Hogwarts Express and New Colours
591 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Broken Shackles. You can read next 8 chapters of Broken Shackles now on my Patron page. 

You can go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can tip me now by going to my Ko-fi page and buy me a coffee.

Search for 'blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 7

Hogwarts Express and New Colours

Harry came to his room after a fully exhausted day in the Ministry of Magic. He was given a copy of the prophecy which he vowed to decipher in future.

Dobby brought food for him and after eating, Harry relaxed on his bed, fully exhausted from all the activities of the day.

'Damn. That was tiring. I think I should start exercising to build my stamina and strength. After all, exercise is a must if I want to learn full flight and shape shifting' thought Harry, remembering the conversation he had with Mira just before falling asleep.

Flashback Begin

"What do mean I'm weak to keep flying continuously," asked Harry in confusion. He just started to levitate a few feet when Mira suddenly stopped him.

"You are weak, Harry. I don't mean mentally, but physically," said Mira with patience.

"But didn't the ritual correct that?" he asked even more confused.

"Harry, the ritual corrected any irregular growth. It didn't increase your stamina and strength, rather it corrected your body structure caused by your malnutrition.

It developed your muscles, yes. But it didn't give you godly stamina to do anything. You have to work for it to get it, Harry.

Your flying requires magic and physical strength to lift your weight as it reduces your magic consumption and your shapeshifting needs you to be physically fit as well," elaborated Mira.

"So you are indirectly suggesting me to work out, aren't you?" He asked in realisation. Mira gave him a snake smile, which looked beautiful on her face with her intelligent eyes and scales.

"Yes. I don't want my master to be a lazy bum, don't you think?" She further added.

"Ok. I should also explain my growth as Rituals are seen as Dark magic," said Harry, agreeing with her plan.

"How was your meal?" Asked Mira curiously.

"It's good, why?"

"Did you notice anything out of place?"

"No, wh-" Harry was interrupted by a sudden magic spike. His room was engulfed in bright green magic as Harry noticed something change in him.

"Wha-what is this? This feeling, why do I feel as if I have gained elephant strength?" He asked loudly.

Simultaneously with the green light, another blue light was also emitted from his room as it can be seen as a light show for outsiders.

"I didn't think the change would be this dramatic," said Mira. Harry didn't catch what she was saying as his brain was still processing the change.

"We have done it, Harry. At last, Magic has recognised your Right of Conquest and rewarded you for defeating the Basilisk." Said Mira in a happy tone.

"What does it mean for us?"

"Who knows. I do feel more powerful. We should test them as well, I guess,"

"If that's all, I wanna take some rest. I badly need to get in shape," sighed Harry. If he is like this after just one day of learning flight, he can't imagine what he is going to do in Quidditch. He couldn't understand how he played Quidditch without getting tired.

"Don't stress yourself too much, Harry. Maybe you didn't get accustomed to the newly developed body and was using more energy than required?" suggested Mira.

"Ya, maybe. I don't feel this tired even after flying hours on my broom," said Harry.

"Ok. I'm not going to keep you awake. Sleep well. Don't forget to call me when you want to practise shapeshifting and advanced flying and most importantly, in need," said Mira affectionately.

Harry nodded. Though she will come before anything happens to him due to her danger sensing, she doesn't want him to be careless. With a final nod, she vanished from his room.

'Phew, sleep,' thought Harry. His eyes found a blinking object in the darkroom. It was his Gringotts box. He decided to check up on it tomorrow and slept happily without knowing about the letters from the Ministry of Magic.

Flashback End

Next Morning

Harry woke up to a loud tapping on his window and looked at a large owl carrying a letter. He knew that owl, it was the same one that delivered his underage magic usage letter last year.

Dobby took the letter from the owl as Harry observed the Elf curiously.

"Good morning, Master Harry, Sir. Thees is a letter from the Ministry for you, Sir," said Dobby and explained how it came after he slept and Dobby didn't accept it till now.

"Give me, Dobby. I'll read what is in it," said Harry as he took the letter. It has the official seal of the British Ministry of Magic and Harry opened it and read it.

'To Mr Potter,

No.4 Privet Drive,

Little Whinging,

Surrey,

Dear Mr Potter,

We have received intelligence that a large magic spike was felt at the place of residence this evening. As you know, underage wizards are not permit-'

Was scratched off and in its place, a new message was written in neat handwriting.

