Hanlait: Land of Legends chapter 2
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Religion and Age of Majority"

 

Leaving torat, david plunged into thoughts of him ... Mh is it really, I'm going crazy? ... impossible nah, I think. Hahahaha ... I imagine David with a somewhat rough face ... But ... That dream. It was honestly strange, a map, fire and a man among thousands. Well, it is not something that is seen every day, but it is not so bad, if I do not understand something I will ask the mother superior ...

Reaching a small but clear resolution David went to his work, walking through the streets of the commercial district there were all kinds of arpid or other winged races, giants carrying heavy materials, dead or Nayud wandering through the alleys and the tall and beautiful oboq with its characteristic long ears.

The Luzurian capital was divided into 5 districts, the northern district inhabited by nomes, as well as oboq or some small artisan races, practically all the technological and magical development was located there. The south the so-called commercial street from winged and great beings moved and traded in it. The west was the military sector, the entire garrison of the city lived there, the east inhabited by commoners or incoming foreigners and finally the center was the king's district, where the nobles, the royal guard, the royal family and their king resided. same.

The Cardrag clan had a unique government based on meritocrasy, that is, if a young soldier showed courage and intelligence, due to his merits and talents he would be promoted in the best of cases, even becoming a general, the drags have a valuable phrase "If you want rewards, work for them and they will be fairly rewarded."

Yes, the drags greatly admired the talents of others, although unfortunately because of this many ended up being arrogant and egotistical, but that is a topic for another time.

David was going to work today, he had to move loads from the port to the ships that were there, Hanlait not only had a single entrance to the sea found today, it also had innumerable rivers that crossed its entire land, one of they was the river sifis. This surrounded the city at the same time that it divided it into five parts, hence its 5 districts and leading to sifis to flow into the sea, despite this, the hegemony of the only coast was on the part of Ecorti. Thanks to this they had trade with almost all races including the vile Nayud, although the drags were respected and feared they should not underestimate other beings, apart from their clear population disadvantage, since due to their great strength they had a low birth rate.

In the port the big ships came from one place or another, David was struggling with his loads.

-ufff. Ah! There is no end.

David was spitting out with sweat on his body, a taurod, large 5 meter tall sarnt beasts, fur on his chest, brown skin color with large hooves at the end of his legs, highlighting his large and thick horns deviated at the sides and large musculature answered him.

-Little imp don't complain so much! ... hahaha. Well, what did you expect, not every day they give you 1 tor for each port shipment, so get to work!

David glanced at him and groaned.

-hmp ... Shut up coruy! You don't understand ... Does that mangy port foreman even have it in his head that I'm not a bloody 5-meter muscle man like you!

-Also, 1 tor for so many boxes ... It's a damn robbery!

Coruy just saw a little bum whose sole purpose was to complain, he snorted and said ...

-Calm down David ... That mangy you call, is the foreman of the port designated by the commander of the potim guard, therefore his connections at least within the capital are something to fear, I would not like to see you in trouble for that . Besides, isn't today the day isn't it your coming of age?

His blue eyes shining with excitement, David responded with glee.

-JAJAJAJ, of course today is the day I can finally enter society and have the opportunity of other better paid jobs!

In Hanlait, or in Luzuria, there were many jobs that were denied to young people under 15 years of age, this because it did not take young people into account as responsible adults for jobs of higher complexity and effort, as an assistant in the artisanal sector or as garrison or army soldier, etc ...

Curoy with a gentle and understanding look told him.

-good boy, I understand what you mean ... I was just like you back then, ahhh, so many years have passed, uf more than 100 I have now, hahahaha ...

With an inquisitive and curious look David asked.

-Hey Curoy, I'm curious, how was everything before the signing of the grat paxi?

Taking a somewhat deep breath and glimpsing into the blue sky Curoy replied.

-boy, as I say, it was a disaster, yes, a big fucking disaster and, suffering, every kilometer or meter of strip of land, you could find bodies, I bled, guts and debris that only a lunatic would be delighted to see today in day, haaa!

Taking an even longer breath I continue.

-So, that's why I tell you boy, enjoy life as much as you can, because when the moment comes when you have to see the darkness that is in the heart of each one, there you will make a decision, one that will mark Your entire existence itself, and you will have to decide "I am just another spectator or I will move my hands and stain them on the stage itself" for that reason, get ready because this peace that you see here is only waiting before the storm.

Finishing up, Curoy looked at David with a frown and then changed to a happy face, rubbing his head hard.

-hahahaha, don't think about it so much, we have a job to finish, so don't be lazy.

David had a somewhat pensive and stoic look, after getting his hair ruffled, he changed his gaze to a big smile and responded.

-Yes sir!

I hope that this boy does not have to live life, not everyone surpasses it and I almost went crazy, goddess URIELT ... as a sinner and follower I ask you that as well as other young people you do not have to experience this suffering, wet.

What Curoy didn't know is that sometimes fate is a complete bitch, you ask for something and it takes away your hope, you don't ask for anything and it gives you suffering. Although not everything is written ...

 

POV (Mother Superior Anastasi)

It was like a morning like any other in the temple of the goddess Urielt, as a sacred place in the capital, it was a place where all the different beings of the different races of Hanlait went, with chapels throughout Hanlait, it was one of the largest and most widely accepted religions in this. Faith to the goddess Urielt dates back to ancient times when the gods roamed among mortals, there was a great war between them ending up involving them, according to the writings the goddess Urielt protected mortals from the other divine entities. That is why she was removed from heaven itself, at the end of the war only 3 gods survived, Urielt the mother of life and light, Escrpu the guardian god of death and darkness and Korwoñ lord of war and destruction itself.

