CHAPTER 27
225 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, would you want Sam to cut your hair and dress you. It would give me a break and you seem like you might like it.” I was asked.

“Maybe, it might be fun as long as I trusted her. I think right now she would kill me.” I responded.

“How much did you cost?” she asked.

“100 nuras if I remember.” I said.

“That’s cheap, I cost 600 nuras. You were probably going to be killed if you didn’t sell, that’s common for budget slaves like you.” she told me.

“At first I was terrified as I sat naked in that metal cell, after enough time passed I wanted to die. I wouldn’t learn to enjoy sex like they wanted so after I forget how many days they gave up. Master saved me and I enjoy sex with him but that all happened later.” I said.

We talked about other stuff for an hour or so until we were called up and Sam walked towards me again, I panicked.

“Sorry about earlier, I have heard your a very loyal slave. And Dan told me already about you to, so you don’t have to be nervous around me. I just have to try harder to win him over.” she told me. What happened, she hated me at first but now she was friendly with me.

“Its okay, I been treated far worse. You scared me but that was it, but I’m happy your treating me nice now.” I told her. I was happy but still curious what happened in an hour and half between them to have Master change her view on me.

“Maybe later I can cut your hair properly so its not a mess.” she told me while touching my hair.

“Hey I did just fine.” Master said directly to Sam.

“No you didn’t, but its okay I can fix it for her. She deserves at least that, I’ll do it for free.” she finished.

Sam stood next to master while he drove, me and Sarah sat on the bed while they talked.

“The senate wanted to increases the tax on cocaine but the military said no, it would be to much of a pain to enforce.” Sam said while talking with Master.

“Plus the troops love celebratory cocaine with there vodka for special events. The military's budget already is strained so that would hurt them more.” Master responded.

I was confused, the military saying no to the government. I asked Master how that could work “Master, how can the senate be told no by the military?” I asked.

“This empire has how its governed on paper kinda, but that’s not how it actually works. There are 4 branches of the government practically speaking and they are the senate, the emperor, the military and the slaving industry. The emperor and the senate work “together” to make laws and govern the empire but the military governs itself and routinely will say no to laws. Either refusing to enforce them or refusing to follow them because they don’t want to. And the emperor and senate can’t tell them what to do because the imperial military out numbers the senators private fleets and the emperors personal guard. Combine that with the heavily armed population who hates the senate and out numbers them, so they would aid the military.” he told me.

“This empire is barley politically stable and if the unofficial way its run ever changes a little, civil war would break out in no time. Technically the emperor can ignore the senate but he practically has to work with them. Since they can declare him an enemy of the state for abuse of power and kill him, its risky to do but if he is unpopular enough with the military, the wealthy and the common person then he can lose power. The imperial family is important and more popular then the senate in general with the common person. The senate on paper represent the people as anyone other other then slaves and freed slaves can run and vote. But its really hard for anyone other than the wealthy to run so in practice they don’t. The military is like 95 percent free non citizens so they represent the people as those in the military also hate the senate and don’t forget where they came from. The military would rather side with the people, if they had to choose. There motto says they serve and protect the empire witch in practice means the people and sometimes the emperor if he is popular.” he continued.

“This empire sounds like a mess.” I said.

“Correct, the slave industry is the weakest but since slaves like you are needed for certain jobs and they do the enslaving. They get a say to, the common person benefits to as well but barley. Nothing is illegal to own really since the government knows that the common person doesn't care about the law and will happily break it. So instead they tax everything, people agree to pay them in exchange for every thing being legal. The senate is happy because they rake in lots of money, but know they could easily lose power if they go to far. Since they like there wealth and power they don’t push to far and that gives leverage to the common population to threaten violence and disregard the law if the freedom we have is threatened. Every one has something to gain from the system except slaves, and since if civil war ever broke out the empires power would be threatened. The emperor and his family would lose power, the wealthy and the senate would lose there wealth and power and the common population would lose our freedom if the empire lost power, civil war is avoided and no one pushes the system to much. That is what holds us together, barley that is since there is little social cohesion in the empire.” he finished.

“The rich have a culture and religion of there own basically, since they don’t care for the wolf god and the spirits at all.” Sam said to me.

“What is there’s?” I asked.

“Money, themselves and there ancestors are there gods. There culture is one of showing off your money as much as possible to one up each other. Its stupid and I hate it, my parents are also part of it. I pretend to care in public so people buy my stuff but I hate them all, I enjoy my wealth but I really don’t care to show off. I want more than money to define me plus I’m happy with my wealth now. I don’t need more money, a lot of wealthy think the opposite.” Sam finished.

Sarah didn’t dare speak, Sam was fine with me speaking freely but not her. Weird to show favoritism to some one else's slave.

Sam walked over, and patted my head “Your so curious, its cute. You can also ask me questions to Lin, I wont get mad.” she told me.

I smiled as she said this, she was now acting nicer than my mom ever was to me. I always wanted a kind mother figure in my life, could she finally be that person.

3