'Hey Harry,

Mafalda here. I saw the notice in time and interrupted it. It was seen as a false alarm now and discarded.

What did you do anyway? No matter. I am happy to inform you that the notice issued to you last year on the usage of Underage Sorcery was also revoked, making you free of all charges.

Enjoy your holidays!

Hope to see you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Mafalda Hopkirk,

Improper Use Of Magic Office,

Ministry of Magic.'

It read. 'Wow. I didn't think she would jump at the first chance she get. Maybe she needs me that badly,' thought Harry pondering that angel.

He didn't know the basilisk right of conquest would cause this much ruckus. If he had, he would have been in a magic rich area like Diagon Alley and the like.

It doesn't matter now as his new 'Acquaintance' did her job well. But he decided to be careful next time.

He noticed the blinking 'G' on his Gringotts box and opened it to inspect. The Gringotts box looks like an alarm clock but with Goblins and Wizards so that anyone won't suspect a thing from the artefact.

From what he was told, the Gringotts box had 2 types of receipts. First is 'G' which means Goblin which has normal parcels in it.

The second one is 'M' meaning Magicals, which is used only for important parcels to be delivered.

Since he is the Heir of House Potter, his box has the 3rd option named 'P'. Which serves the purpose of receiving any parcels with the name Heir Potter on them.

Harry opened the box curiously to see what was in it. He saw 3 letters and parcels within, with 2 being papers and the other being a large wrapped one.

He opened the letters first. They were from his 'friends'. He took Ron's first. Though he was hurt by his actions last year, he decided to read what the redhead wrote and opened it.

Ron wished him a happy birthday first and continued. He wrote about how his father won the Daily Prophet's grand draw price with an enclosed photo of it.

He explained how they were in Egypt now near his brother, Bill, who works as a curse breaker for Gringotts there. Harry saw another photo of that added and it was taken from Daily Prophet.

Next to that was interesting news. 'Percy was the new Head Boy'. And if Ron's words were anything to go by, he and the twins were not thrilled about it.

Harry can understand why. Percy is pompous and a stickler to rules and loves authority. If he was made Head Boy, Harry thought of all the chaos that would ensue because of that with Fred and George's pranks on him.

Harry didn't get excited about the letter or the matter in it as he couldn't figure out his lack of enthusiasm. He also took Hermoine's letter to read it and figure out what's wrong.

He picked up to see what's in it and read through. Most of Hermoine's letter is about her disbelief of Harry catching up to her. She was excited to study with him next year and shared her experiences about France.

Harry cracked a smile at that. At least one person is happy to study with him. He knew Ron's nature as he spent 2 full year's with the Weasley boy. He decided upon the course of action for the coming year.

For gifts, Hermione had sent him a book on customs and traditions of British Noble families as she wished him the best time reading it.

Ron sent him some type of flyer, which has all the places he visited in Egypt. Harry didn't know why Ron sent him that but shrugged it off.

But Harry was amazed by his nonchalant behaviour. How can a person act normal when the previous year he bad mouthed the same person as if nothing was wrong again?

Harry didn't know and didn't think of pondering anyway. He has more important things to do than pondering that. He took the next letter, which is from Hagrid and it was just paper wishing on his birthday and a large package.

His last gift was from Hagrid. It was a large book. When Harry tried to open it, the book had developed jaws and teeth and started biting. Harry dropped it on the floor and thought about hitting it with a stupify, but stopped himself as he didn't want another letter from MoM. As he didn't want to trouble Mafalda so soon.

He simply called for Dobby, and he bound the book in thick ropes, stopping its movement. He heard the bookmaking sounds and closed it in its package for now.

Another letter came with his Year's books lists and Harry thought of going to Diagon Alley again but wasn't in the mood so he ordered through Owl order.

With a predatory smile, Harry took all the knowledge his mother left for him and started devouring the material like forest fire devouring trees.

Scene Break

Harry spent the rest of his holidays' training and learning as many spells as possible from his course materials and the notes his mother left for him. He must admit, his mother is very skilled in Charms and Potions.

She had invented new spells in each of the fields. Most of them relating to pranks or something to shut people up and control their actions like that.

He found a particular spell she found rather interesting. She wrote that it is mostly used on his father in their 5th and 6th year's. She felt proud of her greatest accomplishment. Shutting up James Potter that is.

