Chapter 25- Sunday Afternoon with Little Brother
1.4k 8 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was picked up by. Pinkzilla around noon. Once again Liz played defense to keep her out of the apartment. Poor thing was just too embarrassed by her living conditions, and I guessed also aware that most parents wouldn't let their kid stay over at a place like this.

Before that was a fairly fun morning. Apparently Sunday was one of the few times granny got out of the house. I asked why and was stunned by the answer. Church, she went to church. As someone who would sometime go to church with my own grandmother. I didn't see her as a kind old pew lady that slid candy to children without their parents knowing. 

Oh yeah, that thought brought me back. Me and a few friends used to joke about how we had our own underground candy ring.

Anyway, Dumbass came back over, with more food. Bacon and eggs. Then at Liz's insistence, we watch a bunch of Anime. According to Dumbass, Liz has been on a Magical Girl kick ever since the Vigilante (AKA Me) came to town. So that exactly what we watched. It was so sparkly... Is this how she sees me when she pictures me in her head? 

It was a little odd having Tulip there she usually just hangs out in the Pink Room, but here she was. She was not impressed with the apartment for starters. She kept complaining, about all the dirt, the bear can's and vodka bottles, the pile of cigarettes stuffed into and an ashtray that likely hadn't been emptied in weeks. I agreed sure, the place was a mess, but at least I kept my mouth shut. I guess one perk about being invisible and inaudible to everyone besides me, is that you can say whatever you want. I also think the anime weirded her out more than it did me. She saw the whole magical girl transformation sequence and facepalmed herself out of the air.

That was then, this is now. Riding "home" with Pinkzilla in the Pink-Mobile. Pinkzilla, ask all the standard questions any mom would ask. Did I have fun? What did we do? I answered as best I could while avoiding the realities of Liz's living conditions. I even had to putt a good word in for her drunk Grandma, at on point.

Then she dropped some new on me. She wasn't going to be home the rest of the day, so it would be just me and Little Brother. Lethal Weapon was still at work. I felt bad about that last one. Last I saw him, he was in and out,  going on about caching the Vigilante. Assuring his children that he would get the bad guy. If only he knew.

We arrived. Pinkzilla let me out of the car said her goodbyes, while apologizing for needed to take off. 

Going inside, I found no Little Brother. He must be upstairs in his room. He seemed to like it in there, so I decided not to bother him.

Going into the Pink Room. I was greeted by Tulip who didn't feel the need to ride in a car, and warped here. "Welcome back, long time no see. Did you miss me?"

"Ha! yeah, sure. I saw you like, less than a half-hour ago." 

She smiled and shrugged shoulders. Then asked, "So what on the rest of today's agenda?"

"Well, I was thinking, since our little talk in that box, and your trial, that maybe I should get to working on some more of that magic stuff."

"Oh, really?"

"Well, sure. Now that you're not going anywhere, and even if I reach my goal its not like this power you gave me will just disappear. right?"

"No, they won't." Tulip looked thoughtful, "I guess, when would you like to get started?"

We were then interrupted by a knock on the door. I stood for a while staring at the door wondering if I had heard things.

Knock knock knock.

Nope.

Knock knock knock.

Ok already! I opened the door. Little brother stood on the other side. 

Knock kno-Wopise!  My timing was poor and he brought his fist down on my head at full force.  I hardly felt it, but he didn't know that. 

"Oh man, I so sorry are you ok!" The poor guy was in full panic mode. "I didn't mean to, I was just, the door you know, I called you didn't answer." Called? Oh right, the sound magic proofing.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Not answering I mean."

Still in panic mode. "No, I should be sorry! Does it hurt?! I didn't mean too!" 

"Geez kid, will you chill! I'm fine!"

"Ok, um. I was wondering if maybe you would like to watch a movie or something."

Well, this was unexpected. The boy hadn't been too sociable since I got here. A had a feeling it wasn't anything personal, he was just shy. This did put a small monkey wrench in my plans, but I suppose it couldn't hurt. 

You know for some who wanted to keep a distance from everyone, I'm proving to be really bad at this. Heck keeping my distance was the whole point of the nicknames. It worked for me back in my high school loner days but was failing me here. I could chalk it up to two things. The first being, humans rolled like that they needed people, the other and strongest reason is I wasn't the same, angry at the world person, that I was in high school.  I don't mean the whole little girl thing either, I mean the army has a way of getting you out of your shell.

