Capture And Break In
480 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Welcome back to the next chapter of Broken Shackles. Hope you share your feedback with me.

You can read next 5 chapters of Broken Shackles now on Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

A special thanks to my Beta, Theseus-Theo for his help.

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"Familiar/ Ghosts /Goblins" talking.

'Familiar/ Ghosts/ Goblins' thinking.

'Parseltonguewill/memories'

"Spell" is being used.

Enjoy.

Broken Shackles

Chapter 13

Capture And Break In

Harry moved closer to see a large book with more pages than he could remember. It seems it is back to its original size and its cover read.

'Schpeel's Guide to Mind Arts and Animals Dark Secrets.

By Schpeel Dumb.'

"Are you kidding me? All this time I have this book and didn't know about it?" Asked Harry to himself while Mira sympathised.

"Now, now, Harry. You at least found it now. Its title says everything you want," said Mira pointing to the title of the book.

"Yeah. This was good on Occlumency and gave my mind a good defence and I don't think that grease ball will try again.

As for Legilimency, I didn't try it as I thought of learning it after I have mastered Occlumency fully. They are the mind arts. What is this 'Animals Dark Secrets?'" Asked Harry, taking the large book and looking into it.

The first page was about the author, Schpeel Dumb. It said he was a great man and had done some great things. An overall knowledgeable person in the Mind Arts and Magical Creatures.

The main intent of the man in writing this book is to pass on his knowledge and at the same time, he didn't want it to fall into wrong hands.

So he came up with a clever move. Unlike Harry, the author couldn't understand or speak Parseltongue. So he thought of writing in an animal language in general which was similar to Parseltongue but can be recognised by a select few other than Parselmouths.

According to the author, only a person with a bonded familiar who also had some kind of magical creature blood flooring through them can read this.

Harry got confused by this. How can he read this if only the conditions have to satisfy? He understood the first part, the latter, that much.

"So how does this qualify me?" Asked Harry, unable to connect dots.

"The Basilisk, Harry. It is one of the most powerful magical snakes to ever live and you ate its meat, remember?" Asked Mira, helping a bit.

"Yes. I forgot about that. So it gave me access to this one, huh. That's great."

"If you couldn't, I would have read it for you. You have that alternative,"

"Ya. Thanks. I know I can count on you. Did you have any dreams?" He asked curiously.

"Not a dream. But I do feel something is going to happen soon and want you to be prepared for that."

"Hmm, I think it is about Sirius. Gonna catch the rat soon. That bastard. I'll kill him with my own hands when the time comes," said Harry darkly.

Mira noticed a small yellow layer around his emeralds with a small slit in the middle looking darkly instead of Harry's normal emerald.

'So the Basilisk meat gave him some power and he is unknowingly using it. Interesting,' thought Mira observing Harry as he started explaining his plans.

She would often wish him to have a normal childhood but knew his circumstances better, not only because of his stories but also through the bond they share.

She is happy that he found a companion other than his friends to talk to as she can't help him in everything. So she decided to help him the best she could and start teaching the next ability he got from her Jewel, Invisibility.

"Harry," Mira called, interrupting his tangent on something.

"Are you ready to learn my next ability?" She asked and successfully diverted his attention from the gloomy stuff he was talking about.

"New ability? Is it Shapeshifting?" Asked Harry enthusiastically.

"I can't teach you that, Harry. You need that pink girl's help to learn that as my method won't suit you," she said and he looked down in disappointment.

"But I can teach you this!" Said Mira and when Harry looked up, she was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm here," she said, slithering on his hand.

"Really? You will teach me Invisibility?" Asked a joyous Harry.

"Not so fast, young man. There are some requirements for you to learn this. The first is Occlumency. You need to master it. Only then I can teach you the first step,"

"Why? What does Invisibility do with Occlumency, not that I'm complaining,"

"Well, doesn't Occlumency allow you to clear your mind and focus on specific things?"

"Yes,"

"That's what you need for this. You should be able to imagine yourself turning invisible and feel it to some extent, which is not easy. And there are some more stepsSo yeah. Occlumency is going to be key for this. Who knows what else you can find in this training," she said in a haughty tone.

"Are you hiding something from me?" Harry asked suspiciously.

"What! You are doubting your big sis?" She asked dramatically, her head shaking in all directions as if to show her disagreement.

"As if I can," muttered Harry. Mira explained the remaining theory part of Invisibility. Harry went back to reading the now enlarged book as it explained Occlumency final stages.