Harry learnt it to use on someone he had in mind if that person behaved as they normally would. He also found so many new things like her mother's Patronus which is a Doe and his father's which is Stag.

He got curious about the charm and started to search for it.

'The Patronus Charm (Expecto Patronum) was the most famous and one of the most powerful defensive charms known to wizardkind. It was an immensely complicated and extremely difficult spell that evoked a partially-tangible positive energy force known as a Patronus (pl. Patronuses) or spirit guardian.

It was the primary protection against Dementors and Lethifolds, against which there were no other defences.'

Harry read and was amazed by the charm. He recently heard about Dementor's being deployed at Hogwarts as a precautionary measure as they thought Sirius would come to 'attack' him in Hogwarts.

He also rejected their offer to give him security by taking him to Leaky Cauldron, which Dumbledore supported him on. He continued reading.

'There were two types of Patronuses: corporeal, which meant a Patronus with a particular shape and form, and incorporeal Patronuses. Incorporeal Patronuses had no particular shape and did not protect against Dementors the way corporeal Patronuses did. Corporeal Patronuses are rare.' The book concluded.

His mother's wand still felt good in his hand as his wand stayed invisible from view for the most part as he was in his 'relatives' house. His reading speed and recall improved due to his growth in Occlumency and he also started performing Patronus charm from the instructions from his mother's book.

Harry went to an abandoned factory in the outskirts of Southampton to not to alert anyone, he started performing the Patronus once he felt he was alone.

"Expecto Patronum," said Harry with his wand. He thought of doing it with his mother's wand but discarded it as he wanted to know what his Patronus looks like.

A small whiff of white mist formed as Harry felt the drain on his magic. Not satisfied, he remembered all the time he spent with his friends in Hogwarts and the happiness he felt when he punished his relatives.

He tried again. A small misty shield formed in front of him, flickering in and out.

Happy with his progress, Harry had practised the charm for the rest of his holidays and got his Patronus to a satisfactory level. When he saw his Patronus, he jumped in joy.

He did not only practise his Patronus but also studied his mother's books and his course materials for the rest of the time, taking in more knowledge. He felt prepared more than ever for all the adventures that Hogwarts had in store for him this year.

As he warned the Dursleys about their behaviour and threatened to kill them if they did something out of the ordinary while he was gone, they nodded dutifully and Harry went to King's Cross Station in the muggle taxi and a happy Harry Potter entered platform 9.

The ritual he did after his birthday greatly improved his looks and made him desirable to every witch on the platform. The reason for his happiness is not only his accomplishments during the summer but also his improved physical strength as well.

Not forgetting the woman who helped him, Harry invited Mafalda to meet him at her leisure. He could imagine her joy upon seeing his letter, bouncing in her office. Harry was happy to meet the bountiful woman again.

People of the wizarding world are more or less sheep as he understood from his experiences in the past 2 years. But he is going to keep her around. Who knows how she would be useful for him in the future.

Harry saw Mrs Weasley and other Weasley children entering the platform and immediately went into the train and found an empty compartment and closed it off. He sat comfortably and read a journal on Charms which is written by his mother.

He felt her explanations to be short and simple to understand. Maybe it is his view. Professor Flitwick told him about his mother a few times in his class. He can understand why the diminutive man is much interested in her. She is a natural in charms.

Her explanations told him that much. He continued his reading when he heard a knock on his door and 2 girls were outside trying to enter. He waved his wand and the door opened. In came 2 girls. He knew only one of them well. The other is one he had a small crush on but didn't talk.

"Hmm, hmm," Padma cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Hello, Harry. Is this compartment empty? Most of them are filled including Cho's friends," she said gesturing to the Asian girl behind her. Harry nodded in understanding.

"Yes, you can sit here, Padma. The compartment is empty except for me," his reply shocked Padma. As she had always seen with his 2 best friends, Ron and Hermione. But nodded her head and took the seat opposite to Harry and Cho sitting beside her.

"Oh Harry, this is Cho Chang. Cho is our fourth year Ravenclaw," she said in a calm tone. Harry nodded to Cho and brushed his lips on her knuckles as the pureblood etiquette dictated.

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Cho," he said with a dramatic bow. Padma raised an eyebrow at his behaviour and reaction.

