CHAPTER 22
289 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For 10 minutes master and Charles talked, while I just sat there hoping I wouldn't be insulted again. Sam needed to travel to Ventus city and she was traveling with some rare ingredient. Pirates had gotten word of this and she was a target out at sea, they still didn’t know who leaked the info. Master was both trusted by Sam and his ship was was armed. So he would be bringing her there and back, it appeared he could also do mercenary jobs as well as fish. They talked over the details and then we left, I was so happy to be outside and away from that place.

“Master, thank you for protecting me. They acted like my presence was insulting, I’m not a rat.” I started to cry again.

“Its okay, you know I love you. Your my slave and I wont let others talk down to you. I’m going to tell you about pirates since you probably were going to ask me about it” he said.

I nodded and as we walked back to the park he told me.

“Some where out in unknown waters there are probably islands that various pirate groups hide on, they steal all their supplies I think. Within imperial waters is mostly safe from them but not 100 percent, neutral and unknown waters are very dangerous in terms of pirates. But Sam has something they want so she is extra nervous.” I was told.

We sat at the park for a few minutes and talked “We never ate last night or today, your probably hungry.” he said.

“A little but I didn’t want to say anything, we were busy today.” I replied.

“You can speak up if your hungry, wont always guarantee food but you can ask. Because this is a long trip I save money by eating less because gas is not free. I should have let you know ahead of time, sorry.” he responded.

“Its okay, I’m your slave so I don’t want to get in your way. I love you master.” I said as I leaned against him.

“Your a good slave Lin, don’t let others make you feel bad.” I was told as he patted my head.

“Lets get some meat that’s not canned while were here, follow me.” I was told and we walked back to our boat but stopped to eat on the way.

We entered a run down looking restaurant with all plastic tables and chairs, the wood sub walls inside were not even painted and the tile floor was in bad shape. We sat down and were both handed menus, limited food options and not the kind of meals I was expecting.

--------------------

MESSIS DELIGHTS

MENU

grilled beef heart-52n

cooked beef liver-48n

cooked bone marrow-30n

tripe soup-30n

squid fish-20n

tuna-22n

----------------

The name was very misleading, lots of organ meats. Still it would be fresh food and nothing canned or cold. Given all the options I went with the liver and master went with heart, I didn’t know what tripe was.

Both our meals came on thin metal plates, and the food was cut before being cooked witch was nice. As I expected we ate with our hands, forks and knives added extra cost I guess. My liver tasted ok, it was a little tough but was warm.

Master wiped his hands on his pants so I copied him, then he paid and we left. We returned to the boat and I was told we would leave a little before sunset to refuel and drop off our catch from yesterday.

“Master how is the squid fish not going bad down there, its not refrigerated.” I asked.

“After killing them, you have 2 days before they need that, its weird how squid fish can not go bad for a while. Some other fish can to but not most.” he informed me.

We sat on the bed until it was time to leave.

 

Sorry ch 22 is short.

3