He also read the introduction to Animagus or Magical Creatures in the book's case and learnt a few things about animals in general. He spent the rest of the time reading the enlarged book and planning.

The important thing is how to catch Pettigrew and not be caught by Ron. He needs to be sneaky and do it before the rat gets the whiff of something wrong.

'Hmm, maybe follow him and catch him when he was running around in the corridors like yes-today?' Thought Harry. He is going through different scenarios and this seemed best for him.

Scabbers can go missing for a while when he was really hungry and Ron knows that and if not, he might believe Crookshankes ate him or something. Not that he cared.

'What else should I plan? Everything was going smoothly. Maybe a retaliation effort from Malfoy? Nah. That idiot isn't that smart and knows he can't stand against me without Snape's help,' Harry thought.

Time went by as he was immersed in the newfound knowledge and his thoughts while Mira left him after seeing that he is calmed down and deep in thought.

The day went by and Harry's alarm rang at 5 in the morning, he woke up and did his regular exercises. He knew most witches and wizards are lazy.

Though he doesn't know whether it is inherited or they are too lazy to do things, he knew one thing. A fit and strong body help in so many ways and he knew it better than anyone.

If only he had the strength, he would have kicked the hell out of his cousin, Dudley or maybe spook him forever from ever trying to bully him.

And with all the experience he had last year, being alone taught him so many things and having a healthy body helps in endurance as well.

Of course, there is the fact of being attractive. But now that he has a girlfriend and another acquaintance, he is not going to think about that.

After all his exercises were done, Harry went to his room in the Ravenclaw tower to prepare for the day.

And as expected, first thing in the morning, his friends came banging his door to know all the juicy bits about his meeting with Dumbledore.

"Come in, guys," Harry called and Padma and Terry walked in with haste.

"What did he say?" Asked Padma, who became more talkative, after she found friendship with Harry and Terry.

"What can I say? He is more elusive than I thought and always talks in riddles," he replied with a shake of his head.

"That's why you are in Ravenclaw. To solve all those riddles. Come on, tell us, Harry," she nudged and Harry nodded.

"Well, he was lovey-dovey when I first went and I thought it was a normal meeting. Alas, it was not. He started smoothly, then steered it towards my house change and friendship with Ron and Hermione."

"Oh, this is going to be interesting,"

"What did you respond with?" Asked Terry.

"I told what you told me and how the Sorting Hat sent me to Ravenclaw. After that his important point came up." Said Harry, pausing to build suspense.

"What is it about?"

"Come on, tell us!"

"About the trial. Apparently, he is 'concerned' for that and asked me to ask his 'advice' if I want to try something like that," Harry said with a callous shrug.

"Typical Dumbledore," said Terry, surprising Padma and Harry. They didn't know he had any experience with the Headmaster that made him feel that way and he began explaining.

"So, he just let them go just because they are Gryffindors and they don't do anything wrong?" Asked an incredulous Harry.

"Don't know why he let them go, mate, but he spoke as if nothing was wrong and it pissed me. You can relate to that, can't you?"

"Ye, I can. I know he let some things go, but letting this off the hook is a new low," replied Harry in worry.

"It can't be helped. We have classes, guys. Let's go," said Padma, pushing them out of Harry's room. Harry was in serious thought and knew she was doing it to divert their attention and they followed her.

Ron and Hermoine knew most of his secrets and Ron didn't help one bit when he knew he wouldn't be the Heir of Slytherin.

Yet he didn't help, becoming part of the tormenting group of Gryffindors. He had enough people playing with his trust so he decided to give it carefully.

He is not going to get played again. As he followed his friends to classes, he observed the same blonde girl looking dreamily at the ceiling.

He was curious about her and like yesterday, he was pulled by Padma from talking to her and decided to talk some other time with her. She is just different from people around him and he knew.

His magic is telling him something, but he can't understand it. He also had plans to meet the twins to talk about Pettigrew.

With these thoughts in mind, Harry had breakfast and went to his first class, which happens to be Transfiguration with Gryffindors.

Transfiguration Classroom

Harry entered the Transfiguration class with Terry and Padma and sat in the middle of Ravenclaw benches while Ron came at the last moment.

McGonagall took the role call and after it was down, she looked at all the present students and started her lecture.

"Students, how many of you can turn your mice into snuff boxes?" She asked in a stern tone. While most were able, a few still can't.

