CHAPTER 23
271 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was just setting as we left, we traveled along the island and I looked out the window. More docks and buildings, every once in a while there was a nice looking part. The sun was now half set as we pulled up to another dock connected to a large sheet metal building on land a ways back. The fish was collected like last time and master was payed, then we continued on.

The sun had now set and I kept looking out the window, now you only saw the lights from the windows but It was fun to look. We pulled up and docked at anther dock but this one had large tanks connected to hoses with a strange device at the end. Master unlocked the fuel cap and turned the boat off then went down to open it, more people came and connected the hose. Master payed them and we left, I had some questions though.

“Master, how do they know when the tank is full in refueling?” I asked.

“There is a sensor sticking out at the hoses end that goes in the tank and when it is hit with fuel the pump stops. There is a wire running along the hose connecting the pump and sensor, a dip stick can be used to confirm.” he told me.

“Have you ever heard the story of giant flying birds, I have never seen them like most people but a few claim to have seen them. Hard to make out any details since they fly really high.” he asked me.

“No” I responded, could be a bird or more made up stories.

“Some have said they serve Ardenti Oculus, while others have said they serve Neptune. Then some like myself think there just a rare bird to spot.” he continued.

Giant birds could exist, squid fish were a thing after all. Master turned on the radio and put on music in Latin, i wondered if there was any in English. After a hour of sitting i got up and stood behind master, i pulled myself tight against him.

“Master how can you afford to take a break from fishing for side jobs like this? Also do you do other side jobs as well?” i asked.

“Yes i will do other side jobs like this one Sam is paying us for, i will also ship stuff for people without guest on board. In regard to payment, if you hire me i charge a lot. I make more on these jobs than fishing even including fuel and travel cost. Sam especially pays me well.” he told me.

Do you like this empire and how its run?” i continued.

Mostly but i think there are serious flaws, also i hate the wealthy. They have seemingly endless amounts of money and indulge in luxuries while looking down on most people. They think so highly of themselves while doing nothing to help those below them. The senators are no better, i was homeless as a kid for 7 years while some have there slaves wear gold. So when there slaves accompany them in public they can show off there wealth and power. The military fights for the empire while remaining non citizens, its possible but rare to earn citizenship through the military. I did but i did something special” his voice getting a little angry.

“What did you do?” i asked nervously.

I saved a high ranking general from those yellow tentacles, and for a selfish reason. I could have saved several people who fell in the water, one person i left behind had a newborn child. He was born while his dad was fighting and now Will GROW UP WITHOUT HIS DAD! Another was hoping to start painting when she left the military, i saw some of her work. It was good and she could have been successful, the rest i didn't know or talk to. Yet i saved that bastard for myself, me who grew up without knowing who my dad was then lost my mother at 10. I remember the look on her face when i left her behind, she was furious at me. Not because i left her behind, but because of who i saved. He was the least deserving of being saved, and in the end i got called a war hero. I was granted citizenship and had my life improve, also it was his fault that ship sank. His plan was bad and the enemy took advantage of that but he got to live because of me.” he told me angerly.

“I'm sorry master, i didn't mean to anger you.” i meaklly said as i let go and walked back a little. Then we hit a wave and i fell on my butt.

“Lin I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself. Please come back here.” he said while changing his tone.

I did and he continued, “That's enough of that for now” he said.

I was curios how he hurt one of those tentacles but i would ask later about that, “Master i think your a good person, you have been so nice to me” i told him.

Tha...ank you Lin” he responded while holding back tears.

If you got another slave, they would be a secondary slave right? I would still be your personal slave and the only one you have sex with, right?” i asked him.

“Yes, of course Lin. There is no replacing you and i don't think another slave is in my budget anyways. Even if they are cheap, i have to clothe and feed them and that can add up. Your so helpful i don't need another one.” He told me while petting me. I smiled while he did that, his response made me so happy. I loved having someone who wanted me around and cared for me, it truly felt good.

“Master, if we ever had a child it would be free and not a slave right? Also i would get to raise it, even if I'm a slave?” i asked.

“Yes but we cant afford a kid right now, maybe in a few years” was his response.

What do you know about Denelopis” i wanted to know more if i could.

“Not much, they have a king and royal family with absolute power and that's it” he told me.

The ride to our destination was long, we kept talking as we traveled.

 

3