Chapter 147 : The Truth
15.4k 42 321
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You are really troublesome…” Victor said to the astonished El as he floated near to the cliff’s face inspecting it.

“Ahhh…. Fly…you can fly….” El shouted as she looked around in amazement.

“Yeah, so what?” Victor answered nonchalantly as he watched her turn from scared to excited.
She was terrified at first, but she quickly forgot all about that and began to enjoy her time being carried like a princess.

“How do you do that? Are you a superhero?.” she asked him “You killed the bad big john… and can fly.” She added as her eyes sparkled.,

“No, I am not…. I am more like the villain…the final boss probably.” He said thinking about his crazy authority… If it were to be utilized fully…especially after the reckoning… He would be a real final boss.

“Ahhh….That’s better…” She said as she breathed in relief. Better? How? He didn’t want to ask… This girl was probably not a good thing. Well… Nothing Hilda can’t fix.

“Can you teach me?” She asked.

“Maybe,” He said as he took her on a tour around the cliff surveying it for the dungeon that the knowledge book told him about.

“Look there, That’s the magic flower,” El said, pointing to a strange place on the cliff that seemed to have a lot of blue flowers with thin long petals.

Withered snakes dungeon
E Rank
NOT OPENED
WARNING: UNLOCKS NATURALLY IN 82344 HOURS 41 MINUTES

Found it. The entrance was a strange boulder that had a different color on the cliff… This should be the seal. If this boulder was damaged the dungeons would open.
This would be a good place to make all the girls players. As for the chicks… He doesn’t trust them enough yet, and if they became a player that would disable the Master ring’s effect on them…

“That place is strange…” El Suddenly said.

“How so?” Victor asked.

“I didn’t notice it from the top, but the magic flowers are very plentiful here,” she said, “as if they were spilling out of something inside the cliff. Does it have some kind of a treasure?” she asked with sparkling eyes.

“Yes, probably, do you want to know what?” he asked.

“Yes! I want to learn how to fly too..” She said as her eyes sparkled more.

“Then be a good girl for the next few weeks, and when I uncover the secret here I will take you with me…. And I may teach you how to fly.” He said

“Do you promise?” She asked while thinking some other thoughts….

“Yes..” He said… He should let the girls keep an eye on her.

“Then I will be a good girl,” El said as she nodded keeping her eyes on the cliff as if she was memorizing this location… Would she be a good girl? Probably not…

“Let’s go back,” he said, flying up to the top of the cliff. Even if this idiot wanted to return, the dungeon entrance was not something a little girl could break… It required knowledge about how formations worked.

 

...

 

“Is everything ok?” Theta asked with concern as Victor landed on the ground.

“Yes don’t worry,” Victor said as he put the excited El down. “Be sure not to fall down again. I will not help you a second time.” He warned,

She nodded,

“Who is that Mr. Kline?” Victor asked her. Big John, whose corpse was still bleeding, mentioned him before….

“Ahh…. He is a very strong young man… He has magical powers too… He came to our village a while ago… He was exploring urban legends and he heard about our wine. So he came and tested it then told the villagers that it was very precious, so after taking some bottles he left… Saying that he would find an inventor.”

“An investor.” Victor corrected.

“Ah... Yes, that’s it… He called two weeks ago, saying that he found a big one and that he would come here to sign a contract in a month. He also warned the villagers not to tell anyone if they want to see any money and to keep the mountain deed safe, this Area was part of it…” She said, making Victor look at Margret who took part in this place’s purchase.

“Ah…Yes, this area now belongs to you, young master… That was probably the reason they refused to sell it in the first place.” Margret said after browsing with her phone and checking their location.

“You said that Mr.Kline has magical powers?” Victor asked El.

“Yes, He could easily heal Big John and a few other villagers who fell mysteriously ill just by flicking his hand. So they swore to follow him forever as his younger brothers.” She said proudly, making Victor look at her with a smirk.

“You also followed him, didn’t you?” He asked… Now he has a good idea of what this brat was really thinking.

