Settlement
522 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the next chapter of Broken Shackles. You can read up to Ch 15 now by joining my Patron page.

Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see the same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy a good coffee by tipping me on my Ko-fi page for all the work I put into writing my fics.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on the Ko-fi website to buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" is being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 10

Settlement

As they started their race, Mira made them invisible after their start and Harry and Mira flew above clouds without disturbing their surroundings.

But due to their bond as Master and Familiar, Harry has a tingle in the back of his mind which told him where she is ans vice versa for Mira.

They rocketed towards London, without anything in their way, they zipped past so many beautiful mountains and lakes and a large mass of land.

"So you have achieved your Patronus at last!" Said Mira in joy as she saw how hard Harry worked for it.

"Yup, you don't want to see it?" Asked Naruto as he pulled his wand out. Mira nodded for him to show and he did.

"Expecto Patronum," he said and a white Doe came out, running around them in circles.

"Wow. The joy and warmth it gives are amazing. Why Doe though?"

"My mother's Patronus is a Doe."

"So it signifies her love for you and her protection as that white beard calls it, right?" Asked Mira, smiling.

"Ya somewhat like that. But I was overjoyed when I first saw it when you left after one of our flying sessions," said Harry with a wide smile. It's been an hour flying and Harry moved to her back instead of flying.

As much as he likes flying, it was entirely different sitting on Mira's back rather than flying himself. It always reminds him of how he felt when he was on a broom. Mira increased her speed as Harry is no longer flying along with her.

She is also a free-spirited Serpent and likes flying a lot. That's one of the main reasons why she taught Harry how to fly without a broom before anything else.

"So, how was the school? Did you meet your friends?" Asked Mira curiously.

"Glad you asked. I made 2 new friends and when my old friends confronted me, I-" he started explaining how he dealt with Hermoine and Ron.

Mira listened attentively as flying is involuntary for her as she had lots of flying experiences around the Americas.

"You know the best part is, the grease ball I always talk about is under my control," said Harry proudly. How much he tried to act mature and cold, he is just a teenager and is in the process of learning how to deal with the world at large.

It's just a matter of time for Harry to get a good grip on how to deal with people and use the situations around him in his favour.

"Is it? How did you do it?" Asked Mira, her intelligent eyes sparkling with interest.

Harry started narrating how he used a curse he found in the Chamber to control every word the Potions master says.

"Isn't it gonna wear off as you are far away?"

"Nope. No matter the distance, the curse will work. I had to bite my tongue to stop from laughing when he tried to take points from my house," said Harry happily. Mira smiled.

When she first met him, she saw the boy who was courageous but always doubting himself and a boy who didn't have anyone on his side when he fought the Basilisk.

Which, she wouldn't dare dream of. She always felt sad that Harry didn't have anyone to look after him. But after that black wretched thing was removed, he changed.

Changed for the better. His magic, his mind and his attitude took a drastic change. She saw the traits she always liked in him.

A strong mind and intelligence, though there is a fair bit of cunning and ambitiousness to him, maybe because of becoming the Slytherin Lord she supposed, but he changed and she liked the change.

He started showing signs of reaching his full potential and she had vowed to be on his side in every path he took when she became his familiar and she stands true to that word.

As they talked, time passed quickly and they could soon see a large city. It took them 3 hours to reach there and Mira turned them invisible as they reached London to avoid detection and made their way to Ted's home, enjoying the beauty of London happily.

"Do you want me to come?" Asked Mira.

"Why not? You are smart and can help to suggest good measures," said Harry, though invisible, Mira can see his grin as they are visible to each other.

"Well, in that case, I'm going to be around your left arm. Though I don't sense any danger, be careful, Harry," said Mira, as she landed in front of a muggle villa and Harry cast a Notice me not to right his dress and hair as they went into disarray because of the speed they came here.

He silently went to the entrance door and knocked on it. An unexpected person welcomed Harry in.

"Hey, watc-" started a certain pink-haired which Harry knew well, but stopped after seeing Harry.

