Quidditch Trials
569 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

You can read up to Ch 15 now on my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" is being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 9

Quidditch Trials

Harry woke up from his sleep after the busy week. 'Finally, it is time for Quidditch ' he thought happily. After preparing himself for the busy day, which he has doubt is going to be and after a heavy breakfast, as he is going to fly a lot today, he went to the quidditch stadium.

He walked to the Quidditch stadium in normal Ravenclaw robes as he is still not selected as a player of the team. The trials were made House wise. Yesterday it is for Gryffindor in the morning and he had heard that Ginny Weasley was selected as their new seeker and the rest of the team is unchanged. He didn't know that Ginny could fly a broom well.

Yesterday afternoon session was given to Slytherin. The team certainly had some additions. They got 2 new chasers as Pucey and the others were replaced by Montague and Warrington and the rest of the team didn't change with Flint and Malfoy being their captain and seeker respectively.

He knew the puffs have their session in the afternoon and rumour has it that they will also get a few new players.

Now is his House's time. They need a chaser, captain and seeker. According to his friends and the information floating around in the common room, Cho Chang, Roger Davies and Harry himself were trying for the position of the seeker. The rest of the team are Jeremy Stretton, Randolph Burrow are Chasers. Duncan Inglebee, Jason Samuels Beaters. Grant Page is the Keeper.

There is a spot for a Chaser and Seeker. And 3 people are competing to be Seeker and the Captain spot is still empty.

'Maybe after selections, Professor Flitwick will select a new one,' thought Harry ideally. He looked at Cho Chang who was beside him. She looks adorable in his eyes.

'After these selections, I'm going to ask her out,' thought Harry and his face was filled with determination to get his Seeker position back.

Professor Flitwick walked into the stadium with a clipboard in hand.

"Welcome to Ravenclaw Quidditch selections, players. First, please respond to your name and your applied position and say yes or no," he said and called out.

"Cho Chang applied for Seeker or Chaser,"

"Yes, Sir,"

"Harry Potter applied for Seeker,"

"Yes, Sir."

"Roger Davies applied for Seeker,"

"Yes, Sir."

"Good, now as all of you have applied for the Seeker position, does anyone want to change their mind?" he asked, testing their resolve.

There are loads of Ravenclaw students gathered around the selection area listening to the conversation intently. Cho raised her hand.

"Professor, I would like to withdraw for Seeker and apply for Chaser," she said nervously as this is her first time playing for the House team.

"Can you tell me the reason, Ms Chang?"

"I think with players like Harry, who had experience in playing as a Seeker and experience of Roger Davies who has played last year as a Chaser, I think I can not compete with them," she said honestly and Professor Flitwick noted it.

"Very well, step aside. I'll begin your trial immediately. If you have done satisfactorily, then you will make it into the team. If not, we can make you a replacement or substitute," he said thoughtfully. She nodded at that.

They began her trial and she did excellently. Her balance with her broom is perfect and all her dives, ducks and blocks were good as she went against the chasers of the team.

She was selected as a Chaser and was kept as a reserve Seeker if something was to happen to the Seeker. Then began Harry's and Davies's trial. The whole crowd cheered when they heard his name. Harry Potter is a celebrity in Quidditch after all.

"Ok boys. I want you to do laps around the stadium and as many as possible in 10 minutes. Ready, set, go," a whistle rang and Harry and Roger flew past most of the crowd into the air on their brooms.

Because of his experience as a seeker and his experience in going high speeds in his flight exercise, Harry has good experience flying as he always felt at home in the air.

He did 10 rounds in 7 minutes at speeds people can't catch up and did another 5 rounds in the last 3 minutes. Roger on the other hand did only 9 rounds total and he is panting for air because of all the force that rammed into him moving at those speeds. Flitwick ticked something on his clipboard.

"Now, I want you to chase around and dodge the bludgers and after that snitch will be released. Those who catch the Snitch 3 times will be selected and the other will be kept as a reserve seeker," explained Flitwick. Both of them nodded, bludgers were released and repeatedly sent their way by the beaters.

Harry dodged them with expert ease and one hit an unlucky Davies who was doing loops in the air celebrating his successful dodging the other bludger.

After that, Snitch was released and both of them zoomed in to catch the fast-moving snitch. It went past them high into the air.

His experience as a Seeker helped Harry as he followed after the snitch and tried to catch it.