“Of cou….Of course not.” She said, stuttering,

“And you were planning to follow me then steal the deed…” Victor asked with a smirk, exposing her genius plan.

“No… I just wanted to be your younger sister… you are so cool and can fly too…” She stuttered… making Victor frown… Was she ordered to fool him? Probably not, This girl can't be acting on anyone’s order because big John was suspecting her… This must be her bright Idea… But she underestimated him…Well, He can use someone smart like her… After some education.

“Then what can this Mr. Kline do too?” Victor asked…

“He can heal people just by touching them… and he can also lift a huge boulder with just his finger.” She said as she moved her hands around as if she was breaking a big boulder…

“You really like him don’t you?” Victor asked.

“Yeah… No… I am just amazed by his powers.” She said,

“Oh Good. Then I will believe you for now… But If you ever betray me…” He said, then went to Big John’s corpse and kicked it down the cliff.

El swallowed then nodded…. Not knowing what to think…

Let’s go back then… Victor said as he approached El and put his hand on her little head… The next moment she fell unconscious in his hands.

“Young master, what should we do with her?” Margret asked as she inspected El with a nasty look. She really didn’t like this little hooker. She was clearly fooling the young master.

“I want her to work for me…. But she needs some …. Training.” Victor said as he took out the master ring and used it on her… It had an empty slot now that Theta became a player.

It took 15 minutes to successfully activate because the girl was asleep and she didn’t give her consent, so Victor had to forcefully use it.

Let’s see now how smart you are now. Victor thought with a smirk as he put away the ring.
Would that Kline be a player? He didn’t know, But another player appearing so soon in this exact city was not something very probable…. It would only happen in a cheap cheesy novel whose author was out of new ideas…. So probably not, but no matter what… He can use him too.

“Alex, return to the mansion with the girls and take this little hooker with you, I have some things to do?” Victor said as he sent a message to Kai instructing him to find anything he can about a Kline who might be interested in buying this mountain.

“Understood,” Alex said as he grabbed the unconscious El and threw her in the car. Like Margret, she didn’t like this little b*tch one bit.

“Margret… Tell Hilda that I want to see a clean girl when I return… both from the outside and the inside.” Victor said,

“I will make sure of that,” Margret said, giving Victor a knowing look as she sat beside Alex then glancing at El with a smirk.

“Where are you going, young master?” Theta asked.

“Don’t worry, I have to go plant a seed that would change the entire world.” He said as he flew up under the girl's astonished looks.

 

...

 

Jane Armstrong was in a really bad mood. She has been chained to a column for an entire day after she tried to escape… Her unconscious partner was tied to a chair in front of her. Hopefully, he was still alive.

She never expected that they would catch her sniffing around this abandoned factory.

Would she die like this? She was on the verge of discovering the root of this evil gang that kidnapped girls and sold them.

This place must have been used to keep the abductees... But strangely enough, it was empty. Did they transport them somewhere else, or did Nick’s death force them to stop their operations?
And who the F*ck is the chick's master? Why do they call themselves chicks?

Many similar questions filled her mind. Suddenly, she heard a soft noise. Looking up, she saw that the cell’s only window, which was seven feet above the room's door, was getting kicked by someone… One time... Two times…. It broke down.

Before the steel frame came crashing to the ground, a slender hand reached in for it and nimbly caught it. Then from the window, someone threw a rope then a pretty girl climbed down.
She was very pretty… like a movie star. And she was young, about 17 years old.
After reaching the floor, the girl looked around the room and then smiled at Jane as she put her slender finger on her mouth, indicating that she should remain silent.

The girl went to her partner first, checking his pulse and then nodding as she unbound him. Then she went to Jane and unbound her too.

“Follow me…” The girl whispered in an ethereal voice as she grabbed John and dragged him out of the window making Jane wonder how can this slender woman be this strong… She carried John under her arm and climbed out. Was she in the army? But her arms are very slender…

Jane climbed up with some difficulty, reaching the factory’s backyard. Looking around she noticed that the girl was sneaking through a hole in the fence while carrying john.

