Chapter 30- Gone Hunting
1.2k 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sent of polluted sea air filled my nose. The moonlight filled the night illuminating the warehouse, where the canceled raid was to take place. I stood with Tulip on top of another warehouse opposite the one I was about to storm.

Tulip was using her third eye, to look inside. "Hmm, it's odd the men guarding this place, aren't just patrolling, it's as if they're in a battle formation."

"What? Really?"

"It is a loose formation, they're mostly standing around talking, but it still appears as if they're waiting for an attack."

"Maybe that's why this raid was canceled, someone must have spilled the beans and it was considered too risky. That or they used the same site I did."

"Perhaps, but wouldn't that same source be able to inform them of the raids cancellation?"

Tulip made a good point. Was this a trap? No way. couldn't be. Then again... "Well, see what we're up against as the fight goes on. Until then let's go."

"Alright." Tulip blinked and her eyes returned to normal.

I looked down on my targets through one of four skylights, two on each side of the warehouse roof. Tulip was right, heavily armed and armored men were stationed in such a way that there could be no doubt that they were expecting someone to come charging through the large front door. There were men placed, near the large front door, behind large wooden crates and upon the walkways.

Also like Tulip said, they didn't seem too concerned about whatever confrontation they were expecting. They were all manning their posts sure, but they were all just chatting as if this were all some kind of training exercise. Maybe they did know that the raid was canceled, but were then told to stand guard anyway? Hell, it the very back, on a table, I could see that one guy brought a bottle of Jack Daniels, and a dozen shot glasses. These guys were way too relaxed.

"Can you use that power of yours to see into the crates?" I asked Tulip. I wanted to confirm what was in there before blowing people's heads off.

Tulip's eyes lit up once more. "Yes, the front crates are fake. They're lined with metal on the inside, likely to help act as cover in a firefight." 

"Well, that is interesting," I muttered to myself.

"The back ones are full packages of some kind of white powder. Also weapons, ammunition, and money."

"Money? As in USD?"

"Yeah, I don't remember the name of the guy, but it has a 100 printed on it."

"Ow, good'ol benny."

Tulip's eyes returned to normal when she blinked. "You can take it all if you want."

"I can?"

"Yes, there is a Spoils of War clause written into The Rule."

"Good to know." I gave the guards another look over memorizing their positions. " Alright showtime."

I cannonballed into the warehouse, .45 unholstered and ready for action. The men on the ground sprung to action, but not as fast enough, as I had already put down three of six men walking around the upper walkways.

Landing on the walkway, bullets began to fly my way from across the walkway and from below. I hoped myself over the walkway railing to the other side dodging the bullets from bellow but taking a few to my chest and shoulder, from the guys across from me. They didn't go through, but I had no plans on letting them land anymore hits. Those boys were dead before I reached the other side of the walkway, however, the impact from the projectiles threw me off and I hit the railing back first, and had to pull myself up before more bullets bullseyed my ass.

After reaching my destination, I turned my sights downward, looking for my next target. Only to be met by a bullet to the forehead. "GA!" My magic enhance reflexes allowed me to duck away from the rest and hop down behind the armored crates that Tulip told me about earlier. I rubbed my forehead, just because bullets weren't killing me these days didn't mean that it didn't hurt. "Alright focus, just because you have superpowers now doesn't mean you can get cocky." Right, self scolding over. Back to work. 

I looked around the crate. Two men were approaching. I swiftly ducked over to the next crate, taking care of my would be visitors. Moving into a new position facing the warehouse wall I could hear my enemy panic. 

"She's too fast!"

"How is she jumping around like this!"

"How the hell is she still alive! I got her in the head for fuck sake!"

"No, you didn't!

That's right gentlemen fear me. It'll just make thing's easier. 

I looked around the crate, and spotted only one target, using a steel support beam for cover. 

Idea!

After a quick reload. I drew my knife, ran out of cover and hopscotched off the wall. The poor fool didn't see me coming. I landed on his back and stabbed him up his neck. He gave a gurgling wail that alerted his friends. It didn't matter, using the knife hilt as a handle I was able to maneuver the man I just killed like a shield. This gave me enough mobility to take out a good number of them while keeping their bullets off me.

The last few stayed put. Annoying, but not mission ending. I removed my knife from my shield and hoped up to the walkway, where I got a good enough vantage point to take out the last remaining men. "That was the last of them right? Tulip?"

Tulip who had stayed a respectable distance from, death by a stray bullet, came to my side eyes glowing. "Yes, I think so."

