smiled. "Gratitude... That's what I call it." He sat down. "That's it for that matter, we should start with the meeting now."

Oh, wow. I'm glad to know that this meeting is not about 'roasting the demon who helped us', thank goodness!

One of the four people in the meeting room stood up. "You just don't have any faith in our people. The fairies will come to aid us, they always do, but due to that demon's arrival and successfully forming a disastrous coalition with our nation... With you. You have just lost the faith of the fairies in you... to us." He proceeded to walk towards the door. "You are not just welcoming them, you also invited the people who are not worthy of participating in this meeting. The council will know this insolence and you will regret this."

Ah... What a pain.

"Oy, Dick face. The meeting is just about to start, right?"

He stared at me with confusion on his face. "Ha?"

"I came here to hear what this meeting is all about, not to hear some stupid rants coming from a spoiled old man with a face of a teenager... and acting like one. And now you're gonna leave after ruining my mood?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Tell me, do I look like a very kind person to you?"

His eyes widened. "Wha... what-"

I stared at King Asmit. "King Asmit, may I ask, this meeting has nothing to do with the legitimacy of our alliance, right?"

King Asmit nodded. "Yes. To some extent, the meeting that will happen has nothing to do with it."

"Good." I raised my index finger. "Leo."

"Yes, Boss?"

"Kill anyone who tries to get out of this room before the meeting ends... and also, beat the shit out of anyone who says anything stupid about me."

Leo chuckled as he cracked his fingers. "This will be fun."

The one standing stared at me with great fear in his eyes. He looked to the other people in the room but none of them showed any support for him. "This... this is an awful act of disrespect! You will let a lowl-" He covered his own mouth. "You will let him do whatever he wants?"

"After acting tough earlier, you are now crying for help? Please don't." I smiled at him. "Because believe me, I have been trying to resist my urge to turn you into a barbecued moron. So, I would suggest that don't test my temper or you will get the privilege of experiencing it... Unless, you still want to push your luck."

Slowly, with his shivering eyes, he sat back in his seat and silently looked around the people with him.

All of them were looking down except Prince Alric who was staring at me directly as if he was observing me attentively.

I chuckled and clapped my hands once. "Man! Forgive my pettiness, how immature of me to say such terrible things. I hope it won't cause any trouble."

However, I received no reply. For a few seconds, the room remained silent. Until the sound of someone clearing his throat resonated throughout the room.

King Asmit raised his head and expressed a proud smile while staring at all of us. "Now, with all that said and done... should we proceed to start the meeting now?"

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

17