"You! What are you doing here?" She asked, pointing an accusing finger.

"Dora, who is it?" Asked Andromeda as she walked in to see a funny sight. Her daughter accusing Harry of something.

"Oh, Harry. I just thought of coming to Hogwarts to checkup," said Andromeda and 'Dora' turned to her in shock.

"Are you telling me he is your client?" She asked incredulously.

"Ms Tonks, will you please allow me in?" Asked Mira, mimicking Harry's voice. Harry turned to her invisible spot with a betrayed look. She opened the door wide to welcome him in and Harry walked in silently.

"Everything is prepared, Harry. Why don't you make yourself home here in the meantime?" Andromeda asked and walked him into the same office he last saw.

"This was good, Harry. I didn't think you're enjoying yourself with all these people," said Mira. Harry can imagine the pout on his lips clearly.

'Doing this is fun. But we'll find whether it is worth it or not today,' said Harry through their mental connection.

"Thanks, Andromeda. How are you doing and you as well, pinky?" Asked Harry as he saw Tonks walk in with her mother. Harry heard something fall but didn't give it much attention.

"What did you call me?" She asked in an angry tone, her hair changing colours. Harry was amazed by this. He didn't see anyone change their hair colours this fastly.

At most, he saw someone change 2 colours, but cycling through colours like how Tonks is doing is a first for him.

"Harry, look at her. She could be your best example for shape-shifting training. Though I can't use it like that myself, I think you can use it," said Mira in an uncertain tone.

Her shapeshifting abilities goes only as far as sizing and resizing herself into different sizes. Not like how the girl in front of her is showing.

"Wow, Tonks, your hair is amazing," said Harry as he moved in to see her colour cycle closely.

It was red, brown, green, purple and when he spoke, it changed to her signature pink but a shade darker and it returned to its pale pink again.

"Hn. I'm Metamorphagus, after all," said Tonks in a smug tone.

"Oh, Dora. It's good to see you making a new friend," said Ted, walking into the office.

"Friend? This short st-" 'Dora' was cut off as she observed Harry's height difference from the last time she saw.

"Hey, that's cheating. How did you grow this much from the last time I saw you?" She called in outrage. Harry was 5'3, just a few inches shorter than Tonks.

"That's called growth, pinky. I don't think you know about it," said Harry in a condescending tone. Tonks got angry again and her hair cycled through various colours.

Harry observed the cycle in much more interest with his magic, he was trying to get a good feel of what was happening, but he couldn't.

"Don't worry that you're not getting a grasp of her magic, Harry. As you saw, it's just a matter of practice. If you couldn't get it on your own, you can ask her next time you meet.

Didn't you tell me you will be working with Ted for some time now?" Mira asked and Harry relaxed a bit. He is trying his best to get a grasp on how she is doing it, but he couldn't.

He gave in as Mira suggested, he can always ask her. Although she acts like she has no clue, Harry understood her nature and intelligence.

If not, how could she be an Auror working under a Senior Auror like Mad 'Eye' Moody? When he saw Moody, Harry researched the crazed man.

What he found surprised him a bit. Moody was a Senior Auror and the best known Dark Wizard catcher. And is known to send so many dark wizards to Azkaban.

"Shall we move, Harry? We have our hearing in 1 hour," said Ted and with a nod and goodbyes, they both left the Tonks residence.

Tonks extended his hand to Harry, which confused him. "I'm going to apparate us." He said. Harry saw him questioningly. He answered the unasked question.

"I think I'll be leaving, Harry. I don't want to stay anymoreAll the best for today's events." Said Mira out of blue and before Harry could respond, she vanished in a rush

'What happened to her?' Thought a confused Harry and heard Ted answer and listened to him.

"It is a means of Magical transport that will take us to our destination. Hold my hand tight," said Ted and Harry did as told. The next thing he felt was his arms twist away from him and tightened his grip

The next thing he knew everything went black, he was pressed very hard from all directions, he could not breathe, iron bands were tightening around his chest; his eyeballs were being forced back into his head; his ear-drums were being pushed deeper into his skull.

