Chapter 6 Soul Enlightenment Ceremony (Part 2)
308 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time and everyone who would participate had gathered, the ceremony began.

Neville Archduke as the Patriarch gave a dull speech, if any longer it would be possible for many of these children to fall asleep. Knowing that his speech had received such a response, Neville couldn't help but smile bitterly.

'These bunch of unfilial kids! Sigh, they really can't appreciate this old bones' good intentions!' he could only grumble to himself. Immediately he cut his speech short and left the next procession to his younger brother, Neal Archduke, who was also the First Elder of the clan.

"Alright, all of you who will be following this procession stand up! Come to the front of the podium!"

Immediately after the First Elder's instructions, many kids aged six years and over began to stand up one by one and follow his guidance.

"Your turn, my dear," Alisa encouraged her daughter.

“Wish me luck!” Rosalind nodded vehemently. After taking turned hugging her parents, and also not forgetting to give her annoying brother a stinky glare, Rosalind followed the crowd towards the podium.

Aria just smiled after being treated differently. He counted dozens of brats moving forward, no more than thirty. It was an amount that exceeded his expectations. This kind of ceremony was held almost every year.

Only a few times could not be held when there were no younger generations who were aged six that year. Moreover, this ceremony was specific for the internal of the clan, so it was certain that the dozens of those kids at the front were direct descendants of the Archduke Clan.

“There are a lot of young people this year,” Garreth said, watching his daughter moving with the crowd.

"Has it always been this many people every year?" Aria asked.

"I don't know. Just like you, this is also the first time I come to witness this," his father shrugged his shoulders, "This question should be answered by your mother."

"Yes, your father is right. This year, the amount is more than the previous year. This is good news for your sister,” his mother joined in their small family discussion.

"Why is it good for big sis?" Aria didn't understand his mother's statement.

“Of course, it's good! Your sister definitely won't get bored with many kids her age. She may be able to make a lot of friends, especially within the clan," Alisa replied, "You should make friends too, don't always stay alone," not forgetting to advise her son while stroking his head lovingly.

Aria knew his mother's good intentions, but he didn't want to bother socializing with those immature brats. Perhaps later, after they had grown up and no longer snot-nosed kids like now, he would consider including them in his social circle, he thought.

Didn't want the conversation to turn and focus on him, he continued, "But with many people, it's harder for the clan to nurture them better, right?"

Both parents stared at their boy with wonder. They didn't think a child his age could have such thoughts.

"Why would you think like that?" Garreth was curious about his son's thought process.

“Of course, look! If I have ten fish, I could eat them all myself for one day, so I won't be hungry for the day. But if I have to share it with you, dad, mom, and big sis; even ten fish won't be enough for one meal, which means I'll be starving all day,” his expression was so serious when explaining his logic.

'So, it's back to his fish again!' it was something that crossed their minds.

'And don't compare us with you, we don't have any eating hobby,' the corners of their lips twitched after seeing Aria's expression turn slightly darker. Perhaps he was imagining a day when he would starve to death.

"Oh, so you are not willing to share your fish with mother?" Alisa responded by pretending to put on a hurt look.

“No, you must be joking, Mother,” Aria frantically refused, not wanting his mother to get too deep into her acting, he really couldn't handle it.

“That's just an analogy! Yes, just an analogy!” he continued quickly.

Garreth laughed, “Your line of thinking isn't wrong, son. But there are some things you forget to consider. Firstly, Archduke Clan's resources are far greater than you might think. It doesn't matter if the number of kids doubles or triples, The Clan can still handle it.”

Garreth continued, “Secondly, the talent and hard work of the kid himself. Material resources are indeed necessary, but to create an expert, say, like your grandfather, the talent and effort of each individual are much more needed. Continuous effort and discipline determine how far you can go, and with better talent, can make it easier and faster.”

“Thirdly, these children will not necessarily be the focus nurturing of the Clan. Although talent is the initial benchmark and can be passed down to the next generation, again, it's just a probability. Anything can happen," he paused, watching Rosalind from a distance, "and may your sister be blessed with good fortune."

Alisa nodded, agreeing with her husband. Despite her outward appearance, she was quite tense. She hoped for the best but also didn't want her daughter to be disappointed if it didn't live up to her expectations. What's important to her was Rosalind to keep her cheerful and bubbly personality, everything else she didn't care about.

“One more thing,” Alisa added, “It's a good thing to pump the Clan with new blood. And even if they all turn out to be exceptionally talented, even though it will be very difficult for the Clan, they will still be welcomed with open arms.”

While Aria was listening intently to the lecture delivered by his parents, at the front, the procession was starting.

…..

"Listen carefully. Every name that is called, comes forward. Place both of your hands on this crystal ball."

"Remember! Whatever you feel, don't let it go! Close your eyes and concentrate, feel the changes happening in your body! After that there will be further instructions, is that clear?”

The first elder gave instructions to the brats in front of him. Usually, it would be very noisy, with some of them would start acting unruly if they were gathered like this. However, this time was different.

