CHAPTER 30
212 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few more minutes had passed and it looked like we were in the clear for now, still the turret was empty so we were defenseless until we reloaded. Plus if I got hurt again in a more serious manner than I couldn’t operate the 50 cal until tomorrow at least.

Sam pulled the blanket from under my legs and covered them, she was actually taking care of me in a way I think a mother would. Maybe I was wrong but I had never known what a nice mother was like so I couldn’t be sure. She stayed with me and wouldn't leave while Sarah sat on the floor and stayed quiet, she was clearly upset with something.

“You feeling better, I can help if you need something.” Sam told me.

“Can I get some water?” I asked.

“Sure, Orange get a bottle of water from the fridge.” Sam ordered Sarah. She went to the small fridge and got one and handed it to Sam.

“Took you long enough, now sit back down.” Sam told her next.

I was handed it and started drinking, I probably should have got some water sooner. I was happy to be lying in bed at least, wasn’t the best bed ever but still.

Master stopped the boat and went down to reload the 50 and harpoon gun, after a few minutes he came back up and kept driving. We kept driving and master intentionally alternated his course a little to help avoid another fight. We kept traveling and then the sun started to set, Master told me to get up and get back out on the 50 after I put my pants back on. He would sleep while Sam took over driving, the top mounted lights would stay off. I was told the camera and monitor for aiming had night vision and that would make it so I would see. He also quickly re bandaged my wound before I got dressed, it was feeling better but when he reapplied everything it stung again.

I got on and Sam turned on the night vision, I was scared a little of something coming out of the water and grabbing me. It was probably because of how dark it was outside, I honestly wanted to keep lying in bed. It was colder out but I had work to do, I got nervous whenever I heard something move in the water.

Luckily as we kept traveling there was no enemy’s human or other that gave us trouble, later that would change a little. I saw one of those yellow tentacles rising out of the water and heading towards me, I stayed calm. The underside had small round suction things, I didn’t know what it was called. I thought of using the harpoon gun to make less sound but when another was coming out I changed my mind. I fired short burst at the under side and if I aimed at the suction things the tentacles instantly retreated down in the water. Thankfully after that nothing else came to visit, I stayed up most of the night and was getting a little tired. I did at least answer my question on how Master saved that general, they had a weak spot.

I was honestly both scared and bored being out here right now, still we had to be ready if we were attacked again. I wondered what Ventus city would be like, I got the feeling if Sam was going there that it was a wealthy city. I was prepared to be talked down to again, I think that Master was to since he knew what most wealthy though of him. Funny how a person and there slave could both be considered trash equally by those at the top. Even if I was freed, I would still be looked down on by society since I would be a former slave. My neck would have a scar or mark and the bar code on me was never coming off, I could never hide my past from anyone. Still as long as I was with Master I was happy, he would look after me. Funny how I never even thought of him by his name, he was my master and owner so I always thought of him by his title. Still being owned meant I was wanted and he took care of me so I was happy.

 

Do my characters act believably? (Not asking if you think they are good or bad people.)
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
4