Chapter 29 – Awaiting
2.4k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 29 - Awaiting
 
...
 
<POV: Carene>
 
Jorah clasped both of her hands together as she desperately pleaded for me to accept her request.
 
Well.. it must have something to do at with her school life, right? Hmmm... then again, wouldn't that let me in on her personal problems as well?
 
 It also seems like a good opportunity to find out if something is troubling Jorah at school or not.
 
Not to forget, I decided to take her responsibility just a few moments ago, so it is my duty to sniff out any trouble around her!
 
Yup. It's decided then. Let's try visiting Jorah's school tomorrow for a while. But, there is the doctor's appointment tomorrow as well.
 
It shouldn't take a lot of time to drop Jorah off to her school anyways.
 
After making up my mind, I caressed Jorah's cheek lightly and kissed her forehead. Without speaking anything, I made Jorah lay down on her bed and covered her with blankets properly.
 
Jorah was still looking at me with a very pleading expression.
 
Let's break the suspense already, shall we?
 
I lightly cleared my throat before I turned to look into her eyes and spoke to her,
 
"Alright. Whatever our Princess Jorah desires, her faithful knight Carene shall do her very best to fulfill it. But, only if she sleeps like a good girl."
 
Jorah's face brightened up in an instant as she quickly raised the blanket above her head.
 
Oh ho? She is pretending to having fallen asleep already? Hah, this naughty girl.
 
Then again, it is better if she sleeps happily. This is the least that I could do for her after all.
 
I moved away from the bed with light steps and soon reached the doorway. Before closing the door of her room, I peeked back inside to observe Jorah.
 
She seemed to have fallen asleep, at least she is behaving as such. Well, I did ask her to do that so..
 
Yeah. Let's leave the good girl alone.
 
"Good Night."
 
After speaking in a very light tone, I closed the door and turned to walk downstairs.
 
Hm. If I remember correctly, Lara and Lanita have already hit their beds. Jorah has gone to bed as well. Then, the last remaining family member would be... Isla.
 
She told me that she would be arriving late tonight. She is handling two jobs at once, so it isn't really a surprise that she would be late.
 
Then, should I wait for her to arrive? Or should I just go to bed already and meet her tomorrow morning?
 
Although I do feel very sleepy... however, I am no longer a stranger to her. We are kind of in a relationship right now... even if it is one of sex buddies.
 
Hahhh.. let's try waiting for her then. Let's hope that there is something interesting right now on the Television.
 
...
 
Oh god. Everything is so boring! What the fuck is wrong with the producers nowadays? Is creating a decent show worth watching so difficult for these guys to produce?
 
And what's with these game shows? Why are they just copying each other's formats and naming it a bit differently?!
 
It sucks! Oh god. I understand now why the Internet technology advanced so fast. If it didn't, everyone would have no choice but to sit down in front of the Television and waste away their brain cells. Yeah, just like me right now.
 
And why am I not using that divine technology to my advantage right now? Well, it's because I feel so sleepy!
 
Oh god. My laziness is peaking the limits beyond what I have ever been capable of. Even if I criticize the show producers all I want, I just lack the power to pick up my phone and browse the internet.
 
So sleepy... what time is it now?
 
11:05 PM.
 
Isla is too late? What's wrong? D-Did something bad happen to her on the way home?
 
L-Let's try calling her then.
 
Ah. It's switched off. Did the phone's battery die out or something? What am I supposed to do now?
 
...
 
Mnnnh. Ah. I fell asleep? Oh god, what time is it right now?
 
11:37 PM.
 
Darn it. Isla hasn't come home yet. She shouldn't be this late normally. I really hope that she is alright. I don't even know where she works. Visiting her workplace is impossible then.
 
I never knew how frustrating waiting for someone could be. Father and Mother rarely ever came back home, so I was used to being alone.
 
When did it all change though? Ah. Can't think properly anymore.
 
My head feels like it is filled with lead. So heavy..
 
Ah. I feel so sleepy..
 
...
 
Hm? What was that sound? I think that it sounded like a door being opened up somewhere.
 
I rubbed my sleepy eyes and tried to wake myself up urgently. Looking at the time at that moment, it was 12:45 AM.
 
Past midnight. Is that Isla at the main door? Let's go and confirm quickly!
 
I stood up from the couch and turned the Television off, after which I proceeded to walk towards the main entrance door.
 
And what I saw... really left me absolutely speechless.
 
I-Isla? Why is she behaving like that? She just went to work, right?
 
Isla closed the entrance door behind herself as she wobbled her way towards the inside of the house. She stumbled a lot as she tried to remove her shoes, but failed to successfully do so multiple times.
 
Why is she behaving so weirdly? Ah. I-Is she perhaps.. drunk?!
 
Oh god. What should I do about this situation.
 
The woman that I was waiting for so long and was so worried about was actually drinking and partying god knows where. Hell, she even looks like she has drunk herself to death.
 
Should I scold her? Or maybe discipline her a bit?
 
Then again, she must be very exhausted from working day till night. However, I cannot leave her like the mess she is right now.
 
Hahhh. Let's try helping her then.
 
I approached the entrance way silently as I continued to observe Isla's condition.
 
Her dress was drenched with sweat while in a state of disorder.
 
Is it normal to sweat so much after drinking heavily? I really have no idea about it. What could I possibly know when all I have had till now were just a few cans of beer. I am certainly not an expert in these matters. Even then, her face was really glaringly red.
 
I hasn't been long since I have been here, however this is my first time witnessing Isla in such a terrible condition. This may even be a regular occurrence.
 
There is one thing that I am certain of though. Her current behavior certainly falls into the category of self-harm. Coming home so late at night... what if something untoward had happened to her during her intoxicated state?
 
Isla must be stopped for her own good. This reckless behavior of hers must be brought within reasonable limits. Otherwise.. who knows what kind of trouble she may find herself in the future.
 
...
 
A/N: Wishing sweet dreams to all friends.
43