Chapter 1 New Family
652 11 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Western District of Steinriver City.

The night wind was blowing a bit chilly, even though it was not a wee hour of the night. At this time of the year, was the coldest one along the year. There were not many people who were still active outside their homes anymore. They were taking shelter from the cold night that seemed to bite into their bones. Only a few were forced to be outside. Those who took the ground as their bed and the sky as their blanket, that group of pitiful vagrants. No matter who, they would shiver in this kind of weather.

But there were also some groups of people that had to struggle with this unfriendly condition, all night long.

In one of the residences with several buildings complex and a fairly wide area of ​​the surrounding courtyard, the activities of the guards seemed to never slow down. It's a contrast to see, considering how other people even avoided the night breeze. But these people faced it head-on as if they couldn't feel the cold, which of course was wrong. They shielded themselves by using layers of fabric and animal fur just to protect their bodies from the cold night.

If it was just a normal day, they could just relax a bit, doing their job as best as they could. But not this time. They had to make sure that not even an inch of earth escaped their notice. Not a leaf fell and a branch swayed without confirming that it was all the work of a naughty wind that was not content to only play with their body temperature, but also with their nerves.

'This damn cold,' a few of them repeatedly cursed at the night that did not want to compromise. Of course, this situation will not let their guard down till the last drop of blood… ehm, that's too much, at least until there was a direct order to take a break from their master, that's it.

The same thing happened in the main building. Even though it was a night like this, usually there was a change of shift for the servants, none of them were willing to rest first. Even though it was no longer their time of duty, they were in a state of readiness in case their capable hands were needed. But what for?

A middle-aged man was moving back and forth in front of a door to his resting area. His brows continued to furrow in worry. Occasionally he looked towards the door, wanting to break in. But he restrained himself, at least for now. He was not alone there, around him there were several servants and two other men who, judging from their attitude that seemed to put extreme respect, and perhaps a bit of fear toward the middle-aged man, might be his subordinates.

At least they didn't dare to make any noise, so the man could focus on his worries without being distracted.

Sreett… The sound of the door sliding open from inside.

“Master, Lady has given birth to a boy safely.”

The man's body trembled slightly, then his shoulders dropped releasing its tension. His smile ear to ear, this was the news he was waiting for. He couldn't restrain himself anymore and rushed through at the door.

"Is there something wrong with my son?"

The man asked about his newborn child to an old woman who helped his wife's childbirth. The old woman's face frowned slightly, looking at the baby wrapped in clean white cloth in her hands.

At first, he wanted to approach his wife. However, after finding that she was still being handled by several maids, he chose to check on his baby first. Coincidentally, he found the midwife's expression frowning. It made him a bit nervous.

“Master,” the old woman bowed slightly in a salute, “This baby didn't cry when it was born. At first, this old woman was worried that something might happen, but after being stimulated, he reacted normally, but he still didn't cry a bit."

"Give him to me."

The middle-aged man received the baby very carefully. The baby's skin was still rosy with many wrinkles on his forehead, a cute one. He could feel the movements of the little one's limbs even though his hands and feet were restrained by the cloth. So far the man didn't find any abnormalities in his son.

"You've done well, you can take your leave."

"Yes, Master."

After finding his wife finished with the maids, the man motioned for the others to leave the room, giving the husband and wife some private time. He approached and sat on the edge of the bed, right next to his wife.

The mature woman who had just been so silent to give time to her husband, and herself, watched the two people she loved, begin to speak. Her voice was soft and motherly, but tiredness couldn't be covered from her voice.

And sure enough, when the man looked at his wife, he felt so sorry and worried. Even though his wife had been helped by the maids, her face was very pale and there was a little sweat on her forehead. His wife sat on her side leaning against the headboard, with several bundles of soft blankets under and covering half of her body.

Quickly the man approached, without much of a jolt to disturb the little one in his arms.

"How are you, honey?" noticing his wife's slightly heavy breathing, only added to his worry.

“A little tired but I will survive, maybe,” realizing that her husband did not catch her joke well because his facial expression had changed for the worse, Alisa quickly continued, “It was just a joke, dear. Now let me hold my little champ."

Feeling the warmth of the little one's body in her arms, with her husband sitting nearby, she felt very satisfied, as if nothing else could make her happier than this.

'But something is missing.'

Just when such a thought crossed her mind, the bedroom door slid open, accompanied by a shrill voice that was very childish, and quite ear-splitting.

"Where's my brother, where's my brother!" followed by a little girl who barged in. She's small and delicate. Her footsteps were quick and light, but a little unstable, so everyone who saw her would be worried that the little princess could fall at any moment.

'What a loud noise!' murmured the husband and wife. Funny thing was, their son thought the same thing, only he didn't catch what the voice meant.

The mother felt the baby in her arms jolt a little, rocked him a little while not forgetting to reprimand her daughter who had just barged in.

“Rosalind, lower your voice. You scared your little brother."

Rosalind who was slightly scolded did not pay attention to her mother's words. Now, her stare was fixed on the little figure in her mother's arms.