"What's this sudden change, Potter. I don't remember you being all charming last year and where are your friends? You three are always inseparable as far as I remember. Are you really our Harry Potter or an imposter?" Padma asked suspiciously. Looking at him closely. Harry chuckled at that. She is intelligent.

"Maybe I'm an imposter. What are you going to do, Padma? Are you going to shout to the whole train or complain to the driver or Prefects that I'm an imposter? I thought you are an intelligent Claw. Maybe you should be with your sister in the Lion's den," he said with a straight face.

Padma's face was pink in embarrassment at her outburst and being outspoken. Cho is silently giggling at the spectacle. Then Padma observed the way he told about their houses.

"What is wrong with your house? Aren't you the house of Courage and Brave? Who claims to be the noble lions that save others?" she asked, sarcasm dripping from her tone.

"Well, they can't be helped to be hot-headed I guess. Anyway, intellects like us should always be careful with those who act foolish," he said flatly.

Padma didn't doubt his intelligence, but the way he said it was different. She wanted to ask him more about it, but he started to talk with Cho.

"So tell me, Ms Chang, how was Hogwarts treating you?" he asked, diverting the topic and attention from him to Cho. Cho was surprised at suddenly being addressed by Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived.

She always felt him to be cute, but without his glasses, his face was even more charming and attractive. She had a small attraction to him but didn't speak about it. She cleared her throat to speak.

"Well, I think it is good. I'm at the top of my class and is going to try for the Quidditch team this year as I'm a fan of the game. After seeing your performance last year when you caught the snitch and brought victory to Gryffindor, I thought that our house team need a good seeker as our current seeker graduated last year," she explained.

"Well, it is a good idea, but if you like Quidditch so much then why didn't join till now?"

"I thought our team was good and doesn't need any new players as all the players were present last year and the selected ones were just substitutes,"

"Well, in that case, I think you are going to get competition. You have my best wishes for your trials," he said mysteriously with a small smile on his face. This confused Cho, but she just shrugged it off as his nature as she didn't know anything about him more than seeing him in the Great Hall or in passing between classes.

Padma was not like her though. She didn't know more about him personally, but her sister Parvathi always talks about him in their house that includes his behaviour and his attitude towards others.

This Harry Potter was not the one which she can relate to her sister's version about him. He looks more attractive, yes, but more outgoing and charming. She could go on about the differences, but the gist is that the Harry Potter people knew changed.

Then she remembered the speech he gave last year at the year-end feast and her eyes widened. Now she understood what he said about doing things on his own and a warning which he sent to certain greasy Professor.

She kept her thoughts to herself, didn't ask for clarification or anything but watched Harry carefully. He is making small talk with Cho who is happy to talk with Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived. With occasional giggles and laughs, the Hogwarts express moved its destination.

After few hours

Midway through their journey, it started to rain and everyone wrote it off as just a change in weather. After some time the train stopped with a jerk. The lights were flickering. Soon they all felt a cold chill down their spines and chill in the air as the coldness spread across the windows and the feeling of death and despair oozed in the air. Harry read about this. He knew what is responsible for this. But against all hope, he prayed for it not to be what he thought.

Soon with another jerk, the door of the train opened and they all felt someone enter. Harry knew very well who did it and immediately took his wand and closed their cabin with all the shades down.

The people in the compartment felt the coldness increase as they saw a figure in front of their compartment move. Everyone's breath rate increased as the figure tried to open the door to Harry's cabin with its skeletal hands.

As the door didn't budge, it tried further, the door slowly cracked. Harry stood from his seat. The feeling of coldness increased and his magic flared to life, filling the room with warmth.

The sudden spark of warmth managed to bring others from their trance. Everyone felt relieved from the feeling and turned to see Harry at the door and someone banging their door.

Without any incantation or breaking, the door opened and the figure came in, its face was a horrible site that is going to scar them for life. There stood a tall hooded figure with rags as clothes, floating in the air with its bony fingers on the door of the cabin, looking directly at Harry.

"Expecto Patronum," Harry said clearly. A silvery Doe came to life and attacked the bony figure.

Harry made a gesture to others to be quiet and stared at the thrashing figure in silence. It screeched and thrashed around as the Doe rammed into it and soon it left out of the compartment screeching all the way out. Harry sighed in relief and others widened their eyes in awe and surprise.

"Sorry, you have to see that. That is a Dementor, a dark creature that is the guard of Azkaban. I think you have a clue as to why they are here and please eat some chocolate," he said out of breath and gave them a piece of Dairy Milk which he bought with him.

