Chapter 7 Big Sis, The New Tyrant
298 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time the change happened so fast. Just within a few seconds, several beams of light appeared out of nowhere.

Not only that, unlike before, in the middle of her spiritual projection, a tree projection appeared. No longer a young sapling, but a very big, grown tree.

Everyone who witnessed it was shocked because what happened this time was so different and far more spectacular. Not only they were amazed, the beams of light that suddenly appeared also stung the surface of their skin, giving a warm feeling to those who standing so close.

"This…"

The First Elder was the one who was most affected because his position was the closest to Rosalind, witnessed and felt the changes taking place in front of him very clearly. Now his expression changed to surprise, staring at the little girl in front of him as the source of all this commotion.

“The appearance of a large tree and the light,” the First Elder muttered absentmindedly, still unable to shake off his shock just now.

He stretched his arms forward, trying to reach the light not far from him. He felt a ray of light falling on the surface of his hand carefully.

The beams of light were not stationary at all, they appear sporadically without any pattern. And like having a pulse, the light would change from weak to strong alternately. That was quite a view.

“This warmth is very real,” First Elder was sure that his skin's sense was not deceiving him, indicating that this light was not a mere illusion and pseudo-suggestion. The conclusion he got made him even more amazed.

"So, what do you think?"

First Elder looked to his right, towards the source of the voice. Now, he was not alone, several Clan Elders were already approaching while closely watching the ongoing phenomenon. That voice came from one of them, the Patriarch.

Now he was standing at the very front, together with the First Elder. He stood quietly, his arms crossed behind him. His expression was normal when he asked that question, but from the sparkling look in his eyes, he should be feeling excited.

'Keep pretending,' First Elder snorted inside, feeling sour and envious at his big brother's fortune.

“The scope of spiritual projection this time is wider and more intense, one of the best I've ever seen."

"Moreover, her trigger time is much shorter, I suspect this granddaughter of yours has also awakened a special physique that matches her affinity very well or some kind of physique that strongly supports her spiritual energy."

Patriarch just nodded while listening to his brother's explanation, acknowledging his opinion. Especially when he heard his brother mention the word 'your granddaughter', an immediate sense of pride welled up inside his chest, causing him to grin widely while puffing out his chest slightly.

First Elder chose to ignore his brother's moment of pride, as he continued.

“And the sight of this large tree and those beams of light, I'm sure she has a major elemental affinity for plants or nature, but I'm not so sure about this minor affinity in the form of light…”

“No, you are wrong,” Patriarch cut his words off immediately.

"Huh?" First Elder was confused.

“Both are major affinities, for that, I firmly believe,” the Patriarch continued, looking up at the appearance of the towering tree in front of him.

“Both?! Patriarch, this… do you mean dual affinity?!”

An old woman who was also a Clan Elder directly asked, trying to confirm her doubts. She and several other elders, apart from having their eyes fixed on this rare occurrence, also carefully listened to their conversation.

“Yes, although dual affinity is a rare occurrence, not even a single person in decades can appear in the Divine Sword Empire, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's just that neither of us has ever seen or heard of it so that it never crossed your mind at all."

The Patriarch paused for a moment.

"Even in the long history of our clan, it was only recorded once in the annals of our ancestors. Who knows how many hundred years ago it happened."

Then he looked at his granddaughter with tender and loving eyes, "I feel very grateful to have a chance in this life to witness this rare occurrence with my own eyes.”

'Above all, it was my descendant who did it,' he said inside, feeling a sense of honor.

“Then,” First Elder trying to clarify his doubt, “What are the affinity of these two?”

“Based on our clan's historical records, the clan member who awakened dual affinity many years ago also experienced almost the same thing, with one of the phenomena being beams of light like this, just a different type of light.”

The Patriarch continued seriously, “He awakened the bloodline of the Moonlight Elf.”

“Moonlight Elf?” First Elder muttered softly, “Moonlight with silvery light. Well, it seems different from the description, does that mean she awakened another type of bloodline?”

“That's possible,” Patriarch shrugged his shoulder, he wasn't even sure.

“It could be that she evoked another bloodline that was opposite…” He slowed his words, with a thoughtful look as if something had crossed his mind. Then he set his gaze on the group of three on the spectator seats, but focused more on the adult male figure, "Or a combination of unexpected fortunes."

“What do you mean, Patriarch?”

"Nothing, after all this is a blessing to the clan," he gave no further explanation on this matter, "Why don't we just wait quietly so as not to disturb the little one?"

None of the elders who had been discussing among themselves would go against the suggestion of the Patriarch. They fell into silence and waited patiently, while First Elder made a sign for the others to calm down and wait patiently too.

…..

The uproar that occurred in front could not be separated from being the subject of discussion for the small groups formed in the hall. It was no exception for Aria and his parents.

This unusual phenomenon sparked his curiosity, and his parents explained not much different from what his grandfather had told, but with a lot of fewer details.

"So, big sis has become more powerful?" Aria inquired while observing in more detail the rare occurrence.

"Of course, are you jealous?" asked his mother as she stretched her hand to pat her son's head.

“Why should I be jealous.”

