Chapter 4: Where Did She Hide That Tail
3k 11 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been at least an hour since Ty ran to his room since the tongue biting incident. At first, I laughed it off, but when I saw how hurt he actually was, I held my tongue and told him to rinse it off in the bathroom. 

Then the dumbass thought it was a good idea to eat after that and ended up storming to his room in a fury, yelling about how he was going to kick everyone’s asses in street fighter. I didn’t know what the fuck he was talking about, but he hasn’t left his room since. 

I cleaned up the dishes, of course. I ate everything that was leftover but put one small bowl up for later. What a first day. My face flushed up the more I thought about the way he had to peel me away from him earlier. It had been an entire day since the last time I ate, so I was already cranky to begin with, but after that experience, I just really wanted something to eat.

I slapped water on my cheeks and went off to the bathroom. Just a quick bathroom break, then I’ll check up on him. As I walked to the bathroom door, I could hear him screaming from the hallway. It would’ve been hilarious, especially the way his words slurred because of his tongue, but he sounded genuinely angry. How competitive is that game?

Ignoring the cries of insanity, I head into the bathroom. I pull my panties down below my ankles and sit on the toilet. Again, I couldn’t believe how clean this bathroom was. Yeah, there was dust here and there, but that’s nothing compared to the bathrooms I’ve seen. I could finally feel my ass sitting on a toilet seat without any baby batter in between. 

I take a deep breath and let my tail roam free. Keeping it up there for so long just made it hard to walk, but I couldn’t let anyone see what I was. I’m already taking a risk telling him my real last name, but thankfully he’s as much of an idiot as I expected. He just laughed off a succubus’ name like it was nothing.

I move my tail closer to me and caress it. Starting today, I have no clue how long I’ll even be able to use it. It was already infuriating keeping this thing hidden, but the thought of it staying that way made me tense. If I want to make a difference, however, I need to suck it up. It’s not all about me. It never has been.

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened, and in came waltzing the man of the hour with his tongue sticking out like some kind of dog. 

“Uhm.” I spoke, feeling rather uncomfortable that he’s just staring at me. “You mind? I’m trying to take a piss.” I follow his eyes and remember that my tail was exposed for all to see. 

I look at him and at my tail. I look at my tail and back at him. He’s screaming. I’m shouting that he’s just seeing things. I tuck my tail behind me. He’s running. I realize I’m in deep shit if he posts about this online.

“God dammit.” I’ve said that so much lately that it’s starting to become my catchphrase. 

I stuff my tail back and leave the bathroom. He can’t post anything about it online. If someone figures out I’m here, I’ll have hell to pay. 

***

“What the fuck did I just witness.” I begin hyperventilating. Slowly but surely, the pieces start connecting.

She has eyes that look like hearts. At first I thought it was some fucked up genes, but it just added on to the final picture. Her last name was too weird, even considering other weird last names like Hartshorn and Shufflebottom.

Harmony’s a full on succubus. She’s a sex demon from another realm that seduces men and drags them to her lair, killing them from constant sex and enslaving their souls. A mistress of sexuality and death brought on by the sin of lust. For the love of god, I thought they weren’t real. 

I mean, certain countries say they are real, but most of that shit just sounded like bottom of the barrel conspiracy theories. Yeah right there’s a land out in the middle of the ocean where succubi live. If that were the case, the horny would prevail and dumbass men, and maybe a few women, would have found it by now. 

A knock at my door. I cease all breathing and movement. She doesn’t know I’m in here.

“Ty, I saw you walking in here.” Dammit. “We need to talk.”

I stay silent. If I say anything now, she could use that to seduce me even further. I need to call the police. They probably won’t believe me if I say a succubus is in my home, but they’ll come if I say an intruder broke in.

“I’m coming in on the count of five.” Harmony warned. “Five…”

Hah! Jokes on her. There’s a door between us. Not even the most mighty of people can just slam through a door without protection. 

“Four…”

I take out my phone.

“Three…”

I click on the app that lets me call people.

“Two…”

I open the dial.

“One…”

Oh wait, I nearly forgot that immediate emergency calls exist. I didn’t need to type in the number.