Though not close to the Dementor like Harry, they had enough experience by staying near, particularly Cho, as she is the nearest of all them and they ate the chocolate in comfortable silence all the while Harry was muttering about the incompetent minister and Ministry officials in general.

Cho's view of Harry Potter has changed after seeing him up and close and experiencing his power. It is warm like the sun in the winter for her. It is a nice feeling which she hoped to have more.

After the experience of Dementors and the Prefects checking every compartment for any unfortunate encounters with the dark creatures, the train moved and Harry bought the entire trolley of chocolates and supplied them to the whole train.

Remaining journey to Hogsmeade station went uneventful after the encounter with Dementors. Harry gave the two girls space to change to their robes and changed himself later. They moved into the Carriages, where he saw strange creatures.

Creatures which are like Horses but skeletal with bat-like wings with blackish-brown skin. He knew of them. They are Thestrals. A variety of creatures that live in Forbidden Forest and is seen as a bad omen in the wizarding world as their relation to death.

Only the person who had seen death can see them. Harry went in the same carriage as the other two of them which shocked quite a few faces when he is not seen with his friends. Malfoy tried to comment something, but Harry didn't care about him to listen and moved on.

As everyone reached the Castle, Harry excused himself and split himself from the group as they all went into the Great Hall and sat at their house table. Harry waited patiently for his name to be called.

"As all the students of the first year are done sorting, we have another person to be sorted by special request." came the voice of Dumbledore and with a nod to Professor McGonagall. She called him into Great Hall surprising many.

"Potter, Harry." She called sternly.

Harry went in with his robes turning plain from their Gryffindor colours as he applied a Disillusionment on them to look like they are in Gryffindor Colours. Shouts and gasps were heard as he entered the Hall. Most of the Gryffindor students were standing from their seats in outrage.

Harry calmly stood at the table waiting for McGonagall or Dumbledore to calm the students. She looked at him with resignment and disappointment as she still remembered the letter she received from him a month prior.

Flashback Begin

'To

Professor McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress,

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Professor, I write this letter in light of events that occurred last year when people believed me to be the supposed Heir of Slytherin. Though I came out of the event alive and well and the school awarded me for the Special Sevices, I still felt of conveying my request to you.

Professor, I request you, to be resorted. I no longer feel the Noble House of Lions be the House I belong to as they all left me all alone and it took the push from Professor Snape and the badgers and snakes to encourage me to bring back my lost courage.

I know that you may think it to be a one-time occurrence but what is stopping them to do the same to me again when the circumstances are not favourable? I know that you have a high view for the den of Lions as you are the head of the house, but Professor, even you can't change their behaviour in the common room or our classes or between classes. I can't afford to give them another chance only to be left to my problems again.

I read the students rights and limitations from the Hogwarts Charter and it clearly specified that if a student feels that they no longer possess the quality of the house which they were sorted or the house as a whole reject them, they have the right to ask for re-sorting to the Head of the House or the Headmaster and you or the Headmaster doesn't have any authority to reject the request as it is considered as the choice of the student and if that student still seamed to be fit in the same house or otherwise is to be decided by the sorting hat alone.

I know this may be seen as arrogance or me using my name and fame to pressure you and Headmaster into doing this Professor, but I'm not. Because if I did, you would be reading this in Daily Prophet, not in a letter addressed to you personally. I hope you can take appropriate action as an Honourable Head of House and Deputy Headmistress of Hogwarts.

Yours Truthfully,

Harry James Potter'

Flashback End

She still can't believe that her house of Lions left a cub alone and it took the 'push' as Harry said it from Badgers and Snakes to reinvigorate him is a sad thing for her and her position as the Head of House.

She had a long discussion with Dumbledore, the old Headmaster trying his best to make it not happen but in the end, the rules are clear. Unless the Sorting Hat thinks that the student still has the qualities or best fit for that House, they can't do anything to stop it. She sighed and kept the sorting hat on his head beginning his sorting.

'Ah, yes. Mr Potter or should I call Lord Slytherin?' Said the hat in Harry's mind. Harry chuckled at that.

'It is nice to speak to you again, Griff.'

