Intermission – Natalia Balan: A Moment of Rest
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter was brought to you by Maldon.

Natalia and Gertrude were training in an open area near the capital of Ibinia, they had just finished sparring with each other as training.

The maid lost this time.

Gertrude quickly set up a table and a chair so that Natalia could eat.

“Phew, that was an intense match!” Natalia sat down, and she was sweating. “What’s the score now?”

Gertrude was preparing tea. “Out of 527 matches, you have won 243.” She said with a smile.

“Don’t sass me.” Natalia said with an annoyed tone, but she still had a satisfied smile on her face. “This time I didn’t even need to use the <Guardian angel>, I’m catching up to you, Gertrude.”

“You two are very strong.” A woman that was watching the match approached them, and the air grew colder as she did.

She had snow white skin, neatly cut inky black hair, and blood red eyes, she was wearing a fashionable business suit, and had a familiar doll-like mask strapped to her belt.

“Lixue, please have a seat too.” Gertrude prepared another chair for her.

“Thank you.” Lixue sat down too, and Gertrude served both women tea.

“Great tea as always.” Natalia nodded “You won’t take a seat? I’m sure you also have to be quite tired.”

“It would be improper.” Gertrude shook her head and smiled.

“Hmph, have it your way.” Natalia kept drinking the tea. “Do you have the information I asked for?”

Gertrude nodded, and gave Natalia a folder.

She gave a quick glance to the contents.

“Cor Ferrum and Cardon Voss won? No surprises there…

Helaina’s little pet won…

And the mermaid also won? That’s a little inconvenient.

Lycus lost? Hmph, worthless failure, I guess even elves are just another animal,

That Juda guy also lost? Maybe we should send him some of that brat’s fingers? I’ll think about it.”

Natalia sipped on her tea again. “Some of our fighters are completely worthless, but I expected even less from them.” She nodded to herself in a satisfied way. “Things are proceeding quite smoothly.”

Gertrude nodded, but Lixue looked confused “You wanted someone on your side to lose?”

“A tactical loss.” Natalia finished her tea “You remember those two brats?”

“You mean… those twin hybrids?” Lixue seemed to understand what Natalia wanted to do. “I’ve used that trick quite a few times, but how are you planning to ensure their loyalty? My charm magic won’t work on people that young.”

“Some lies here or there, some other propaganda, and the fact that their mother died fighting Nova Ordo… I believe they’ll make great soldiers.” Natalia nodded to herself.

“Great soldiers… to who?” Lixue gave a meaningful smile.

“Heh, now you’re asking something worthwhile.” Natalia seemed satisfied with that question. “Tell me, in the few days you’ve been here, what do you think of the coalition?”

Lixue was surprised to have her question be answered with another question, but she gathered her thoughts and said, “The Sage coalition is powerful… very powerful, but I’m not impressed.” She drank her tea. “It’s not the first time I have seen an organization like this, in my time the Shadow messiah and Abyss tower groups were just as powerful.” She closed her eyes “And that’s not even mentioning the army of the demon god of the past, there’s simply no comparison.”

Natalia nodded, “And do you know why the coalition is like this?”

“Why is the coalition like this?” Lixue was a little confused. “I have many ideas, but I want to hear what you think.”

Natalia smiled “The Sage coalition was a rotten idea since its beginning, it's simply a tool for those old bastards to maintain their power. With such a worthless ideal it’s no wonder why the coalition can only shine this much.”

Lixue's face was filled with interest. “Hoh, I’m glad I made a contract with you…” Luxie also finished her tea “So you want to turn yourself into another pugilist hero Gizha?... Or maybe, into the next Demon god?”

“How simple minded.” Natalia stands up. “I’m not interested in that, both of them died after all.” She looks at the sky, and sees a bird leading its flock in the sky. “I’ll be the first Natalia Balan.”

1