Part 2 Chapter 3- Something to think about.
573 11 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How did this happen?

I had planned on looking at some maps to plan on the best route to Phoenix Arizona. By using my warping powers to move into Texas I was able to expand my operation, mostly in west Texas and southern New Mexico where last night's events took place. 

Instead, I'm in a pink mini-van, with a Pinkzilla, heading to the mall to shop for a Halloween costume. Not that I hate Halloween or anything, it was one of my favorite times of the year back in the day. However, I felt I had better things to do, Little Brother was lucky he was with friends.

Why do I bother, I wondered to myself. I then remember the promise I made to the Pixie who put me in this position. According to her the reason I was placed into this home in the first place was that the Dixons had a deep wish of their own for another child, and I promised to play the role until I reached my own goal.

A question had been in my brain for a while now. One that became harder to ignore the longer I played the part. How do I leave these people behind and still obtain my goal?

I was transformed into a little girl against my will, then told I could go back, but only if I work for it. That's fine and all but the Dixons complicate the issue. 

My thoughts were broken up by Pinkzilla cranking up the radio. I have nothing against "Don't Stop Me Now" By Queen, but did she have to sing along. Seriously, her voice was like someone stepping on a cat. Correction! the tempo just cranked up and so did she, now it sounded like someone stepping on a lot of cats! 

Just endure just endure. I told myself over and over. 


After an excruciating car ride, we finally arrived at the mall.

Like any other mall, people crowded around moving from store to store, Couples, singles, people with children, old and young. Yep, a typical noise pain in the ass mall. It would have been a lot more tolerable if Pinkzilla hadn't insisted that I hold her hand.

After bobbing and weaving through the crowd we reached our destination. A costume store, where Pinkzilla immediately began looking over the girliest costumes the store had to offer. 

So began the wordless negotiation. For every one costume she picked, I picked out my own, one after another. 

Her pick- Pink Princess Dress

My counteroffer- A Slasher

4 costumes later.

Her pick- Pink Cheerleader

My counteroffer- Murder Clown.

6 costumes later.

Her pick-  Red Riding Hood.

My counteroffer- Werewolf.

8 costumes later.

Her desperate pick- Black and red, frilly cat-girl thing. 

By this point, I had worn her down. She was at least within my preferred color pallet now. What should I counter with I've gone through most of the good stuff already, and I want this over with just as much as she does. 

"Hmm, oh!" It was so obvious! Right in front of my face this whole time, and considering her husband's profession...

My final offer- Police Officer.

Her face softened, and her eyebrows raised with interest.

I had her, I win.

Pinkzilla backed up two steps...

Wait? Where are going?

reached out her hand...

Hey, keep your hands where I can see them!

And pulled out a Girly version of the very outfit that I held in my hand. My pick had a blue shirt, hat, black slacks, shoes, and a pair of plastic handcuffs, her pick was the same, brand and all, except it, replaced the slacks with a black skirt, black stockings, and heels. 

I could feel my eyes taking turns twitching.  

Where?

how?

I didn't even see that thing! It was hidden behind a big fluffy ballerina outfit!

There was nothing I could do. My goal was to compromise in the fastest way possible. I thought I had managed to do that in a way that ended in my favor. 

I'll get you next time Pinkzilla! Next Time! I shouted internally as she moved to the cash register with her pick.

Me vs Pinkzilla round one.

Pinkzilla: 1

Me: 0


I did get the consolation prize of a free pizza in the food court. We halved it with my side being Supreme and her side plain cheese. 

It was a nice lunch, the pizza was good, and conversation was kept to a minimum. Then halfway through my second slice, Pinkzilla dropped a bomb of a question on me. "So Lilly, what do want to be when you grow up?"

"Huh?" I asked with a mouth full. Adults asked me, and any other kid, this question all time back in the day. It was awkward enough back when during childhood round 1, back when I was a child in both body and mind. How do I answer this now during round 2? God, if only I could see the looked on my face, I could practically feel my eyebrows leaving my forehead.

Pinkzilla picking up on my confusion simply gave me a patient smile and lowered her head to meet me at eye level. "You know, like do want to be a doctor, a lawyer, or maybe a rocket scientist!"

Wow lady, expectations much! My more mischievous side wanted to tell her that I had a burning desire for burger flipping, but maturity won out, resulting in a simple shrug. "I don't know." Not entirely a lie, I did have a goal for the future sure but seeing how she was unaware of my nightly adventures, I thought it best to play the role, as her child, and as that child, I had no future plans whatsoever.

Pinkzilla pursed her lips and raised an eyebrow. "Hmm, none?"

"No," I said shaking my head. 

Keeping a warm smile on her face Pinkzilla asked. " Really nothing comes to mind."

"Nope," I said taking another bit of pizza hoping that my full mouth would encourage her to drop the subject. 

It did not. "You like music right? Maybe we can get you some lessons, how does that sound?"

"Uh," How do I respond to that? Sure I like music, but I can't go making plans! I'm going to be leaving you and your whole family woman! Stop making me feel bad about it! "Sure? I guess?"

"You guess?" Her eyes trying to make one final push for an answer. 

"I don't know." Seriously stop please, stop making this hard!

"Right," She sat up strait looking a little disappointed. "didn't mean to put you on the spot. Sorry about that kiddo."

We resumed eating in awkward silence. I felt bad about not being able to give her an answer, but what was I supposed to tell her? My greatest goal in life is to kill or greatly injure people, criminals, in order to earn back my old life! Yeah because that would make perfect sense to her. 

There was something worse on my mind at this point. Something that scared me, a stray thought that I shut down immediately, but still could hear loud and clear the whole drive back to the Dixon home.

What if I did stay? What if I continued being the daughter of the Dixon family?

 

"Seriously, her voice was like someone stepping on a cat. Correction! the tempo just cranked up and so did she, now it sounded like someone stepping on a lot of cats!" Yes dear readers I stole this line from the Scotsman.

 

 

14