Chapter 160: Goal And Cooperation
435 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


For a few seconds, silence occurred in the room. King Asmit pointed his gaze towards Prince Alric who immediately stood up and wandered his eyes on us.

Prince Alric cleared his throat before saying anything. "The scouts we sent to observe the boundaries of the great forest of Fiora have returned, and based on their reports... The sighting of a much larger army consisting of forces of several human kingdoms has been confirmed. An army with massive numbers of personnel, much larger than we fought earlier. Once the army that is currently retreating at this moment and the army on their way here meet, the least we can expect is a full-scale war against tens of thousands or much more hundreds of thousands of warriors. This time, we are the ones that are overwhelmingly outnumbered."

King Asmit nodded. "With those destructive aerial weapons of theirs, we cannot let them get near our kingdom. As long as they are around, we can't move suitably, they will just destroy us all the moment we show ourselves."

I raised my index finger and smiled as I saw all of them shift their gazes at me. "Those things are called the Zeppelin bombardment force. With those vehicles' presence, they would cause a huge problem if your army tried to go out of this kingdom. After all, that was what they were trying to do, based on what I observed in the battle that happened earlier." I leaned my back to the backrest of my chair. "I can deal with them, so you can do your thing."

King Asmit stared at me for a few seconds before nodding. "I understand. So, you're going to help us in this battle."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Isn't that what this meeting is all about? To prepare our strategy?"

Out of nowhere, a chuckle exploded. Prince Hien covered his mouth. "Forgive my rudeness. But, to be honest, I was expecting you to decide to abandon us the moment you heard what kind of unwinnable war is already on its way towards this kingdom."

What's that supposed to mean?

I tilted my head. "Uh?"

Prince Hien waved his hand. "This kingdom is about to face the most formidable battle it will face since the very day it was founded, doesn't that prove to you that the risk is much greater than the potential benefits you could get from us? No matter how much I think about it, I can't see any considerable merit for you to join this battle. Don't get me wrong, I do think you could be a tremendous help to us. Based on what I heard and saw in the recent battle, you and your people have proven more than enough. However, it's just... it's making me wonder more about what your goal really is for going this far for the sake of an alliance. What absurd scheme do you have to decide to fight with us with your measly 2,000 warriors in this massive scale war? This is not a question of capabilities, this is a question of your ulterior motive. Why not share even a bit of it with us? After all, we are no longer strangers to each other, right? Ruler of the town of Agrona."

Uh...

"Very well." I nodded. "The risk is greater than the reward, you said? Yes, it is. No considerable merit? I don't think so. And most of all... unwinnable?" I pointed my gaze to Leal standing on my left side. "What do you think, Leal?"

Say something! I will think of not so stupid made-up 'ulterior motive' while they are busy with you!

Leal bowed his head and stared at me first with a puzzling smile on his face before pointing his gaze to the people with us. "I will agree that at first glance, our side is at a great disadvantage. However, I believe that we have tricks of our own that can completely answer theirs. First, the Zeppelin bombardment force... Yes, they are extremely destructive and decisive. However, the good thing is... we have two individuals in our forces that can easily demolish them, eliminating the humans' advantage against the forces of the kingdom of Erela who have nothing to answer against the Zeppelin bombardment force. And I am not talking about just ordinary individuals... I am talking about the two of the most powerful personnel of our forces... The widely known warrior, the Infernal Destroyer, Nine, and of course, our ruler who has already shown a fraction of his capabilities." Leal pointed his hand towards me. "Warlord Casimir."

I slowly shook my head while staring at the people in front of me. "Just Casimir."

"And about their great advantage in numbers? We all know that numbers are never a problem, the kingdom of Erela is not one of the greatest kingdoms of Ulterra if just mere numbers are enough to discourage us." Leal raised his hand. "After all, our nation is the ruler of the great forest of Fiora." He clenched his fist. "The forest itself is the greatest advantage we have that humans cannot fathom to fight against. With the combination of the two powerful forces, their number is nothing compared to the swiftness of the elven people and the overwhelming firepower of the warriors of the town of Agrona."

