Chapter 236: Marriage Announcement
9.7k 15 242
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You will give me a statement!?” Gloria asked in surprise as she looked at Victor’s handsome face. Nearly forgetting that he took some really disturbing materials from her phone.
The idea of him ‘enjoying’ the things he took would make her cringe in her bed for an entire week.

“Yes, I only deal with pretty girls… and yours is …” He paused, kissing the tips of his fingers like a chef, “Top notch!”

She blushed as he reminded her, but her professional habits took over as she took the opportunity to give the cameraman a signal then held out the microphone and put it next to Victor who looked casually out of the car’s window.

“What is your response to the recent allegations on the internet regarding you?” She asked professionally, smiling for the camera.

“I did kill that man!” Victor nodded, making her gasp, “He was an assassin who was sent to kill me.” He added,

“An A… Assassin?...D…Do you have proof?” She asked, stuttering. This was it! The big news! She was mistaken of course.

“Definitely! But I can’t say anything more as this is a part of an ongoing police investigation. That’s why they didn’t give you any response. That man belonged to the Lotus gang after all.” Victor said, making her gasp again as she stepped back involuntarily. About half of the reporters who were listening dropped their cameras at that very moment and turned around to leave. They didn’t want anything to do with this anymore.

“Young master, those are some dangerous claims,” she said. The Lotus gang was not to be underestimated at all. She heard stories. Horrible stories.

“Look at the man’s neck in the recording. It’s a little blurry, but it had a lotus tattoo.” Victor said, making her and the reporters quickly check the recording. It was blurry, but yes… The tattoo on that man’s arm was either a bird or a lotus….

“You don’t have to worry though, after that assassination attempt, this young master worked with law enforcement and we were able to eradicate the Lutos gang. The police were supposed to make the announcement in a few days, but I guess they are still tying loose ends.” Victor stated with a broad smile, making all those retreating journalists turn back hesitatingly.

“Is this information reliable?” she asked him.

“100%,” he said, as he sent Kai a message to fix things on his side. The Lotus gang was completely eradicated by the family forces after they attacked his mansion that night… He didn’t mind giving that credit to the local police department, maybe officer Lea would come back to her senses after this. Or better, maybe she would get a promotion and be sent to another city!

“Ahh…” Gloria didn’t know what to say. “What about the kidnapped girl?” she quickly got herself together.

“What kidnapped girl?” Victor asked.

“That witness’s cousin! Didn’t you hear him?” she asked.

“Oh, that one. Ask her yourself.” Victor said, relaxing in his seat as Margret approached the window and pointed her finger at the camera,

“Go tell my idiot cousin to go F*ck himself. When was I kidnapped? This young miss was employed as a secretary with a 6 figures salary!” she scolded angrily before she relaxed back in her seat. Then turned again, “Oh, sorry, he can’t fuck himself anymore…. Tell him to find someone to fuck him up instead. I will pay for it!” she spat, then sat back.

“You heard her…” Victor said, making Gloria frown… That bastard was making up stories. She didn’t doubt Margret’s identity as it would be easily checked if she was a fake…. Wait, a 6 figure salary? Was she only a secretary or was she performing other duties? She didn’t dare to ask.

“Sorry about that…. Do you know why reporter Jane made those allegations against you?” she asked, changing the subject out of embarrassment, she shouldn’t have believed that eunuch.

“It’s all because she is crazy, I stood her up, so she held a grudge against me,” he said.

“I am sorry about the misunderstanding…” she apologized again,

“Don’t worry about it… How about this, I will give you some exclusive news.” Victor said, adjusting his purple tie and facing the camera.

“What?” she asked,

“Listen up! This is exclusive for the 8 o'clock news,” he said as he watched the cameraman focus on him. “On the 20th of next month, this young master will hold his wedding to two very pretty women at the same time! Lady Lin Cross and Lady Nova Von Astrom. It will happen in the grand white hotel and will be the biggest event of the decade!” he declared proudly. He will make his father pay for it all.

Gloria paused for a moment to understand what he meant then asked, “Two women?” She wanted to be sure that she heard him correctly.

“Yes. Both of them love me dearly and this is completely legal, ” he said, nodding to himself, and steering the argument. He needs this to appear on the evening news.

“No, it is not!” She said in shock, this is common sense! “You are going to get arrested, this is a crime! ”

“Not at all… Look at section § 47q of the Nobel Rights Law of the year 1277. It clearly states that any man of noble origin can marry up to 12 wives and 72 concubines as long as he can afford to feed, house, and clothe them.” Victor stated from memory, making not only Gloria and the reporters baffled, but also Alex and Margret, who quickly used her phone to look up what he said,

“It’s true!” she said in surprise… There is a chance for her! She smiled and then kicked Alex’s seat from behind, She was holding a grudge over her toys. “Stop having that dreamy look. It’s not like he is going to marry you! You are a man!” she said, Making Alex return to her miserable reality and choose to remain silent.

