CC 16 – Cor Ferrum
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sir, you’ve received a telegraph,” a young-looking elven butler said as he walked straight into a very fanciful room. Inside, on a bed was a teenager who lay upside down in bed with a book with one hand and the other a fist full of potato chips being thrown into his mouth.

“Really? Who’s it from? Is it some prime minister again? They always want me to try and overthrow the king that rules them. Don’t they understand I’m sick of killing! It’s so damn frustrating. I hate the blood on my hand, something I’ll never be able to get rid of.” The teen said, annoyed after he assumed the purpose of the call.

“Feeling melancholic today are we sir?” The butler replied, sarcastically.

“Shut up Anton,” the teen said, while he threw a pillow at the butler who nimbly dodged it, “You wouldn’t understand. You haven’t lived so many years with the guilt of killing millions.”

“Of course not sir. No one has lived as long as you in the first place.” Being unable to refute this brick wall of a butler the boy had given up and pouted. 

“Anyways, whose the telegraph from?” He asks while he set down the book and sat up, still eating the chips.

“Some organization called the Sage Coalition,” Anton replied calmly. The boy thought hard seeing if he could recognize the name.

“Hmm… Aha! I remember now. Anton, you know how I’m super duper old right?”

“You say that every day sir. How could I ever forget it.”

“Well, a really long time ago I heard about this meeting, right? So I went to check it out, and they turned out to be this weird bunch of old guys, and they were all suuuuuuuper boring right?”

“They were probably younger than you, sir.”

“You’re way too mean Anton! Anyways since they wouldn’t shut up about world domination, I decided to take a nap. Anyways when I woke up, they were all signing this paper so I decided to do it too.” Suddenly his head got karate chopped.

“Owwww,” he said as he clutched his head, his eyes teary. “Why’d you hit me, Anton?”

“Because you’re stupid sir. What kind of idiot do you need to be to sign a document without reading it? Please tell me you never did it again.” The boy was silent. “Please tell me you never did it again,” Anton repeated, a horrific smile forming on his face. The boy panicked and ran out of the room.

“I’M SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.” Anton grasped his head in case any flying projectiles would come his way.

“What are you going to do when I’m gone, sir?” He asked himself, shaking his head.


“So sir, why did you decide to participate in this tournament?” Anton asked while he drove a steam-powered car down the slope of a green hillside. Inside, sitting next to him was the teen, hands gripping the rim of the open-top car and leaning out to take in the view overlooking a developing port city. Ships made from wood and steel as well as large and small monsters brought people and goods into the city. The town was hustling and bustling with noise and trade. 

“They promised me gold and rare materials and the blade of Saint Owans, a great piece for my collection. Plus I don’t have to kill anyone, just beat them up. They are bad guys anyway are what the people said, so it’s fine.” The teen replied enthusiastically.

“Even if you’re impersonating a dragon, you still have the greed of one, sir. You also lack their intelligence.”

“Hey, greed ain’t a bad thing. Greed is what allowed me to create this,” he says waving his hand to indicate to the city below them. “I put in the money, and you took care of the administrative tasks.”

“Those were forced on me because you were too lazy to do them.”

“Let’s not worry about the nitty-gritty details. Anyways they also prom- never mind you don’t need to know.”

“I’d rather you tell me sir before we get wiped out by a Kraken you summoned using the thing you’re keeping a secret.”

“I’m not that dumb you know? Anyways even if I accidentally did, I bet I could beat it by going dragon mode.”

“You should still tell me.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No. And that’s final.” Anton decided to shut up and drive. “You know I haven’t been to Ibinia in a long time. The last time I was there was to raid a tomb back in the days of yore. I made some good friends there as well. Wonder if they are still around?” 

The teen remembered the simpler times back when he robbed dead people. He was once called the world’s finest robber, dodging traps, monsters, and even an angry mob throwing cheese in one case. The teen continued telling Anton about his tales of grandeur and adventure as they entered a cruiseliner setting sail for Ibinia.


After three weeks of boring ship sailing, they were greeted with a city of bleached limestone, blue tiles, and white sand beaches.

“Now we’re here Anton, let’s go explore!” Said the teen dressed in sunglasses and a suit.