Surprisingly the three urielt, scrpu and Korwoñ. After the war they handled themselves in peace, but this did not last long until Escrpu desired a race of his own which would pray to him, as well as to urielt, but there was not one that was numerous and weak enough to be corrupt for it. It was then that he set his sights on humans and thus began his plan, humans despite dominating the north and being numerous were weak on a general level, they could have the use of magic, engineering and creativity were their merits, but just as the silence of death can come without warning, thus they disappeared without warning.

They were strong yes, but their bodies were prone to disease, they did not have the innate talents of dragon magic, the strength of the sarnt, the spirituality of the oboq or the agility and flexibility of the Ecorti, therefore they ended up perishing to the plague of Escrpu.

Urielt realized the malevolent goal of Escrpu, but was interrupted by Korwoñ, wishing war as his nature, made a deal with Escrpu and thus started another great war between the races of Hanlait until the establishment of the grat paxi.

Every morning Mother Superior Anastasi would get up beginning her prayer.

-Oh! Mother Goddess Urielt, bless us mortal followers, may the light of your magnificence protect all beings under your protection from darkness and lead us to eternal peace, wet.

(Wet is used as the end of the sentence, as well as amen, urielt's religion is similar to catholicism only that its priests and pope or supreme leader are all women. Author here)

Ending his prayer, he continues with the administration of the temple in the capital as well as the care of all orphans, the temples (cities) or chapels (towns) receive a monthly donation from the government where it is located, in exchange for these for Leadership of his priestesses give medical help, since having the blessing of urielt his light magic is very pure and sacred.

Anastasi sighed to herself in her office.

It's already that day of the month, right? Hopefully those children can become respected adults worthy of urielt's teachings ... Anastasi thought, this was so since by law in Hanlait those of legal age could not continue living with alms or continue as orphans in the temple, of course if you were a woman and wanted to dedicate your whole life to Urielt, you would remain as an apprentice in this until that you become a priestess and be sent to your place of prayer and service.

Sounding a light knock on the door Anastasi snapped out of his thoughts and said.

-ahead.

Entering his office with a stack of papers was the director in charge of the Rubeca temple orphanage

-Mother superior may urielt's light be with you.

Looking at her with golden eyes, her golden hair that fluttered in the wind and slender body with a shiny silver skin hidden by her tunic and a very gentle smile typical of an unholy beauty, a descendant of the drags this without leaving aside her long and collected Sapphire scaly wings and long but shiny tail, Anastasi spoke.

-May the light of urielt be with you my girl, then can you tell me why are you worried rubeca?

With a very gentle smile of her own, Anastasi asked, that's how she was, gentle, impious and calm, very kind with an age of almost 300 years, loved and adored each of her priestesses as hers, her little sisters.

Rubeca with her hair cut brown a scaled skin of the green reptile type and black eyes of a snake, portraying her as a lumark a type of Earth Ecorti, despite her 46 years she still behaved like a girl in front of Anastasi with a somewhat sad look, she replied .

-Mother superior is ... she is sure that the children can now leave the temple, is that .... For me they are still children, I am very worried about what may happen to them. Even if we are at peace, society is not gentle as they think.

With her kind gaze Anastasi replied.

-My girl, calm down this is something that had to happen sooner or later just like you or me, when the day came, we had to make many decisions like the adults we become, they have to experience the world, later We cannot protect them from everything their whole lives, urielt teaches that as long as we have faith and courage we can face everything that life throws at us. So that's why don't worry about them, let them make their decisions and walk like the new adults that they are, just pray to the goddess that they are well and can overcome whatever is thrown at them.

-That is why it is our duty to protect them and teach them everything we can until their time comes. Understood my girl?

Having a little clarity of everything, she rubeca sighed and nodded.

-So my girl, how many are older now?

Rubca sighed again and answered.

-Mother superior, there are 30 children ... the thing is that I worry about one of them ...

With an insightful look Anastasi said.

-oh, are you talking about david? Hahahaha, he is certainly a somewhat worrisome boy, but…. He is serious, diligent and responsible, although somewhat restless, but he will be fine, I have faith in that my girl.

Still with a concerned blonde look she nodded and withdrew, leaving Anastasi alone, as dusk approached. Through the window of her office, she noticed a boy with brown hair, somewhat lively and intelligent, approaching the temple, with a gentle smile she thought.

David eh ... as always restless, but now that I notice, something changed in his eyes, does he have more courage or more aspirations? Mh ... tilting his head from side to side, he thought again ... well, it doesn't matter much, the important thing is that he has the strength to face the future that will soon fall upon us… urielt my lady mother… please guide us before the darkness that will soon be upon us, wet.

Even someone like the quiet Mother Superior of Luzuria has concerns….

 

TO BE CONTINUE….

 

HI ALL. GOOD HERE FROM UNEO NICOLAS ... IT IS A PLEASURE FOR ME AND A THANK YOU FROM ME FOR YOU TO READ MY STORY, AS I SAID I WANTED COMNETE AND YOU GIVE ME OPINIONS FOR FUTURE CHAPTER, THEY COME THAT YOU LOOK LIKE MY WRITING ... THAT'S THIS ON THIS OCCASION. END OF REPORT

1