The sensation went off as soon as it came and Harry felt being forced through a very tight rubber tube and it was gone. His foot touched the hard ground, only his honed reflexes being Seeker made his legs fall straight not bending an inch.

"Are you alright, Harry?" Asked Ted. He felt nauseous but controlled himself. After a minute of adjusting, he felt ok and nodded to Ted.

"Let's move then." Said Ted and they went to Level 2 to go to the Wizengamot Courtrooms. They were greeted by a clerk at the entrance of all who redirected them to their courtroom.

"It seems we have our hearing in Courtroom-7," said Ted, gesturing to a large number 7 at the entrance of the room. They were escorted to a waiting area as the session had not started.

"So how do we do this, ?" Asked Harry. This was the first time he came to court for a hearing and he was a bit nervous.

"Calm down, Harry. We need to prove you are the actual Harry Potter and the rest is the company's job.

To prove yourself, you need an Heir Ring or Lord Ring or Gringotts vault information by a Goblin and of course, there is a blood test.

If you have Heir or Lord Ring, any above confirmation is not necessary, but the ring will be tested to see if it is authentic or not," explained Ted.

"Ok, then about the terms and conditions? How do we get them as we wanted?" As a curious teenager, he can't help but wonder how all this works and probably learn one day.

"That's easier. Once the company is proven guilty, you can penalise them to a margin or in full the amount they earned. But I suggest you marginalise the penalty, because -"

"Then instead of money, I can ask for shares and gain control over the company and dictate what to do," completed Harry with a wide smile.

"Aha. Well, that's it," concluded Ted and further explained how the session take place. Soon they were called in. Harry entered a large room with spacious chairs and lavish furniture.

The room was square with equal height benches along the walls. It was made of black stone and lit by torches. The room held at least 150 people, including 100 at the far wall which had the rising benches as if to fit more people.

There was also a large bench to the opposite side of Harry which was very large but can only fit 20 or 30 people. Harry saw a familiar person sitting in the middle chair of them.

At least two doors led to the room, one opposite the high benches which led to somewhere, while the one they came from gave entrance to anyone who wishes to enter.

Harry saw what was meant to be a 'visitors' area full of people and he could see them pushing each other to get a good view.

He also heard some gasps when he entered the room and gave the room a once over. Though he didn't know any of them, he knew they all knew him and went with it, smiling and waving at them as he moved.

If public opinion matters in this, why not charm them beforehand and turn them to his side? After all, he is the boy-who-lived and it seems everyone wants his time.

They moved to the middle of the room where there were 2 large benches and 2 seats in their case and 3 seats with the bench on their right were arranged.

Harry and Ted took the seats on the left beach while 2 men and a woman took seats on the bench to their right.

Harry observed how they seemed to be a mixture of wizard robes and muggle clothing while he and Ted were fully in muggle attire.

As the clock struck 10:30, Dumbledore banged his gavel to call for order and once the noise subsided, he spoke.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Today we are here for a hearing between Harry Potter and The Boy-Who-Lived publications," he said, banging the gavel.

"I, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, swear in my capacity as the Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards to act unbiased and just while the case is in session." Said Dumbledore and started the session.

"Let the session begin," he said in a booming tone with a loud bang and Harry remembered what Ted said about it.

"See Harry, this courtroom is reserved for international sessions only and has a larger visitors area than any other courtroom here.

Dumbledore will be acting in his official capacity as the Supreme Mugwump and will not influence your decision. As he is the representative and leader of the ICW now.

All you have to do is confess what you know and prove you are Heir to the Ancient and Noble House of Potter. We can ask for a blood verification if you don't have an Heir Ring," he further added. Harry assured the older man as they entered.

"Charges are for unauthorized use and defamation by Harry James Potter on The Boy-Who-Lived publications." Read Dumbledore for everyone to hear. Both sides nodded, acknowledging the case to be as stated.

"You can proceed," said Dumbledore and the solicitor of publications stood up to speak.

