Chapter 279: Got a Third
12.9k 52 254
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At noon a very suspicious black van slowly parked in front of a dark side alley that was designated off-limits by a few shredded yellow tapes… This area was in the middle of the slums so the black van was not a strange thing, the strange thing was the purple-haired handsome young man and the pretty red-haired girl who descended moments later. They obviously didn’t fit in this neighborhood.

“Hey pretty!” A gangster who was hanging with a few others on the side of the alley looked at each other with smirks before heading toward Victor and Margret.

“Honey! That man is hitting on me!” Margret quickly grabbed Victor’s arm in fear, as if she couldn’t just castrate those men in seconds.

Victor chuckled and looked at the man, intending to scold him, but he was interrupted.

“I am not hitting on you ugly bitch!” the youth cursed at the stunned Margret as he turned to Victor… “I meant you, pretty boy….” he said, licking his lips, his friends in the back also licked their lips and some passerby who also noticed Victor licked his lips…. Finally, Victor licked his lips.

Bang!

A gunshot passed by the man’s ear. It was Victor who took out his grand silver gun in a split second and shot… He wanted to aim for the man’s crotch, but this was a crime scene after all, and he didn’t want to contaminate it.

“If you don’t want a third butt, you better leave!” Victor said coldly as the man stepped back and then looked at his friends who looked at each other, then one of them turned around then turned back as he took his own gun and aimed it at Victor and shot without hesitation.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!
He shot, and shot but only hit the air as Victor who appeared as if the bullets passed through him, looked coldly at the terrified men.

Bang… Another shot sounded, but this time it was Victor who fired. The man lost his hand a moment later.

“Ahhhh…” the man screamed as he held his bloodied hand.

“RUN…” someone said and the men began to run away. They had no idea what just happened, but they knew they shouldn’t be here.

As they got far enough, their brains began to turn and think about what Victor told them… What did that young man mean by a third butt-hole? They only had one…

BANG
BANG
BANG
BANG
BANG

Victor, who was far from them at the moment, swiftly fixed the problem with surgical precision aim. Now each of the men, who were swimming in their own blood and urine on the ground, got a second butt hole…. BANG… The man who took out the gun and shot earlier got a third.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”
“Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh”
“Mamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”
“Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”
“Nnoooooooooooooooo”

The five men began to scream in pain as Victor took back his gun. He had been waiting for them to get enough from the crime scene.

“Isn’t this a little excessive?” Margret was not feeling sorry for them, but she had to ask as she felt a little shaken by Victor’s decisiveness.

“No. Those men are lucky I spared them. They were the ones who shredded the tape sealing the crime scene… They obstructed my work!” he said coldly, they must be a part of the gang whom the guys who died here belonged to. The tattoos matched the ones found on the bodies. They must have been hanging here, wanting to find the culprit who killed their colleagues.

“Oh…” Margret didn’t really understand why this was a crime, but she just nodded and followed Victor into the alleyway, where he slowly flashed his family token toward a strange plate on the wall. It was a high-tech camera that had been placed there to monitor the crime scene.

“What are we going to do here now?” she asked.

“Council mission, some brat who had just become a player, seemingly wanted to play a superhero… Nine gangsters were killed here a week ago…” Victor said as he clicked on the plate turning it into a screen that began to play everything that had happened since the Council agent placed it here. As he expected, some gangsters seemed to have come sniffing around and had already ruined the crime scene.
The plate also had the photos and reports of the crime, from the photos of the victims' charred bodies to the autopsy report. Other than that, there was nothing of value…

“Is being a superhero a crime?” Margret asked as she also watched the photos on the plate, she was not familiar with the council’s rules. She was given a book about them in the academy, but she didn’t remember every rule.

“No, being seen playing a super here is…. Especially if you are a player!” he added as he turned off the plate.

“Oh, Did you find anything then?” Margret asked.

“No!” he said, “But I know a few things about this case from my past life… So the investigation is just a formality,” he said as he began to look around.

“Oh…” she didn’t expect him to tell her that.

“My father took this case back then, seemingly, he fought some girl who wore a mask… He was severely injured because of her, but in the end, he managed to execute her,” Victor pondered. This was only her first appearance, back then his father kept tracking her for 6 months as she grew strong very fast… Her powers seemed to be his nemesis.

“Do you know her identity?”

“I never saw the report, all the information I got was from the curses my father threw at me when I went to check on him in the hospital…” Victor sighed, his father really treated him rudely back then, but now he understood that this was to protect him, Theodore didn’t want his enemies to try to use his powerless son against him.

“Oh…” Margret nodded as she pondered that Victor must have been through a lot too in his previous life. Although he refused to tell her his story, she had noticed that he would reveal some things to her every now and then, and that made her very glad, as she knew that she was the only one who knew his secret. Even Lily, whom Victor adores more than anything, had no idea about her young master’s secret.

“So what are we going to do now?” Margret asked.

“Follow the threads…” he said mysteriously, “Watch my back…” he added as he activated his fate eye skill and the inside of his eyes turned slowly into black and white concentric circles that began to revolve around.

The world turned dim with glowing lines all around. Fate threads.

