Chapter 17: Elsewhere (2)
3.1k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the heart of the capital, in a room looking over the city, sits the knight Commander of the Imperial knights.

Malik, a man in his early 50s with white hair to match his age, but if you were to look at his physique, it was hard and strong, as if the man were still in his prime. He sits on his desk in his golden armour, symbolising his position as the one in charge.

Across from him, Mark and Steve stood in front of his desk, two of the strongest knights of the Kingdom, both in their silver steel armour to represent their status as Imperial knights.

“Do you have an update?” Malik urged.

“Yea, we do sir, we were able to apprehend all the individuals in Lionheart residence,” Mark answers.

“Don’t forget to tell him how so many of us were injured,” Steve chimes in.

“Injured?” Malik asks.

“Around 10 of the men were injured, though it is not serious,” Mark replies.

“I thought I only permitted taking the knights. Why did you take soldiers?” Malik says.

“It was the Imperial knights who were injured, and we did only take the knights as per your orders. 3 of them were injured by Lionheart’s son Isaac,” Mark answers.

“How can a kid who just finished school be that strong? I had to step in,” Steve says.

“Well, he was the top graduate, and not to mention Lionhearts are strong. That is why I sent you guys… though what about the others?” Malik continues.

“Oh, it was the Duke’s fourth wife who took down 7 of us and I had to step in, but luckily she was not using her powers,” Mark answers.

“She overpowered 7 Imperial knights without using her powers? The rumour must be true then,” Malik mutters.

“What rumours?” Mark questions.

“That she was trained by the last sword saint only apprentice,” trained her

“Oh, the one who didn’t want the title”

“Yea, if she is capable of that much damage, we will need her on our side. Where is she now?”

“The holding cells, the interrogation mages are processing everybody to find out what they know”

“They won’t find much. The Duke is a smart man, but ask them to find the weakness of the fourth wife so we could use her that way.”

As they talked, a figure appeared out of thin air. A man wearing black clothes that hugged every part of his body. A thin sinewy figure with a black mask and a cloak with a hood hiding his face perfectly.

While two knights looked startled at his sudden appearance, Malik was unfazed.

“Knight Commander, I have an update,” the newly arrived says and glances towards the two knights before looking at Malik.

“They are fine, you can go ahead’ Malik says.

“The Duke has escaped”

“” WHAT?!’’" all three exclaim at the same time upon hearing those words.

“How is that possible?! I thought Imperial prison was inescapable,” Malik says.

“He escaped during transport’

“He escaped from you ghosts?!”

“It seems he was hiding the true extent of his power”

“What is happening now, then?”

“We have his trail and are pursuing him”

“Where is he headed?”

“At this point, it looks like Sirion”

“We can’t let him reach the elves, if they find out what he knows… you two Steve and Mark”

Mark and Steve salute the knight commander. “Your orders?”

“Coordinate with the Ghosts and bring back the Duke if possible, otherwise kill him”

The two knights gulp for they know the tenacity of Ghosts, the elite group of imperial knights who specialise in everything discreet which the kingdom doesn’t want the world to know about and if the Duke could escape from them, then this will not be an easy mission.

“” Yes, Sir"" they answer in unison for they had little choice but to agree.

45