"Thank you, Supreme Mugwump. I would like to state the facts of the case. Harry Potter, is falsely accusing my clients, Michael Smith and Cristy Cartel of these charges.

If I may add, we have done everything from the information we got from our reliable sources and witnesses." Concluded their solicitor, Mr Rouble and sat in his seat.

"Permission to speak," asked Ted and Dumbledore approved.

"Harry James Potter can testify that he has not gone on any such 'adventures' and was with his muggle relatives and had not given any permission either in person or oral to publish on his name.

Their illegal use of my client's name should be punished under 'the protection of the identity of Members and Wards Act, 1735," said Ted quoting an International law and Dumbledore can be seen thinking.

As it is an international hearing, he can't express his opinion as all transcripts will be sent to the ICW for review and final decision.

He decided to not influence Harry in this trial but to suggest Harry when he comes to Hogwarts and talk about the penalty by Gringotts. He looked at the other side expectantly and Rouble stood up taking his queue.

"Harry Potter is a heroic figure and his stories are read by hundreds of millions every year. We can't have any discussions like these as he is also an inspiration.

A discussion like this is questioning his intent and desire, which we would like to discuss in this court," said Mr Rouble.

"Objection, Supreme Mugwump. Harry Potter might be a Heroic figure and millions of people may have read his books, but he is an individual as well with his private life.

What will people think if they read such stories about Harry Potter who didn't even do all those? I think this is an attempt to increase expectations from Harry Potter and when underperformed, criticise him.

The case is clear, Supreme Mugwump. It is a clear case of defamation and unpermitted use of the name of an Heir to the Ancient and Noble House of Potter," argued Ted.

At the mention of Heirship of Harry, everyone's eyes widened. This wasn't known to anyone and Dumbledore is no exception. His eyes widened a fraction, but no one noticed it.

Harry liked how the arguments were going as both sides were arguing about his greatness, which he didn't have any part of.

He smiled at Dumbledore when his Heirship is revealed but the old man seems to have lost in deep thought to notice.

"Can, can you confirm your Heirship, Potter?" Asked Rouble a bit shaken.

"Yes," said Harry and a ring on his left-hand ring finger came into view. It has the Potter family crest and motto.

"Heir Potter, can I check the authenticity of the ring?" Asked an assistant in the courtroom without waiting for any permission from Dumbledore. Harry agreed and gave him the ring.

He took it to a table below the table of Supreme Mugwump and started rummaging through pages. When he found the correct page, he compared them and sprayed some potions in it.

After some more tests, he brought it towards Harry as if it was the most valuable thing and Harry put it smoothly.

"Sir, I can confirm the authenticity of the Ring and what Heir Potter claims are true," he said loudly to the Supreme Mugwump. Dumbledore was shaken from his reverie when he was addressed.

"Thank you for your services," he acknowledged and banged his gavel to bring the chatter down.

"Do you have anything against Heir Potter, Mr Rouble?" Dumbledore asked and Rouble started to discuss with his clients and they all came to a conclusion.

"No, Supreme Mugwump. We are ready to pay any penalties Heir Potter imposes," he said in a neutral tone.

"We also want to add that my clients will agree to any conditions by Heir Potter and Mr Tonks as long as they withdraw from the Muggle ICJ," added Rouble and gasps can be heard across the courtroom.

None of them knew that Harry had sued them in muggle courts as well, which was never heard off in the ICW.

Rouble knew anything against an Heir is out of their hands as it can also be seen as demeaning an Ancient and Noble House of Potter, which includes Lily and James Potter, their war heroes, if not Harry Potter himself and the publications knew they can not stand against him as one statement from Harry can ruin their entire business, which they wanted to avoid.

Harry and Ted looked at each other victoriously. He and Ted discussed for a minute and agreed.

"Supreme Mugwump, my client agrees to their proposal and we will withdraw our suit from the ICJ. We will discuss further and come to a consensus and forward it to the ICW," concluded Ted and Dumbledore nodded.

