Chapter 18- How To Catch a Vigilante. Part 2
1.4k 6 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Robert Dixon and his partner Mos both had a long night. After failing to stop, what they thought was a mad gunman in Chinatown, they came to find it was none other than The Vigilante. Which anyone in this office could and would argue was one and the same as a mad gunman. 

When arriving at the scene, they gave chase to a brown sedan. It had pulled away in a hurry, and they had their gun's out plain as day. Then The Vigilante showed up out of nowhere. On a mini-bike of all things.

They had failed to bring in The Vigilante and the people The Vigilante was pursuing. Rob suspected that they were originally The Vigilante's prey, to begin with. They went back to Chinatown after their failure. Found out that those boys had been roughing up the place, as originally reported. However, it was The Vigilante that stepped in and put a stop to it, hence Rob's suspicion.

After returning to the station Rob and Mos both passed out in the bunk room. A room reserved for cops who were just too tired to go home. After the night's sleep, it was back to work. 

Rob and Mos were in the middle of analyzing the dashcam footage. Thanks to this footage there was now more information on their whiteboard. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Age: ??? Sex: Female Race: Asian Height: ??? Small/childlike Eye Color: ??? Hair Color: Black

Remarkable speed and agility. Crack Shot. Uses a 6-inch barrel 1911 chambered in .50 G.I. An additional 1911 chambered in .45 ACP. May also have a knife.

Other stand out features: Shoulder length hair, and wears Goggles, Black Leather coat. Drives a mini-bike.

Is superhuman????? An Alien????? 

                                                                                                                                                                               

They could now confirm race, and thanks to the skirt The Vigilante was wearing it was a safe bet until proven otherwise, that The Vigilante was a Female.

The partners were just around the part where she had both impressed and humiliated them. Her stunt that left them both speechless. She had jumped her bike over their car then landed again with the power of her own two legs, shooting out the driver's side tire at the same time. 

As Mos watched this play out again he asked. "What is she?"

"That's a damn good question buddy." 

"Awww look at you standing there all speechless." Mos teased 

"Shut up. We're getting to the part we didn't see." 

"Man if those, boys weren't pulling our legs about what they saw."

"Weirdly enough I don't think they were."

The squad car had passed up the disabled unmarked and sped toward an ally the suspects had turned down. The footage showed The Vigilante lifting one of the suspect's onto her shoulder. Then she was gone. Just gone. Like she was never there.

"Oh shit, they weren't kidding," Mos said dumbfounded. 

"Nope, doesn't look like they were." The footage showed the policemen cautiously approaching the bodies of the slain suspect's. And investigating the disappearance of The Vigilante. They all looked very confused about what they just saw.

"She's an alien." Mos suddenly said.

"What? don't be ridiculous!"

"I'm being ridiculous? Scottie just beamed that bitch out of there, and I'm being ridiculous?"

This exchange got them nowhere. So they watch the footage again. 

Mos spotted something. "Hey, we could use that!"

"Hu, use what?" Rob still didn't see it.

"That!" Mos pointed to what he saw.

"Is that!" 

"A license plate. That dumbass left us a license plate."

Rob scrambled to pull up the proper software to do the search. Once it was up, he typed in the numbers. What came up confused the both of them. 

"Who the hell is, Timothy JacksonBurg," Rob asked scratching his head.

"Wanted for tax fraud? I don't get it what's the connection?"

After a while of bickering and theorizing back and forth. The two heard angry footsteps approaching. It was their captain. He was a very fat man and bald. "You asshole's want to explain to me how the footage your watching right now got released onto the internet!"

"What no way!" Protested Rob.

"Are you for real?" Asked Mos.

"Yeah, it's all over the place!" The captain yelled. "At least tell me you got some good news!"

Rob spoke up, "Well I wouldn't call it good, but it is a start." Rob then told him about the mysterious license plate.

I can't believe I'm post another chapter this early after the last one, but they were both short so...

 

 

 

 

35