CHAPTER 83
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was finally time to leave and I had on the empty backpack Dan said I would be wearing, we all left and had to walk for 10 minutes at least. While we were walking Ryan told us some more stuff, “So ill do all the talking when we enter so Dan you don’t have to explain anything, Lin I’m assuming you know this but you don’t have to talk with anyone there. Just tell them to speak to your Master in case some one tries to start trouble, that will help avoid a scene. If you have to just leave if your separated from Dan then find him.”.

“Thanks for that, you know how to deal with these people better than me. Also I already told her that but thanks for the reminder in case I forgot, I have forgotten to tell her stuff in the past but luckily she has been fine.” Dan then responded. I already knew that but even if no one told me that I would have figured that out but getting told/permission to do so made me feel better still.

I was both excited and nervous at the same time, then of course when we finally got there I was only more nervous. From the outside it was identical to the Osullivan’s but the wall buildings were decorated, we then walked up to the gate where 2 guards were letting people in. I hoped this would be better than entering that office at the casino.

“Hello I am here to finish business with your boss, I have an invitation and It was agreed that I could bring the man who was hired to get me to this city and his slave as security.” Ryan told them and handed over a piece of paper.

“One second, I need to confirm this.” one man said while reading it while he used a phone attached to the wall to talk to some one inside.

“Well, well if it isn't the Rat who climbed to the top and acts like he is equal in some way. I’ve heard you were hired to get him here but didn’t think you would be coming over yourself today. Not one but two rats and there slaves, we will have a little infestation today for sure.” the other guard said to us.

After a few seconds with no one responding they continued, “Don’t know how to speak?”.

“I’m only keeping him and his slave safe, that is my only job tonight. So anything you need to say, tell Ryan.” Dan finally said. I had grown used to these kind of insults so I didn’t care, plus having him with me made me feel better in this situation. Being somewhere you are hated by everyone is always uncomfortable no matter what but I was now use to this attitude, at least in small amounts thanks to the many places I had been with Dan. It was different for him to not talk back in some funny way but this was not the place.

“I am here for business, not to enjoy this lovely conversation of yours. Don’t forget I had to negotiate with people above you so your words wont scare me and I have two hired guns who’s only job is to keep me safe.” Ryan then told them while I wanted to move on and enter.

“Drop it, there all clear to enter.” the other guard said after hanging up. We then all entered while the one who was picking a fight was looking unhappy but had to move on as more guest arrived.

The inner court yard was the same, being similar but with more decorations and stuff. The only difference was one corner was taken up by a large building and that was where everyone was heading.

“Its nice to not have to wear those formal clothes ever, I never saw the point other than to show off wealth. They cost more and strike me as less comfortable, plus you can wear what we do and there is no difference in anything practically. Not even for work, someones ability has nothing to do with clothes. Some might need no clothes for a job but that is another matter.” Ryan told Dan. He was right, looking back before I crashed here I never thought about it like I did now. Why was more formal clothing required at times if it was less comfortable and cost more, I remember that stupid high school uniform and how we were told it was professional or whatever. The girls had it better than the boys but our uniform sucked as well especially when it was cold out, but I had to wear it still. I choose not to think about the last thing he said, I knew that all to well and wanted to forget.

“Yeah I agree, I don’t get it either.” he then was told and we kept walking until we entered the large building. It was one single large room two huge tables where food would be put out with lots of people talking or sitting at the smaller tables all around. It had wood flooring with marble support beams all along the edges, not sure if structural or just for show. The walls were painted green, honestly given what part of the city we were in this was surprisingly modest.

Unlike the people around us, while I never had that much interest in formal dresses In the past I had even less now. I still liked my skirt and one or two girly things but most of it I didn’t care for ever, but at the same time I did almost think a few of the simple ones worn were cute.

After that I noticed either people refusing to look at us or giving us angry stares, after entering and going away from every one else Ryan told us what was next. “So I have to go finish stuff first then the party starts, he is putting me before his birthday party. How nice of him to want to get his dealings with me done early so he can forget about me the rest of the night.” we all heard. Honestly I was more uncomfortable in here than I thought I would be, I didn’t mind Ryan explaining everything but I didn’t care that much. It was all showing off and political fighting, nothing more.

“I thought the whole reason for inviting you over today was to show off?” Dan asked.

“Yeah but once everything gets started I wont even be a thought in his head, as much as he wanted me to see what he could afford that our side couldn’t.” he was then told.

After that we all followed Ryan through a guarded side door and were now In a hall way when a girl in a dress came around a corner. She drew a compact 1911 from a holster under her dress and spoke, “I heard that some one complained..”.

She didn’t get to finish as I drew my revolver and rushed towards the bitch pointing it at her face once I was on her left side with only an inch between us. I heard Dan draw his gun while I began to yell at her “Drop it now or I will ruin all your make up with your own blood!!!”. Her grin left her face and she now looked nervous.

I didn’t care if I was a slave, if you threatened Dan then I would show you no mercy and I was doing as told so she couldn’t complain about this. I remembered the non lethal part Ryan asked so I just threatened her back instead of sending her to meet Hades. If it wasn’t for what I had been told and the reason for visiting she would be dead already, then an older man came from behind and yelled at her I think.

“Re holster your gun now!!!” I heard and wasn’t sure who he was talking to. Still I kept mine on her until Dan told me to back up and do the same, she looked even more nervous now.

“Lin, enough come back here and re holster.” I heard and he was doing the same as I went back to him, the girl did as well. Ryan somehow looked totally calm, didn’t know how he was doing it.

