Chapter 156 : About Scions (1)
12.3k 37 301
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After dropping Monica off at her house with a reluctant goodbye kiss, Victor reached his mansion at 4.00 PM where he decided to have a quick lunch with the girls.

This time El was there, sitting obediently as a cute little sister. She was not fooling anyone though. Everyone has already been informed of her betrayal. And they were waiting for a chance to spank her ungrateful butt.

“El, how was your day?” Victor asked leisurely, as he appreciated his artfully arranged dish.

“It was fine… Thank you for asking, young master,” She answered politely, the way Hilda taught her.

“Good, How about this… Camellia, take El out and go shopping for the night. She needs some new clothes.” He said, making El a little jumpy…. This was her chance to run… But she needed to be here to help Mr. Kline… She was conflicted… “Wait... Shopping… For me?” She wondered silently.

“Are you going to let her buy things for me, young master?” El asked… A little unsure

“Of course… Although you are not my real young sister, I will still care for you, I already promised.” He said, making her feel a weird tingling in her heart. Something she never experienced before.

“Oh, by the way, Hilda… I have a new buyer for the antiques in the basement…. So make sure they are well wrapped and place them in an easily accessible place. I intended to offer them at Charlotte’s auction, but I didn’t have a chance, back then... I am sure, they would sell for millions.” He said, making El perk her ears.

“I will see to it, young master,” Hilda replied.

Victor nodded then returned to his meal, ignoring the somewhat edgy Lily… Who wanted to ask about the incident today but didn’t want to disturb her young master’s meal.

Victor quickly finished his meal, then stood up as Mana helped him wipe his mouth.
“Lily, follow me. We need to talk.” He said… “Mina, prepare some coffee for me,” He added before heading to the study. Lily ran behind him under the girl's curious looks.

Sitting on his trusty chair in the study, Victor smiled and gestured to Lily to sit on his lap. It’s been a while… So she quickly obeyed.

He gently hugged her, then removed her veil to look at her pretty face.
“Do you know why I told you that you are ugly today?” He asked

“I don’t…. Maybe someone was stalking me? Was that guy who stole my veil a player… I didn’t feel his approach… No, I did, but I didn’t perceive his danger… I felt strange… What does he want from me? Does it have anything to do with that Oliver?” She asked one question after another, making Victor smile slightly.

“One question at a time, “ He said, “First, that stalker was sent by the Principal. He should belong to the Von Krone family… Your original family.” Victor said. Making her open her pretty mouth wide in shock.

“Did he discover that I belonged to them?” She asked with a worried tone.

“No… I believe he is suspecting you. Your veil didn’t cover your eyes after all, and those old monsters have real keen instincts.” He added, “That’s why he sent that man to remove your veil, and that’s why I responded by camouflaging your appearance to look ugly.” Victor explained.

“Oh…. What? Ugly…” She didn’t notice… She finally figured out why all the students were looking at her with disgust… She thought they were acting.

“Yes… Anyway, if my guess is correct, they should have already discovered you… Did you notice that he wanted to take the veil…. He wanted your DNA…” He said,

“What…? Would they…. Should I stop going to school?” She wanted to ask

“No need, They probably already got a sample from your desk. It’s impossible to guard against this. And if you disappeared suddenly, they might get a little agitated,” Victor said… He never expected to see a Von Krone agent so soon. Weren't they supposed to be hidden away? Is this a fate backlash too?

“Ah… Then….” Lily hesitated...

“Don’t worry, I didn’t want them to find you so soon, but that won’t affect our plan. I know a lot about those guys… You are 17 right?” He asked, That guy would begin his search for her after another year anyway…

“Yes, 17, and two months… the family used an artifact to measure it when I joined the assassination squad.” Lily nodded,

“Oh, you are older than me… that means we have 10 months... You see, the Von Krone family has this crazy test for their heirs. After the age of 5, all heirs would have to live outside the family in an orphanage, where they would rely on themselves to survive… The family would provide them with a scholarship for education, but that’s it. “ Victors said, as he squinted his eyes, remembering the royal family's code… “The boys would have to complete 20 years, while the girls 18… That’s if they want to gain a good status.” Victor said, pondering on this crazy method to manufacture scions… The probability of one of those heirs awakening as a scion after this test was about 0.1%, but that was enough for them. The normal probability for a Scion in the general public was 0.00001%.
The secret of the Von Krone family's power was their mass production of Scions to serve them… Their Patriarch is a scion too.

