Chapter 27 – Little Glutton
2.9k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27 - Little Glutton

...

<POV: Carene>

As I began to feel frustrated over being so severely misunderstood, Jorah started to poke my arm.

When I turned to look at her, Jorah happily picked up her bowl and presented it to me as she spoke,

"Um.. can I eat it now? I am very hungry!"

Look at this little glutton over here... perhaps she is trying to direct my attention away from the sad thoughts?

Such a good child, this girl.

"For sure. Here! I will give you a big serving."

Jorah happily giggled as she brought the bowl towards her and started to gulp down the stew quite literally.

Is it really that delicious? From the happy look on Jorah's face, it seems to have turned out very good.

I want to taste it too.. let's eat it then!

...

As both Jorah and I started to devour the tasty meal, the front door opened up as the sound of two girl's talk reached the two of us in the dining room.

That sounds like the twins.. They are back just now? Did they go out to have fun with their friends or something?

I didn't even realize that they are not here at home.

Be a little more responsible Carene. They are Celesta's sisters for Christ's sake! How could I just forget about the two of them.

And those two are certainly still in their growth phase for sure. I must not ignore the importance of a healthy diet for these young adults.

Making up my mind, I turned towards the two sisters passing through the hallway and stood up to approach the two of them.

Speaking of their appearances, the duo were wearing very flashy party clothes as the dresses showed the maximum amount of their skin. Lara was wearing a back low-cut dress while Lanita was wearing a white blouse along with a crimson colored mini skirt.

Lara's hair was let down till her shoulders while Lanita's hair was tied up in a bun. They had minimal make-up on their faces, as being a pair of natural beauties didn't require any of the two to use heavy make-up.

The two of them were already looking very attractive individually, yet when standing together, one could certainly not find any flaws in the perfect picture of the two together.

I tried to shift my focus away from ogling their sexy bodies and timidly asked them,

"Please wait a second you two. Have you had something to eat yet? Jorah and I cooked some stew earlier, and we happen to have a lot of it leftover. W-Would you two like to have dinner with us?"

Lara became stunned as she looked at Jorah behind me with a shocked expression. Meanwhile, Lanita approached me with a genuinely excited appearance as she enquired,

"D-Did Jorah really cook it by herself? How did it turn out? D-Does it taste really good? If it is the, hmm... I still feel somewhat hungry myself.. OUCH!"

Lanita suddenly yelled out in agony and clutched her arm as she turned to look towards Lara standing next to her.

Lara seemed to have regained her composure, as she had a very frosty expression on her face. She squinted her eyes as she glared at me with all her might, before she started to drag Lanita upstairs.

"E-Eh?! B-But. ah! I get it already. Don't hit me like that!"

"Hmph! Stupid sister.. No need to get so chummy with that.. Freak."

The two sisters continued to argue with one another. And soon, the sound of their door being tightly shut resounded throughout the house.

It's pretty evident that Lara still hates me. I really wonder why it is like that. I mean, I didn't do anything harmful to her, neither did I show any bad attitude towards her... yet.

And even if I ever wanted to do something like that.. I honestly don't think that someone like me could that off with any ease.

History is the witness... In the end, I am just a lonely loser.

"Sister Carene? If you don't hurry back here, then.. I am going to finish everything up!"

As soon as I heard Jorah's words, I relinquished my depressing thoughts and dashed towards the dining table. Jorah was quickly taking spoon after spoon full of stew and chewing it down at a rapid pace.

Not wanting to beaten by this little hamster, I too started to gulp down what remained of the stew.

...

At the conclusion of our battle of the gluttons, Jorah still won by a large margin. The little glutton had finished almost a third portion of the entire pot full of stew.

In the end though, her naivety became the cause of her sufferings. The little glutton forgot to wait for the food to get digested within her tummy before eating more, and had began to suffer from stomach ache from over-eating.

Her stomach had ballooned up so much from all the stew that she ate, that Jorah had to sprawl over her chair as she patted her swollen belly while burping from time to time.

No no no. Little Jorah must learn from this big sister. You must never give in to the desire for more, you know~?

Well... I kind of feel bad for her too.. Hopefully her food gets digested very quickly.

Jorah groaned as she opened her eyes to peek at me, as she somehow spoke,

"Sister Carene.. I am dying already. I don't think that I can stay with you any longer. Please.. I beg of you. Help me hide my stash of pervy comics from behind my desk. I don't want to be remembered as a perverted girl at all..."

Honsetly, look at this little goof. Even when she is suffering from so much pain and discomfort, she is still doing her best to make me smile.

Celesta is really lucky to have someone like Jorah as her little sister. Being around her makes me wish that I had a younger sister too...

By now, even I have begun to feel a little jealous of Celesta. I mean, she has so many family members who love her and care about her from the bottom of their heart.

Mother and Father haven't even called me in months. The last time I called them 3 months ago, they only replied to me perfunctorily and hung up the call under 2 minutes.

Honestly, it's not like I am dying for their attention or something like that. But, getting to talk to them once in a while.. would be kind of nice too.

Mother always admonishes me whenever I call her, as I interrupt her private life. She said that even parents are human beings who need their own private space.

And speaking of Father.. he said that giving birth to me was already his greatest gift to me. He said that he didn't owe me anything anymore.

Hah.. forget about the past, Carene. Don't think about it.

Focus on the present. I am already living with so may great people nowadays too. Somehow.. it feels like I am becoming a part of their lives.. slowly.

Am I wrong to think like that? I can't really help it though. I just feel such a deep sense of familiarity with the people of this household that.. sometimes, I even end up forgetting that I am an outsider here.

Though, I do have Isla here with me now. And Celesta too..

To me, Celesta is like the best friend that you would love to date, yet for some reason cannot.

And Isla.. well, we are just fuck buddies for now, for a lack of a better term.

Even then.. this is still a million times better than staying in some dark and isolated room all day long... by myself.

...

45