CHAPTER 80
196 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had stopped sitting together by the time those two came back, I was lying on the bed while Dan talked to them as they came up to the second floor.

“So how was all the preparation for tomorrow?” he asked Ryan.

“Good, everything is ready for tomorrow, it takes several hours to finalize everything for a several hour meeting. I’m going to sleep right away so I get as much sleep as possible since I leave early in the morning.” he told him.

“I get it, ill keep the music off and tell Lin to get off the bed. You can use it tonight and ill use your sleeping bag, but just for tonight.” I heard him say.

“Lin get up and let him sleep there.” I was told.

“Yes Master” I responded.

“Why was a slave on the bed?” He then asked.

I remained calm as Dan told me he had this, still I was nervous still I couldn’t lie. I did like that I would get to sleep on a mattress somewhat on this trip.

“She will be essential in defending you if something happens, so I let her get some rest. I want her to be as well rested as possible just in case.” Dan explained.

“Okay that’s fine, it seems like she deserves that privilege.” Ryan told him before walking over.

I felt better right away as he said that, he lied down after I got up and told Dan one more thing before going to sleep. I honestly didn’t know what he was going to say but at least I was confident it would be nothing to do with me.

“B33 listen to Dan while I rest, behave as ill ask him tomorrow how you were. If needed beat him a little Dan but try to avoid that, he can go to sleep when you do and Have him help with something if you want.” he finished before going to sleep.

“First off B33 don’t stare at my slave or threaten her, you will regret it. Am I clear?” he ask him.

“Yes sir.” he responded.

I hoped he wouldn’t try anything, still with Dan present I would be fine. Then me and B33 were told that we would help clean the floors since he had 2 slaves to help him. I was ready to do as told and B33 hesitantly agreed then we went down to the first floor and cleaned.

It wasn’t that bad compared to other times, this was not unusual for me to do but the other slave was barley trying but still was technically working. Dan was very nice considering how little he was working, still he reminded him to work harder.

“I know I’m not your Master and you hate me and Lin, I’m not blind to that but still try harder.” Dan told him and kicked him gently.

He grunted and then put more effort into in, this went on for slightly over an hour then we went to sleep ourselves. I did like how Dan was a generally nice person to most people and even to some one else’s slave when they weren’t working hard, I then finally got to get some sleep.

We all got up early and I felt no energy but forced myself to get up, I wanted to make Dan look good in front of Ryan. He thanked Dan for giving up the bed for a night and got ready to go, he triple checked all his stuff to make sure he brought everything.

“Good luck in a room that even Hades would be afraid to enter.” Ryan was told.

“Thanks, also I have to ask how he was last night?” he responded.

“Fine, he helped me and Lin clean the floors.” Dan told him.

The look of relief on B33’s face was obvious as he heard what Dan said, then they left and we were heading out again apparently. I wasn’t sure if there was some one else to meet with or he just wanted to walk around. I hoped this trip wouldn’t have any more repeats of last time, we ran into her and had to see him again. At least the casino wasn’t a bad visit, it actually was kinda fun but I didn’t want any more of that.

I asked this time why we were heading out, I was in the dark yesterday and I wanted to avoid that again. I knew he told me as needed but I was getting tired of that, I really want him to tell me more.

“Dan where are we going today? I would like to know ahead of time today.” I asked him.

“Yeah I can let you know, yesterday was full of surprises even for me so I understand. So the plan today was that we go to the Emperors square, there is a giant statue of the wolf god and other statues as well. I have never seen it before and this is the last free day, starting tomorrow we will be busy so lets not waste time.” I was told.

We left and as we walked there everything was fine unlike yesterday, I was curious just how tall they would be. On the way there we were near a child that was a little to loud while with his parents, once I heard him for a few seconds I instantly hated him and just wanted to walk faster. Dan didn’t speed up so I just held in my anger as we kept going.

“Mommy, mommy.” he said in that annoying kids voice, I was ready to fucking shoot him if I could get away with it.

