Chapter 4
5.4k 38 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping off the train, we both awkwardly walk out of the station with our heads hung low. The way back home was quiet, heavy, and full of anxiety from both of us. I'm sure she already knew what I was gonna say but was too afraid to mention anything.

But this is where I end it.

As we both arrive in the middle of an overpass, I stared looked up to see the bright circle overhead. There were no stars, only a singular shiny moon off in the distance overlooking the both of us.

"Hey, Amiya. Can we talk?"

Stopping dead in her tracks, she turns around in a robotic fashion. She wasn't even looking at me in the eyes, she already knew what was going to happen. And while I wonder for a moment why she's scared, I immediately push that out of my head.

"You know, I've always loved you. Even before we became a couple, I've liked you for a long time. And even after your family moved houses, we still continued our relationship..."

At this point, I didn't even know what I was saying. I wanted to break up but there were just so many things I still wanted to tell her. And I believed this would be the last moment we could have a conversation like this.

"I believed that we would always be together. I guess it's what you would call my childhood dream, being able to marry you, live a happy life, have children, all of that. But... I don't think that dream's an option anymore, is it?"

At this point, my face started contorting into a mix of holding in my tears and putting on a genuine smile. Everything was just flowing out, I wasn't even thinking what I was saying anymore. I just wanted to let it all out. All of my appreciation, my dreams and aspirations, and my expectations of her—of us.

She looked at me with a scared expression. Her eyes were wide open, her expression completely froze as she stared at me, and I could notice her body was shaking.

"You're...breaking up with me...?"

She muttered it out so softly that I barely heard it.

"...I am, yeah."

"Why...?"

Why? Are you really asking why?

Honestly, at this point, my hatred for her already completely disappeared. I'm just more so confused. She knew what she did, why would she even bother asking?

"Why...? Are you stupid?"

"TELL ME WHY RIGHT NOW!" she screamed out.

I stare at her in surprise. Her anger was real, she wasn't faking it. She was genuinely upset at the fact I'm telling her this.

Rushing towards me, she held me by my shirt and her expression confused me. Her eyes burned with anger and she was even gritting her teeth. But I sharpened my resolve.

Pushing her off me, I tell her the reason.

"Because you had sex with someone! WHAT OTHER REASON DO YOU WANT?!"

Her hands then went limp. Staring at the ground, I couldn't even see her expression as she replied in a way I couldn't even comprehend.

"That's it?"

That's... What? Are you insane? Do you even have a functioning brain to reply like that?

"Are you okay? How could you even say that?!"

I thought I wanted to end this in a clean way, where the both of us break off with a mutual understanding of each other's feelings. But what the actual hell is happening right now? Is she trying to say that cheating ISN'T a good reason to break up with someone?

"Sure, I had sex with them but...does it matter?"

I couldn't even fathom what she was saying. What is she trying to imply, exactly? That it's okay to have sex with someone? It's like I'm not even talking to my girlfriend here.

"What the... Obviously, it matters! What the hell are you trying to say?!"

Limping towards me, she cupped my face and pulled my lips onto hers. It was just like any kiss we've done before, but this one felt so different. It felt so wrong, like I wasn't kissing the person I loved anymore.

Pulling away, I look at her with a concerned expression as I see her face. She was crying. Her lips were quivering and tears were dripping off her face. Why is she so sad?

"Kazuya, no matter what happened, I still love you and only you."

"I don't understand you, Amiya... I don't understand anymore."

"I'm not lying, Kazuya. I really do only love you."

What kind of twisted love does she have? Does having sex with someone mean nothing to her? She can say that she loves me all she wants but what she did is something irreversible. She had sex with someone behind my back.

"I'm sorry but we're through, Amiya." And with those final parting words, I left her alone in that overpass.

As I walked off, I saw her gazing at me, hoping I would change my mind. But at that point, there was nothing else left to change. I just wanted to break up with her, I just wanted to...move on.

79