Chapter 15 – Lover?
5.4k 4 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 15 - Lover?

...

As soon as thought about it, I couldn't help but act on it. I took out the business card given by Sis Lin and turned it around to read the number.

I dialed that number and waited for the call to be picked up. It kept ringing for a bit, before it was finally picked up and a very feminine and charming voice came out from the other side.

<Hello. This is Doctor Lindie. Who is this?>

I couldn't understand why, but happiness seemed to explode within me as I heard her voice.

Sis Lin's voice sounded very exhausted though. Being a Doctor, she must be very busy at the moment with patients in long queues.

"B-Big Sis Lin? It's me, Carene."

<Carene?! Ah, so you finally remembered your Sis Lin, huh? How are you now? The appointment of yours is tomorrow, I think>

Sis Lin teased me as she tried to ask about my well being.

S-She remembered about me.. I guess she really never meant to ignore me.

Back in the past, I was really close to her when I was younger, probably 7 or 8 years old I think. I didn't have any siblings, so I always treated Big Sis Lin like a real sister. Heck, even she saw me as a naughty younger brother.. I hope she did.

What really hurt me though was that, like everyone else in my life, she too walked away from me so suddenly.

Even if she went to study, she could have visited me once.. even a post card would have been good enough.

All these years, I always thought that I did something wrong and drove her away from me. I thought that she didn't want to see me again.

I suffered so many sleepless nights in anxiety, hoping for her to return.. some day.

And now, she suddenly became so close to me all of a sudden.

Why did she left so suddenly without saying anything?!

Because of my past experiences, I am really scared thinking about the possibility of others abandoning me.

I don't want to be left behind... I don't want to be alone again.

"Yes. But, I came to my College today and... I need a Medical Certificate for my leave without notice." I reclaimed my senses and spoke about the events today.

<Oh? I am leaving for home right now. Where are you right now? Are you still at the Campus?>

"Un. It's the Saint Albert University. A-Are you really coming here right now?"

I had a really hard time hiding the surprise in my voice. Sis Lin wants to come over?

<Of course I am. We can discuss everything at my home later. Wait for me. I am arriving there at top speed!>

"D-Don't get injured alright! Drive safely." Her last remark really freaked me out. I certainly don't want her to suffer any mishap because of me.

The call became disconnected as I put my phone back in my pockets.

I only have to kill some time now, huh? I haven't eaten anything since the morning yet though. Let's get something from the cafeteria.

...

There were long queues in the Student's Cafeteria, so I had to get my lunch at the Teacher's Cafeteria instead.

The difference is that the food here is way better, but at a cost. The Student's Cafeteria is funded by the local government so it's obvious why it would be so crowded.

I ended up ordering a bowl of spicy chicken soup and three veg sandwiches. The aroma from the soup re-ignited my already unbearable hunger as I sat down in an empty seat and wolfed down everything while drinking the soup in quick successions.

It wasn't until I finished my lunch that I noticed the odd looks the men and women were giving me.

Uh oh. I forgot that I am a girl now. They are used to girls eating in small bites and eating reservedly..

Better leave as soon as possible!

I collected the empty tray and bowl, depositing it into the washing area before I quickly escaped the judging eyes.

"Haah..hah.. so scary.."

I never knew how bad it could be when others judge your every move and action.

Back when I was a man, nobody gave a rat's ass about what I was eating and how I ate. Now though...

*trrringgg~**trrringgg~*

I picked up the phone call to hear Sis Lin's voice again.

<Hey, Carene! I am here at the gates. They say it is Gate 3. Come here quickly. I am waiting~!>

"Oh.. I will be there in a minute." I disconnected the call and picked up the pace as I went towards the mentioned gate.

...

This one was closer to the parking lot and was jam-packed with all kinds of luxury vehicles. Certainly, the students here have no shortage of money it seemed.

And there she was. Standing near a blue sports car, the lady with beautiful brown hair. Sis Lin looked around from time to time as she also checked her phone for something.

I planned to surprise her from the back and approached behind her sneakily. I wonder if she would scream from surprise? I do hope to see a vulnerable side to her too.

At that moment, her phone rang suddenly and I saw her body tensing visibly.

Why is she being so uncomfortable suddenly? Who is she talking to? She was being so sneaky and quiet all of a sudden.

Unable to hold in my curiosity, I walked closer to her and tried to overhear some of her talk.

"... why are you doing this? You know that he is lying to you! I-I love you so much.. please believe me!"

W-What?! Sis Lin is in love with someone? B-But isn't she divorced already?

Her new boyfriend perhaps.. is this a lover's quarrel?

But, whatever it is.. it's her own personal business. Yeah, she is free to love anyone she wants after all.

But then, why is my chest hurting so much? What is this feeling?

Why do I feel like someone important to me is being taken away again?!

So frustrating!!

Sis Lin.. Will you leave me again soon? Why must you go away again?

What can I do about it though?

While I was being tormented by those feelings, by hand accidently bumped into a car, prompting the alarm to go off.

Sis Lin turned around to look behind her, as she finally spotted me.

"I waited for so long! What happened? Was there some trouble on the way? You can tell your big sis, you know?" She must have seen my pale face, as concern and worry appeared in her expression.

As I kept standing there with no reply, Sis Lin approached me while giving me her beautiful smile, as she tried to calm my emotions.

She.. really only sees me as her younger sister, doesn't she?

"Finally back from your adventuring, eh? Let's go now, I am very hungry and tired. The shifts really kill me, I tell you. Especially the Emergency Room... hah.. it really gives me shivers some times."

Sis Lin started to ramble about her work issues as she became so energized all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, the backlash from the past trauma and the news about Sis Lin's possible lover totally wrecked my mind, as I tried to appear normal.

But, under my skin, those thoughts were beginning to take a darker turn. Turning into an obsession..

"Yes." I spoke quietly with my eyes staring at the floor. I also loosened my clenched fist and breathed rapidly.

I-I must calm down!

I don't want to scare Sis Lin away. She must not freak out with me after all.

...

A/N: Kitty feels blessed to have so many friends.

87