“Now behave until daddy gets back with Callum, okay. They should be back any second.” his mom told him while looking so fucking happy.

Then something bumped into me, I looked down and it was another child who looked back at me. I was ready to snap when he went from looking confused to frightened, I had already decide inside to kick him away. I didn’t care if his parents yelled at me, I wanted him gone.

Then suddenly Dan gently kicked him away and walked in front of me, “You the brats father?” he ask a man nearby.

I was surprised by Dan but also happy that he did that, I didn’t know what to do so I just let him handle this.

“What was that for?” the mom screamed at him before the man could answer while holding the other child.

“Yes I am, was that really needed?” the man asked Dan. While the kicked child stood up and ran to his mom.

“Of course, you clearly are not teaching him to watch were he is going. Bumping into people and there slaves is not needed, he will be fine. He didn’t even cry so I guess your doing something right considering how much you probably baby him, look at how your dressed. Where you going, a formal dinner or a walk with your family?” Dan told the father.

“Don’t comment on my child, I’m sure you did the same thing when you were his age. What would your father think if he saw you right now?” he responded and Dan went silent. I was snapped out of my confusion and was ready to speak up myself, the fucker was unbearable to listen to.

“Lin we are leaving, now!” I was told aggressively and he grabbed my arm and walk away with me while that family comforted there kids as if they went through something. I still wanted to say something but forced myself to keep silent as he hoped to end this scene and calm down.

Finally when we got far enough away and found an alley to cool off in we entered, and there wasn’t any poop to step around. He was still silent so I spoke first while still not being over the encounter myself, “You know, for some one who wants to avoid making a scene today you sure did the opposite. But thanks for kicking him, the other child already pissed me off so when I was bumped into I was ready to kick him.”.

“I know but I was also annoyed by the first child but not as much, however I knew you were on edge so I figured it would be better if I kicked him. Also I did want to do it as well I cant deny that, we both got a reminder of our childhoods. You got to have your mom with you growing up unlike me but I wont say you were lucky to have her. We both hate seeing or hearing about what we didn’t get, then that stuck up bastard had to speak up. His child was roughed up a little that’s all, then of course they had to show off in those expensive clothes while he assumed me or you had a father present as kids. The second he said that I knew we had to leave before we both lost it, you were ready to speak up or worse even if you are a slave.” he told me sounding agitated still.

“Yeah, I was going to until you dragged me away.” I responded.

“Your were so pissed off, your face alone said that much. No matter how many years go by we still struggle with this issue, its kinda pathetic but still we know how we feel.” he continued finally sounding like normal.

“Yeah.” was all I could say, he was right after all.

“Well at least we wont be having a kid, all the unprotected sex we have and you don’t get pregnant. You might be infertile and I’m pretty sure that’s the case, the slave shop would have kept you for auction if they knew.” I heard him say.

“If that’s the case then why do I get my period every month still, I am happy I’m not getting pregnant don’t get me wrong. If your right then I would love for them to stop, they are terrible some times.” I told him.

“Can infertile women still get them?” he asked.

“I don’t think so but I’m not sure, I should know this but I don’t.” I told him. My mom didn’t help my understanding of anything and I didn’t ask her.

“Well lets get to where we were headed, no point in turning back now.” he told me and then we finally left the alley and kept going, moving on from what happened back there.

-Rome: existed for a long time then falls (Byzantine Empire counts as it was the Eastern Roman Empire continuing)

-people writing stories many many years later: what if Rome came back or people decided to go beyond larping and try to recreate there society (fall out new Vegas Caesar's legion)

-me: makes a Roman inspired society but adds in other stuff so I’m slightly different in my approach (when both Caesar's legion and the Empire came after the world changed forever, so still similar in a way.)

I cant think of any other stories that do this off the top of my head, but I’m pretty sure this is not that original of an idea in my story. But at least I made the Empire a Roman inspired society and not completely identical, still I do like Caesar's legion so don’t think I was being mean to them.

 

0