Chapter 6
66 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ed opened his eyes inside the gate like last time he once again felt a bit nauseous after crossing the gate. He suppressed the nausea he felt and observed the dungeon inside the gate.

The dungeon was shaped like a giant tunnel, wide enough to allow three big elephants to walk through side by side. Even with all this space, the place was quite humid and damp.

The group of people from the guild now also looked a bit serious which was an improvement from their previous demeanor after all they could potentially die inside here and no one outside would even know about it.

Jong also appeared a bit nervous as he griped his battle-ax tightly.

Cho Hye and the other three ranks still appeared relaxed rather aloof even. Even Ed would feel more relaxed if he was at the center like them as well after all it was the safest space.

Once again Ed felt that the group's strategic discipline was lacking which was essentially the leader's responsibility.

What Ed didn't know was that the previous leader who was an A ranker had been a member of a big guild before he lost his position in the main raid team and had left the guild due to his Ego.

However, the benefit from being an ex-big guild member was he had learned how to hunt with strategy and efficiency, and this was a big reason how he grew his circle establishing his small guild.

Cho Hye however refused to use the previous leader's methods. If the previous leader had a big ego, Cho Hye had one even bigger.

His arrogance combined with his bloodthirsty style made it so he preferred to just smash things to pieces.

The rest of the group influenced by Cho Hye lost their discipline. They fought, however, they wanted. They would often even argue over the spoils during a fight.

The group checked their gear and started moving deeper into the tunnel. Soon they started to find traces of life.

Deeper into the giant tunnel the group found openings to many smaller tunnels. In front of the mouth of one such tunnel, they found broken webs.

The C-ranker at the front picked up the web using his hands and brought it to the leader.

Cho Hye observed the web that the C ranker was holding in his hand for a while before flashing a greedy grin at the two sub-leaders.

"Willow crawlers?"

One of the B-rank Sub-leader with along scar on his face questioned Cho Hye.

"Indeed. Looks like it's a crawlers nest"

"HAHAHAHA let's just hope that the princesses are also in this nest"

To the confirmation of Cho Hye, the sub-leader laughed out loud.

The rest of the group also started to murmur between themselves.

Jong Kwan who was with a group of D rankers near Ed asked one of the members as to why they were so happy.

"Willow crawlers are spider-like giant insect monsters, they are a bit tough but have large numbers."

"Then why are you guys so happy ?"

" HAHA, it's because the larger the number of monsters the more crystals we can get, besides the queen eggs, there are princess crawlers which are a type of special monster."

"Oh"

Even though Jong Kwan understood what he said he still did not know as to why this was such a big deal.

Ed also overheard this conversation. Being a thief gave a natural buff to his senses.... a true thief-like skill.

This conversation made Ed curious however looking at how he was at the sheer bottom of the group he doubted that he would receive a proper reply if he asked anyone.

'Well I have a better option anyways'

With a disappointed smile, Ed shook his head and whispered.

"system-san, tell me about willow crawlers."

[willow crawlers: A giant spider species of insect monsters. Living in swarms they attack prey in groups dragging them back to the main nest to be nourishment for the queen. Willow crawler swarm has a strict social hierarchy like ants, with queen spider at top.

Willow creeper: Adult willow queen crawler is about 5 meters in height and has a hard stone-like caprice coving its entire body. Each swarm only has one queen and 5 juvenile queens who are commonly referred to as princess creepers, which leave the swam after a period of growth to create their swarm.

Eggs in the queen hive are known to have the ability to improve the user's mana flow as well as heal internal injuries to mana pathways.

Juvenile willow creeper carries in its body a special type of crystal that it uses to evolve into an adult queen. This growth crystal is a rare item that is highly sought after, as it is said to have the power of allowing one to break through bottlenecks of growth]

Reading the explanation from the system, grew so excited he wanted to kneel on the ground to praise the system-sensei. After all, as an F-ranker it may be a way for him to level up and escape his fate of becoming a meme.

While Ed was having a fit of excitement the group carried on with high morale.

It wasn't long before the humans met the monsters. The C rankers quickly attacked any monster on site. Even some D rankers left their spots to fight at the front. The leaders however just looked on and trodded ahead like kings.

Ed seeing how disorganized the fights were cringed. He moved close to the center, no one took notice of this as everyone was in frenzy to kill more spiders. Even Jong smashed one with his blunt ax.

Ed held up his rusty sword to his eye level and looked at the warriors fighting the crawlers.

The warriors and swordsmen skillfully enveloped their weapons in mana and slashed at the spiders.

Ed tried to copy what they were doing but failed again and again. Dishearted Ed complained to the system, not expecting a reply however he did it anyway since system bro was the only one who didn't ignore him except Jong.

"Why can't I use mana on my sword like them system bro *sigh*"

[The weapon being used by the host is made of mana less ore hence is incapable of holding mana inside]

Unexpectedly the system replied to Ed's complaints that when a bolt of lightning struck Ed...metaphorically.

'Of course, why haven't I thought of this, so what if I have no one to teach me how to use mana. I have the world's most knowledgable teacher with me'

Ed once again burst out with praises for the system as if buttering it up. Usually, he would have noticed this point however with the whole F-rank situation he was too distressed to think with a straight head.

After Ed was done praising the system he started cursing Ju In-Su in his heart for giving him such a useless weapon. He had even agreed to the price of one red crystal that was one thousand dollars HE GOT SCAMMED!!

Ed settled his emotions and seriously asked the system.

"System can you teach me the skill to cover a weapon with mana ?"

[ Will of Mana is an exclusive skill of warrior and its derivative classes it can only be learned if the host copies the skill.]

"......"

Hearing systems reply Ed started to contemplate whether to use his class bonus for this skill or not, while it was a very cool-looking skill was it worth it.

After a bit of reflection he decided against it as even if he got the skill it only covered his weapon in mana, it would be worthless in the hands of someone like him who had not learned how to use a sword properly beforehand.

As Ed reached his conclusion he heard someone celebrating intensely surrounded by a crowd.

What he saw was a C rank member holding a pink greyish crystal, the size of a fist high above his head. Ed overheard someone close to him blurting out in surprise.

"Damn he found one of the princesses "

 

Happy Reading :)

5