Alisa smiled broadly at her son's mature thought, only to be stiffened by his next words.

“I just wonder if big sis with her new power and swelled up pride will become the tyrant in the house from now. That will make me the victim who will suffer the most. Mom, you have to cover me in the future.”

“You naughty brat,” Alisa was so amused by her son's words. With a flick on his forehead, she frightened him, "You shouldn't tease your sister so much from now on, or else she will make your words come true."

“See, you just agreed with me too."

"Quibble, you smarty-pants."

Aria became serious again, "So, why did she take longer than the previous kids?"

"She's focused on her spiritual space, sometimes the more obvious the changes someone's going through, it takes longer to digest the various kinds of information he receives. This is essential, and if disturbed and awakened before fully digesting it, it may be missing out on a valuable opportunity,” Garreth explained.

"What kind of opportunity?" Aria inquired deeper.

"Who knows, only she can tell," at first Garreth was reluctant to explain more detail, but the stare from his son as if he would not give up, he sighed as he continued.

"An enlightenment, what are the changes that have happened to him, it is not limited to spiritual space only, but also his physique, how to develop it in the future. A lot of things are possible, and most of them are also just the direction but it isn't worth to be missed."

"Oh, that sounds very vague, not practical enough."

"What do you have in mind, what do you expect?"

“There are many, and they are all very practical,” Aria explained the various things that were going through his head one by one.

“None of them are in material form, while for all the types of abilities you mentioned just now, none are overly exaggerated. All of that takes time to be pondered and learned step by step. They don't come out of nowhere."

"As for physical changes, that's a different story. You can get it through your efforts through assimilation, but in this case, it comes from heredity.”

"So it's true that our clan is descended from the Elves?" Aria asked to make sure.

"That should be true, it's just, how the story started, it's only written in the clan history records," Alisa explained this time.

"You can see for yourself, since earlier all major affinities tend to lean towards plants or nature, regardless of variations and abilities of each individual."

Alisa smiled as she showed her right hand to her son which then emitted green light, covering her hand up to her wrist. Aria who witnessed was quite marveled at the sight.

"What is the function of that light in your hand, mother?" Aria was very curious.

"This light can heal external wounds to a certain extent and also reduce certain mental disorders."

"Oh? A healer then? Such a useful ability,” he was surprised his mother had such a unique ability. He had no idea because he had never seen his mother display such capabilities in front of him.

“That's right, your mother is a very capable healer,” his father added.

"How about you, father?" Aria was curious about his father.

"Your father is good at fighting," this time it was his mother who replied, but the way she said it made it sound like her husband was just a thug.

“Oh, as expected, typical of a man,” Aria responded flatly, unimpressed after hearing from her mother. The corner of Garreth's lips twitched as Alisa laughed amusedly.

“Then what about Big Sis?” Aria paid no heed to his father's reaction.

“I don't know, from this phenomenon she has two affinities. To be specific, maybe your grandpa can explain. You can find them both if you have time. But remember, for your sister, you can't force her to answer, understand?"

"Aye aye, Mam!"

…..

“Dual major affinity, plant or nature and light element. Superior level perception.”

That was what the First Elder announced after Rosalind seemed to start opening her eyes. The announcement made many people gasp in admiration, especially children her age who joined this ceremony. Some were amazed, some were jealous, like the previous girl named Layla.

Even though people were noisy and talking about her, Rosalind was still in a daze, her eyes still out of focus. First Elder didn't force her like the few children before, he treated her differently.

"How are you, my dear?" Rosalind was taken aback by the question from the Patriarch, who smiled at her.

"I'm good, Grandpa! I feel great,” Rosalind answered with her sweet smile.

"Nothing wrong, then? Well done! Now you can go back to rest. Oh yes, congratulations. That was a superb performance.”

Rosalind rejoined her friends. Immediately she was greeted with congratulations and many questions from them. While answering them one by one, she did not forget to look at her family and waved at them excitedly.

There were still a few people behind Rosalind who had yet to get their turn, but due to their lackluster performance compared to her, not many paid attention except for their respective siblings and parents.

Before lunchtime, everything was finished. Again, they had to listen to the boring speech of their Patriarch, so they could wrap it. After separating from her friends and being held back by her grandfather who said a few words, Rosalind came to her family.

"Hey, sweetie. What a great performance earlier, congrats!” Alisa welcomed her daughter with a tight hug and kissed her on the cheek.

“Nice job, pumpkin!” Garreth also congratulated his daughter.

Aria was the only one left, he didn't immediately act the same following his parent's example. He just stood there, thinking about something.

"So, no words from my beloved brother, huh?" Rosalind was the first to say something, with her smug face.

"Oh, not really. I just wanted to know if I give you my congratulations and hugs, can you spare my fish next time?” Aria spoke what he just thought, joking a little while touching his chin.

"Oh?" his sister imitated his style, finding his words worth a second thought.

“That is a wonderful suggestion. Well, I've decided, you don't have to congratulate me. In exchange, I will have a portion of the fish in the pond back at home.”

Aria muttered, “See, my guess was right. We haven't returned home yet, now big sis has become a tyrant."

15