Chapter 6: Tea Time With The Ladies
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc nodded towards Luna and then began making his way over to one of the picnic tables. It was time to make his rounds. 

He didn’t need to watch the fight that was about to unfold to understand how it would unfold. 

Sera would rush forward and try to pressure Yue with her quick and aggressive sword style. Yue would be pushed back at first, but would be nimble enough to avoid any significant damage—just scratched a bit. 

Sera’s blade was nimble. It could come from multiple directions at once, and it could somehow phase through obstructions. If someone tried to block her blade then it would be their body that got run through. 

If someone tried to gain distance, then she could switch her combat style to one that used drawing techniques. It was a technique between magic and aura. She would coat the blade with her energy and when she drew it, that energy would be sent flying at her opponent. 

Yue, on the other hand, focused solely on aura. He was a martial practitioner that used his body over weapons. He would enhance his body and nimbly avoid every attack before closing the distance and striking his opponent down. At the moment, Sera had no reliable way to pierce through Yue’s defenses, so it was only a matter of time before Yue found his moment. 

Arc spotted a familiar figure with silky black hair, she was watching the fight unlike Arc. It was Elizabeth the Villainess. She was the first year student representative, the vice president of the student council, and the sole heiress of one of the five dukedoms of Aoi Torii. 

Noticing Arc, she turned her head slightly. She took a sip of her cup as if unbothered by anything. She had no issue splitting her attention between three different things: Sera and Yue’s battle, her guests, and Arc.

Next to Elizabeth were two nobles, both children of counts subordinate to Elizabeth’s ducal family. Although unlike other large noble houses this relationship was more tenuous. The Faylight Dukedom didn’t officially bind any other aristocratic families to serve under them. 

Besides the nobles, there was also the son of a merchant family. He was giving his opinion on the equipment that the various combatants were using. He was particularly interested in Sera’s sword, a product of the Black Swan group she belonged to.

Arc pulled a chair over and pulled it towards an empty spot and joined the four of them. There were also three servants, one for each of the nobles, but they were standing without speaking.

The only one to note was Elizabeth’s servant, a man with light blue hair that gave off the scent of herbs. Although he wore a standard black suit, he belonged to the alchemy department. Arc knew his name was Kal Arvensis. He was one of the best potion brewers in the second year class. He would occasionally whisper something to Elizabeth.   

A man with curly brown hair turned to Elizabeth when Arc sat down. He frowned and seeing that Elizabeth didn’t reprimand Arc he decided to stand up. Although he didn’t voice his disdain for Arc, his furrowed brow made it obvious. “If you will excuse me, Elizabeth.”

Elizabeth clicked her tongue and waved him off with her hand. The man bowed and then left with his servant. The one that was the son of a prominent merchant hurried off after him. 

“Will you be staying, Anu?”

“Ugh…. y-yes…” The girl’s freckled face turned as red as her hair. She played with the braided end of her hair with one hand. Her gaze was focused on Arc’s face.

“So your name is Anu?” Arc rested his head on the palm of his hand, “What a pretty name.”

He pulled out a box of chocolate and handed it to her.

“Ah, th-thank you.” She sort of reminded Arc of a small mouse. 

“Don’t bully her too much.” Elizabeth turned her full attention to Arc now. Her eyes shined with a speckled gold hue, “I didn’t see you at orientation…. It seems the rumor about there being a ‘bad boy’ in our class was true.”

Anu’s face turned a deeper shade of scarlet when Elizabeth put emphasis on the words ‘bad boy.’ 

“What can I say, I grew up in the streets.” Arc took some of the snacks lying on the table and didn’t hesitate to munch on them in an unrefined manner.

Elizabeth looked him up and down. “Your… pedigree leaves much to be desired; it truly can’t be helped, I guess.” She didn’t ask Arc to leave or insult him harshly. The rumors Arc had heard of Elizabeth described her as a thoughtless and rude lady that got everything she wanted because of her background, but Arc confirmed such things were senseless gossip with one close look. 

“Maybe you could help me?” Arc took one of the tea cups. “One on one.”

Anu had an intense glare as she focused on a spot on the cup that Arc picked up. Her lips were pursed slightly. When Arc wetted his lips, she gulped. It had been her cup.