"Ah, yeah, I guess." I shouldn't, I really shouldn't. I was already dangerously close to considering Liz and Dumbass friends, I didn't need this. At the same time, however, this is the first time he's approached me since I got here, turning him down would just make me feel bad. I'm just not good at this at all. "Is she, even to be going to be gone that long?"

"Oh yeah, trust me." Ok, so this happens a lot then.

"What did you have, in mind?"

Disney, he just named off a bunch of Disney. Nothing wrong with Disney, mind you, it's just... "Is Disney all you have?"

He scratched the back of his head, as if embarrassed. "Well, it the only thing Mom will let me watch." 

Unacceptable! This sheltered boy needed culture. "Ok, stay here a moment. Don't open this door!" Shutting one door, I opened another one of a more magical nature.

"Um, what are you doing?" Tulip asked perplexed. 

"Getting a movie."

"Uh, and how are you going to explain where it came from?" 

"I'll just tell him to keep quiet. It'll be secret between siblings." Or something like that.

Tulip just sighed. "Siblings hu?" 

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." She crossed her arms and glanced her eyes away from me. What's that about?

Over at my place inside of my media closet. Let's see what do we have here? Comedy, Action, SYFI, Drama!

Let's see I have.

  • Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (Maybe if I'm still here come thanksgiving.)
  • Star Wars (All 6 of course.)
  • The Terminator and 2
  • Blazing Saddles (Perhaps a little too offensive for just getting the kid's feet wet.) 
  • Back to the Future 
  • Monty Python 
  • Star Trek (All of them, except the JJ ones.)
  • The Last Action Hero (Highly underrated in my opinion.)
  • Airplane! (...And don't call me Shirley.)
  • Good Morning Vietnam (RIP Robin.)
  • Good Will Hunting (RIP Robin)
  • Caddyshack
  • Blues Brothers (Perhaps showing him this movie is my mission from God?)
  • Alien and Aliens
  • Tropic Thunder
  • Robocop (Hey, I shot a guy in the dick once, on my first night out. I never realized we had so much in common, until now.)

And so on...

"Hum," I had to decide on something. But what? You know what boys like robots. Right? Robocop it is.

Back at the Dixon house.

"Here you go." I handed over the DVD. 

"Where did you get this?"

"My Secret stash, of course, tell no one."

"My, lips are sealed." He said with a small grin on his face.

"Good."

Sometime later.

"AHHH, He just shot in the, oh ouch!" He said covering his crotch like he was the one who just got shot.

I was just laughing my ass off at his reaction. 

"How can you laugh! He just got shot in the, you know were! That place!"

Still laughing. "You mean his Penis."

"Well, yeah. Don't just say it like that!"

My laughter had tapered off a little. "Like, what? Dick, crotch, testicles. They're just words kid calm down, and watch the movie."

"Who are you calling a kid!?"

He didn't move his hands from their protective positions, for at least 15 more minutes into the rest of the movie.  

When the movie ended we parted ways, back to our respective rooms. He said, he still had homework to do before tomorrow. 

I was back at My Place. putting the movie away, when Tulip who had also been watching with us, spoke up. 

"Well, that movie was interesting." She sounded like she didn't actually know what to think of it. 

"Oh, what did you find interesting?"

"All of it, to be honest, the human imagination is one thing us Fey just can't really duplicate, let's just put in that way."

"Really? You can't?

"Well, we're not unimaginative. It's just the concept of man becoming machine is a concept a Fey would never think of in all their years."

"Neet to know."

Tulip then pursed her lips it thought "Hmm, I have a question." 

"Ask."

"Do you, really, want to become a man again?"

What kind of question was that! Is how I wanted to react, but I had a feeling I knew where this was coming from. "Just to be, clear. Why are you asking this?"

"Well, it kind of looks like your having fun to me." Yep, that's where I thought this was going. "Also your kind of a wanted man." 

She wasn't wrong. I have had fun on occasion. Playing Poker with Liz and Dumbass for example. Watching a movie with my fake sibling, was also fun.  That didn't change my goal, and as far as my wanted status was concerned.  "I've been thinking about that. Being wanted I mean."

"And?"

"I guess I was under the impression that I would be me again in no time, but... It looks like I might need to do something about that sooner rather than later. Starting with re-collecting the evidence I've already gathered."

"Do you want to start tonight? I have an illusion of you already sitting around back in the Pink Room."

"Might as well. It's still light out though. How about practicing some magic to pass the time?"

"Ok, then where do you want to start? Fire, Lightning, Water, Wind, and Earth on all available to you."

Fire? Hard pass.

Lighting that might be good. "Let's start with Lighting."

32