Part 2 Chapter 3 1/2- Something to continue thinking about.
602 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Ok, so this is a first. I finished the last chapter published it, then thought of something new (and better?) so here is the true ending to the last chapter! (Maybe?)

Back at last! New costume in hand I marched up the stairs and into the Pink Room. Once inside and with the door firmly shut I flopped face first upon the overly pink bed. 

"So how did it go?" Asked the familiar voice of a noisy Pixie.

I flipped to my back and held up my new costume. "Oh, that bad?"

"Hmm," I nodded. 

"Is that the only problem? I'm sensing some tension." 

"We discussed my future."

"Ok?" Tulip clearly wasn't getting it.

I flopped my costume over to the other side of the bed and sat up. I looked Tulip in the eye. "I am this close to going into my pocket dimension and never coming back," I said holding my thumb and index finger only slightly apart to get my point across. 

Tulip suddenly looked distressed. "No, you can't do that!"

"Oh and why not!"

"Because you weren't the only one I made a wish for. I sorry, but I made one for them too, and your it buddy!"

I stood with the intention of looking down on her. Unfortunately my current high put us face to face. "Have you any idea how contradictory my goal and living here for the rest of my life is?"  I growled. 

Tulip was taken aback. "I, ah, yes. Look it is what it is. Let's just move on."

Move on? "Ah, no I want to know why you had me agree to this, knowing full well that I had no plans on sticking around." I crossed my arms waiting for her answer. 

"Look is it really so bad being here? These are nice people, you could be happy. A fresh start."

"What are getting at? Do you not want to help me?" I'm so confused right now.

"Well yes, but you do realize that if you wish for your old life, I'll have failed two wishes right?"

"Yeah, ok, and whose fault is that?"

"Mine, but. Look! whatever you decide at the end I'll accept it!" She turned her head and pouted. 

I looked down at the floor and took a deep breath. "Alright, I'm sorry this discussion got out of hand."

"Yeah, well, I'm sorry too, I want to help, but I've kind of got a conflict of interest here." She met my eyes again. "You understand?"

"I'll think about what you said, but no promises."

"None? No chance at all?"

I decided to humor her. "Maybe a little bit of a chance."

"That's all I can ask for."

In truth the longer I continued the little girl act the closer I could feel the claws of Stockholms Syndrom closing in. So the chances were higher than she realized. 

"I'm still planning on going out tonight. Are you up for it?" I asked to change the subject.

"Yeah, no problem."

"Alright then, glad we're friends again."

"Ha, yeah. Let's not fight like that again it gives me a headache."

"Agreed."

The rest of the evening was spent prepping for our trip to Phoenix. 

I don't know should this be that true ending to the last chapter? What do all you guys think? If what hate it let me know. Then just ignore it. Just pretend the old chapter 3 and 1/2 never happened.

 

14