Chapter 28- WWW.FedWatch.com
1.2k 6 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hunt was over far faster than expected. Social media is good like that I guess. "Well, that was easy." I bookmarked the pages for later. They were at least smart enough not to have their address anywhere on their pages. Bad for me though. I was going to have to find them via photos and other posts that they made in the past. Then go to that general area, and have Tulip look for them with her third eye. She knew what they looked like now and informed me that it wouldn't be a problem.

Now another problem to solve. All the criminals in this city are hiding. At least for now, and I needed to make my wish happen and fast, but how? Expanding my territory was a good idea, but in my be worth it to find some kind of big score. How would I do that?

I'm not sure if it was my recent internet stalking that gave me this idea or what, but I had a thought. What if there was some kind of website. It was just a silly thought, no way there could be...

Holy shit there is!

WWW.FedWatch.com. The site had a big American flag banner up top with the site name and slogan. "The Feds Watch You So Watch Them Back!"

How is this site even legal! It had records of all past police exploited throughout the whole nation. Even up and coming operations. Was this real? How did they know? The least I could do was do a few tests. First I looked up news articles regarding recent crime, from all over then double checked to see if the site had any info on it. Oddly enough it checked out.

The next test was trickier. Because I would need to be either a fortune teller or see the police operation take place in person. Typing my current city address, I saw that there were two drug busts to take place this week. One is tonight the other, this weekend. Well, it was, anyway. According to the site it had been canceled for some reason. 

I needed to see the first for myself the confirm that this site was legit or not. 

I looked over at the clock it was late, and the operation wasn't till later around the same time. Time for bed. 

The next day was a completely normal day. Get up, go to school, come back. There was one difference though, Lethal Weapon was home.

"Dad! " Little brother greeted his father. 

"Long time no see kid!" Father and son then hugged, it was precious. Right up to the point he extended his arm out for me to join.

"Welcome back, good to see your not dead." Was my response. 

Little brother deadpanned at me and Lethal Weapon dropped his arm to his side and looked up at the ceiling a look of defeat on his face. The look spread out into a smile and he laughed it off. "I'm glad to be alive!"

"Really dad it wasn't that funny." Little brother just didn't understand dark humor. 

After awhile Pinkzilla came home as well. Dinner was served and the topic of Lethal Weapon's work became the topic of the meal. 

"So dad have you caught that vigilante yet?" Asked Little Brother.

Was it just me or did Lethal Weapon's eye just twitch? "No, we haven't, she is a slippery one." 

"So it is really she then? Hard to imagine such a small girl being able to do all that." Pinkzilla commented. 

I swear I just saw Lethal Weapon's eye twitch again. 

"Yeah, I've seen pictures online." Little brother added

"Honestly honey it's a shame you haven't caught her. I was hope you were home for that reason."

Ok, his right eye was definitely twitching. "No, she was just very quiet this weekend."

"So, how long are you going to be back for?" Pinkzilla asked the poor woman I could hear how hopeful she was. I kind of felt bad for her, I was the reason he was away all the time in the first place. 

Lethal Weapon sighed. "I don't know, she could come back to the surface at any moment."

From there the conversation trailed off into other less important matters. 

Later that night.

From rooftop to rooftop I jumped. Following Tulip's direction. Until we found the address the deal that the police were allegedly planning to sting. I perched on the roof, making myself comfortable. 

"Are sure you can trust that website?" Asked Tulip.

"Nope. That's why I'm just watching tonight."

Only thirty minutes past, but it felt like forever. A group of people came down the ally I was watching over. A deal started to go down.

"Oh, wow," Tulip remarked.

"So far so good."

Was it going to happen? Noise erupted from both sides of the ally as police moved down on their prey.

"Police hold it right there!"

"Freeze scum!"

"Hands up!"

I watched almost in disbelief. "That site is actually legit." I had a good feeling about this.

 

So I hope for one more short chapter then a big one by the weekend.

27