“Ahh…. Is that why they threw me away?” Lily asked.

“They should have told you the truth when you turned 13… They take the heirs back for a tour in the family and a crash course in family secrets, before throwing them back into the wild. But if my guess was correct, something happened and caused them to lose track of you… That’s just my hypothesis though..” Victor said, He heard it all from her brother. Losing her was a plot from another faction in their family… as her bloodline, was tested to be one of the purest.

“Then…. They would not come for me? ” She worriedly asked,

“They will… But that would be stupid, as they only need to wait one more year for your sake.…. So I believe they would wait until you are 18… We should get married before that…. Unless you want to return to your family…” He said.

“No… you are my only family.” She said in a shy tone as she hugged him to hide her blushing face.

“Hehe… You better remember that…” He said, not letting her see the worried look in his eyes.

Their intimate moment was broken by a knock on the door, it was Mina bringing the coffee for her young master.

When she entered, she was not surprised by the intimate atmosphere… on the contrary, she wished it was her instead…

“Put it on the table, Then call your sister, Alpha, Alex, Margret and…. Theta too. I have something to explain.” He said, making Mina nod and then go to call them.

“What do you want to explain?” Lily asked, annoyed by the fact that her special time with her young master was ruined.

“Your second question… About Oliver.” He said with a sigh.

“What about him?” She asked.

“Wait for the others,” he said as he pinched her puffed cheek.

After five minutes the girls and Alex, who was dressed as a girl, were all sitting in the study, waiting for their young master to finish his cup of coffee.

Putting the cup on the table, Victor licked the cream off his lips and then looked at them.
“Did the twins tell you about what happened today?” He asked,

“No.” Alpha replied,

Victor nodded and gestured to Mina to tell them what happened as Mana prepared another cup of coffee for him.

So after another ten minutes, the girls were all briefed on the Oliver incident… In addition to their young master behavior in class… What a bully.

“Now, What do you think I should do about that Oliver?” Victor asked as he took two strange talismans and activated them. Making all the girls except Alpha wonder what it is.

“Kill him,” Alpha said, beating the girls to it. And wondering why Victor activated an S rank isolation talisman. Does he want to tell them some important secret? And what was that second one… She had no memories of that design.

“Then what if I told you that Oliver is a scion?” He added, making Alpha gasp as the girls looked at him with a frown, they never heard that term before.

“What is a scion?” Margret asked with a frown,

“Well… That’s a complex question… Do you girls know what my class is?” He asked, deciding it is time for them to know something. Those girls would form the nucleus of his future team.

“Wasn’t it a merchant?” Mana asked.

“It’s not.” Victor said, “That’s a fake class… take it as a life lesson, don’t let your enemies know about your powers. And everyone who is not your ally is your enemy. Take your good friend, Tom, for example, he kept telling you he is a warrior, but in fact, his class is Berserker.” he added.

“What! He was lying to us… Also lying in school!” Margret said in shock.

“Of course, he is lying… even that girl Madeleine was lying, she is a succubus, not an enchantress.” He added, making the twin gasp, then giggle with a blush as they thought of the way she was hugging Tom’s arm when they left.

“Now…You will have to keep this a secret and never talk about this after leaving this room. My real class is called Fate Weaver. I can see people’s fate. A part of it, anyway. My class’s level is still too low.” He said

“Fate?” Mina asked.

“You will not understand it completely… But simply, Fate is the power to change the world, and enforce your will on it and on others. In plain words, it means that if you have a powerful fate, you can make your desires come true.” He said, as he sipped his coffee and watched the girl's expressions. “Some people have more power to influence the world than others. People with weak fates can't change a thing. They can only swim with the current, getting affected by others. But people with strong fates can change things to their advantage mostly… But not always.” He added, remembering how dark Scions cause trouble to the world around them.

“Are you like a fortune-teller? Can you see that? Are you going to tell us our fates?” Margret asked, her interest peaked… so did Alpha, who had never heard of these things from her family.

Oh, the tension...

If you like this consider a donation.

301