Chapter 7
192 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group around the hunter dancing happily parted a way for the leader and sub-leaders.

The hunter who got the crystal saw this and hesitated for a bit before he made up his mind. He walked forward and reported to Cho Hye about the crystal.

Cho Hye and the sub-leaders appeared ecstatic. Looking at the crystal with greed.

"good job. Give me the crystal I'll keep it for now, after the raid I will compensate you for it."

The C-ranker appeared unwilling as he knew that he would not get it back at most he would get more normal crystals during the split in return. However, if he wanted to stay in this group he had to make such a sacrifice.

The hunter gave the crystal to Cho Hye, who stored it in a tough leather bag tied to his waist.

Ed, although he expected it, was still disappointed with this. He knew that the money that this hunter will get in return will be meager compared to the crystal's actual value. However, it was not his place to interfere in this matter.

He decided that after this raid he will never work again with this guild. Who know's when they will backstab him.

The group soon started making its way deeper into the dungeon. Ed however unlike Jong Kwan didn't even get to swing the sword, let alone kill one monster.

Hence he turned towards the system to learn the class and mana skills from it since he did not have someone to teach him physical fighting stuff.

"System status window"

________________________________________________________________

Name: Edmond Dantes

Class: Thief

Passive skills:
preception (lv1)(class exclusive), recovery (lv1), stamina (lv1), agility (lv1), vision (lv1), strength (lv1), mana preception(lv1).

Active skills:
sprint (lv1), mana control (lv0), mana hand (lv0)(class exclusive), strike(lv1), mana strike(lv0)

Mana count: 919
(Synchronization 8.50%)

Class bonus: thieving eyes (expendable)
________________________________________________________________

Ed noticed that his mana count had gone up once again even tho he did nothing.

From what he had read it was said that when hunters kill a monster, the mana in its body dissipates to the environment after it dies, and a part of it is absorbed by the one who kills it.

The amount absorbed is different for each individual depending on how much 'potential' their body has. As to what this 'potential' was, and why it was different for each person even tho all humans are made of blood and flesh, ed had a theory regarding that however now was not the time to interrogate system-chu about it.

Ed then proceeded to choose one of the mana or class-related active skills and asked the system regarding it.

"system how do I use the skill mana hand?"

[Host can learn the skill from one with the same class or by natural intuition during practice ]

"....is there no easy way?"

[Checking..... Data regarding the skillset of class: Thief detected in the Implanted stem of Host]

[Do you want to Decrypt skillset Data of class: Thief ]
[Yes] [No]

'Hurray system-senpai you are the best !!.....wait for a minute 'implanted stem' ??? TF?'

Ed was overjoyed that it worked however as he was about to burst out into cheers he noticed something odd about what the system had said.

'*sigh* nevermind it would not be wise to start this in the middle of a dungeon I should learn the skills first and state my curiosity later'

Ed decided to put this worry at the back of his mind and focus on his original task of learning the skills. He kept a short distance from the rear team of the group and followed their path of destruction filled with corpses of insects burned frozen pierced or simply smashed to pieces absent-mindedly.

All of them had their core crystal taken away and stored for now. Since everyone was hunting individually everyone kept their hunt to themselves, and if a mob of crawlers did appear a small group will engage them splitting the cores within themselves.

The leaders hunted a bit as well if they found some stronger and bigger crawlers. They mostly however searched for princess creepers and the queen's nest. Since the queen creeper's crystal alone would be worth more than all the crawlers combined.

Ed looked around a bit to see how everyone was doing before turning back to his task.

"system decrypt the data please"

[Decrypting... Data decrypted updating the records found ]

[learn skill mana hands? ]

" yes"

As soon as Ed affirmed with the system, Ed's vision blacked out he once again fell into the same lucid state this time however he saw a dream in which he was using the skill. After the skill was successfully used the information was imprinted inside him. Ed opened his eyes.

He found out that thankfully he had not fallen. His body seemed a bit stiff however as if he had flexed all the muscles of his body at the same time...

this was probably the reason he did not fall to his face like last time.

Ed brought out one pickaxe from the mining gear bag on his shoulder and held it tightly in his right hand. He closed his eyes in remembrance, he tried to recreate the dream he saw.

Like Ed in the dream did he applied force on his chest trying to move the mana within. After a few minutes of focusing his head felt hot so did his chest he felt as if he had a fever his blood was boiling.

What he didn't see was that deep down within him the blood was conducting the mana from his chest and spreading it around his body. Hence he felt as if boiling blood was flowing within him.

The mana circulated along with blood within his body and reaching this right hand it swept out bit by bit from the palm of his hand as well as his fingertips embedding the surface of the pick-ax he held.

Even though Ed could not see it he felt it. He felt the mana flow within him and spread out from his hand. No matter how much he tried, he could not grab it, as it was always flowing like breeze however it was neither gas nor solid or liquid.

His blood however made it so that the man moved in a fixed path within his body and did not escape from it unless forced externally like Ed so he could use the active class skill.

The mana embedded into the pick-ax became nearly invisible however to Ed it was as bright as a firefly at night.

Ed left the pickax on the ground and continued down the trail of corpses behind the group. After reaching a suitable distance of about 20 meters he stopped, holding out his right hand towards the direction of where the pick-ax was, and closed his eyes.

Everything was dark when he closed his eyes, however within this dark world in a corner he saw a speck of light. The direction was the same as that of the pick-ax.

With his eyes closed when all the light in the surrounding was blocked out, he could see the light from the mark he created.

Following what the Ed in the dream did afterward. Ed slowly clenched his hand as if pulling or crushing the light he saw in the dark world.

As his hand was about to be fully clenched he felt a woody texture and weight of something. Ed 'saw' that the spark of light within the darkness brought by closing his eyes had disappeared, opening his he found the pick-ax firmly placed within his hand.

The system prompts soon followed.

[skill mana hand leveled up to (lv1)]

[skill mana control leveled up to (lv1)]

4