CC 13 – Juda
51 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A battle had concluded, endless bodies piled up on the battlefield.

A group of men slowly gathered, some collecting items from corpses while some gathered loot from those who aren't their own.

While some were glad that they had survived the battle, there were still those who were pained after they looked at their fallen comrades, those they once shared a meal and drink with.

One particular person walked on the messy battlefield, he overlooked the corpses all around him. He expressed a deadpan look as he headed to a nearby corpse whose figure looked all too young to be on the battlefield.

He knelt beside it, he emanated the aura of a priest as he took out a silver cross on his neck and presented it above the corpse. He stayed there, silent as a group of men gazed at his actions.

'May you pass on to a better life.' While his robe may have not revealed himself to be a priest, rather a homeless man. No one questioned his actions. Every man on the battlefield knew who this person was.

"Juda, you can't join those bastards…." One particular man with scars riddled all over his body, gripped his arms to the robed man as he felt pained to see each fallen comrade on the battlefield, some whom he had even bonded with for a long time. They had now left the world. 

Yet, he considered this to be the last thing he was worried about, he knew that someone might do something even worse. Especially someone who has the a worse fate then all the dead people here right now.

"......." Yet Juda stayed silent while and ignored this man's words, he tossed the cross to the man who returned an expression of astonishment. He knew what this signified to Juda, yet he simply stared at the man with the same expression without saying a mouth or two…

"......Dammit! I knew I shouldn't have sent her to that damned place without gathering more information about it. We shouldn't even have joined up with these Ordo Bastards after knowing how messy their command was! Those bastards don't even know how powerful that organization is! Even when we retreated, few of us made it out and we even lost someone irreplaceable. Juda! You don't have to do it-"

Before he could finish his words, a sword pierced through his chest, it revealed a blade. When he turned towards the assailant, he saw a sad look on the face of Juda.

"Shedim, grant my Brother life and fortune…." With a pained look on his face, he pulled the sword out from the man’s chest and returned it to its sheathe before he walked away.

"J-juda…." The man tearfully saw his brother walking away from the battlefield, he saw the wound on Juda's hands, and knew he had used the sword's ability on him.

'Big Bro, I let you down again….' He saw a vision of Juda, bloodied and injured to the point where no man should be alive, surrounded by countless corpses of his enemies while he held a body of a fallen comrade in his arms. The same event would repeat once more, this time now having to save a comrade from the enemies hands.

In the man's hands, a cross was gripped tightly, he recalled an event. This was something given to Juda by his master. This gave insight that this might be something he knew. That would cause him to happily risk his life once more.

Juda might not be a religious man but he possessed such an item so that he may not walk on the wrong path. Juda handed it to him, he knew that the path he would take might have been wrong, but the man knew that it was the only way to save their comrade. Through the hands of the enemy.


Juda was surrounded by a group of men who held onto their weapons tightly, ready to point it at him. They continued to move on as a man waited outside the car, he had a charming smile which gave off a joyful demeanor.

"Ah, I see that you decided to join us. We have already taken care of your friend and are en route to her destination. Worry not, she is safe and all. While we’re at that..."

He tossed the file on the ground where Juda picked it up as he twitched his eyes for a second before he realized what this meant for him.

"We might want to be at the top of the world, but we still hold a high value to those who support our cause. If it meant winning over a warrior of your caliber…"

Juda kept on reading the file on his hands while he looked back at the man before him. He realized that this might be something he shouldn't decide by himself, this was too big for someone like him to hide. But….

"Why not give your brothers and sisters a better life than let them live in pain and suffering, just to satisfy those around them? You don't have to risk their lives and play our game for their sake and yours. Is this not what you want? Is this what 'He' wants for you?"

Juda closes his eyes and saw a group of kids huddling in a corner as a boy who was older than them gave a smile that sparked their hope.

[This might be our only way to escape from this place. It might not be the best plan we have, but its the only one we got.] He stared at the group of kids who still had regained a bit of hope after listening to his speech, A silver-haired kid just stared at him while gripping his fist.

"[Let's do this.]" The boy and Juda sync their words as they stare at the man whose smile became wider. He offered his hand, Juda accepted it.