"As the parties agreed to settle this, the session is hereby adjourned." Said Dumbledore and with a final bang of his gavel, all parties stood and started to move out of the Courtroom talking excitedly about the events.

No one could believe how Harry Potter handled the case and the way he acted as a true Noble and his change in appearance and character.

Ted and Harry waited as they knew Rouble and his party would come to talk with them as agreed. They should fix a time and place first to do that.

"That's a good case, Edward," said Rouble as made his way towards Harry and Ted.

"Yes, it is. We both know you can't argue anything when the topic of Harry's Heirship came," said Ted and Rouble nodded.

"True. It's nice to meet you, Heir Potter. I am a big fan of yours," said Rouble and they both shook hands.

"Let me introduce you to my clients, Michael Smith and Cristy Cartel." Said Rouble and both of them moved forward.

"It's nice to meet you, Harry," said Michael in a calm tone.

"What a wonderful day it is. I am finally meeting my Hero," said Cristy and hugged Harry, crushing his bones and pulling the air out of his lungs. Ted noticed Harry's face paling and removed her from him.

"Careful, Ms Cartel. You might kill him," said Edward. Cartel paled at that and started apologising after that. Harry took deep breaths to calm himself.

"As you might have known by now, Ms Cartel is the author while Mr Smith is the publisher of the company," said Rouble and Harry and Ted nodded at their introduction.

"How about we meet in a private place to discuss in the evening?" Asked Harry not wanting Dumbledore or anyone eavesdropping on them.

"Why evening? We can talk now," said Cristy enthusiastically.

"Yes, I know. But shouldn't we withdraw our case from the ICJ first?" Asked Ted and her eyes widened.

"Yes, yes. I forgot." She said with an embarrassed smile.

"My place in the evening is it okay?" Asked Ted and everyone agreed.

After that, everyone separated and went their own ways while Harry followed Ted outside.

Scene Break

Harry and Ted ate in companionable silence as Andromeda was out on some work and Tonks were nowhere to be seen.

"She went on with her work," said Ted and Harry looked at him questioningly.

"You are searching for Dora, right?" He replied and he nodded.

"Ya. She was fun to be around. That pinky" said Harry and Ted laughed with him. Ted looked at Harry curiously.

"What did you plan on doing?"

"About what?"

"In the meantime, I mean. We still have a few hours left," he said, gesturing to the clock.

"Well, I'm planning on going to the DMLE office."

"Why? Do you need something about our case? I think I have gathered a lot of evidence," said Ted.

"Nah. Just to check on the number of Animagus and the permissions required to get registered as one," said Harry. Ted raised an eyebrow at that.

"Are you one?"

"No. Not yet. Just want to know, that's it." Harry said in a neutral tone.

"Make sure to be back before 6. We need to discuss the terms," said Harry and nodded. After eating, he readied himself and with a goodbye, he left Ted's house.

He checked his wands, his card and put his hood up and made his way towards Leaky Cauldron to use the floo network.

Ministry of Magic

Harry appeared in the Atrium of the ministry and made his way towards the DMLE office on the second floor.

He entered a standard office setup with tables and wizards and witches working. He went to a nearby witch and asked her about known Animagus and formalities needed to get registered as an Animagus.

He read about how there were 7 known animagus and McGonagall was one of them.

Neither this father, Godfather nor Pettigrew were registered in this. Harry saw the process, which was easy but noticed a loophole. The names of registered Animagus can be attained by anyone.

He wanted to know this for not only Sirius as he knew Sirius was an unregistered Animagus which can land him in Azkaban again, but he wanted to know whether it is safe to get registered here or not.

After all, changing into an animal at will can be a trump card. He doesn't want to give up his trump card just to maintain a good name and record.

He is going to search for alternatives to bypass this, not that they would put him, Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived in Azkaban, but it is better safe than to be sorry.

Harry saw a woman walk into an office opposite where he was reading and read the name plaque of it. 'Director, DMLE' it read.

