Chapter 241: Meeting Nova (2)
12.5k 60 261
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Victor took a deep breath, calming himself. Everything has a solution. He was able to tame Alex before, so he would definitely be able to handle this one too. He just had to make sure she was miserable enough for a few days, and as soon as he finished with the wedding, he would be shipping her to Tom. Express mail… Same-day delivery!

“Can I have a moment alone with your sister?” Victor asked Atlas, readjusting his plan.… No, that won’t work. He decided to try his primary plan first, if it didn’t work, he can always resort to his backup.

“Nope! Only an idiot would leave a fox alone with a chicken.” Atlas was not stupid, so he flatly refused, earning himself a punch in the stomach that shattered his lousy defense talisman and pushed him toward an inescapable needle in the butt. Moments later he was in a deep sleep.

Nova, who was acting tough. Heard the sound of her hateful brother hitting the ground so she nervously turned to look, noticing the collapsed Atlas and Victor who were slowly approaching her.
"Don't worry, he is just asleep," he said,

“Don’t come any closer!” she wanted to say, but the moment she looked at his handsome face, the words were stuck in her throat…. She was stunned. Can a man be this handsome?

“Do I look handsome?” He asked as he sat next to her. Making her flinch a little and move away, putting some distance between them.

“Nope…” she looked away with a slight blush.

“I know that you don’t want to marry me,” he sighed, surprising her.

“And you are still here… What do you want?” she asked as she kept pressing a hidden bell button next to her bed.

"I already disabled that," he lied, she was only pressing at the wood. The button was three inches to the left. "Don't worry, I am here to talk," he said.

"I see… " she didn't believe him. But being locked in here, she had no way to contact the outside world. The walls here were soundproofed like in every player's family basement.
She knew that her best bet now was to just play along and hope that her parents might notice if something was wrong.

Two weeks ago, her mother told her that her engagement to young master Wang of the sword sect was called off. She was jubilant and thought that the family would allow her to go free at last, but to her dismay, they didn’t. They just sold her to another pervert.
The chosen groom this time was none other than Victor Von Weise, the well-known pervert who attempted to rape his maid as a young man.

Her father’s enemies in the family were doing this on purpose to block any chance of him returning to power, And as she was his main heir with her high authority. They were targeting her!

She knew that her family might really punish her father if this marriage was not carried on and that she had no choice in this matter. But despite that, she still refused to cooperate… She was hoping for her prince charming to come to save her. She had already sent him a letter!

“I just want to tell you that I don’t want to marry you either… I was forced by my family!” Victor explained in a melancholic voice. She nodded, but couldn’t help feeling a little annoyed. No girl liked getting dumped so flatly.

“So what are you saying?” she asked, hiding her annoyance. Isn’t that what she wanted?

“How about we marry on paper only? This would satisfy both of our families,” he said, “I promise not to touch you!” he lied.

“You are lying, do you think that I am a five years old naive girl?” she asked. To tell the truth, in Victor’s eyes, she was no different from that… He was an old monster after all.

“I am telling the truth,” he said, flashing a charming smile that made her look away again in distress… To her annoyance, she was now more at ease after realizing that he was not after her body.

“You have no incentive to do that! You are scamming me,” she stated decisively, making Victor sigh…This girl was smarter than he had expected her to be. On top of that, her fate was seemingly protecting her from his charm. His first plan to lead her by the nose failed, he quickly switched to plan number two. Lead her by a rope!

“Well, “ he sounded nervous, “Truth to be told, I have a secret lover, and my family refuses to let me marry her…. And I know you have a secret lover too,” Victor quickly got to the point, making Nova gasp.

“How do you know that? Who told you?” she glared at her fainted brother. He was the only one who knew that because he was with her back then… Her scary mother who might have known would not tell anyone.

“I met that guy and heard him mentioning you… Although he only met you that one time, he thinks about you all the time! ” Victor lied, making her brighten up.

“Really? Are you telling the truth?” she asked, looking him straight in the eye… Why did she look familiar? He had never met her before… It must have been a deja vu.

“Yes… Absolutely… How about we make a deal!” he asked, opening a soul perfume bottle behind his back. He didn’t have much time and wanted to finish this quickly.

“What deal?” she was interested.

“As I said before, we will marry on paper only… At the wedding, I will replace you with my beloved girl!” Victor explained, “No one will know a thing, and you will be with your loved one at that time! I will deliver you to him personally!” he proposed, preparing to draft a blood contract for her to sign.

“That won’t work! I need to be with him openly, standing by his side and helping him fight his enemies!” she said with dreamy eyes, making Victor feel some nausea in his stomach imagining her with that peeping Tom.

“That can be fixed easily, I can divorce you in less than a year after we fake a fight…. No one would stop you then. Not even our families!” he explained nervously, why wasn’t the perfume working? She was only a level 0, she was supposed to be less defensive and more gullible. Unless he was suggesting something that goes against her principles she should accept his proposals after some persuasion.

“Absolutely not! I can’t tarnish my name by marrying you!” she said, making him a little angry… When did he become lesser than Tom?

“Why? Am I that bad?” he asked.

She wanted to say “Yes!”, but chose a more diplomatic answer.
“It’s not that! It’s just that I won’t be able to be one of his official wives as a divorced woman! No matter how much he loves me,” she explained, making Victor glare at her… what kind of logic is that.

“I am sure you will be his main wife, he loves you very much,” Victor repeated.

“His family might not like that…” she said quickly, shaking her pretty head.

“His family is a bunch of losers, you shouldn’t care about them!” Victor was losing his mind.

“How dare you say that about them! His father might kill you for saying such things!” she said angrily defending her loved one, the drug was affecting her.