“That law must have been long overturned! It's ancient!” Gloria complained after using her phone to read the entire thing... Then do a quick search on the current law.

“The current civil law clearly states that a man can only have one wife!” she said after a few minutes in which all the reporters were performing the same online research.

“Read the last sentence of that same bill. Section § 72e This bill in its entirety does not in any way or form constrain or affect noble inherent rights and traditions.” Victor said, “I am doing a traditional Marriage, not a modern one, so the ancestral laws apply.” He stated.

“There are no nobles nowadays…” she complained as she read the section he pointed to, her sound was weaker though. He was right, this damn pervert was right. She knew it in her heart but refused to believe it.

“The noble rights have not been revoked, even if we no longer used the old titles,” he explained, “Anyway, I will welcome you all to witness my wedding…. Alex, let’s go,” he ordered, making the car slowly accelerate and then leave the mountain as the reporters stood in shock trying really hard to understand what had just happened.

When Malcolm woke up that day, he could see that the sun was high up in the sky. He was still at the pub, in a room upstairs.

Last night, after all, the kids left to settle their grievances. Only he and that crazy girl Yin decided to stay here.

He had nowhere to go. His parents passed away years ago. And he had no other relatives.

He slowly washed his face then stepped downstairs to look for his new mistresses and Yin who were sitting around a table having some snacks… Lily was there too, eating some potato chips from under her veil.
They were watching TV with interest. It was a continuation of the heated discussion they watched yesterday before going to sleep.

“...As I was saying, that Jane Armstrong was crazy. She must have been playing a lot of World Of Truth. Didn’t you notice that her report is very similar to that game?”

“Definitely, but that does not deny that this is just an artistic expression from her. This is journalist art! The art of Fake news!”

“No, she is definitely crazy! Look at all of those allegations against honorable society members! Even the twelfth princess Pipi was not spared! This was clearly a lover’s quarrel. Even her father, the rightfully elected president, went out of his way to address this issue in one of his one every three years appearances yesterday!”

“Yes! That’s what I am talking about. She was helping those lovers…. Like the other one...”

"Don't mention the spider boy! it was a clearly fabrication using AI..."

Ivy turned off the TV after having had enough. she didn't want to see at all of those fake image analysis again.
“Come and eat, or would you like me to get you a dog bowl so that you can eat at the door?” she asked, teasing Malcolm whom she noticed standing at the door.

“Oh… “ Malcolm quickly went and grabbed a seat next to Lily, who frowned but said nothing. He was only a kid after all.

“I can’t believe they're handling this player thing like this…” Sky said,

“It can’t be helped,” Nora said, noticing Yin’s frown,

“Why are you frowning like this?” She asked her… She didn’t like Yin at all, she reminded her of a certain weird girl that was with them at the training when they were kids… That bitch was a bully who hurt her badly. It was Lily who came to her rescue back then, breaking that girl’s trigger finger and cursing her to get transferred to another division.
Yin had the same savage air around her.

“I…” Yin hesitated, but knowing that she must not anger Nora who was picking on her since last night, she decided to come clean. “I just think that they are hiding something… they are focusing on trivial things while talking very little about the true content of the report…” She said hesitatingly, making the assassin girls look at her with an amazing look.

“From where did you learn about the content of the report? They never mentioned it in the news,” Sky asked squinting her eyes.,

“I… Might have used the radio last night….” she said looking down. Some conspiracy channels were illegally broadcasting the entire report.

“Oh… Don’t act like that, we never forbid you from doing that.” Lily said this time looking at Yin with an approving look. Despite Yin’s very disturbing history, Lily really liked her for some reason.

“Um…” Yin looked back up. Noticing Malcolm who was in a trance, after hearing Lily’s melodic voice. Pervert!

“I wanted to wait until the others returned to say this, but I think it’s OK.” Lily said, “Players truly exist. That reporter Jane was telling the truth….” Lily said, making both Malcolm and Yin gasp.

“You mean there are superhumans like in games?” Malcolm asked, then paused as he watched Lily take out a throwing dagger and then bend it with her bare hands before throwing it at him. Making Yin to his side flinch a little.

“I am one of them,” she said as she watched him try to bend the dagger back. “We all are! In fact, the existence of players is a secret hidden by the world…” She said, watching the worried and amazed looks on both Yin and Malcolm’s faces.

“Listen carefully, you might have to fight Players in the future…” Lily said, then began to explain the existence of players to both of them.

Enjoy!

242