After a few misses, Harry caught the snitch for the first time and with a whistle, it was released again and Harry caught it again. Again it was released and this time, Davies caught it. He has a smug look on his face when he caught the snitch.

Harry was determined to teach Davies a lesson and dragged the competition. He wantedly made the snitch go near Davies, but at the last moment, chased it away.

This game of cat and mouse went on for an hour. Davies was growing impatient by the time it was taking to catch the bloody snitch. The crowd grew in number as time passed.

They started to cheer the contestant they liked and most cheers were to Harry. Harry would dive occasionally and give them handshakes and waves while an exhausted Davies is barely maintaining his broom in the air. He didn't think being a Seeker was this difficult.

He thought it was going to be an easy one and would get more fans among the students. The number of times he just missed the snitch can't be counted. He missed the bludgers at arm's length nearly 20 times, while Potter didn't even come close to one.

As for the snitch, he wouldn't like to talk about the damn thing. It would be chased near him and when he dives to catch it, Potter would fly past him, chasing it out of reach. He saw the crowd build-up and frustration started to build up.

Potter's name is being shouted by the majority of them. He is done with it. He is going to teach the brat a lesson. He dove in the way of a bludger and it followed him. He moved to Harry's location and moved out of the way of the bludger making a sudden tangent. It is just 20 feet away from the flying Potter. He is sure the Potter boy can't escape it at that distance.

Davies saw in satisfaction as the bludger closed in on Potter and just as it was about to hit him, Potter made a move of his head just enough for the bludger to fly past his neck. Harry turned to him with a dark smile on his face which sent shivers down the 6th year's spine.

Harry started to move in his direction and fast. He was upon Davies in mere seconds, and with an outstretched hand, he zoomed past him and caught the flying snitch which was just behind his head. Davies felt his heart sink.

This is the 3rd time Harry caught the snitch. He failed the trial. The energy left his body and he slowly landed on the ground and stormed off to his room. There was a loud cheer as Harry caught the Snitch. He landed near Professor Flitwick and gave the golden snitch to the diminutive man.

"Well done, Mr Potter. You have officially become the Seeker of Ravenclaw Quidditch team," he said cheerfully. The crowd roared in joy for their new seeker.

"I hope you will bring victory to us which you took away from the team last year," said Flitwick smiling at Harry. Harry rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. He still remembered the moment when he caught the snitch and brought victory to the Gryffindor team by just 10 points. If not for that, Ravenclaw would have won the match.

"Of course, Professor. I promise to do my best," he promised and the man nodded.

"Now, team, let's decide on the Captain. Anyone willing to take the lead or nominate?" asked Flitwick to the assembled Quidditch team. None seemed interested in taking the mantle.

Harry sighed to himself. He wants to take it if anyone wouldn't, but he is new to the team and house. So he didn't make any move. Cho raised her hand.

"Professor, I have a nomination,"

"Are you nominating yourself, Ms Chang?"

"No sir, I would like to nominate Harry Potter, Sir," she said, surprising Harry and the Professor.

"Any particular reason for that, Ms Chang?" he asked curiously. He knew Quidditch is like a second home to Harry. His skills in the game are top-notch. He is waiting for anyone to step forward or he would have made the same recommendation.

"Well, he is a great seeker and the youngest and he is a great player and is rumoured to be the Vice-Captain of Gryffindor team. I'm fairly confident in his skills as a capable player and his leadership qualities as we all have witnessed them last year and the year prior. I would like to have him as a captain and I'm fairly sure that the majority of the players would agree with me," explained Cho.

"Well, what do you all think?" he asked the team.

"We agree, Professor," they all chorused at once.

"What do you all think? Do you all agree Harry Potter be the Captain of Ravenclaw Quidditch team?" he asked the gathered crowd.

"Yes, Sir, Harry, Harry, Harry!" cheered the crowd.

"Well, Ms Chang, it appears that you are correct," said Flitwick and turned to Harry.

"Mr Potter, you are hereby elected and appointed as the Captain for Ravenclaw Quidditch team. Do you accept the position?" he asked and Harry answered with a smile.

"Yes, Sir. I accept my new position as the Captain for Ravenclaw Quidditch team and promise to do my best," Harry answered and Flitwick nodded in satisfaction.