“No he won’t, I don’t know what he told you, but Tom’s father is a salaryman!” Victor shouted, what lies did Tom tell her about himself?

“Who cares about Tom? I meant Young master Caspian’s father, Lord Silver!” she said angrily.

“No, he……” Victor paused.

“...” He wanted to say something else but could not find the right words, he just opened his mouth like a fish…. It took his poor brain 53 seconds to replace the blown-up fuses and then reboot.

“Come again? You mean you don’t like Tom?” he asked carefully, hoping that he heard her wrong. His plan was crumbling in front of his eyes.

“Tom? Do you mean that douchebag, Thomas Watson?” she asked and watched Victor quickly nod like a chicken,
“Why would I like that piece of sh*t… Damn him. That bastard raped me!” she screamed, not aware of the sweet smell in the room.

“Didn’t you stand in front of him to save him from your brother’s attack?” Victor asked, he was getting really mad now. This was going against his plans.

“Ahhh… Who said that! I was not saving him because I love him? I didn’t even sacrifice a thing. Fire attacks can’t hurt me! I was acting and scamming that idiot with a useless escape talisman so that he can lure my useless brother away so that I can escape!” She began shouting emotionally, “I wanted him to die for what he did to me! Who would have expected that the talisman that was supposed to be garbage would work and send that pervert a few miles away instead of a few feet!”

“Ah… I see….” he said. Victor would have expected that… Tom was a scion after all. Even an abandoned pile of feces might turn out to be some dragon remains if he inspected it.

Victor realized that he had made a mistake… A big mistake… It happened before… Nothing unsaveable… He just needs to send her to the other guy. What was the name of her lover again? Caspian…

“Hssssssssss….” Victor gasped as he stepped away from the bed glaring at Nova.

“What?” she asked angrily.

“The one you like… does it happen to be young master Caspian the Chosen of the Heavenly sect?” he had to make sure.

“YES!” she said proudly. Not realizing that she was giving away one of her secrets.

“Did you happen to communicate with him?” Victor asked nervously.

“I sent him letters!” she said, making Victor’s heart skip a beat.

“Did he ever reply?” Victor asked, thinking wildly. His mind was about to blow up again.

“Not yet….” she whispered looking away again, making Victor sigh in relief again. If this was a one-sided love, things can still be managed. Many people like that dangerous guy after all.
He could only glare down at Nova who was sitting on the bed looking away in embarrassment.

That’s when he saw it and what remained of his poor mind was blown away.

“Hsssssss!” he gasped again, pushing Nova down and then ripping her dress collar.

“Let me go!” she screamed and wanted to fight back, but due to the effect of the locking bracelet, she couldn’t use any power at all.

Victor completely ignored her fists that were trying hard to push him away as he glared at the flame-shaped birthmark above her collarbone. It was definitely the same.

She stopped attacking as she watched his face turn white before he quickly lifted her skirt and looked down. Inspecting her butt.

“What are you doing!” she yelled, pulling her skirt back as she glared at him… She no longer found him charming at all. He was a hooligan! A sick bastard hooligan!

“Checking if you have a tail…” he said, stepping back… She didn’t have a tail, but it was definitely her. Her birthmark was famous after all.

He should have known when he read that her fate spelled BURN THE WORLD! He should have known when he felt that he had seen her face somewhere! It was hanging in the building he worked at for 60 years after all!

The name he knew her by was not Nova von Astrom, but “Blue Flame of the East”. One of the four demonesses under the leadership of Demon Lord Caspian, who was nowadays being hailed as the noble chosen of the Heavenly Sect. That guy appeared to be human, but in truth, he was a demon in hiding. Biding his time getting stronger and waiting for the Reckoning.

It happened after the reckoning. After the chaos subsided. Caspian convinced his father, the head of the Heavenly Sect to lead a coup against the Von Krone family, who had barely managed to secure the imperial throne at that time, uniting all humans.

The battle lasted 20 years, engulfing most of the world in flames and misery. It only ended after the Von Krone imperial family paid a great price and with the help of a group of the most powerful Scions in the world, led by none other than Victor’s mortal enemy.
They were able to kill the demon lord and his cronies. Liberating the world and distributing the heads of the demons to be displayed around the world. They ended up as a decoration for the Royal library after the public got bored with them.

Nova’s face back then didn’t look like the current pretty one, it was all shivered up and had a lot of black marks due to the demonification process she underwent. But in some way, it held some resemblance.

No wonder she was a Dark Scion. The world must hate her guts. She was destined to be one of its mortal enemies.

And no wonder Tom didn’t have her in his diaries as Nova… He was the one who cut her head after all! Destiny works in some weird ways after all.

“Why would I have a tail!” she yelled at him, closing her ripped dress nervously as she watched his shocked expression change from fright to annoyance.

He didn’t answer. As far as he can tell she was not acting as a demon, but he can’t make sure without a demon detection artifact… She could be like Poe, a demon hiding in the public. A part of the Limbo Empire.

His plan was a mess… A big mess… He didn’t even know if his backup plan would work now.
What if that bastard Caspian decided to break into the wedding? That would definitely ruin all his plans.
Looking at his watch, Victor realized it was 7.57 He had no more time. He should make his choice now… Either to kill her or to make use of her.

Nova shivered as she watched him walk toward her again, his eyes had the word murder in them.

“I am really soft-hearted, do you know that?” he asked, not expecting an answer as he knocked her out.

“This is going to be messy,” he added, taking a talisman and putting it on the locking bracelet, taking control of it.

 

Ok, This chapter was hard. I rewrote it 5 Times. That's why there was no update in the last week... Each time i finished it up, I would read it then scrape it... Hopefully it was to your liking.

If you liked this consider a donation!

Enjoy!

261