Part 2 Chapter 5- Rumble
439 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm flying through the air, but how did that happen?

The last thing I remembered was leaving the Kitchens with a pissed-off Tulip in tow. To find our problem child surrounded by dead bodies, Her own her included, glaring death at me. We didn't hear any of what transpired in the dining room because Tulip's sound barrier was still up, but somehow, in spite of this, she knew that I had killed her goons in back, and had herself a lethal temper tantrum.

How did she take out that many people?

Wait.

Not important! I'm still airborne and falling fast, but still, how did I get here... 

Looking below, I could see the desert landscape coming closer as well a big hole in the bar's ceiling where I must have flown out from. 

From that same hole, something else came flying toward me.

No not something! Someone! Damn it is that Problem Child! 

Oh yeah, that's her alright. Surrounded in an electric tempest. 

Oh shit. OH SHIT!

Not able to do much while in midair, I braced myself for the incoming punch.

"OOOFFFF!" My vision was blurry, my ears rining, and my body aching all over, feeling like, well, like I got hit by a bolt of lightning. When feeling started to come back I immediately took note that I was on the ground. The dirt underneath me was charred black and glassy. Looking up and shaking my head clear I spotted the Problem Child hovering above me, a gust of wind holding up mid-air, sparks of cobalt energy pulsing from her fingertips. "You've got to shitting me." Who did she think she was an X-Man. 

"I thought we were the same, were you not chosen by the One True God?"

Slowly getting back on my feet, gritting my teeth from the pain, I gave my answer between raspy pained breaths. "Ha, I was chosen by, hum, an overzealous Pixe. Yhwo, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, hou."

She clicked her tongue. "I see." then prepared another blast of lightning.

"Oh, shit." My super reflexes were good but not dodge lightning good. A long way away, from where I was, I landed on my stomach, my limbs twitching as if I were having a seizure, any normal person would likely be dead, I had to fight through the shaking, placing my right hand... Wait that's my left hand... Left leg=right arm? Right? After giving it a quick think I wasn't quite sure I knew what left or right was.

I'm fucked.

Up?

Down?

Left?

Right?

I seriously just lost my sense of direction, and on top of it, my body still shaking like crazy!

SHUT UP BRAIN! YOUR OVERTHINKING THIS! All that matters is that right now my face was in the dirt, and I need to be not in the dirt, standing preferably. 

Right, let's do this before she takes another shot. Hands underbody, lift, now turn, right I can now see the sky, also my posable death.

There she was, in all her threatening glory. Dreadlocks flowing with the wind gusts that kept her up in the air.

For a while, we had a staring contest. I didn't know why she wasn't finishing me off, I was a sitting duck, barely able to move at all. Instead, she looked at me with a sad look on her face, that did last long the longer she looked the darker her expression became. 

She began preparing one more bolt of lightning. 

I guess that's it then. So long my strange gender-bent life, I suppose it wasn't all bad, I had some fun in spite of myself, and having superpowers was kind of cool too. A sham about the Dixons though, their good people, if not a little weird. Didn't get to know them very well, but still. 

Also, I wonder if Elizabeth and Jeramy would ever notice each other as man and woman as they get older.

Oh, well guess I'll never know.

"AAhhhhh! What the hell?!"

Yeah, what the hell? Suddenly the Problem Child was covered in needles, and her lightning harmlessly discharged into the air. Needles a seemingly endless supply of them kept flying at Problem Child with far more force than seemed possible, bypassing her whirlwind. 

"AAHhh, fuck this!" Shouted Problem Child as she turned for a tactical retreat. 

"Hu, ok," I said confused.

"Are you alright!?" asked a very concerned, frantic, and familiar voice.

"I'm fin Talip." I wasn't fine. Not by a long shot.

"What?" 

"I sad I'm fin."

"You don't sound fine your speech is slurred and shaking like mad. Are you sure?" 

I gave my answer some thought. "No." 

Tulip sighed. "I'll start some healing magic." The magic was southing and warm I could feel my body starting to stabilize. "I'm just glad I got to you in time. After we were separated by that wind, I got really turned around."

"Wnd, wht wnd?" 

"That wind that blew you through the roof that's what wind." Is that what happened? Realizing that events that lead to now were a little fuzzy, I made a note to look up lightning strike side effects. "Can you stand up? I can do more while you sleep back home."

Home? right, she's talking about the Dixon house. "Fin ba mi." My body wasn't as shaky anymore, but the act of standing up was still slow and steady. With my head held up and my eyes no longer staring into the sky, a bright light caught my attention. The Bar, the Bar was on fire. "Whn dad tht hapn?"

"The young woman you were fighting did that after she blasted you all the way over here." 

"Hu, oh, ok." As I stood there staring I could hear sirens in the distance. Someone must have called the first responders but who? I felt like I was forgetting something important. Something in the bar? No by it, my bike! That's right no point leaving it here. 

"Yeah, where are you going?" Tulip asked concerned as she watched me stumble toward the parking lot.

"Gat ta gt mi bke."

"Leave it, we have to go back."

"I ant leven mi bke."

"You know, you can be really stubborn sometimes."

"Hehe, I knw."

I made it to the Lot, making better time than I likely should have, getting stronger with each step thanks to Tulip giving me magic first aid on the fly. "There she is," I said spotting my bike. My speech was also back to normal thank God.

I was about ready to open a Gate and walk my bike into my garage when "Oh my God you ok!"

"Hu what?" Who the heck is that? A woman wearing a long overcoat and no shoes were running up to me. It took me a minute, but my electric fried brain finally placed her as the woman I saved in the kitchen office. The fact that I nearly forgot about her was unsettling. In any case, I was glad she didn't get torched. 

She knelt down in front of me, her motherly concern increasing the more she looked me over. "You're a mess, what happened?"

"Well um..." Wasn't sure how to answer that question. One, I barely remembered it myself, even though it happened only a moment ago. Two, the answer would have freaked her out more. But the young woman wouldn't let me answer. 

"I came after you, then..." She hesitated, I assumed seeing the bodies of the people I killed was the cause. "I came out of the kitchen and..." She hesitated again poor thing has seen a lot of death today. "Anyway there was a big hole in the ceiling and I got worried."

"And did you call them?" I asked hoping to redirect her attention. The police were now visible in the distance. 

Turning to look a hopeful smile came to her face. "Yes, don't go anywhere." She moved swiftly to the road waving her arms to get their attention. "Hey, we're over here! Hey!"

Right time leave. Sorry lady but this is where we part ways. 

 

 

After looking it up I learned that one of the symptoms of surviving a lightning strike is temporary or permanent short-term memory loss.

Our MC only has the temporary version, so don't worry.

 

8