"Well, captain. The team is yours now. You are all dismissed and the team can practise from the next weekend," he said and Harry and others nodded.

"Here is the official Ravenclaw Quidditch team," he said and Harry took the piece of parchment from the man and read it.

Ravenclaw Quidditch Team

Year 1993-1994

Chasers

Jeremy Stretton, Randolph Burrow and Cho Chang

Beaters

Duncan Inglebee, Jason Samuels

Keeper

Grant Page

Seeker

Harry Potter (Captain)

Harry smiled at his title. He is the captain of the team now. He is going to make this team unbeatable.

"Thank you, Professor,"

"You are welcome, Mr Potter."

"Now, all of you, it is time for dinner. Move to the Great Hall at once. You and your team as well, Captain," said Flitwick with a teasing smile.

"Of course, sir. Guys, let's move to the Great Hall. But before that," he paused, getting the attention of his teammates.

"To Ravenclaw!" he cheered with his hand up in a victory sign.

"To Ravenclaw!" they all cheered and moved to eat their dinners.

Harry remembered the last piece of the team.

Substitute/ Not required

Roger Davies

Harry talked excitedly with Padma and Terry after his selection into the Quidditch team excitedly and after eating together, they separated into their rooms.

With the satisfaction of achieving his first goal of becoming Ravenclaw Quidditch team member, Harry served himself a large meal and went to sleep in satisfaction.

Scene Break

The next week after his Quidditch selection had passed uneventfully, except for his popularity skyrocketing as he became the Seeker and Captain for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team.

Harry also got access to the Prefects bathroom, which is a special bathroom on the fifth floor of Hogwarts restricted to use by school Prefects, Head Boys, Head Girls and Quidditch captains allowed access with a correct password.

Hogwarts rumour mill worked to its peak to spread the rumours about his acceptance and his role as the new Captain of the team.

Harry took everything in stride. He answered every question that is asked by any student as a rumour of him cheating his way into the team was also spread and he knew the root of it. Roger Davies. Poor Davies couldn't hold his jealousy and started spreading rumours about him.

Harry didn't give a damn about that though. He is in worse situations than this and the students of Hogwarts didn't believe them anyway. As they saw first-hand his skills as a seeker, they wrote it just like them, rumours.

Harry was now ecstatic. Today is the first Hogsmead weekend and the first one at that. He is preparing to ask Cho out on a date today. After the selections had ended, they talked a bit here and there and the topic of Hogsmead weekend came up a few times.

Harry told her about someone he is going to ask out on a date. Cho said that the girl will be lucky to go out with him, but she had a faraway look in her eyes that Harry observed.

Harry deduced that she was also interested in him a bit. So he planned to surprise her. When he ran the plan through Padma and Terry, they agreed to it and said that it would be a good surprise and go for it.

Padma went a step ahead and prepared the list of places that were good in Hogsmead for couples.

He readied himself in his best of the dress. Harry is wearing a blue shirt with red endings and with a green hoodie on top of it with black pants. He also had his wand holster on his right hand. His original wand was invisible but he always carries it around.

No one noticed him in his new attire and as per plan, Padma called Cho and both walked up to an empty carriage.

As Harry walked towards the carriage, he saw the weird creatures which were pulling it. They are Thestrals, a species of winged horses which he read about in the magical creatures. They are beautiful in their own right. Harry was mesmerised by them.

He moved towards them and slowly touched them. They bit his finger and drew blood, and after licking some of it, they moved closer to Harry, he rubbed them under their chin like a dog or cat, he didn't think it would work, but when one of them came closer and started to lean, he continued rubbing.

He touched all of its skeleton-like body and wings. The wings are bat-like and he liked the feel of them. After some time with the thestrals, he moved in. Padma was patiently waiting for him, keeping Cho's attention for the time being while talking about some things. He knocked and entered.

Cho is wearing a blue shirt with a pink undershirt and a black skirt. She looked beautiful and when Harry entered the carriage, she was surprised.

"Hey, can I join in if you don't mind?" he asked, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. Before Cho could answer, Padma answered.

"Of course, Harry. You can," she said, gesturing to the seat opposite to both of them. Harry sat opposite Cho as she sat to the side and Padma was beside the door.

"Thanks," he said and joined them.

"So, are you going out with someone or solo?" asked Padma, starting the conversation. Though Cho didn't appear interested, she is also listening curiously as he already told her about going on a date.