Jane quickly followed behind her until they walked into the forest… The girl kept walking but slowed down on purpose because Jane was not in a state to walk.
She kept gesturing for Jane to follow as she worriedly looked toward the factory. Yes… They should get away from here. They should get as far as possible.

An hour later that girl stopped at a clearing.
“We are safe here.” She said as she laid the unconscious john down and took a water bottle and a wrapped package from somewhere and threw it to Jane.

“Eat and drink… We have some very important things to talk about.” She said,

“Who are you? Why are you helping me?” Jane asked.

“Catch your breath, we will talk later.” The girl said as she checked on the still unconscious John Smith.

“How is John?” Jane asked again.

“He was drugged. He will probably wake up in the morning.” She said,

Jane nodded and then began to eat… She was really hungry.

“What is your name?” Jane asked after she finished eating.

The woman looked hesitant at first, then as if she got herself together she looked at Jane who finished eating.

“My name is Vivi. The maid of the late young master Alex of the thunder sect.” She said with some tears in her eyes.

“A maid? What thunder sect? And why did you save me?” Jane asked.

“I need your help… I have a secret that would probably get us both killed…. But the truth must be revealed, the young master’s death must not be for nothing… They are coming, and the world must know….. Those idiots still insist on hiding the truth ....” Vivi said, making Jane frown... Is this girl crazy?

“Do you remember the chaos in Silver Lightning city? The mantis monsters…” Vivi asked, making Jane look at her with interest. No one was allowed to talk about this… But she really wanted to know the truth.

“I was there…. My young master died there…. ” Vivi said, “More of those monsters would be appearing from now on…” She added with a resolved look… “Do you want to hear about the truth of this world? About everything from the monster mantis and about the awakened powers? The families and the sects. I can tell you everything... Be warned though what I am going to tell you might cause your death…so make sure you are ready. “ Vivi said, making Jane frown, think, then nodded.

“I will warn you again… This knowledge can really get you killed,” Vivi repeated with a serious tone. “ I only came to you because I read your articles before and I heard your reputation…. I knew that you would not betray me.” She added.

Jane nodded, “ I don’t know if I can believe everything you might tell me… But I will investigate it.” She said, “But how did you find me here?” Jane asked.

“I was following you… But I could only act tonight after drugging those guys.” Vivi said making Jane frown a little, but she quickly forgot that when Vivi took out a table and two chairs from thin air and then sat down under Jane's astonished eyes.

“Let’s talk then, I will tell you the truth about the world that you never truly knew,” Vivi said with a smile.

 

...

 

It was late at night when El woke up. She was sleeping on a very soft bed… Very very soft.
“Where am I?” She wondered as she looked around….”Ah yes, I was with that big sheep that I wanted to fleece… Why did I fall asleep?”
Looking at her body, she realized that she was clean… and she was dressed in a silky dress… Did someone wash her… This dress looked expensive…. Would Uncle Long buy it?

Getting out of bed and looking out of a nearby window she could see the setting sun and she could see that she was in a building surrounded by forests... Is this his house?

Looking at a clock on the wall she could see that it was 8.00 PM… She must have slept a lot…. Was she really that tired or did someone knock her out? Did they really discover her plot?

“So you are awake.” a woman’s voice startled her.
Looking behind, she saw a middle-aged woman with a strong aura and maid clothing standing behind her.
When did she get there?

“Yes… Are you the one who bathed this little miss?” El asked arrogantly.

“Yes… My name is Hilda, I have been instructed by the young master to take care of you.” The woman said as she raised one eyebrow.

“Ah… Now, this young miss is hungry. Go get me some food.” El ordered.

“Ask politely,” Hilda ordered sternly.

“F*ck you old woman… How dare you order me? I am your young master’s little sister.” El said arrogantly… She wanted to prove herself strong… She can’t let others look down on her… That’s what her mother taught her.

“Oh….” Hilda said as a smile appeared on her face… The thing she loved most in this life is educating disobedient little girls. She learned of this pleasure after educating the twins.

El frowned a little … She didn’t like that smile on Hilda’s face at all…. Did she make another mistake?

321