Not leaving an opportunity of getting as many people on his side, Harry went to the receptionist.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where the records of the previous cases are kept?" he asked the woman respectfully. The woman looked up, but she couldn't see his face. She replied in a bored tone.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"I'm," said Harry, removing his hood a little, giving her a glimpse of his face and her eyes widened seeing his face. He gestured to her to keep quiet and she nodded frantically, adjusting herself.

"My name is Rosaline by the way. As for the information, Can you tell me which case you are looking into?" She asked respectfully.

"About Sirius Black," Harry replied neutrally. Her expression changed to the one of disgust but she controlled herself as she is in front of the Boy-Who-Lived and she doesn't want to give him a bad impression of herself to their saviour.

"That case file is in the 5th row, 17th column in the 5th aisle in the 3rd left of the room. It will be 2 Galleons for seeing and 4 Galleons for a copy," she said neutrally and Harry thanked her, after giving her 2 Galleons and he left to the mentioned room.

What he saw shocked him. There is nothing. Practically Nothing. No case details. No investigation, no trial. NO TRIAL. How can this be possible? Sirius may be accused to be a mass murderer, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be given a trial and thrown into Azkaban of all places just like that.

His magic was spiralling out of control and Harry applied his Occlumency shields and clamped it shut. 'This is a disaster. How can they just throw him in Azkaban?' Raged Harry.

Then he remembered the door plaque and made his way towards the receptionist.

"Ms Rosaline, can I meet the Director of DMLE?" Harry asked and Rosaline went through some records.

"Yes, it will be 4 Galleons if you want to take it." She replied with a smile and Harry returned her smile and gave her 4 Galleons and she told him the way, which he knew and made his way to the room.

Harry knocked on the and heard 'Enter' and went in. The door closed behind him as he slowly made his way towards the table in the middle where a woman sat.

She is of an average witch with short grey hair, dark eyes and square-jaw and a monocle. She has the air of a serious person and Harry took note of this and as he reached his chair, he spoke. He saw her name plaque, which read 'Amelia Bones, Director of DMLE' in gold letters.

"I apologise for my unannounced intrusion, Madam Bones. I wish to discuss an important matter with you. If you have time," he said in a calm tone.

She looked up to see a hooded figure stand beside her table and nodded for him to continue.

"I'm Harry Potter by the way and this is about Sirius Black," said Harry as he sat in a seat opposite to her.

"We are trying our best to search for him, Mr Potter," she assured him.

"I'm aware of that, Madam Bones. Though I doubt you enjoyed sending Dementors to Hogwarts, I came here to discuss Sirius's innocence," said Harry, shocking the woman.

"What Innocence? What innocence are we talking about, Mr Potter?" She asked, grinding her teeth. As a strict person who follows the law-word to word, she can't see any innocence in Sirius Black's case and the boy in front of her didn't strike her as an investigator.

"I know all the charges on Sirius, Madam Bones, but do you have any recorded evidence on him to make this much fuss?" He asked, stopping dramatically. He saw the anger in her eyes increase and continued.

"I mean, there is no investigation, no trial. He is just put in Azkaban. Do you know that, Madam Bones?" Harry asked calmly. The anger in her eyes was subsidised a bit by this.

"What do you mean there is no trial and investigation? The Aurors caught Black in the act," said Madam Bones, taking a stern tone.

"Madam Bones, from what this report says, by the time auror group reached, Sirius Black was seen shouting madly and laughing maniacally, and the evidence that Peter Pettigrew is dead is a finger, which is cut off," read Harry from the report.

Amelia looked at him expectantly, unimpressed with a look which screamed 'is that it?'. Harry sighed at this. He thought she was an intelligent woman. 'Maybe she is blinded by the report,' he thought and continued his explanation.

"Madam Bones, if Pettigrew is dead, we should at least find any part of his body, not just a finger as evidence. And if you inspect the finger, it is cleanly cut, like it was cut with a knife instead of severed by a curse or anything." Said Harry, still calmly.

Madam Bones had enough of his nonsense and took the report to finally see the evidence and what he said stood true.