"Yes, actually. What do you say, Padma, will you come with me?" he asked and Padma closed her eyes and put a hand under her chin as if thinking about it.

Meanwhile, Cho closed her eyes and her hands clasped together as if praying. Harry and Padma, who opened her eyes to see Cho's reaction, saw it and smiled at each other.

"Hmmm, nice proposal, Harry. But no. I think my sister will do best for it," she said, giving a dramatic pause.

"I'll go and bring her," she left the carriage. Cho did only hear the first part and didn't hear the last part. Her shoulders slumped down in defeat.

"Well, Cho. Do you have someone waiting for a date today?" he asked, trying to talk to her. She gave him a small smile but had a small tint of sadness in it and Harry took note of it.

"Well, no. I don't have anyone, Harry," she replied cooly.

"Then," he paused, when the carriage door locked shut with a wave of his hand, he stood up from his seat.

"Will you go on a date with me?" he asked, kneeling in front of her on one knee, his right hand forward. Cho's eyes widened. Is she seeing things? Did Harry Potter just ask her out? Her eyes widened.

"Yes," she said in joy gave him her hand, he kissed it and stood up and opened his arms. She came closer and they both hugged and Cho gave him a small kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you for accepting, Cho," Harry said with a smile.

"No, Harry. I want to ask you, but you told me you are taking a girl out, so I backed off. But I didn't expect that to be me," she said in joy.

"Well, we have a date to enjoy," he said and she nodded as the carriage started moving. As they reached Hogsmead, Harry gave her his hand and she encircled it around him and they walked out of the carriage hands intertwined.

To avoid public attention, Harry covered them in his invisibility cloak, which he brought and explained to Cho. They separated themselves from others and walked to the side. Harry held her hand and they started walking through the village at a sedate pace.

"We see all the shops and then select one, for a date. What do you think?" Harry asked and she thought about it a bit.

"If you want, I can take you to some places which I have visited," she said and he nodded and they walked through the small village.

Harry found out quite a lot about the village and its residents. He is just looking at the village and getting acquainted himself. He wanted to know about the village in case he needed to meet someone here. As he already has an appointment with Mafalda some time.

Harry stopped his train of thought there. He is not here on a mission to collect information or something. He is here just to enjoy his date with the girl who he had a crush on. So he turned his attention outwards and nodded to what she said about Honeydukes and other shops.

And at last, she came to the Shrieking Shack, an infamous and the most frightening building in Britain. The villagers thought it was haunted because of all the screams. But Harry knew it was actually the werewolf Lupin making the scary noises when he transforms.

Cho explained its history as the most haunted house in Britain. He just nodded to her statement not commenting anything about it.

After her impromptu tour around the village, Harry asked her to go to a small cliff overseeing the village. They enjoyed themselves in some stores. Harry tasted different chocolates in Honeydukes. Cho would bring them after, after applying notice me not, they would eat, not attracting any attention. Cho didn't ask about it but enjoyed herself with him.

They went to Three Broomsticks and had some cookies and drank some butterbeer. They had their lunch there and moved to different shops trying different chocolates, cookies, drinks and played so many games.

Harry also bought Cho a blue necklace that would match her dress and it had a CC on it signifying her name in blue crystals surrounded by pink petals of a rose. She loved it a lot and hugged Harry after that.

Harry felt awkward a bit, but he observed the difference between Mafalda's hug and Cho's immediately. He stopped there, not daring to think more.

They enjoyed the rest of the day talking about things together on a hillside peak overseeing the village. At the time of sunset, they sat on the hill just enjoying the company of each other, Cho leaning on Harry's shoulder and their hands intertwined.

As Harry knew they should be back at Castle before sunset as the Dementors will be guarding Hogsmead, in search of the 'fugitive and sillier killer' Sirius Black.

"Isn't it beautiful?" asked Cho with a smile on her face.

"Yes, it is. Like the sunset, you are also beautiful." He paused, mulling over what he was about to ask.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked with a tint of nervousness in it. She just nodded.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asked her out of the blue, her head snapped towards him. He just smiled brightly. She sat there, shocked.

"Can't decide?"

"No, that's not it. I was just thinking what will people think when Harry Potter, The Boy-Who-Lived, has a girlfriend?" she said with a teasing smile.