 

 

 


Character Overview

Name: Juda

Author: ArcadiaBlade

Allegiance: Sage Coalition

Age: 20

Race: Human

Bio: Bought as a child slave and raised in an arena where they fought for their lives, he and a group of kids all had lost hope in escaping their captors. That is until when an older kid sparked hope to escape their torment as he led a prison escape. This unfortunately cost him his life in the process. 

Yet this gave a new spark of hope to a young boy whose name was marked as one of a traitor. For he had sold out his own brothers to feed himself. To repent, he walked a path of damnation to save innocent lives at the cost of his own. Through fire and flames, he walked towards hell with powers and skills gained from trials and sufferings. These tribulations were administered by a strange teacher who offered not only salvation to the child, but also to take the fight against those who wish harm to people like him.

Currently, his whereabouts are easily tracked since he mostly hangs in places where most kids gather, donating food he collects while letting himself be found such that his 'Targets" would find him instead of looking for him. However, he was just recently found in a certain area, helping some resistance fighters combat war with a local warlord.

Key Personality Traits:

  • Hates Arrogant People - Juda was tortured by people who live on the lap of luxury and pride themselves in the suffering of others. He wishes to bring down those who are prideful, showing them their inferior selves and beheading those that love to revel in the pain of others the most.

  • Betrayers Be Damned! - Named after a man who betrayed his benevolent master, Juda brings wrath to those who betray others for the sake of satisfying their desires. This may lead him to a life and death battle that he might not win, but he sure as hell won't be going down without a fight.

  • Trial of Innocence - While he is zealous to take revenge, protecting those that are innocent comes first. He is a man with a soft heart for the innocent: willing to risk his life to save others.

  • Honorable Man - Strength of a Warrior, Heart of a Knight. With enough convictions, Juda would surrender if he can be convinced, but arrogance on the part of his foe may fuel his will to fight to the death.

Abilities:

  • Inhuman Strength - Strength and reflexes are above the human standards,  yet he is far from invulnerable. It might take longer for him to be killed but he is still, after all, a human through and through.

  • Will of Perseverance - Forged from pain and redemption, not only to save lives but to honor his fellow comrades in arms to spark hope for the future. This grants him increased strength, stamina and even heightens his senses beyond the limit to even the odds. One might be a powerful foe but they best not fuel his will, else fighting him will be more of a pain when he becomes an undying cockroach.

  • Magic Eyes - With guidance from his master, he trained his senses to the point where he can see magic tethers that channels magic in the air, enabling him to cut magic which is deemed to be impossible to do through physical attacks. 

  • Overcoming the Impossible - At a certain point, through channeling his will, he can do one action which is deemed to be impossible at a cost of using his entire strength to do so. Nothing is impossible through will and guts.

Weapons:

  • Shedim's Blade - A sword with a mysterious origin, gifted by his master after attaining his own Magic Eyes. Carved with ancient runes that can cause sickness or blessing, fortune or bad luck through a single cut. Its effects are determined through the user, however he must offer his blood in order to use the ability. 

  • Gluttony's Gauntlets - An equipment useful against ranged opponents. A shield would form through the gauntlet, devouring any projectiles and magic it comes across. However, it also requires a necessary offering as the higher the damage it attains, the higher the payment that would be required.

  • Air Boots - Grants Juda temporary flight through the air using the wind as his platform. Evening the odds against those opponents that can fly, and granting an advantage over those that can’t

Appearance: Monotone and rarely speaks with words, he hides behind a veil of mystery with how he interacts with the world. Instead of using his mouth, he relies on his actions to interact with people.  Outfitting a worn robe with a hood which has rarely been taken off, only few accounts of those near him could describe his appearance. Closer to beautiful than handsome, his short, silvery hair complements his sharp yet well-sculpted looks, yet is diminished due to his deadpan expression and his avoidance of contact with people.

How they got recruited: Juda received an invite from Nova Ordo to participate in a tournament to decide the fate of Ibinia. However, he learned that one of his siblings was captured by the Sages and was offered with better conditions than the Ordo could give. For the sake of a better life to the people he cared about while he honored his older brother's will, he ultimately decided to offer his services to the Sages and entered the battlefield.

5