“It tastes good.” Arc mumbled to himself. 

“I brewed it…” Anu’s quiet voice squeaked out.

“Then I hope you don’t mind if I join you another time.”

“Please… do…” She began to fan herself, unable to look at Arc’s face any longer 

Elizabeth tilted her head at the display but ignored it. “One on one… you say… I saw you with Sera earlier… Now, you're flirting with my subordinate right in front of me… and still you make your intentions towards me. I’m not sure if I should feel insulted or complimented.”

“Well you are all pretty.”

Elizabeth laughed. “Well, when do you want to begin?” Her playful gaze seemed to be eating Arc right up. She even licked her lips slightly.

“...”

“Didn’t you know I’m quite the bad girl myself.”

Anu gulped so loud that everyone at the table turned to her. She hid her face with her fingers before getting up. 

“Ex-excuse me!” She ran off. Her maid bowed before sprinting off in pursuit. 

“Kal, if you don’t mind…”

“Yes, my lady.” The blue haired servant that smelled of herbs left, leaving only two people at the table that used to have six. 

“So, truthfully, why do you do it?” Elizabeth leaned forward. 

Arc scratched his neck. As he expected, this woman was trouble. Still, even though he was secretly sweating, he tried to stay composed.

“Rumors are often deceiving aren’t they? Don’t you think, Miss Villainess?” 

“It is true.” She smiled. “Most people are idiots.” The wind seemed to respond to her words and her black hair fluttered in the gentle breeze. She moved a strand of hair that blew over her eyes, which were now completely golden. 

Elizabeth turned her head towards another direction. “I stand by what I said about private lessons. We will be seeing each other a lot, and I can’t help but pity what your performance will look like.”

“If it would save you from displeasure—’

She interrupted him. “It would. There is nothing I hate more than being forced to witness incompetence.”

Elizabeth, as the scion of a ducal family, like Arc, was also taking classes in the administration department. They would be sharing quite the few classes together. 

From the direction that Elizabeth had been staring at a clamor began to ring out through the area. 

The Third Princess was walking side by side with the rumored Demon Princess that was also attending this school. The Demon Princess wasn’t just any princess though, but the possessor of the title ‘The Emperor’s Daughter’ — signifying she was the heir apparent for the Obsidian Throne. 

Umikai Von Ignis, her name was known in both the human and demon world. She had already participated in active battle and earned a noble peerage rank of baroness—a rank right above an untitled lord.  

Both of the Princess’ walked with immaculate precision and grace. Unlike Sera, who wore her uniform like a delinquent, the two had flawless decorum to compliment their confident strides. However, although Umikai had the perfect image, there was one thing.

If Sera looked like a delinquent then Umikai sounded like one. “These bitches just won't buzz off.”

Diamond, the Imperial Princess, smiled back at her. She patted her on the back. “There, there, your big sister is here. Let out all of your grievances.” 

“Tsk.” For some reason there was a blush under the Demon Princess' green eyes. 

Arc could sort of see how they could be taken as siblings. Diamond had ocean blue eyes that matched her white hair. Umikai, on the other hand, had dark blue hair that resembled waves.

In a way, Diamond was like the airy sky and Umikai was like the deep sea. One was cute and the other appeared mature. Yet, it was the cute one that wanted to claim the position of eldest. 

Whatever the case, both beauties were approaching Arc and Elizabeth. It seemed that Arc wouldn’t even need to make rounds at this rate. Of course, that would be no fun. He had to at least flirt with a dozen women before the day was done. 

“Hey you.” Umikai pointed at Elizabeth.

“Yes?”

“You're supposed to be some bigshot right?”

“I guess?”

“I want to go to the big dungeon that you have here.”

Elizabeth tilted her head. Her golden eyes shined clearly, but she only looked confused. 

“Yes?” was all she could say. 

Diamond frowned. “I told you there is nothing like what you describe here.” 

“No, I can sense it.” She sniffed the air. 

“We already checked out all the dungeons at the academy.”  

“You think I’m a liar. I don’t care if you're the daughter of the Jade Emperor, I’ll still slap your ass!” 

“No, you won’t. You're a big softie.” Diamond hugged Umikai, who was almost an entire head taller than her. 