“Sir you can’t run in a-” Anton began, but before he could warn the teen about the incompatibility of a suit and physical movements, the boy had already tripped and whacked his head on the boardwalk. 

“Owwwww, my head. And now my suit is all dirty! I had just bought this you know; I wanted to look like you, Anton!” 

He got up and began to brush off the sand, which was plastered everywhere on his suit. But his complaining personality quickly became vibrant once more and he rushed forth, once again dragging the poor butler behind him. As they wandered the streets of the city, they munched on new foods, talked with locals, and visited tourist destinations, a recently growing industry in Ibinia. Splitting off from Anton, the boy decided it would be better to play with others than shop for rations and materials.

“Pssst.” Came a voice from an alleyway. The teen looked around and saw a cloaked man indicating for him to come. “Yeah, you. C’mere, the boss wants to meet you.” He followed behind as the man led him through twists and turns, crowded alleys, and deserted streets. Finally, they arrived at a very large store, with a multitude of people from everywhere that flowed in and out. Upon it lay the large gold letters that read, ARC TRADING. The cloaked man quickly ran inside, with the teen following close after. Inside, he lost the cloaked man in the crowd but luckily found him again in a relatively hidden and empty hall. He walked down until finally was led to a small set of doors. The cloaked man knocked in a pattern and indicated for the teen to open the door before leaving. Inside sat a tall, fit man with small horns out poking from his gray hair, waiting.

“Cor, my old friend!” The man said getting up, walking to the teen with his arms wide open, “How have you been?”

“I’ve been Johan! And hbu?” questioned back Cor.

“Hbu? I’m afraid I don’t know what that means.”

“Oh, It’s an acronym for ‘how about you’, something that all the cool kids say nowadays.” He replied returning Johan’s hug. They patted each other on the back before Johan separated and led Cor to a small desk with two chairs on either side.

“I am fine my friend. The years seem to be treating us well, both me and you. I now run a major branch of a large trading company and I hear you’re building a new city.”

“Yeah, it’s really cool. People from all over the world come to explore it.”

“Wonderful, wonderful. You’re probably wondering I’m calling you here. The Sages summoned you right?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Well, Arc Trading is a subsidiary of the Coalition. Recently Nova Ordo, the bad guys, have been attacking our trading routes and destroying our business. They said they would stop if we could beat them in a tournament.”

“Hmm, so they proposed it first? But why?”

“Because we were to begin a full-out invasion and capture them, so they proposed it to us probably to achieve their goals of escaping.”

“So I’ve got to beat them before they do! That way they can’t hurt anyone else!”

“Exactly, but due to the tournament, we’ll be sending in a team. If we manage to win a majority of the battles, our side wins. If we lose they want us to leave this area to send in their own trading company and control it.”

“So where is my team? Are they any good?” 

“Calm down Cor. Don’t always rush headfirst into things, or we’re going to have another situation like the one had in the tomb of Chargrain, the flaming ent.” Remembering the horrors of burning plants and good food, Cor nodded to his word. “You’ve got to use your head more, my old friend. But as for your teammates, many of them have power levels similar to yours, as well as being related to the saints so there is no chance of betrayals.”

“Talking about the tomb of Chargrain, remember how I accidentally crushed him under a rock?”

“Hahahaha, that was one of the best things I've ever seen. He’s gloating about his army of minions and rock just falls on his head.”


“Sir, where were you?” Anton asked when Cor finally returned to the villa they were at. He was wearing a pink apron and beginning to cook a dinner of hamburgers for them both.

“Just meeting an old friend,” he replied, smiling.

 

 

 


Character Overview

Name: Cor Ferrum

Author: Carpio

Allegiance: Sage Coalition

Age: 1260 

Race: Mechanical Dragon

Bio: When the second Emperor of Anfitrob recognized that he fell short of the first by a long shot, he felt despair. Then he stumbled upon a realization that he could make something that would stamp his name in history. He summoned the best blacksmiths and magicians and gave them a monumental task. To try and create a dragon, the image of fear and power everywhere, from metal. And for 10 years they got to work and succeeded. The automaton was born and put to work, decimating armies, eating dissenters, and solidifying the emperor’s power. His power grew from eating the souls of others, and the emperor was the proudest of this feature. Named Cor Ferrum, the dragon was considered the arms and legs of the new regime. 