'It seems you took my advice to heart. I am honoured and delighted to congratulate you for your acceptance as the Slytherin Lord. Hogwarts expresses her hearty welcome to you again to her castle.' said Griff in an honoured tone. As Harry can't see his face, he assumed it to be honoured anyway.

'You are welcome, Griff. Now tell me about sorting. What plans do you have on sorting me and which house are you leaning towards?'

'Shall I assume that you want to be sorted into Slytherin?'

'Oh Griff, how wrong you are. Yes, I took your word to heart and became Lord Slytherin. Though I would like to see the looks of shock on Dumbledore, Snape and other students faces, I don't want to associate myself with the tarnished name of Slytherin. Tell me does Dumbledore have any plans of sorting me into any particular House, this time around?' asked Harry curiously.

'Of course. The Headmaster has expressed his displeasure to me so many times after receiving your letter and expressed his desire for you to stay in Gryffindor. He doesn't want the saviour to be intelligent or fall to darkness as he puts, as he is sure you won't go to Hufflepuff for some reason.' said Griff in an annoyed tone.

'It seems the old fool doesn't want to stop his control of my life to cease. Well, no matter. It is going to change.' Thought Harry. He is the proud descendant of Salazar Slytherin and Heir to Noble and Ancient House of Potter. He won't allow anyone to control his life any further.

'Well, I don't have any reservations, Griff. I want you to sort me into any of the other 2 houses. As I don't want to go back to Gryffindor and don't want to be their and Dumbledore's Golden Boy and am done with their stupidity. Now, Griff, the decision is yours. What would it be, An Intelligent Raven or A Loyal Badger?'

'You have put me in a hard place, My Lord. Well, like last time you have all 4 house requirements in you. But this time the intellectual and cunning parts have come to the forefront.

"Then better be RAVENCLAW!" shouted Griff. The table of Blue and Bronze stood and clapped loudly.

McGonagall took the Sorting Hat from Harry's head and his robes changed to Blue and Bronze colours as he moved to the middle table and everyone congratulated him there.

Harry accepted everyone's congratulations with a smile and waited for Dumbledore to start his welcome speech. The old Headmaster stood up and moved in front of the lantern.

"Welcome!" said Dumbledore, the candlelight shimmering on his beard. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it is best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast," he said with a wide smile.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued, "As you all aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to some of the Dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business." Dumbledore paused to allow what he said to sink in.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds and while they are with us, I must implore that nobody are to leave school without permission.

Dementors can't be talked to and won't be fooled by tricks or disguises or even Invisibility Cloaks. They won't leave you once they find you happy," he added blandly, and Harry had a blank face at this, as he remembered how he was attacked by it in the Hogwarts express.

"It is not in the nature of a Dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I, therefore, warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I ask the prefects, and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the Dementors," he said strongly, making it clear.

Percy, who was sitting to the side of Gryffindor table, puffed out his chest again and stared around impressively as if scanning them. Dumbledore paused again; he looked very seriously around the hall, and nobody moved or made a sound. "On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our castle this year.

First, Professor Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher." He said with a smile. There was some scattered, rather unenthusiastic applause. Professor Lupin looked particularly shabby next to all the other teachers in their best robes.

Harry knew of the man from the diary of his mother. Remus Lupin is his father's friend and is one of the marauders, he was called Moony since he is a werewolf.

Harry gauged the reaction of his greasy friend and was overwhelmed by the amount of animosity he has for Lupin.

It was common knowledge that Snape wanted the Defense Against the Dark Arts job, Harry knew that expression all too well, it was the look Snape wore every time he set eyes on Harry, but not to this degree. He knew Snape won't sit quietly while Lupin enjoys the position he so wanted.

"As to our second new appointment," Dumbledore continued as the lukewarm applause for Professor Lupin died away. "Well, I am sorry to tell you that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than Rubeus Hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his game-keeping duties." Said Dumbledore and the applause was high as Hagrid was liked by most of the students.

"I hope you have a great year ahead. After you finish your meal, your Prefects will help the first year's to your House Common Room," finished Dumbledore and went and sat in his seat.

All the plates were filled with food and Harry started piling a healthy amount of meat and veggies as it's been part of a regular diet.

He also noticed a green piece to the side of his plate and knew it was the last bits of Soka as he ate most of it during his summer and knew Dobby kept it there.

After his meal, everyone followed their Prefect to the Ravenclaw Commonroom even though he knew where it is.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you have liked it. Tell me, what do you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

17