"Who can't perform can come to me after class to try. Now let's move to our next topic. Animagus. Does anyone know anything about what an Animagus is?" She asked and only a few raised their hand to answer, Hermoine not being one of them surprised most.

"Ms Patil," she said pointing to Padma with her head and Padma answered about what an Animagus generally found in books.

"Good. 10 points to Ravenclaw, Ms Patil. Can anyone add more?" She asked and swept through all faces with her stern look.

"An Animagus need to go through strenuous methods to become one and must be registered with the Ministry once they were able to," said a bored Harry.

He wants to move this forward. He can't find the link between the Ministry approved method and what was written in the book by Schpeel.

"That's correct, Mr Potter. Take another 5 points to Ravenclaw," appreciated McGonagall.

"Let me summarise. An Animagus is a Witch or Wizard who can turn into an animal at will. There is a Ministry approved method to go through the process and as Mr Potter said, it is strenuous.

There are only a total of 7 registered Animagi to date in Magical Britain as going through all steps of the process is difficult," explained McGonagall and something flashed in her eyes when she explained about registered Animagi.

Harry took note of it. 'Does she know my dad is an Animagus? Then she should also know how Pettigrew is also an Animagus!' Thought Harry. But he realised something.

'Even if she knew, I don't think they won't be running around boasting they are Animagus forms like Malfoy does,' concluded Harry and dropped the train of thought.

"Is it clear so far? Does anyone of you have any questions?"

"Professor, does that mean becoming an Animagus is difficult?" Asked Harry.

"No, Mr Potter. It is strenuous as you put it, but many factors play an important role in becoming an Animagus. First is the Inner Animal. As we already know, everybody has an inner animal, irrespective of size and shape. We need to connect with it.

And some other steps need to be followed to become one. It is not easy per se, but it is not impossible to achieve either. There are 7 registered Animagus you can learn about.

They are different animals, irrespective of size and shape, being Animagus also allows you to learn about yourself more." McGonagall explained and Harry asked the first question that came to his mind.

"Is it possible to become an Animagi of a Magical Creature, Professor?"

"That's a good question, Mr Potter. There were no instances where any Animagi has become a Magical Creature as it is very difficult to achieve it and is seen as a myth.

Even if anyone became one, it is not documented anywhere to give substantial proof. So I don't think becoming a Magical Creature Animagus is possible." She ended and Harry nodded in understanding.

He just wants to know how far the Ministry has hidden things compared to what Schpeel wrote and find a balance in the middle. The perfect way for him to become an Animagus.

Harry also knew if anyone knew the information in Schpeel's book, it would be used for very unsavoury means and he won't be surprised if Tom attacked him as a water serpent.

That book held that much knowledge and confirming with McGonagall just showed how foolish the Ministry was in doing things as Pettigrew's Animagus status is still not known. Not even Sirius's for that matter.

'I think I should register Sirius somewhere. I don't want him to be charged for being an illegal Animagus. Not that I will allow him to be sent to Azkaban again.

Hmm, I should run this through Ted and do it quickly. As it's going to be Halloween soon,' thought Harry, planning different scenarios Sirius can be charged.

The class went by as McGonagall continued on her explanation and asked to write an essay about the initial stages of Animagus as homework and Harry left the room with much to think about.

"That's an interesting class. What's next?" Padma asked, walking beside Harry and Terry.

"I think it's Charms till lunch," said Harry recollecting from his schedule.

"Charms? What are we discussing again?" Asked Terry sheepishly.

"I think Professor Flitwick is explaining about the Banishing Charm,"

"Ah, yes. I almost got hit by one. I remember."

"Who fired it against the mighty Boot?" Asked Harry with a smile.

"You, genius. Professor Flitwick asked to demonstrate as you are so enthusiastic and you choose me of all people," he said with a sigh.

"I thought it would be great to try it and Ron was not talking to me then. If he had come a day earlier to patch up, I would have picked him and banished him," said Harry in an apologetic tone.

"Yeah, yeah. You told me the same thing last time," said Terry with a smile. He knew Harry didn't do it to injure him or anything. It just happened.

"You have a lot of nerve, Potter!" Draco said as he walked through the empty corridor with his 2 bodyguards.

"Ah, Malfoy. How are you doing? I thought you were injured from all the brain damage you received," asked Harry in an understanding tone.

"Are you mocking me, Potter! I'll make you pay," said Draco as he pulled his wand out.

