Chapter 161: Disdain And Hatred
458 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

(Third Person)

Inside one of the rooms in the castle of the kingdom of Erela. The council court, where seven people were in the room. The same four people who were present in the meeting kneeled before the three people in front of them, sitting on the higher platform while looking down at their subjects.

"This is ridiculous! Asmit and Alric really are already out of their sanity! Allying with a mere Demon? An insignificant meruem that Asmit's exiled son brought into this kingdom! This is madness! I won't let this imbecility continue!" Kalim stood up while expressing great hatred on his beautiful face.

"Calm down, Kalim." Said Farga who was sitting in the middle chair while slowly shaking his head. "I am glad to know that Hien did a great job exposing all of their plans in that meeting for us to know. Like a reliable pawn that he is." A puzzling smile emerged on his face. "With that said, it seems Asmit has already forgotten where he belongs. Perhaps, we have been tolerating him a little bit too much. This is what would happen if someone assumed that he had more power than he actually has." He leaned his back to the backrest of his wooden chair. "However, proceeding hastily is not an option. Don't forget that he still holds a massive fraction of the support of the citizens of this great kingdom."

"Which I suppose are starting to dwindle due to the recent action that he decided to make." Said Hargid who was expressing a proud smile. "He brought his own downfall onto himself. By associating with a disgusting demon, he just proved to his people that he is not worth the throne he has been sitting on."

Kalim slowly nodded, while staring at the two. "I see. Getting rid of him is far easier now."

Farga's baritone laughter resonated throughout the room. "He just helped us to reach our objective by putting himself into this mess. Now, all we need to think about is how we can get rid of that foul demon in our great nation before it and its minions managed to spread their awful smell throughout our kingdom. Such unpleasant creatures have no right to step in, moreover to stay here. They should just go back where they belong, to that slum of a town they are living in!"

"What should we do, Farga?" Kalim asked.

Farga slowly nodded. "Driving them away by force is not the best and safest means, even though I hate to admit it, those spawns of darkness hold power that could cause great damage to our kingdom... It disgusts me to think that such lowly creatures have those capabilities. Nonetheless, it's another story if the ones who cast them away are the citizens of this kingdom. The people who can't fight, but are believing in one belief."

All at once, the other two smiled at Farga upon realizing what he just meant.

"Let our people cast them away, we just have to give them a very good reason to. And I have a certain someone in mind that is perfect for that specific purpose."

All at once, the four kneeling elves under the platform stood up and raised their heads while expressing proud smiles on their faces.

The one who stood up and tried to leave back to the meeting rubbed his hand together and repeatedly nodded. "That arrogant demon, I want to see how his smirk gets brushed off of his pretentious face as he walks out of this kingdom while being chased by our citizens. Such a filthy beast doesn't belong in our great nation. Never will."

Upon hearing his words, the three Elder council members laughed in synchronization. Farga raised his right hand with his proud smile still intact on his beautiful face.

"It's time to make our move. Now, the pretentious demon and its filthy subordinates. Next, the arrogant king who thought he could compete against us... The Elder council. The real ruler of the kingdom of Erela."

Farga received synchronized nods from the people with him inside the council room. However, his eyes suddenly shifted towards the far corner of the room while narrowing his eyes. He stared in that direction for a few seconds without even blinking.

"Is there a problem, Farga?" Kalim asked.

For a few seconds, Farga remained silent before cracking a chuckle while shaking his head. "Nothing."

On the other hand, in the direction Farga was looking, the corner had nothing in it, at least the individual who used to be in there was no longer there and only left a trace of black fog slowly vanishing in thin air.

***

Inside one of the corridors of the castle of the kingdom of Erela. Two groups had met and stopped at the sight of each other.

Prince Alric slightly narrowed his eyes while staring at the two people standing in front of him. Behind him were four elven knights escorting him as he walked down the corridor. "Leal."

However, Leal did not answer and proceeded to walk past Prince Alric's group, behind him was Kuro following his every step.

"I am glad to see that you really came home. Although I did not expect you to bring the entire army of that town with their ruler with you."

Leal stopped. "Our ruler. I am one of his subordinates." He stared at Prince Alric while expressing a stoic expression on his face. "Don't get me wrong, I did not come because of your persuasion. I decided to come home for the sake of my beloved father and mother. You are not even in the least of my reasons."

Prince Alric nodded and smiled gently. "I know, I am just glad to see that you two are here." He pointed his eyes at Kuro, his smile slowly lessened, but still an image of a gentle smile. "How are you, Kuro? You have changed so much as well. You look much greater compared to the last time I saw you."

Kuro pointed her emotionless face to Prince Alric. "Do you mean that time when you literally tried to kill me?"

Before even Prince Alric could react, Leal pulled Kuro in her hands and put her on his side far away from Prince Alric. "Let's go, Kuro."

All Prince Alric could do was watch them disappear in his sight while expressing a very serious expression on his face. After confirming that they were gone, he raised his black metallic right hand and closed and opened it. He flicked his head causing his beautiful blonde hair to sway gently. "And also, the very day that drastically changed my life." He proceeded to walk down the corridor. "Let's go."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

16