Chapter 22.5: Isabella POV
3k 11 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am Madame Isabella. I was not always known by that name. At one point, I was just Isabella.

I was to be born to a baron family, but my mother was thrown away before even giving birth. Hence, I was born a commoner. My mother worked hard to raise me but she passed away due to overwork.

I soon found out I had a unique attribute magic, and I found myself doing many shady things to survive in this ruthless world.

At one point, a knight found me; she dragged me out of the world I was living in and made me into her apprentice. She took me under her wing to train.

The knight was training two other people from a baron family. An arrogant bastard and a naive girl.

I soon became friends with the naive girl, and through time made her into my lover.

Her innocent expression would drive me crazy. They had brought her up in a sheltered environment, so she didn’t know how the world worked.

A lonely girl untouched and pure of heart. I wanted her for myself. I had already begun some of her training to make sure she only belonged to me. Then the knight’s training ended.

It was too early. If only I had more time, I would’ve made sure she could not live without me. I presented her with a choice to run away, hoping she would accept.

She declined. I left with the knight towards the Elven kingdom of Aldhiem, where I made a name for myself.

A few years later, I found myself back in the Kingdom of Midas, where she lived. Now I was based in the capital, running a courtesan house and many other businesses. I reached out to her only to find out she was about to get married as per her family’s wishes.

My feelings came rushing back. I was furious that I could not have her. I found girls who looked like her and used them for my pleasure, but it wasn’t enough for they could not satisfy me as they were not her.

She told me she had given birth to a boy named Allen. She told me about him.

I thought to myself, maybe I can find boys who looked like him and play out my fantasies. Perhaps I’ll feel better.

I soon found a boy named Ralph. It was too good to be true as blue-eyed babies are usually born to nobles who have a habit of training in magic, so the affinity gets passed down.

I later found out Ralph is indeed a noble from a viscount family, no less.

His father found out that I was looking for a child lover to raise.

His father probably thought if he could get his son to become my lover, I would do anything for his son.

Hah. his plans will go down the drain for his son will become my slave. I can’t wait for the look on his face when his son has become my puppet.

This revelation also meant that I could not use Ralph to play my fantasies and issued for another boy that looks like Allen.

A few weeks later, news broke out that Lionheart’s family has been arrested. I thought to myself that I have to save her. I used my sources to find out anything and everything, but the royal family was tight-lipped about the matter.

It was as if only the royal family knew of treason that Lionheart had committed. I would have to wait until investigation gets underway.

Thoughts go through my mind: a child was delivered to me, a boy who reminded me of her and had the same features as her Allen. what was even more fascinating was the life energy he carried.

As a death attribute magic user, I can perceive the life energy all the beings carry.

Life energy is literally what keeps you alive. You are born with it and die if it runs out. Certain beings can play around with life energies and as a person who used death attribute magic, I can manipulate to a certain extent.

The boy in front of me is overflowing with life energy. I have seen nothing like it. Even elves have less life energy.

Looking at his innocent face in front of me, I thought I had found my perfect Allen substitute, but looking at his life energy, I wasn’t so sure.

After that, the boy talked to Ralph about the Lionheart family. I had a strange feeling and went and grabbed him the same night.

I stared into his eyes and thought to myself, could he be Lena’s boy? They hadn’t published the list of people they arrested. Could Lena have got her son out? If I know her, she would have given him to an untrustworthy person and fought the other side to protect him.

It would make sense. I got excited by the fact that this boy could be Allen, born out of her womb. I used that night to take advantage of him and felt satisfied after a long time.

As the next day progressed, I found him reading in the library and suspicions became reality for only nobles could be expected to read at such a young age, for only they had education and money to afford it.

This boy was just as naïve as her not knowing the norm and he sits there reading, oblivious to the problems this could create.

I need to get him away from Ralph, then find a way to protect him.

56