"Oh, you learned how to catch your wand and came to show me? Excellent, Draco. Tell me you know something other than uncontrollable snakes," said Harry, pulling his wand out and casting Expelliarmus.

Draco's wand shot out of his hand towards Harry who caught it with expert ease. "Hmm, what to do, what to do?" Said Harry, twirling Draco's wand in his hand.

"Hand my wand back, Potter!" Yelled Draco. Harry knew that shout would make any Banshee proud and smirked at him.

"What are you talking about, Draco? I didn't take your wand. You didn't know how to catch it and dropped it," said Harry as Draco's wand was at his feet.

"WHY YOU!" Draco yelled as his anger for Potter reached a new height. He tried to use some spell, but nothing came to his mind.

"Depulso," said Harry, making a half-circle motion with his wand pointing towards a nearby metal armour. A yellow light came out of his wand and shot towards the metal armour and pushed it towards the fumbling Draco as he was trying to remember any spell.

It pushed him against the 2 bodyguards he had and everyone fell to the ground after a bit of tumbling.

"My father-"

"Will hear about this. I know. Tell him my greetings when you say," said Harry as Draco and his goons ran from him. Harry saw someone around the corner and went to check.

"Neville?" Asked Harry as he saw Neville trying to control his laughter.

"That was great, Harry. You taught that prat a good lesson," praised Neville. Harry remembered how close Neville was to becoming the boy who lived.

"You should come to my table sometime, Neville." He invited and Neville nodded thoughtfully.

"Our House is not the same without you, Harry," said Neville with a look of longing as Harry was one of his friends and dorm mates in Gryffindor.

Harry smiled gently at that. "Don't worry about my absence, Neville. It can't be done any other way. Do all those nitwits treating you well?"

"It's as usual. Though Ron lost most of his grace, others are manageable."

"Harry, who is it?" Asked Padma as she walked up to check on Harry. Neville started to look around nervously, his timid personality showing itself.

"It's fine, Neville. It's just Padma," said Harry, pulling him towards the waiting 2 Claws. They talked for a minute after which Neville has to run to catch the Herbology class while Harry and co went to Charms class.

A Few minutes Later

Charms Classroom

"Harry Potter," called Flitwick, taking roll call.

"Present, Professor," said Harry entering the class with Padma and Terry behind him and hastily took a seat on an empty bench along with other Claws and Puffs.

"Be mindful to arrive in time, students," stressed Flitwick letting Harry and his friends off the hook and everyone nodded.

"Let's start with a little revision. Can anyone tell me about the Banishing Charm?" He asked, standing atop his pile of books. So many hands shot up.

"Yes, Ms Bones,"

"Banishing Charm (Depulso)-" started Susan and continued to explain about it.

"Excellent, Ms Bones. Take 6 points to Hufflepuff. So as we discussed it in the last class, please take your wands and perform it on this," said Professor Flitwick, gesturing to a pile of papers he arranged on a small table.

All the class performed the Charm and after being satisfied by their performance and after they settled, he continued.

"Excellent, Class. Take 3 Points, everyone. Now let's follow it with a Freezing Charm. The Freezing Charm (Immobulus) is a charm that immobilises and stops the actions of the target.

With the use of this charm, the movement of living or animated targets will be stopped. It has so many uses and can also be used as a substitute to stun," explained Professor Flitwick and performed the charm.

Harry knew this as Hermione used it on the Pixies when that dumb peacock released them in their DADA class last year.

She used a powerful version of it to stop them and later locked them in the cage. He knew how to use it as well, but didn't disturb the class.

Flitwick performed it and tasked them to write an essay on other uses for the charm and the class was dismissed after that for lunch.

Harry spent the rest of the day going to all classes and as the day ended, he planned on meeting the twins, after much thought, he came to a startling realisation.

They can't provide him with much info. As all they know is Percy brought Scabbers and since then he became the family rat. Not that anyone expected a rat to be an illegal dead Animagus.

Harry sighed as he can't make heads or tails on what to do and decided to write a letter to Ted about all the developments he got on Sirius's case.

'Hey, Ted,

I am doing well. Hope you and Andromeda are doing well and include that pinky here. Just want to inform you about Sirius's Animagus form.

I want to know if the Wizengomot can imprison him again because of his unregistered Animagus form. He didn't make it known at the time of his imprisonment as well.

Just want to be safe if the foolish Ministry wanted to imprison him for someone. Can you search to bypass this?

I know I'm acting overly concerned, I just don't want to take chances and lose Sirius as well. Also, I found where Pettigrew is.