I still was confused who the man was talking to and what was going on but knew what Dan told me, “What were you doing?” we all then heard him say.

“Dad, I just wanted to remind them who was better and….” the girl started to say before her father took over, we all were silent while these two talked.

“First thing is why are you carrying when you plan on drinking tonight.” he asked her.

“The dirty fisherman and his bitch are both carrying as well, also I was going to put mine back once I played with them a bit. I didn’t intend to have it all night or shoot them.” the girl then told him. I wished I could kill her over that little comment but kept my feelings to myself.

“They are security so he wont be drinking unlike you, now you also took it to far. We don’t need to complicate things this close to finishing them.” she was told.

“What about her talking freely to me, she got close and pointed her gun at me as well. His slave needs to be reminded of who she is.” she responded.

“You threatened my Master and the people who he is supposed to protect, I did as ordered. Don’t point your gun at people and complain when they do the same.” I then told her not caring if I was aloud to speak or not, she needed to learn that.

“Speaking to me again, you really are misbehaved.” I was told until finally Dan spoke up, I wasn’t looking to push things to far and planned on saying nothing more.

“What my slave said was right as she told the truth, so I wont punish her for speaking freely. As far as I am concerned she did exactly what she should have done.” he told her coldly then her dad told her to put the gun back and she left. It felt nice to talk to her like that and not get in trouble, still while that felt good I hated what had happened so it didn’t cheer me up. Plus we were not done yet so I had to stay focused, now my attention was on this man. While he did get her to leave us and scolded her I still didn’t trust him.

“I’m sorry about my daughter, she turned 20 so I started getting her involved in politics in minor ways but she still acts up like that. I need to do a better job teaching her how to treat people we are negotiating with, even rats like yourselves should not get that kind of treatment.” he told us. So while nicer he still looked down at us. I would rather have him around then his daughter but I still wasn’t going to thank him, plus I didn’t think he was truly sorry.

“My name is Neal, head of the Murphy family. Follow me and we will finish the paperwork then call it a day for work.” he then continued.

“Will that be the only incident like this?” Ryan asked, now taking over the talking.

“Hopefully it is.” he finished and we all followed him to a door, I was asked to stand outside while Dan would go with Ryan and B33 inside.

After several minutes passed with Ryan doing all the talking as I listened to what I could make out, just a bunch of political stuff. Then every one left and Dan told Ryan he could put the paper work in my back pack, after he did that it was time to head back to the party as it was going to start.

We once again went away from people in the corner and Ryan spoke to us looking relieved, “Well that’s done, I looked and acted calm but the entire time I was panicking. His daughter almost made me run away but I need to show confidence when doing this work, thanks you two for back there. Lin you wasted no time, also don’t worry you wont get in any trouble over that as she was in the wrong.”.

“Thank you, sir or Ryan. I don’t know how to address you.” I responded. I was happy to be praised by him and he did seem to respect me even if I was a slave but I was still uneasy talking with him.

“I’m not your Master so my name is fine.” he then told me.

“Okay Ryan.” I responded still not confident but he said it was okay to call him that.

“Is that normal during this kind of work?” Dan then asked.

“Arms are normal during political talks but no one points them at each other, they represent where power comes from but unless civil war happens people still talk things out over political issues. Except before elections but the candidates themselves don’t do any of that, that’s there supporters fighting each other. And with the issue almost resolved both sides wanted to avoid any more issues, more mild displays of power can happen but never at the end. That is a great way to undo all the hard work.” Ryan responded.

“So she didn’t understand that and tried to show power but crossed the line and pushed it to far at the worst possible time.” He was then asked.

“Well you see Dan that is true but she is also to immature mentally to enter politics and like you said doesn't understand the rules yet. That combined with her acting more self centered, selfish and like a brat than other kids raised in that kind of powerful family would be normally and you get some one who pulls a stupid stunt like that.” Dan was told. So she was an idiot trying to act powerful because she came from a powerful family while not knowing the rules herself.

“When her dad apologized he only did so to avoid the deal falling threw and because political etiquette was broken, I knew he didn’t actually care about us outside of all this political drama.” he then responded.

“Your correct, but whatever that’s all done so lets move on. Now I am going to leave B33 with you Dan while I walk around and try to make some connections for future use, I don’t see myself being successful but I will try. So B33 Dan will be your acting Master tonight unless I need you, got it.” Ryan continued.

“Yes Master.” B33 told him and he left, I didn’t want to have him around myself but Ryan ordered him to wait with us. Dan would be okay with this so I would go along.

“That is fine with me, go on and enjoy all the friendly guest.” Dan told him as he left.

So I hate wine myself as I have had it once or twice and it is to weak for me, I have had a few sips and it taste like sour grape juice so I made it that wine didn’t survive in my story. Beer, red bull and vodka, screwdrivers with a minimum of 2 shots, vodka in general (I always drink Russian vodka if i can) and sake are what I like. If I drink anything now its sake but I don’t drink much anymore because calories but I do love pot and take that regularly without getting the munchies.

Also I want to say chapter 67 is bad in my opinion looking back, I know what I intended with that chapter but I don’t think I did a good job. So far that is the only one I think is terrible, I know this story is not professionally written (not talking about grammar as I know that is bad, I mean the story, characters, lore, world building and more.) but I think all the rest of my chapters are good but not perfect. I am really proud of last chapter and was nervous about this one as I wanted to do a good following one. If any one wishes to review my story I welcome it, whatever you think good or bad. Any feedback on my writing is always welcome and enjoyed.

 

0