Umikai blushed again and stiffened up. 

Elizabeth and Arc looked at each other. They communicated with each other without speaking. 

They both asked the same question:  ‘What did we just witness?’ 

Arc, of course, had already connected the shadow that followed the Imperial Princess to Umikai, so he could make sense of the scene more readily than Elizabeth. 

“Anyways, sit down and enjoy some tea.” Diamond said. 

“I’d rather go and spar. Surely not everyone is weakling here.” Umikai began looking around as if searching for such a person, but in that process her eyes landed on Arc. The man was known for being a womanizer, not his strength. 

Arc made sure that was how his image was maintained. Yet, the Demon Princess began approaching him. He struggled out of his seat.

“Chocolate.” He held out a box with an unsteady and uncertain hand. 

“Not right now.” She didn’t deny it. That had to be positive. However, before Arc could be happy about that fact, she began to sniff him. it wasn't just once but multiple times. She circled him while frowning. 

This was a first for Arc. His muscles became stiff and he felt goosebumps form all across his skin. When she was done circling him, she placed her head right in front of Arcs. Their foreheads were practically touching. 

Arc looked around at the other women. They had confused expressions but didn’t interfere. 

“Hey do I know you?” Umikai asked. 

Arc, who was still looking at the other two women, saw their expressions change from confusion to understanding. 

‘Wait I’m not that big of a womanizer!’ He wanted to cry out. ‘Wait, why did the Third Princess also show such an expression? You barely know me… aren’t you judging me too quickly?!’

Arc stepped forward and pivoted around her. When he was behind her, he took three quick steps backwards and grabbed the chair that Elizabeth was sitting in. He crouched down and hid behind her. 

“Nope, I don't think so.” He leaned out slightly, “I remember all the women I have been with.”

Seeing her about to say something, Arc added, “Especially a woman that is as strong and powerful as yourself.”

Arc had paid attention to the dynamic between the Third Princess and the Demon Princess and decided to describe her as strong rather than beautiful. It seemed to work.

“Well, I mean… it would be kind of hard, I guess.” She scratched the back of her head with a shameless expression. 

“You should look for a student called Hunter. People sometimes refer to him as the Fisher King. I’m sure he will provide you with some entertainment.”

“Is that so?” Umikai looked at Diamond, who nodded. Smiling, the Demon Princess went to go find this ‘Fisher King.’

Hunter had become somewhat of a legend in the first years. He had appeared out of nowhere. Almost all students had attended a secondary school before coming to the academy, but not only did Hunter not do as such, there were no records of him.

It wasn’t even clear how but he strode into the exam and although he wasn’t supposed to participate, he achieved top marks by mercilessly beating everyone at the same time. 

When his energy levels were calculated, his aptitude came in first out of all the incoming students. He was a complete monster and Arc would have to find a way to allow Yue to compete against him in the future.

If Sera was a rival that Arc placed next to Yue to help his growth, then Hunter was the distant and lofty peak that Arc pushed to the side.

Elizabeth looked at Arc and then coughed. “Are you going to stay there?”

“No, I think I'm going to be on my way.” 

“Is that so? I can’t help but be a bit disappointed.” Elizabeth raised her hand towards Arc and he grabbed hold of it and kissed it. “I really don’t mind the prospect of raising you,” she said. 

It was Diamond’s turn to cough. “May I join you, heiress of the Faylight Dukedom.”

“Please.” 

Arc let go of Elizabeth’s hand, and turned to Diamond. “Here are some sweets I made for all the pretty noble ladies. Please share them with the Demon Princess.”

“Thank you, I will do as such.” She had a warm smile. Her calculating nature could not be seen on her face. 

Arc left just as Sera with her maid and Cassius, Yue, and Luna arrived at the table. Both Sera and Yue were covered in bruises. 

Arc was sure some kids from the alchemy department would soon race over to try and advertise their products given the amount of figures gathered at that table, but he couldn’t be bothered. He still had plenty of sweets to give out. 

In a way, Arc was like the alchemists and crafters that were busily moving between the training grounds and the picnic tables. While they were selling their skills in the forms of potions and magical equipment, Arc was selling his services. 

He was confident that his good looks and amicable personality was the better networking card.

2