Victor slowly looked at the ground, watching the threads intertwine and fade… One, in particular, got his interest. It was a little dim, but he could see that it was seemingly severing the fading ones.

It was probably the one he was after. As he could see no other interesting one.

He quickly activated his fate tracking skill, locking it at the line then turned off the fate eyes skills and collapsed on the ground to rest.

“Are you ok?” Margret asked.

“Yah… “ he said as he got to his feet a moment later, thankfully with his level now, he could somehow control his fate skills without a backlash.

“Did you find what you were looking for?”

“Positive… Let’s go,” He said as he walked out of the alley with her. The men were still there wailing, Victor ignored them as he climbed into the car with Margret and then drove away.

Victor slowly drove following the black thread in his vision, this was a thread connecting a killer to his victim and the crime scene.

Margret said nothing as she watched the car go through the streets. This place was the poorest area in the city. She lived in such places for a while back then, before she met that bastard Mr.X…
Victor drove casually until it stopped next to a middle school where the students were slowly walking out after a long day of doing nothing in the name of education.

“Hsssssssssss!” Margret hissed as she looked at Victor in shock, “You are going to kidnap a girl!” she said. No wonder he bought this car!

“Shush…. “ He glared at her angrily then turned back to look at the road waiting for his prey.

“Found it… the pretty girl with a ponytail and red ribbon…” he said as he began to drive the car slowly following the girl who was walking home. She obviously had no friends. And from the worn vag on her back, she was clearly from a poor family.
Victor waited until she was far away from school to drive near her slowly.

“Hey little girl!” he spoke to her, as he drove beside her.

She looked at him vigilantly, stepping a little away from the car then asked, “What?”

“Are you interested in working as an idol? I am recruiting for Horizons media….” he said as he inspected her.

NAME: Ren Stinger
LEVEL : 0
CLASS: Thunder Avatar, SSS
AUTHORITY: 5
Strength: 61
Agility: 63
Intelligence: 25
Luck: 17
Charm: 37
Order: 10
SKILLS :
AVATAR INSIGNIA, SSS
Thunderbolt, S
Thunder escape, S
Electrify, A
Thunder Affinity, A
Threatening Aura, E
Cooking, F
Dance F

FATE STATUS
FATE’S POWER: C
NO DEFINED FATE
DESTINY LIST < 10 ORDER POINTS TO UNVEIL>

No wonder his father suffered at her hands, this girl was an Avatar!
Avatars are a certain type of class where their owners have complete mastery over a certain element, they are a very troublesome bunch as they could use their element to attack and escape… That’s not the most important thing, the really crazy thing about them is that their strength Intelligence, and agility attributes, didn’t depend on the system to go up, they had their own growth requirements.

This really explained why his father was almost killed by a little girl back then.

“THAT BRAT WAS USING THE ELECTRICAL WIRES TO MOVE AROUND ME! I WOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED BY HER, IF NOT FOR GEORGE WHO USED HIS FIRE TO MELT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!” That’s what his father said.

Victor really wanted this one… She would be a great addition to his loli collection!

Ren looked at him but didn’t respond, then turned back to the road and began to continue her trip. She was not in a hurry though, she planned to test him to see if he was a bad guy… And that’s what Victor wanted, if this girl escaped, capturing her would be a pain in the ass.

“Come on girl… Don’t let that beauty of yours go to waste!” Victor began to speak to her as he drove beside her. He also made Margret secretly take a photo of her and send it to Kai. Everything about her was transferred to Victor’s phone moments later as she totally ignored him and continued to walk without responding.

“Can you hear me?”
“...”

“Do you know how pretty you are…”
“...”

“I have some lollipops here, do you want one?”
“..........”

“Listen here… I plan to assemble an idol group, you will be number four!… You must hurry and take this offer before I find someone else…” he began to speak as Margret who sat beside him wondered if he had done this before… Did he have experience in kidnapping little girls? Probably….

“Idol group…. There are others?” Ren finally spoke as she looked at him.
“Yes! They are as pretty as you, I am sure you would be good friends….” he said with a perverted smile that fooled no one, “Do you want to join them? I will give you a lot of money as a down payment, you can buy all the pretty and expensive things you want…” he added as he stopped his car.

“Ah…” Ren paused, then looked at him, “Ok… But I want to see the money first…“ she said as she approached the van fearlessly. She really thought of herself as a superhero.

“Hop in!” Victor said as he unlocked the back door and opened it to show her that there were no other people there.

“Money first!” She said as she stood her ground. She didn’t plan to escape with the money though, Victor knew that she was planning to fry him with her thunder, so she was planning to secure the money beforehand.

“... Fine….” Victor said after some hesitation, he took out $5,000 from the dashboard and threw it to her… she was shocked, she had never seen this much money in her life.

“Can you come in now? The others are waiting…” Victor said.

“... Yes….” she said after taking a deep breath and encouraging herself. She already defeated three groups of gangs and bullies and saved some people. This one will not be the exception!

She slowly climbed into the van’s back seat and sat down and looked around, planning her attack plan. This would be her second time attacking a kidnapper in a car… The inexperienced girl had no idea that this cheap van was made out of plastic, there were only a few disjointed metal parts made of aluminum. It would be very hard to escape or utilize her power in this place!

254