Chapter 29- How to Catch a Vigilante Part 4
1.1k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rob had a good day off. He was able to see his wife and children. His son was glad to see him, his daughter was still a bit of a bit distant, but the joke she made was refreshing and reassured him that she was glad to see him. So even if she wasn't a hugger like the rest of them, a few jokes like that were more than welcome. His wife was more than thrilled that he was home, she proved as much after the children went to bed. 

But now it was time to get back to work. 

"She didn't appear last night either. You think she ran off?" Mos asked sitting at his desk eating a donut. 

"I don't know. The best I can come up with is maybe she's biding her time. Waiting for something." Responded Rob. 

"Like what?"

"Well, she tends to avoid crime if we cops are already involved..."

"Ok, and?"

Rob stayed silent a moment longer. Then asked a favor of Mos "Check if anything big is coming up." 

"Um, alright, but why?"

"I have a hunch." 

"A hunch? What are you, Sherlock Holmes now?"

Rob scowled at his partner's remark "She gets more than just petty thieves out there you know. She hits drug dealers as well. Those guys operate as secretively as they can. Which means she has to know about them beforehand. Right?"

"I see what you're getting at. So if we find out how she knows..."

"Yes, and no. We don't need to know her source, as much as we need to know where it will lead her."

"Oh, I get it now!" Mos was getting excited, as he started going through the police logs, files, and future operations. "Got something, but it looks like the OP was canceled."

"Perfect!"

"Hu? Perfect?" It took Mos a minute but his eyes lit up as soon as he realized. "Oh, because she avoids cops!"

"Exactly which means there is a good chance she'll show up in our place."

Mos frowned. "But who's the source? One of us?"

"I hope not but we'll find out sooner or later."

Rob and Mos spent the rest of their day planing a stakeout. Hope high that they would finally bring in their prey.

27