"Oh, is that it?" he leaned in and kissed her on the lips. She was so stunned that she just stared at him with her eyes wide in surprise and shock.

"Well, I already kissed. I don't think they don't mind now," he said with the same teasing glint in his eyes. Cho's cheeks reddened not only because of his teasing but also because of the kiss.

"You know, you should ask someone's permission before kissing them!" she murmured to herself, not able to fully recover from the shock.

"You just want one more? Ok. Can I kiss you?" he asked and leaned in and kissed and this time, she prepared herself. She joined in the kiss instead of just staying like a rock like the last time, she fired back.

They kissed for a minute and because of lack of air, separated, taking air in large gulps.

"That is the best kiss I ever had," said Harry, breathing heavily.

"Thanks. Speaking of which, how many did you have?" asked Cho, her eyebrows raising.

"Well, with this one it is 2," he answered with a smile. Cho smiled in reply.

"Me too," she replied. Harry raised his eyebrow in question.

"Are you telling me you didn't have anyone to date last year?" he asked, his brows furrowed in thought.

"No, generally boys will date girls in the same house. In our house which is full of bookworms, I didn't find anyone interesting. Until I saw you. You have everything I have wanted. Strong, charming, handsome and intelligent. When we met on the train, I thought of asking you. But since Padma was there, I didn't.

The moment you saved me from the Dementor, I have decided to ask you at the earliest. We took our trials and you talked about taking a girl on a date for the Hogsmead weekend. I was disappointed. But didn't expect that to be me," she said with a smile.

"Ya, I know right. I had a crush on you. I have made some decisions last year after I killed the Basilisk, as I found the value of my life and not missing a girl I like is one of them. When you came to sit with me with Padma, it surprised me. I had planned on asking you out. I want it to be a surprise.

So I have planned it with Padma and Terry and here we are. What do you say about being my girlfriend? I'm telling you now, I may have multiple girls after me because of all my popularity and fame. I don't want you to get jealous and I want this to be a secret. I'll say when to make it public, then we can announce it to all. What do you say?" asked Harry, turning serious?

Cho didn't understand who is older in the pair, she or Harry. But knew better to not agree. She knew about the fame of Harry Potter and knew that so many girls in her class were interested in him.

"I'll agree on one condition," she said and got Harry's full attention.

"If the situation comes in which you need to go with another girl, you should at least inform me first. It is not like permission or anything. But just to know so that I can prepare myself. If you agree, we can go ahead with all this 'secret girlfriend' thing," she said in a low time as if talking about a conspiracy. He smiled at her, hugged her closely and kissed her on the forehead.

"Of course, dear," he said and at the perfect time of sunset, they kissed making it unofficially official of their new relationship. Cho also smiled and gave into the kiss.

After kissing and staying in each other's comfort for a while, Harry and Cho returned to the Castle for dinner which was a quiet affair as most of the students were immersed in their own worlds of Hogsmead weekend.

They slipped by unnoticed. Harry decided to find an empty classroom to make it their meeting spot. They moved across the empty classrooms on the fourth floor, a floor below the Ravenclaw Tower entrance and searched for an empty classroom that would fit their tastes.

"Hmm, what about this?" Harry asked, pointing to a classroom that is beside the steps. The classroom is a typical room with large benches and an area for demonstration.

"No, we need a room which is like quarters as well, Harry. You know, if need be, we can rest there and go to the common room next day," she suggested. Harry thought and nodded.

Harry searched through the link he had with Hogwarts for a large room. He found a room to the left corner which is out of the way and cannot be noticed at first glance.

"Come on," he said and walked to the room. The room is like a large classroom but without benches. It has nice couches to sit upon and a lounge area. They walked in to look the room closer and saw that there was a door inside and walked in.

The room they stumbled into is a big living quarter which is 2 times the area of the classroom. It has nice furnishing which is catching dust but is in good condition with a big window to the side which directly gives a peek into the mountains and Black lake with the Hogsmead overview from the Castle.

They fell in love with the room. Harry and Cho used a cleaning charm to clean the room and after cleaning, it looked even more beautiful. It has a red carpet beneath with golden designs across it and intricate designs across the room which Harry and Cho identified as runes.

They are intricate and mostly created to hide the room by the use of the abundantly available magic from the castle. They saw the room had a big king size bed with a comfortable mattress and pillows.