Hmm, he's doing a great job making us sound useful!

"Why didn't we even hesitate to join this battle, you asked? Because our ruler doesn't see an impossible battle. All he can see is the victory waiting for us to take, so the world will know what kind of indestructible force the town of Agrona is in his leadership. That's his objective for joining this battle, and helping this kingdom against what you deemed as an unwinnable battle is nothing of a risk. This war is just a stepping stone for him to reach the top of the power hierarchy, and the news of mere hundreds of thousands of human warriors can't even impede him. Now, it's up to you how you will take this, but that's our ruler's goal for coming here. For the progression of his grand conquest... For domination and incomparable influence."

Oy! The fuck are you saying now?

All at once, King Asmit, Prince Alric, and Prince Hien smirked while looking at him.

King Asmit rested his jaw on his hand over the table. "Although the idea that you are trying to propose is already in our minds, it still surprised me to hear those words coming from you, My son. You used to be a soft child, very soft. The last time we were together, all you could do was cry on your knees while begging for anyone to help you with your problem." A gentle smile emerged on his face. "Look at you, you have changed... that town turned you into a strong individual." 

I know, right! My strategist is a fucking heaven's gift!

Leal smiled and slowly nodded. For a very brief moment, he glanced at the person standing right behind me then at his father. "Yes, that town really did."

I heard murmurs coming from the other four people with us in the room while staring at Leal and Kuro with visible disdain on their faces but immediately hid them as I stared at them.

Seriously though, why are you here, people? What's your job in this meeting? To observe? They don't seem knowledgeable about anything, all they have been doing is watching me, Kuro, Leal, and Leo. What are you? Four displays?

Prince Alric pointed his gaze at me. "I can finally see what you are trying to do, Warlord Casimir. I am grateful for your assistance and would have no problem honoring your alliance with us. However, I will say that you don't have my trust... and based on what I have been hearing and seeing right in front of me... I don't think you will have it soon." He said while expressing a very strict expression on his face.

Ow... He finally decided to speak out! However, all I want to do is to live a peaceful life and make sure my friends are safe! All of them!

I shrugged. "Fair... But, I would say that I don't need your trust or anyone in this kingdom. All I need is your cooperation for me to achieve my end. Nothing else."

He nodded. "Then, you have it. The full cooperation of the kingdom of Erela. Treat our forces as part of yours and we will do the same to yours, at least until this incoming battle ends. With that said, let's do our best in this war, for us to protect our kingdom and our people and for you and your goal to obtain incomparable influence throughout Ulterra."

"Prince Alric!" One of the four displays shouted in surprise while staring at Prince Alric with his shivering eyes.

"Why? What are you thinking! This is unthinkable!"

Prince Alric did not even look at the displays who called for him and continued staring at me. "The thing is, I love this kingdom more than I distrust you, and if we can use you to ensure the safety of our people... I will, even if it means being used for whatever hideous end game you are aspiring to. If it's what it takes, then, so be it. I just hope we won't end up regretting having an agreement with you, Tyrannical Warlord, Casimir."

Just Casimir.

Both Prince Hien and King Asmit stood up while expressing proud smiles on their faces.

"And that's it, the crown prince and the king of the kingdom of Erela have decided. You have just received the endorsement of two of the three factions of this kingdom." Prince Hien said while shrugging. "The things that we will do for our people, right?"

Three?

I felt a heavy hand on my right shoulder and a lighthearted laugh coming from Leo resonated throughout the room. "Although we don't need your endorsement for us to do whatever we want, we will gladly take it anyway. After all, you have made an effort to organize this meeting just for this matter."

Oy!

I smiled at the three royalty in front of me while trying to ignore the raging faces of the four displays in the room. "You won't regret it."



Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!



15