But with each soul, he absorbed, not only did his power grow but a new soul formed within the metallic beast. Gaining part of the knowledge and personalities of the souls he ate, he became disheartened with his job and decided to sneak out during the middle of a crusade. He was found out, as metal dragons are easy to spot, and the emperor placed a curse on him which manifested as having the mindset of a 12-year-old. Due to his unable to purify it, the curse managed to get ingrained into his system. With the personality quirk, he decided to go wherever interested him, exploring much of the world. He also developed a major sense of greed like a dragon, becoming a tomb raider and looking for artifacts. 

On his journey, he heard of a meeting of a bunch of rich and smart people, he decided to crash it. While his appearance was surprising, the others there decided to capitalize on this opportunity and get him to join as well. But the talks were boring for him, so he fell asleep. In the end, since he saw everyone else signing their name, he decided to sign his own. And that’s how he joined those who controlled the underground world. He forgot that he even signed the paper until recently where they reminded him of it. 

He has an easily distractable personality and acts like a little kid, his mood changes faster than the weather during a mana storm. He also views himself as a hero, protecting people from the “bad guys”, but is extremely gullible as well. While he is still powerful, much of his ability had degraded over the years due to the lack of self-maintenance that stems from his general laziness. 

Abilities:

  • Dragon Breath: Allow for him to shoot molten liquid or grapeshot of metal shards. Both take a while to charge up and due to his body being unable to turn very much in this time, can miss. Also can only be used in dragon form.

  • Pseudo-Flight: Like a normal dragon, he can fly. His body was enchanted with anti-gravity magic to lower the weight and allow him to use mana to achieve pseudo-flight. 

  • Transformation: This allows him to transform into a human or back into a dragon.

  • Compaction: This allows him to densify his body by absorbing metal. That keeps his “skin” of metal sheets relatively thin but extremely strong, impervious to most blades and magic. This alternatively makes him extra weak to blunt damage and piercing.

  • Magic Manipulation: Can control magic. His highest affinities are for holy and metal.

  • Magnetism: Related to his metal magic manipulation, he can magnetize metals.

  • Servant Strengthing Kit: Knife with super-effective damage to Cu Chulainn. (This power is only a joke, but if you get the reference, you get the reference.)

  • Draco Punch: In his human form, by pulling his hand into a fist gathered with mana, he can punch very very hard. And it hurts a lot. The requirement is yelling Draco Punch.

  • Outdated Infrared Vision: Can see heat sometimes. Other times it fails due to a lack of an update.

Weapons:

  • Claws: Stabby-stabby.

  • Teeth: More stabby-stabby.

  • Fists: That’s a lot of damage.

The Butler: Anton is the name, butlery is his game. An elf who served Cor for 74 years after being rescued from a slave ship, he’s straight-laced, knowledgeable, and fits Cor’s disastrous personality perfectly. He was captured in a raid on his home and after his rescue went back and found his sister was missing. He decided to serve Cor after a few years of looking. He idolizes Cor, though will never admit it to anyone. He serves as Cor’s sidekick, often running over the bad guys in his fancy steam-powered car. In his spare time, is still looking for clues to his sister’s whereabouts. He’s known secretly as Dragon Tamer Anton for his ability to control Cor.

Appearance: In dragon form, he’s a copper dragon with a lithe body and long tails. In a few random spots, you can see gears and cogs but those are aesthetic. His skin is made from overlapping plates with little space between them. His joints are covered with armored plates as well, unlike the armor of knights. His eyes are glowy with cogwheels in them. In human form, he takes the appearance of a teenager with yellowish-tan hair. His pupils are a glowy yellow with cogwheels in them. He often likes to wear the clothes of the area he’s in, but per request of the Sage Coalition, wore an admiral outfit. He also always wears a ring inland with a carved jewel on his lift hand, one of his favorite items he gained from tomb raiding.

How they got recruited: Has been there since the beginning. One of the founders, due to his robotic body, couldn’t die. Over the centuries he’s been technically part of the coalition but had no idea what they do. He’s too busy enjoying life.

0