Suddenly, the door knob broke free from the door frame. Harmony grabbed it and yanked so hard the door itself fell off the hinges. It fell forward, landing in my room, kicking up a layer of dust, exposing Harmony on the other side. Her tail may have disappeared, but something else arrived in its place.

On each side of her head, a horn stuck out from her hair. They were small, but they ended at such a sharp point that if I poked it with my finger, it’ll break through the skin. The red coloring of them didn’t help calm me in the slightest.

“Shit, I’m sorry.” Harmony apologized, dropping the doorknob that she still had in her hand. “I’ll fix it later.”

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing!” I shout. It’s not like it matters anymore. I’m about to die anyway.

“Fuck it.” I spread my arms and close my eyes, waiting for her to pounce and have her way with my body. “Just end it.” 

One second. Two seconds. Three turns to four, and four turns to ten. It was a dramatic jump, I know, but that’s just how time seemed to move. After a while, I still wasn’t dead or inside her, so I opened my eyes. 

She stood there with eyes that just stared at me like she was waiting for a child to count to ten when they could only make it to nine. I pat myself down, making sure everything was still intact. My dick was still on me, at least.

“Are you done?”

“Are you gonna kill me?” I ask.

“Why would I want to kill you?”

Words failed me at that moment, just like I fail myself every day of the week. “Don’t you take life energy from men by having sex with them until they die?”

“Well, I mean.” Harmony scratched her cheek, words failing her this time. “You’re not wrong. We can do that, but it’s not ethical. We can gain energy from eating normally too, just not as much as normal people.” 

I stand there, not knowing what to do at the moment. “So, what’s going on?” I genuinely don’t know what’s even happening anymore. 

“Looks like I got some explaining to do.”

***

“First off, why are you here?” After that whole fiasco, I felt safe enough to come out of my room. Granted, I stayed at least six feet away from her just in case she jumps me. 

We sat on opposite ends of each other in the living room. I refused to take my eyes off her and every time I blinked, my heart jumped a foot. 

“I need to stay at a cheap place cause I’m broke.”

“I get that, but why are you here. With humans.” I clarified.

“I don’t feel comfortable discussing that.” 

“You don’t need to go into too much detail, but I would like a small explanation.” 

“Well, I just want to prove people wrong about cubbi?”

“Cubbi?”

“Succubi and Incubi. It’s our word for humanity.”

“And what do you want to prove wrong?”

“We’re not demons, for one thing. We’re just living beings that take nourishment from sex, but the early christian world called us demons cause sex is a sin, apparently.”

“So you’re not here to feed off my glorious bod?” I waved my hand across my body.

“If I wanted to feed from sex, I wouldn’t take someone that looks like the last time they exercised was when they jacked it for six hours straight.”

I nearly broke out in tears after that. Did she have to cut me that deep? What did I ever do to her except generalize her entire species from preconceived untrue notions about them. 

“Okay then.” I guess I can be satisfied with that answer. Now onto the next question. “So you get nourishment from actual food?”

“Yeah, just not as much as humans. We get more energy from sex than humans do when eating food, so most of us just bone to eat.”

“Even family?” I ask this not for jacking reasons, but because I have an honest curiosity that needs to be quenched as soon as possible, and in my bedroom. 

“Yeah, but usually friends’ll ask each other for sex rather than family. You know how weird it is to bone your dad as a teenager?” 

Well then, mister right hand, you have a job to do before I go to bed. I hope you are up to the task by then. However, before I end this session, I need to ask one more thing, and it is the most important question of all. The answer will depend on the next six hours of my future.

“Where did you hide your tail?”

She looked at me oddly, stood up, and walked away without even answering. A minor chuckle escaped me. She couldn’t have known that she had just given me the best answer imaginable. 

When she left without giving me a definitive answer, she gave me ammo only limited to my imagination. As a writer, my imagination has nearly unlimited ammo, even if some of that ammo is beat up and so rusted to the point that as soon as it leaves the gun, it immediately splits in two. 

Look out world. Here I come with my succubus roommate.

56