Either because their parents were watching them from behind, or the higher-ups of the clan who were watching this time put on a rigid and scary face for the children, like the old man in front of them. His face was solemn from the beginning. He didn't even put on a smile. Maybe these kids realized this wasn't the time to be stupid.

" Okay. Let's begin. Albert Archduke, come forward!”

A lanky boy who was standing two meters to Rosalind's left flinched at the sound of his name being called. He was part of Rosalind's social circle obviously.

He moved forward with nervousness, approaching a transparent crystal ball that was twice the diameter of his head.

Inside, there was a two-inch dark black stone, with an uneven surface, but somehow round in shape. He knew this stone, it was called Soul Stones, it's just that this one was bigger and look very uneven, not processed at all.

“Place your hands on the crystal and close your eyes,” the First Elder instructed.

"There's nothing to worry about. Take a deep breath and relax your body,” he encouraged with a softer voice when he saw this boy following his instructions, only from his tightly closed eyes and the occasional quivering of his fingertips, he could tell that this child was a little tense.

After making sure the boy followed his instructions, the First Elder placed his wrinkled right arm over the boy's head. He began to circulate his spiritual energy within himself, transferring a wisp of it into the boy's body with extra care.

This process functioned so that the child's body could react and begin absorbing the energy from the Soul Stones. While the crystal ball served to filter out the energy radiation emitted by the Soul Stones, making it more suitable for ordinary people to absorb. But this was a time-consuming process.

Not long after, it was seen that there was a distortion of light around the boy's body. Seeing this, the First Elder nodded and pulled back his arm and watched the changes unfold before his eyes.

The other children watched in amazement. Some of them were familiar with this process and had witnessed it before. But they didn't make any noise, so as not to disturb Albert, maybe he was the only one who didn't notice the changes around him.

The distortion of light was like a mirage, but not caused by heat. It was a natural reaction that occurred the first time one awakened one's spiritual space. This phenomenon was called spiritual projection.

From this spiritual projection, one could determine his affinity and perception. Spiritual projection would display various kinds of view, whatever it was called affinity. It could be related to an element called elemental affinity; a weapon called a weapon or tool affinity; a creature called a beast affinity; or other unusual phenomena.

Meanwhile, how clear a spiritual projection was, showed how good the perception was. These two things were summarized as talents.

The process of forming the spiritual projection was still ongoing, with some distortions getting wider, creating a two-meter domain around Albert.

Many of the onlookers started to guess what kind of affinity he had, but the older generation could already guess with a single glance. Simple, because they were the Archduke Clan. They were just waiting, how good this kid's perception would be.

Two to three minutes later, this spiritual projection stopped changing. There was a small plant; it's not clear what kind of plant it was because it looked a little blurry.

The First Elder who felt that it was enough, announced, “Spiritual projection has stabilized. The main affinity is plant or nature element. His perception is intermediate level. Next."

That last part was for Albert. He opened his eyes, looked at the First Elder who gave him a sign to make space for the next person. He turned around with his head slightly lowered, in contrast to his anticipatory self earlier.

"He looks so disappointed, is his talent that bad?" Aria muttered.

"Not really. After a few turns he will return to normal,” Garreth replied. He implicitly indicated that most people stood at the same point, or perhaps worse.

Aria nodded in understanding, then looked up again, “I understand about affinity. What it looks like, that's affinity. But how can his perception be categorized as intermediate level?”

This time it was Alisa who answered, “It can be seen from the clarity level of the spiritual projection."

"We can see a small plant, it's just not very clear what plant it is. If we are not familiar with the plant in question or not asking the person directly, we can't find out. Such a state indicates that perception is at an intermediate level.”

“Lower than that, when the appearance is so blurry that any object can't be distinguished. Only the difference in color composition is visible. Even under such circumstances, it will be difficult to determine affinity without certain experience or methods. That one is low level.”

"If objects can be distinguished in great detail, clearly visible like real objects in front of us, this is called high level," Alisa finished her explanation. Then she gave her husband a glance, who just smiled back at her.

"Just that? Mother, are you playing riddle with me again?” Aria curled his lips. He was suspicious of his parents who glanced and smiled at each other in front of him.

"Shushh, just watch, wait until your sister comes forward," Alisa ignored her son's words. She just pinched his cheek slightly and turned her attention back to Rosalind's figure. Aria could only be disgruntled in discontent.

One by one they took turns forward. Some were mediocre, many were disappointed, and only one returned with a proud smile.

The girl named Layla was the only one who had the highest level perception of all the advanced ones. She was the second daughter of Alisa's eldest brother. And from the smug face she showed to Rosalind, it seemed that the two of them didn't really get along well.

“What a cocky brat,” Aria judged her immediately.

It was Rosalind's turn. Unlike the others who were walking nervously and expectantly, Rosalind was leisurely hopping towards the First Elder. And without being instructed again, immediately put her hands and closed her eyes. The old man just smiled, and unceremoniously put his hand over Rosalind's head.

13