Awakening
5k 15 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An: Just realized that over 100 paragraph comments were deleted because I edited the first few chapters. Yeah, Sorry about that. First few chapters basically don't have any paragraph comments now.

---

I frantically looked around as I tried to take control of my frantic breathing. Believe it or not, neither the head-splitting headache nor the unfamiliarity I had with the place didn't help.

Feeling like this is getting out of hand I did what I always did in order to calm down.

*SLAP*

I groaned quietly as my cheeks ached from the strong slaps I gave them with both hands.

'This is not a dream and I need to calm down.'

I took control of my breathing and closed my eyes.

I took deep breaths, completely filling my lungs. I stopped thinking as I slowly let out the air in my lungs.

Finally, I was coherent enough to think rationally.

This place is not unfamiliar. No. In fact, I lived here my whole life. This whole life at least.

I chuckle at the strangeness of the situation. It was crazy.

The headache was because of the memories of a person, another person from another world that saw mine as a fictional 'cartoon'.

Cartoon.

It is strange that I even know what it means.

If that person was here he would say our souls mashed together and merged but I don't dare to think of that. My mother used to say spirits always listened and talking about the soul is forbidden.

It is strange really. He lived for 20 full years, yet despite being younger than him, I am still the dominant one. Most likely because he was a 'NEET' (I hope I will get used to knowing strange words) while I was a proud firebender.

I got his memories, instead of him getting mine. Sounds complicated but it is not.

I stood up to get some water, only to be startled by the weird blue box in front of me.

My hands shook from excitement.

''Oh spirits... This is really happening!''

This was the legendary 'cheat' that would let you become anything!

The Gamer System!

I had it!

-

Important

[AN:I have decided to go with letters instead of numbers this time. I am borderline OCD and try to micro-manage every number to perfection. That was a mistake in my last fic and the gamer system became mostly hidden (you saw the skills, the titles and many things but almost never the numbers after some point) because of that. This is simpler and easier to manage and keep track of. As you can imagine, It goes from F- to S+. Giving HP a number is dumb but MP can be given a number and luck can't be a stat. VIT is related to HP and MP is related to INT and WIS but they both can be increased without the stat increasing. (If you do lots of firebending exercises, it will increase your MP but INT won't increase. INT is intelligence and it is about your brain's processing ability, speed and power. High INT means you are a five-head Giga brain overlord. WIS is wisdom and it is about how well you use your intelligence. Your knowledge and life experience increase the WIS attribute.

It makes more sense that way in my opinion. Sorry about the info dump.]

-

Name: Kunyo

Title: Fire Nation Mid-class Noble

Class: Firebender

Rank:D+

HP: %97

MP: 280

STR: D

AGI:D-

VIT:E+

INT:C-

WIS:C-

'... Kind of disappointing but whatever, that means I can only go up now.'

''Although it is slightly weird but knowing exactly what they mean is a relief. I don't have to learn or explore anything about the Gamer system since I already know everything about it.

'Let's see my titles, classes and skills.'

--

Titles:Fire Nation Mid-class Noble

Fire Nation Mid-class Noble: +%40 fear and respect from commoners of the Fire Nation. +%10 fear and respect from low-class nobles of the Fire Nation.

--

'Expected but still disappointing.'

--

Class: Adept Firebender (Novice-Adept-Expert-Master-Pinnacle)

Adept Firebender: +%30 Effectiveness of Firebending (less cost more firepower and style) +%50 Learning speed of Firebending Techniques

--

'That's pretty good actually.'

--

Skills: Gamer's Mind, Gamer's body, Adept Brawling, Blazing rings and arcs, Blocking Fire, Fire blade, Firebomb, Fire fist, Fire daggers, Fire Streams, Fire whip...

--

I ignored the rest of the skill screen as it seemed to list every firebending move I have learned.

Seconds later all of them disappeared under my shocked gaze.

Instead of them, a new skill appeared.

Firebending (click to see the techniques associated with it)

'Good. It is good to know that I can adjust the system for myself. I shouldn't suit the system, the system must suit me.'

--

Gamer's mind: You are able to think calmly and rationally during moments that would make a regular man panic. Does not destroy emotions but gives you the ability to mute them at will.

--

'Sounds small but I can see the advantages of it. I could basically be a seasoned veteran despite having no experience at all.'