"Good, before we go, I'm curious about these weapons and this money." 

"Money? What would you do with it?"

"It'll help get me back on my feet after I'm a guy again. Now, which one of these crates was it?"

Tulip pointed out the money crate. As well as other crates with weapons and ammunition. Each was placed neatly inside my pocket dimension. I was considering whether or not to set the drugs on fire when... 

"Freeze!" Said an unfamiliar voice.

"Hands on your head and down on the ground! Now!" Said a familiar voice.

What the hell? Lethal Weapon? There he was, him and his partner, pointing guns at my head. I made a mental note to thank Tulip for these identity hiding goggles. "You have got to shitting me. Why are you here?" 

"Well, this is a surprise." Remarked Tulip.

"We're here to bust your ass! Now hand on your head and on the ground!" Responded Lethal Weapons partner.

Trying to be at least partly cooperative I put my hands on my head and turned around. "We have a lot of questions for you." Said Lethal Weapon 

"Oh really, like what?"

"I'd love to know how you and Timothy JacksonBurg are connected, for a start."

"Huuuuuuuuuu???" What did he just say? I felt my jaw hit the floor. 

"Don't act so surprised. We got your license plate number of that bike." The Partner said before adding. "Now what did I say about you getting on the ground? Do it now!"

 This is bullshit. I dropped my hands back to my sides. 

"Yeah what are you doing!" 

"Put those hands back on your head now!"

"Look fellas I got to get going." I began to walk away fulling intending to leap to the walkway and out the way I came it.

"Oh no, you don't!" 

"Get you..." The Partner was interrupted by the sounds of screeching tires outside. The large sliding door busted open as an 18-wheeler broke it down, then a large group of people with rifles swarmed inside, opening fire the moment they spotted me and the two cops. 

"Hey, the crates up front are armored!" I yelled at the two cops who were taking cover. Behind support beams opposite support beams. I had taken to the rafters and had already begun returning fire. "Move your way up! Cover you!"

"Why should we trust you!" Asked Lethal Weapon. The Partner was busy headshotting a fool. 

"I don't know maybe it's because I'm on your side, or because I don't want to see you dead. Pick one!" Ok, so maybe that was a bit harsh but... "We're under fire from the same guys, one would think the enemy of my enemy logic would apply!" 

"You say that but..."

"Rob! Stop arguing with the super-powered spacewoman! This is kind of a crisis here!" Spacewoman? Did he just call me a spacewoman?

"Fine!" Rob snapped at his friend. then shouted back at me. "If I get so much as scratched I blame you!"

I decided to dual wield my guns as I descended from the rafters to the walkway, this was something normally done in Hollywood flicks and had little merit in real life. However, with my enhanced reflexes, I found going back and forth between two sets of gun sights was a simple matter. The biggest downside to dual-wielding a pistol is reloading, after making it down to the ground I reloaded my .45 and reholstered the .50. 

Lethal Weapon was to my right and Partner my left, standing behind the armored crates, gunning down anyone who came through the smashed open door. Before anyone knew it the battle was over almost as fast as in began. That was my cue to leave. 

"Hey get back here!" Lethal Weapon shouted after me as I leaped back into the rafters. 

"Sorry, can't do that, but if it makes you feel better I saw a bottle of Jack Daniels in the back!" 

After leaving the way I came in, I heard the start of an exchange.

Lethal Weapon: "Where the hell are you going!"

The Partner: "To the booze, I'm thirsty!"

Lethal Weapon shouted some curses after that, but I had already gone through my gateway to home, so I didn't hear what came after. "Well, that was exhausting," I exclaimed. 

"And who would have thought that he of all people would show up." Tulip mused. 

"Ha, I know right. Not every day daddy and daughter get to have a shootout together." I joked.

"Oh? Daddy?" Tulip was looking at me funny. One eyebrow up and smirking as if she had just heard the world juiciest gossip. 

"That was a joke."

Tulip could no longer look me in the eyes. "I know."

"Hmm, do you?" I sighed and decided to change the subject. "Anyway, what my point total now, should be close at least." 

Tulip began counting on her fingers. "Owwww, you are not going to like this."

"I won't? Well, tell me. What?"

"99."

"99." No way I heard her wrong.

"That's what I said."

So close and yet so far. Now I'm the one who needs a drink.

Part one is almost over! Only two or three chapters left.

Will our MC regain what was lost?

Will Lethal Weapon ever catch the Vigilante?

Will Pinkzilla realize that other colors exist besides pink?

Find out next time!

Same Scribble Author Same Scribble Site.

 

29