She knows when a finger is cut by curse or jinx compared to when it is cut with a knife from her experience. The picture in the report fits the one with a knife.

"I see your point, Potter. Now, what do you suggest?" She asked, calming down.

"I think Peter Pettigrew is alive and he is the real culprit for the death of 12 muggles on that day. Because if he is not, he did not need to cut his finger and run away from Sirius," said Harry in a confident tone.

"Your theory sounds plausible, Potter. But I can't do anything but follow orders," said Madam Bones in resignation.

"I know that, Madam Bones. But if possible, can you suggest a trial of Sirius was found and maybe use if Veritaserum?" Asked Harry.

"Why?"

"I want to prove Sirius's innocence and that is going to be the best way to prove it. Of course, finding Pettigrew is another way, but I think finding that rat takes time," said Harry menacingly.

"I didn't expect you to be a detective, Mr Potter,"

"Situations call for new sides of me to take the stage, Madam Bones," said Harry with a smile. He knew she was convinced by his words and she didn't miss the usage of Rat for Pettigrew.

This acts as his second alternative if he didn't find Pettigrew by the time Sirius comes to Hogwarts. With his point made, he stood up to leave.

"I've heard you have changed, Heir Potter. I didn't think it would be this drastic," said Madam Bones which made Harry stop mid-step.

"So you knew?" Asked Harry, giving her an inquisitive look.

"That's the well-spread rumour of the day. I'm sure it would have reached the Department of Mysteries by now,"

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Lady Bones." Said Harry in a respectful tone.

"No formalities, Potter. But I promise to look deeper into this and as you said, if found, Sirius is put to trial, I'll ask for Veritaserum usage as well," said Amelia and with a thankful nod, Harry left her office.

'What a drastic change. I didn't think he would be this straightforward and prepared. The rat, though. Should look into it,' thought Amelia and went back to her work.

Harry thought of meeting Mafalda but chose to write a letter instead of meeting her in person. He went to Ted's house as it's been 2 hours since he came here.

Ted's Home

As he reached Ted's house Harry saw him waiting in the office area and sat on a couch.

"So how did your digging go?"

"I found that Sirius didn't have any investigation except the situation he was found in and talked to Madam Bones about it," Harry replied casually.

"You talked to Amelia Bones?" Asked a surprised Ted.

"Ya. And she agreed to suggest a trial first and the use of Veritaserum in case Pettigrew was not found." Explained Harry.

"No offence, Harry, but you are becoming expert in convincing people,"

"None taken. Don't you think that's a good thing?"

"Of course, it is. Keeping in view our deal today. So what are the terms you are going to suggest?"

"Nothing new. Just want to take my share. I think half or one third would be sufficient and they can continue publishing as usual. As for new stories, I think I'm gonna edit them and publish them." Said, Harry.

"So one-third in profits and share of the publishing press for continued publishing and maybe new editions," concluded Ted.

"Ya. Along those lines." Said Harry and as the time for the meeting came, the meeting started and was successful.

As said in Courtroom, Cristy and Michael agreed to his terms and Cristy was happy to publish his stories and thrilled by new editions of his school experiences.

But not now as it involved very powerful figures and the magical community as a whole. But he would continue to give her updates while she comes up with something innovative.

Harry got 25 million Galleons as his share in profits not including the ⅓ of shares in the publishing press. Ted got 2 million as his fees.

Both males were very happy at the end of the discussions as everyone signed the document which has the agreed terms which are going to be sent to the ICW.

After sending Rouble, Cristy and Michael away, Harry and Ted left in the room with wide smiles on each of their faces.

"That's a success," said Ted and Hardy nodded.

"Yes. But we should focus on our main case now. I think we should speed things up," said Harry and Ted nodded.

"I'll be going, send me a letter if you have anything. See you soon," said Harry and left Ted's house.

After going a few meters away from the house in a dark alley, he took a gold chain that was around his neck out and turned it.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you have liked it. Tell me, what do you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

14