--

Gamer's Body: Your body is a game character's body. How side effects (such as poison, debuff, buff...) affects your body has changed. Sleeping in a place you consider home heals you %100, fills your MP and gets rid of any bad side effects. Sleeping at a place you consider bed heals you %75, fills %75 of your MP and gets rid of weak side effects. Sleeping at an unliked (cold, stone, jungle...) place heals you %25 and fills %25 of your MP.

--

'That is good, pretty fucking good.'

--

Adept Brawling: +%30 effectiveness of melee fights with no weapons. +%30 speed of learning of brawling techniques.

--

''Good to see my training wasn't for nothing. Everybody is all about firebending but they don't think what would happen if somebody got close to them. I will be prepared for that.''

--

Firebending: Your innate ability of Firebending. This skill includes all of your firebending techniques.

--

-

Kunyo let out a deep breath as his eyes shone with expectation. Based on the memories he got, the world would get pretty fucking crazy soon. He had only about a year before Aang was released from his ice prison.

Now, he had to choose. If he went now, he could be the one who released the Avatar. He could join him and be a hero, or capture him while he was weak and present him to their King.

Or he could fuck Aang and his crew and set out his own path. He could learn how to use chi effectively. He could release his chakras. He could learn from a legendary master in hiding or even dragons and sun warriors. REAL FUCKING DRAGONS. He could become the second avatar by releasing the Vaatu.

Or he could stop here and try to befriend the fire princess, become a playboy, and use politics while secretly getting stronger. If he helped Azula, he could be a hero. A different kind of Hero, but still.

His spine shuddered at the thought.

Thanks to the show he knew she was just a broken girl. Her mother had shunned her and she had gone to her father. Her monster of a father who had taught her how to be a monster. Fear over Trust. Dominance over Friendship...

The girl he knew and the girl he saw from the show were different.

The Azula he knew was an elegant monster nobody dared to approach. He knew he could do it. He could use her weaknesses. He could use her political power and bending genius to rise himself through the ranks. He knew how to use her thanks to her almost broken mind.

'No.'

''That is the path of a loser.''

He could do it all. He would have the most beautiful woman in the world whose genius was recognized by everyone. If he worked hard he could even convince her to build him a harem. BUT he would still be lower than Ozai. Sure, thanks to his gamer system he could reach heights Ozai could never even dream of, but he didn't want to reach there like that. With borrowed power from Azula.

'Besides I don't think I can talk to her anymore. She doesn't even come to the royal academy anymore. Yeah... The whole plan depends on a crazy and broken bitch. Not taking that route.'

'What then? Go with the Aang and the GAang? I don't really feel like dealing with their bullshit. I understand he is a child and a genuinely good person with some naivety but is it worth dealing with that? That chick Katara might be hot but she is a little brat through the whole series. It might be hard to endure her bitching even after joining them despite being a firebender. Oh yeah, she hates firebenders.'

''My own road then. I will carve my own path. It will yield the best results. I will learn the art of firebending from real masters, even spirits. Once I learn how to spirit bend I might even become the Dark Avatar (I don't know if I would take that risk. Nobody touches my mind and allowing a great spirit into yourself doesn't sound really smart. But, it's a good goal to have).''

'First I got to convince my father tho.'

[Allright. This is me. Lowkeygoodstuff. The author of the late Overlord of the Kunoichi is a Gamer. It is tearful that after almost 15k collections (wrote like 2-4k words every day for 2 months...) I deleted it but don't worry because this won't be deleted.

This will have smuts there and there but it won't be the main focus so don't expect many smuts (unlike the other one). You might be disappointed with the lack of smuts but honestly, I wrote so many of them it kinda wore me out.]

[This will be smaller than my previous fic, mostly because there won't be a shit ton of smut and Avatar has a relatively low danger rating. I MIGHT make him make a small sequel in which he just flexes his powers in Legend Of Korra and maybe fucks her, I dunno. Just an idea for now.]

Anyway, thanks for reading.

-----

[Edit after chapter 33: Volume 1 has some humor but it's more on the serious side while volume 2 has more jokes on it because it mostly focuses on worldbuilding, learning new abilities and creating new plot lines. So I relied on the comedy to make it interesting, thought it would be boring if I just info dumped you guys. Some people didn't like it but most people enjoyed it even more. If it upsets you I have a good spoiler, things get a little bit more serious like in the volume 1 (still has jokes but less than volume 2).]

65