Feeling she couldn't see clear enough, she approached and tried to climb the bed, using her small limbs with much difficulty.

Garreth chuckled at his daughter's antics. very lovely. He decided to lessen his daughter's efforts short, picking her up and placing her on the bed right next to her mother.

Rosalind grumbled a little, feeling helpless at the short reach of her arms and legs. She couldn't do anything about it, though. But soon she was distracted from her little unhappiness.

Her eyes lit up with curiosity at the new member of her family.

"Why is his face so red, mother?" Rosalind asked, without taking her eyes off the baby.

“He was just born, that's normal. All babies are like this, over time he will change to normal,” the mother replied while slightly changing the position of her arm's position so that her daughter could see better.

"Why doesn't he have a hair? Will he grow bald like Uncle Goto?" Rosalind inquired again

"Certainly not. You were also born like this," the mother's reply was curt.

"Impossible! Look at my long, beautiful black hair, there's no way I was bald, even as a baby. That's just so ugly!” Rosalind shook her head vigorously. Such a thought was something she denied to imagine, even if it was her as a baby.

"Then, is he sleeping? Why is he moving so much, he is dreaming, right?” Rosalind, who couldn't run out of questions, kept popping them up with new ones.

"Hmm, I don't think so. It is normal for the baby to move a lot. Look at you, aren't you the same now?" her mother smirked, teasing her daughter, who couldn't stay still.

Rosalind pouted, dissatisfied with her mother's teasing, "Then why did his eyes keep closing, hey, my brother... Oh yeah! What's his name, mother?"

Realizing the most important question, Rosalind asked with earnest.

Alisa did not respond, just cast a glance at her husband. Rosalind also saw her father. The husband who had been just smiling, watching the two exchange words, finding himself got the attention of both of them suddenly.

He thought for a moment and didn't answer right away. He looked closely at his son. From his eyes glittered with hope, hope that only a father had for his son.

"Let's call him Aria, Aria Archduke."

.....

'That surprised me! What a loud noise!’ he jolted in surprise as if his heart was about to leap out of his chest.

Fortunately, his body was being held back by something he didn't know; but it was very comfortable, soft, and warm. Otherwise, he would probably fall.

But the voice became quiet a little, still audible, but not as loud as before. Along with the other voices, it seemed that two women, one adult, and the other child, seemed to be engaging in a dialogue. They sound very near. It was just...

'I don't understand anything! Did they use such a foreign language? What is it? Ugh, and this, why is it so hard to open these eyelids! For God's sake, these are my eyelids, did someone put some glue on them?!'

Uncomfortable, he squirmed with all his might, putting his full effort into this one task.

"He's squirming harder, does he feel uncomfortable?" continued Rosalind, “Hey, hey, Aria, wake up, wake up! Your sister is here, open your eyes,” Rosalind said in a childish tone, not forgetting to poke his cheek.

"Can I kiss him, mother?" Rosalind pleaded.

"Yes, on the cheek. Don't be too loud, be careful with the head," The mother gave an ok.

"Okay dokey!"

*Smooch*

‘Hey, who kissed me?’ Aria was surprised because someone seemed to have kissed him. At the same time, he felt depressed like he had been abused when he was so powerless.

But out of nowhere, coincidentally he seemed to get more energy and managed to open his eyes, albeit slowly. Slightly uncomfortable with his first glance, he blinked a few times to the blurry vision.

'Three giants?! Oh, no, two giants and one little giant!'

When everything was clear, he found three people within his range of vision, and they were huge. They seemed to be reacting to something. Yes, it was him. Because they were all just looking at him. Even though their reactions were different, he could recognize the aura of happiness oozing out.

And at that moment he was sure that he, who was a baby now, and they were his family. Yes, although previously he had suspicions, but only now was he convinced.

Wanted to do something, as a greeting, but stopped at something. He's a baby, and a baby had only two jobs, to eat and to sleep. And that's how he felt now, hungry and sleepy, double-check.

'Unlucky! How do I tell them?! I don't know a baby language, and I'm sure they don't either.'

He didn't know what to say, and indeed he couldn't say anything; Aria could only sway his tiny arms around while making baby sounds, something that was considered embarrassing for an adult… hm, adult mind.

“Oh, look, he opens his eyes! Hi, I'm your sister, Rosalind!” Rosalind was very excited. The parents were no less happy too.

"His eyes can immediately focus on us, as expected of my son!" Garreth said proudly.

"Of course, my son is the best," Alisa also said happily, continuing, "And he's babbling right away, he's smart. Okay, you two, it's been a while, he needs to be fed first."

Rosalind couldn't help but pout, her bonding time with her brother had to end. She couldn't do much, after all, her mother and little brother needed a rest.

.....

Aria was relieved that his message was delivered. Although he was a little nervous about his baby's life ahead, did he has any other choices?

Soon he began to drink milk from his mother. It didn't take long for him slowly began to fall asleep.


Energy source detected!


'Eh?'

18