Chapter 20: News
2.9k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awaken to warmth surrounding me.

It is as if I am buried in it. I don’t want to open my eyes for everything good that I dreamt about will be shattered, for reality will hit.

I just want to stay like this for a while longer.

“My lady, I bring news.” I hear a woman’s voice.

“Go on Sophia.” I hear Madame answer as the warmth I was buried in is replaced by what feels like a duvet. I still don’t want to open my eyes.

“It seems something is going on with the Imperial knights.”

“If you are telling me that, then you don’t know the reason.”

“Yes, my lady.”

“Ask the tavern-keeps if they have heard anything and also ask Malik’s maid if she has heard or seen anything. I paid to get her to learn to read for a reason.”

“Yes, my lady.”

“Any news on Lionhearts?”

My ears perk up on that question.

“They are being interrogated using magic.”

“If they are being interrogated, that means they are not guilty and imperial knights are looking at their memories to find things which those people didn’t think would be important.”

“I see, my lady. Will you tell the boy?”

“He already knows. Let us go.”

Shit, she is too quick.

I hear the door close and I open my eyes to see the morning sun shining through the balcony.

What could the imperial knights be up to? At Least mother and sister should be safe, but if they are looking at their memory, they would know about me and also what kind of woman mother is.

Damn, that might not end well. How will she explain that?

They would also start looking for me, but what could a 4-year-old know?

They will probably ignore my existence. Should I try to leave here? Where should I go?

My stomach growls, waking me up from my thoughts.

I head towards the kitchen where there is a similar sight of the chef cooking a bunch of dishes.

“Good morning. May I please have something to eat?”

“ah, good morning sweetie, sit yourself down. I’ll bring over breakfast.”

I sit myself down at a table and wait for food,

Soon a plate of food is placed in front of me and I devour all of it in a mere minute.

“Slow down, nobody will take it from you.” the chef sits down next to me.

“Thank you, it was just so delicious.”

“Hoh” she ruffles my hair.

“Do you feel better after last night?” she asks as I remember she was also there.

“Yes, thank you.” I answer.

“Don’t worry, you are safe here if you want to talk. I am here,” she gives me a quick hug before returning to cooking.

As I leave the kitchen, I run into Ralph.

“I see you are still sleeping with madame,” he says, looking annoyed.

“She doesn’t give me much of a choice.”

“I bet. I have brought some clothes for you and left them in your room, though perhaps I should have put them in madame’s room.”

“No, thank you Ralph. You have done so much already.”

“It’s fine. Madame has asked for us.”

He walks towards the madames’ office, where he knocks on the door and is given permission to enter.

“Good, you are here. I’ll get straight to the point.”

“Ralph, I want you to stay with me after you are free. What do you say?”

Ralph is clearly happy with this.

“Yes, my lady, nothing would make me happier. Does that mean we don’t need him?” he looks towards me.

Will I be thrown away? Where will I go? Did I cry too much?

When did he start hating me?

“No, he will stay as-is and I will continue his training, but you will also be trained to serve me so you can stay with me forever.”

I felt relieved at not having to be chucked out, but curious about what she wanted from Ralph.

“Aliyah, come in,” madame says

A woman comes in wearing what I would describe as tight leather clothes which hugged every part of her tight body,

A slim and tall woman with long black hair in a ponytail.

“Yes mistress.”

“Ralph, she will be your master from today until your training is complete.

Everything and anything she says you will obey.” Madame says to Ralph.

“Aliyah, you know what to do,” madame says to Aliyah as she winks unseen by Ralph, who looks perplexed.

“Boy, come with me.” Aliyah walks out with Ralph in tow.

46