Cocky rat is acting as a pet for one of the students in Hogwarts and I'm going to catch him soon. So there is that.

Tell me when you find something that can bypass this whole Illegal Animagus thing.

A wannabe solicitor,

Harry.'

'And dot.' Thought Harry ending the letter. He went to the owlery to send the letter through Hedwig, tying the letter to her leg. She was upon him as soon as he entered the owlery looking at him expectantly.

Harry gently ruffled her snowy feathers and gave her a large piece of bacon he took after his dinner. She gently nipped his fingers, looking at him expectantly.

"There. Be safe and surprise that pinky if possible," said Harry and she nodded her head in understanding. She didn't move, as if expecting something else.

Harry looked at her quizzically. 'Did I forget anything?' She would be very happy to take letters for him and would have gone by now. Now she is looking at him for something.

"What, girl? Did I miss something?" Asked Harry and she gently hooted many times and Harry couldn't keep up.

"You are not happy with not being used that much?" He asked the most plausible explanation he thought of. She hooted again.

"Ok. That sounds like you are not satisfied with me." Harry said and Hedwig nodded elegantly.

"Well, we can talk at length when you come back. Maybe I will ask Cho to use you as well?" he said and she gave a satisfied nod and flew from one of the windows.

'That girl. I don't know what she thinks sometimes.' He thought but remembered something.

'Is she somehow thinking about Mira and not satisfied since I didn't introduce them?' He asked himself. Deciding to not take chances, he thought of arranging a meeting between them soon.

He doesn't want to be on the end of an angry Hedwig as she is intelligent compared to other owls and can come up with intuitive ways to take her revenge.

With these thoughts in mind, Harry went into the secret room he and Cho made on the 4th floor to relax a bit. The place has become a sanctuary for him as he often spends time here with Cho if she is free.

He made a habit of coming here to relax. Now that he had enough of planning things, he wanted to relax and made his way to the room on the fourth floor from the owlery.

As he reached the room, which was locked by a small magic lock that requires the user's wand to recognise them, Harry put on his wand and entered without much difficulty.

"Hey Harry," greeted Cho as she was inside with some books around her. Harry walked and sat on a couch opposite her, looking curiously.

"Hello. What are you doing?"

"Assignments. The fourth year has some advanced things and I'm working on them," she said, gesturing to all the books around her.

Harry looked at all of them. He knew some and didn't know some. As he is also preparing fourth-year subjects, he helped Cho wherever possible and they completed the assignments in silence.

"Wow. You were good with my subjects. Trying to one-up me?" She asked with a smile, packing all the books she brought.

"Nah. I'm just trying to complete fourth with you so that we can be in the same year," he said with a charming smile.

"Ah, want to spend more time with me?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows with a teasing smile.

"What's wrong with it? Can't I spend some more time with my girlfriend?" He asked in a hurt tone.

"Ah, charming words," said Cho as she walked towards the couch Harry was sitting on.

"What will you do in the extra time you are going to spend?"

"Hmm, never thought of it. Let's plan," he said, moving closer to her.

"Well, I have some work to do and my friends will get suspicious if I don't go to my room soon," she said standing.

"Ah, come on, you are spoiling everything I planned!" Harry whined and Cho turned back.

"What did you plan?"

"Well, that would be telling," he said, standing beside her and stealing a quick kiss.

"That's for not spending more time with me and-" he kissed her again.

"For becoming more popular and spending more time with your friends,"

"So you heard about them," she said, initiating one of her own. After being accepted into the Quidditch team, Cho's popularity also increased.

Being attractive in addition to being a Quidditch player made some males in her class and House turn heads and try their luck with her, only to fail.

"I don't need to hear. I see it every day," said Harry as they started walking towards the Ravenclaw tower. Spending time with her relaxed him and now he can apply his plan without any diversions and disturbances.

"That's true. What do you plan for the upcoming Quidditch match?"

"Win the game of course. I can't disappoint the young lady who put her trust in me and made me Captain, can I?" Harry asked confidently and Cho nodded in agreement.

"You better not. I have so many hopes on us and I want to experience playing with you in the sky,"

"Are you? I'll make that dream come true soon. Oops, looks like people are lurking around," said Harry, seeing some students around the corridor.

"Good night, Harry," said Cho, hugging him and giving him a last kiss. Harry walked with her to the common room normally.

As they play Quidditch together, no one paid any special attention to them as they normally talked about Quidditch and other things.

