65: Love
1.1k 26 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night. 

With the moon shining, the stars twinkling during a rare night with not a single cloud in the sky, the citizens of Kaneth were partying their heart’s out after having defended against and overcome the monster wave another year. 

Following the battle, after those who weren’t conscious were rushed off to their rooms to rest, a victory parade had occurred through the city, honoring all the knights, adventurers, and common citizens that had worked to fight off the monster wave. 

However, now that the parade had ended, a massive joyous banquet was being held in the Duchess’s castle. With the same participants as the day before, the food was similar, only a touch more luxurious, but the main difference was the sheer amount of alcohol being served to each and every one of the attendees. 

With raucous singing, wrestling, talking, partying in general happening downstairs in the banquet hall, a pair of adventurers were silent in a room. 

The window open, letting the cool night breeze in, Rachel sat beside Kaitlyn’s bed, having volunteered to watch over her, holding Kaitlyn’s hand, tracing circles on the back of her hand while lost in her thoughts. 

A twitch. 

A groan. 

“... Where am I?” Kaitlyn asked as her eyes fluttered open to see a dark ceiling, her voice a touch raspy while squeezing the hand that she was holding. 

Letting go of Kaitlyn’s hand in a panic, Rachel reached over, almost flicking on the lamp before deciding against it, instead offering a cup of water to Kaitlyn, “H-... Here you go. Are you feeling alright? This is Chelsea’s castle, you’re in your own room.”

“Ah... Thanks, yeah... I’m feeling fine.” Kaitlyn murmured, pushing herself upright while taking a sip of the water, “What... What time is it? Or should I be asking what day it is...” 

Holding Kaitlyn’s hand once more, Rachel squeezed it, her eyebrows relaxing as a relieved and happy smile graced her face, “It’s still the same day, it’s been, like, 7 hours since the battle ended, the victory parade is over but the party downstairs is in full swing. You’re also the last person to wake up, so no need to worry about anyone else.” 

“I see,” Kaitlyn sighed, relieved as well, squeezing Rachel’s hand in return before pausing, “... Uh... could you help me change the bandages? They’re soaked in blood...” 

“Sure, of course!” Rachel reassured, letting go of Kaitlyn’s hand and reaching over to get the clean bandages and supplies to clean out the wound, thanking Josephine and the instructors at the Adventurers Guild in her head for teaching her how to change a bandage, “Could you turn around and push your hair in front? Just so it’s out of the way and stuff.” 

Shifting herself while nodding, Kaitlyn sat there facing the stars as Rachel began taking off the bandages behind her. 

A little flustered from seeing Kaitlyn only in her underpants in front of her, Rachel banished those thoughts so far they returned to the world she came from as she focused on the task at hand. 

Moments later though, as she focused on her work, Rachel sighed, and began to talk, “So... Kaitlyn, I know this isn’t the right time really... but uhm... I have something I want to say.” 

“I also told Josephine that she could beat me up as much as she wanted too if I didn’t say this...” Rachel coughed, sighing at the foolishness of her past self. 

“Ah?” Kaitlyn raised her head just a touch, staring off into the distance while admiring the stars, “I... I have something to say too... I’ll say it after you, though... it seems yours is a little more urgent.” 

“W-Well... well... uh... well,” Rachel began to stammer after a small chuckle at Kaitlyn’s comment, pausing her work for a second to take a deep breath. Then, her words rapidfire, like a rushing stream of water, “... I love you. I don’t know if you do either, but it's fine, I just wanted to say it and get it off my chest, I know this’ll make it so our relationship won’t be the same as it was before but I just... I just wanted to say it, so... would you be my girlfriend?” 

Wind... 

Curtains billowing in the night breeze. 

As the silence descended, Rachel tensed up, still nervous even after she had worked up the resolve. 

Taking a deep breath though, Kaitlyn whispered, trailing off near the end as she stared at her legs, “... I love you too... I was going to confess to you too...” 

Dropping the bandage, Rachel froze, an embarrassed tinge climbing onto her face as she watched Kaitlyn’s cheeks get pink under the twinkling night sky. 

... 

Disturbing the silence, Kaitlyn asked in a small voice, “Could you uhm... continue changing my bandages please?” 

“A-Ah! O... Of course! Of course, of course,” Rachel stumbled around, picking up a new bandage that was clean, “I don’t know what to say... but... that’s good...” 

“... Y-Yeah,” Kaitlyn murmured in agreement, letting the silence fall once more as Rachel changed her bandages, “So... did the doctor say I could go to the party if I woke up?” 

“He did. However, he said no alcohol, and someone had to be nearby in case it got worse again. He said you were very lucky that it was just big and not deep,” Rachel answered with a gentle nod, finishing up the bandaging after having cleaned the wound, moving onto the leg bandages that Kaitlyn had, “I’m surprised though, you healed much faster than I expected from a wound this big... back in the world I came from people healed much slower...” 

“Well, I guess it just comes with becoming stronger,” Kaitlyn answered, almost shrugging but staying still to let Rachel finish her work, “As most adventurers get stronger, our bodies just... heal better and faster.” 

... 

Giving Kaitlyn a light pat on the shoulder to let her know that she had finished, Rachel got up to get Kaitlyn some clothes, “I guess I’m lucky that I or any of my friends haven’t gotten a big wound until now... never had to find out that way.” 

Shifting her position and where she was facing, so that she could receive the clothes from Rachel, Kaitlyn dressed herself while sharing some quiet, peaceful conversation with Rachel. 

Once dressed, Kaitlyn was helped up by Rachel, sharing a very... very gentle embrace with her in an effort to not disturb the wound at all. 

“Thanks for all the help with the bandages... and uh... uhm... I love you.” 

“I love you too, I’ll change your bandages all the way until you’re fully healed~” 

“I’ll make sure to bug you plenty then,” Kaitlyn shook her head, laughing a little at Rachel’s tease before giving her a peck on the cheek, “For you, I’ve always wanted to try doing that to someone...” 

“I’ll be ready then,” Rachel replied with a smile before raising an eyebrow, acting aggrieved, suppressing the crazy thoughts running through her head along with her gay panic-inator, “And you’ve got to do it properly if you’re going to do it!” 

With that, Rachel pulled Kaitlyn into a kiss, accepting that if she was already embarrassed why not go all the way. 

Flustered, Kaitlyn froze for a moment before wrapping her arms around Rachel, returning the gentle kiss under the starry night sky. 

...

... 

Separating after a long embrace, the two stared at each other for a moment before Rachel offered out her hand. 

“Sha... shall we get going to the party?” 

“P-Probably...” 

And so, the door opened then closed behind them with a click as two pairs of slow footsteps, one supporting the other, made their way down to the banquet hall. 

~End~

Please read the AN this timeee!! even if its just this once...
--------
It's over AHHH
T~T i wanna cry... ah... what a journey its been...

again though...
Thanks for reading~!! Please leave a comment... i've loved reading and replying to every single one of them...

Kaitlyn has ... been a journey, it all started from a song that I listened to that gave me the idea...

T~T if you want to talk about Kaitlyn, or just talk to me in general, I have a discord server! please go check it out!!
I've also made a channel just for Kaitlyn where you can ask questions, ask about what happens afterward, etc.

Thank you all so much... your support has been overwhelming and honestly, means so much to me...

I'll also be starting to post a new book called "Crystal Constellations" tomorrow, so be on the lookout for that!

and for the last time...
Thank you so much for reading~!!
Take care all you reader peoples~!!!
<3

43