The bedroom also had a bathroom, a study desk with a large table and lamp and a dressing mirror. It is large enough for a couple to live happily with just the available furniture and all the things in the room. It had occupied the full corner of the tower it was built into.

Instead of searching further, they just sat on the couch and enjoyed the night view of the lake and mountains with the moon in the sky.

After some time, they got up to move to their house dorms to not raise suspicion. Harry found that this room had a passageway directly into the Ravenclaw common room from the Marauders map and they went through it and heard the eagle open even though they didn't answer any riddle. Cho was exhausted to notice.

They entered a near vacant common room and said goodbyes and left for their dorms, promising to keep their relationship a secret.

Scene Break

The next week had passed, Cho and Harry met in their secret room and continued to spend time together. Harry shared some of his secrets with Cho like his love for Quidditch and the Marauders map.

Cho also started sharing some of her secrets of her family and her friends, and other likes etc.

Harry had got an Owl from Ted saying that there would be a hearing of his case in the ICW this weekend. Harry was told to meet Ted at his home tomorrow.

Harry good Cho about this and after one last kiss for good luck, went to Flitwick's office to ask for permission to leave the school premises.

"Come in," came a muffled voice.

"Good evening, Professor," said Harry in a soft tone and Flitwick replied in a warm tone.

"Good evening, Harry, what can I do for you this nice evening?"

"I came here to ask your permission, Professor," Harry replied calmly.

"Oh, what for, Harry, do tell," he said, raising his eyebrow.

"I have a hearing in ICW tomorrow about the suit I filed against the companies which used my name in their publications without my permission, sir. As I am a student, the ICW has a trial tomorrow, which is a weekend, so that I won't miss any classes," said Harry in a neutral tone.

"Yes, I see your point. Tell me, who will be accompanying you, as your head of House, I should always keep your safety in mind," though ironically, McGonagall never took that responsibility seriously.

This again added more credit to his decision of changing house as in Gryffindor, he would be questioned more than necessary and there is no guarantee he will be given permission either.

"Mr Edward Tonks, my lawyer will be accompanying me for the trial, Professor,"

"I have heard of him. Well, I don't have any objections, Harry. You can go," said Flitwick, stamping a paper that had all the details of Harry's departure.

"You can use our Kitchens to use the Floo network if you want," advised Flitwick.

"Thank you, Professor," Harry said and left the room and Flitwick chuckled in nostalgia.

'He is same as Lily in his behaviour as well,' thought Flitwick and went back to his work.

Harry walked out of Flitwick's office and with his permission in hand, he had breakfast after talking to Terry and Padma more, went to his room to sleep.

Next Day

After having a good breakfast, Harry readied himself to go to London. As he doesn't know where the floo network in the kitchens is and is not interested in using them anyway as he had a better way.

He went into his mindscape and touched the green jewel that connects him to Mira. When he was in an empty corridor. She immediately appeared in front of him in his mind.

"Harry. How are you doing?" Asked Mira cheerfully.

"Well. Are you busy?" He asked and she gave him a wide smile.

"Nope. Bored of trying to find what to do," she said in a sweet tone.

"Can you come here an-" Harry was interrupted as in a bright flash, Mira was in front of him.

"Why don't you let me finish my sentence?" He asked in a vain attempt to chastise her.

"Spit it out. What do you want to do?" She asked in excitement.

"I want to go to London and thought of going together,"

"Do you mean a Race?" She asked, her excitement breaking all limitations.

"A Race? Hmm, why not. I'm going to beat that scaly smile off your face," challenged Harry.

"We'll see," said Mira and turned them both invisible and they made their way to grounds outside Hogwarts.

Harry was practising Flying in his free time and using Time-Turner in the Chamber in addition to his studies and Occlumency and Legilimency training.

His Occlumency is in its final stages and he is just starting the theory of Legilimency and he decided to defend himself first before attacking.

His efforts were paying off and in a few days, he'll master Occlumency and start practising Legilimency as well. With this race, Mira is going to decide Harry's worthiness to teach her next skill.

As they made their final preparations which are stretches for Harry and bending in weird angels for Mira, Mira turned to Harry.

"Are you ready, Harry?" She asked with a grin.

"Yes,"

"Then let's begin when that leaf touches the ground," said Mira in a happy tone and as soon as the leaf touched the ground, they started their race.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you have liked it. Tell me, what do you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

17