Harry talked to her and switched to talking with other Quidditch players who gathered around them as they started talking. It was a good informal meeting as they got to know each other's strengths and weaknesses more.

Harry concluded the meeting by stating his target of catching the snitch and winning the match against the Puffs and everyone agreed with him on that.

After that, they all dispersed into their dorms and went to sleep except for Harry. He wanted to catch Pettigrew and started observing his routine at night.

A Few Days Later

Harry devoted himself to catching Pettigrew and observed his routine for the next few days and decided he was ready to catch the rat.

He made his way through the empty corridors of Hogwarts, following the normal path Pettigrew would take in search of something to eat.

Harry saw him enter the corridor and walk towards the hole he would normally squeeze through. Harry is waiting for him at the entrance to the hole.

He was under his invisibility cloak so the rat didn't see what happened as soon as he was at the hole, he was stunned and lost control of his body.

Harry didn't think catching him would be this easy. Deciding to not delay, he took the stunned rat. His anger came to the forefront, but Harry suppressed it with practised ease.

'Thank Merlin, you are here, Pettigrew. Let's keep you in a safe place for now,' said Harry, giving him one last dark look before putting him in a small pouch.

Donning his cloak again, Harry went to his room to sleep with satisfaction as Pettigrew was now with him, Sirius coming here is the only thing left to enact his plan.

Halloween Day

After catching Pettigrew, Harry became more active and happy. He aced on all his classes and got praises from all Professors except Snape.

The poor Potion Masters started to stay quiet around him for some reason and Harry didn't want to test him as he is not interested in him.

Malfoy on the other hand had a few more encounters with Harry and ran every time Harry disarmed him and he also stunned him a few times.

Other than that, Ron made quite a ruckus about his missing rat and unfortunately for him, no one seemed to know about its whereabouts.

It took the Weasley boy a week to notice the absence of Scabbers and Harry heard he frantically searched for Scabbers in his dorm and then in Gryffindor tower.

He started searching around Hogwarts but they didn't yield any results. Apparently, Percy was disappointed in Ron and didn't talk to him after that.

Understandable, as he is the one who first brought Scabbers into their home. Harry didn't give a damn about them as Pettigrew is far more important to him.

He remained silent and days passed by quickly as the fateful day of Halloween was upon him in no time and he waited for Sirius to come.

"Is it, I didn't think it was like that," laughed Harry as they ate the Halloween feast and while chatting in the Great Hall.

Padma and Terry were opposite him while Neville joined them at the Ravenclaw table accepting Harry' request and was beside him.

Though this day took so much from him, Harry stayed strong throughout the day as he got used to it by now. He is patiently waiting for Sirius to come when-.

"Attention! Students. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, the Castle will be on temporary lockdown. I request all students to be in the Great Hall.

I repeat. I want all students to be in the Great Hall immediately. Head Boy and Head Girl will explain to you everything. You will be sleeping in the Great Hall for today.

A thorough search will take place across the castle and all classes are cancelled. Mr Potter, please wait for Professor Lupin. He will be coming to take you."

Rang Dumbledore's voice across the Castle as everyone went into a panic.

Harry was smiling with joy in his mind. 'Yes! He is here,' thought Harry in joy. And as soon as a fresh batch of Gryffindors entered the Great Hall, they confirmed his suspicions.

"It's him. Sirius Black is here!" They yelled at the top of their lungs. The Great Hall went into silence for a second and descended into chaos the next.

"Settle down. Head Boy here. Settle Down," Percy tried his best to calm everyone.

Everyone started to talk about this as few started to describe what happened at the Gryffindor common room.

"So when we went there, there was a crowd building up. All thought it was the Fat Lady not accepting the Password. But no. She was nowhere to be found and her portrait was slashed with claw marks across it. The Head Boy was there, trying to disperse everyone.

Professor Dumbledore soon arrived and as they found the Fat Lady, she explained about Sirius Black's attempted break-in. It's chaos after that." Explained a 4th year while the twins examined their own version.

While this was the widely accepted version, whole different versions started to appear. Harry also noticed some sending not so subtle, subtle glances at him while some were worried for him.

"Mr Potter. Please follow me," asked Professor Lupin as he stood at the entrance of the Great Hall.

And Cut.

That's it for this Chapter, folks. Hope you have liked it. Tell me, what do you think of the chapter and story in general.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Black Infinity 1289,

Ja Ne.

18