Chapter 626: Sewer Rat
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 626: Sewer Rat

 

Narrator: Beneath the town.

*Kasuma is climbing down a ladder into the sewers. The heroes follow her down there. Dusk is the last one to come down and he puts the manhole lid back in place as he does. Once everyone is standing on the walkway in the sewers, Kasuma speaks*

Kasuma: Tell me. What is your goal here? What are you trying to do? Give me all the details.

*The heroes all have serious expressions. Pearl looks at Zeth*

Pearl: I don’t think we should answer. We just met her. We can’t trust her with all the details.

Zeth: That is a good point.

*Zeth looks at Kasuma*

Zeth: How can we be sure that you won’t pass this information on to those that would be our enemies?

Kasuma: Just being with you is already risking my life and that’s without doing anything. I’m not going back. I just want this all to end. I’m tired of it.

*Kurt steps forward*

Kurt: I think we can trust her.

Lavana: How can you be so sure?

Kurt: I can hear the suffering from her words. She is sincere. I believe her and so should all of you.

Pearl: Are you absolutely certain?

Kurt: Yes. One hundred percent!

Sasha: Very well. We’ll tell you. We’re traveling through the galaxy looking for pyramids with the nature of the abyss. We originally encountered one through the planet known as Mars and there was a connection with an evil abyss user named Korobu on our home planet of Earth.

Zeth: I killed Korobu but he was nowhere to be found in Earth’s Hell despite being an evil mortal. That was very concerning. Then I remember what he told me before I killed him.

*Zeth has a flashback to what Korobu told him during the Final Great Chaos*

(Flashback) Korobu: Abyss Magic is something that originated with the Abyss Deity, or as I also call him, the progenitor. That deity was one that was executed for committing unforgivable crimes in the Divine World. But when he was executed, something unexpected happened. He became an abyss himself. The Abyss Deity became a larger threat and was sealed away. But a small part of himself avoided the sealing and found its way to mortal lands where it fused into a mortal’s genetic makeup. Once every couple thousand years, a child with Abyss Magic would be born. (End Flashback)

 

***

 

*While the flashback happened, Zeth explained what Korobu had said*

Kasuma: I can see why you are very concerned.

Zeth: And that’s not all. During my final battle with him. I learned even more about the abyss.

*Zeth has another flashback*

(Flashback) Korobu: Do you want to know how I was able to attack you with a centipede?

*Zeth just looks at him*

Korobu: I took in Kitipede with my abyss. I took her in and gained her power. The power of my abyss allows me to do that.

*Zeth actually does give a shocked reaction to this*

Korobu: That’s the true secret to why I do some of the things I do. The reason I killed an entire city in the Swamp Underworld… so I could acquire more power.

*Zeth just has a horrified expression now*

Korobu: And If I want to take a specific ability that someone has, I have to add them to my abyss with them alive. That’s why I took Kitipede with me from the Swamp Underworld. I was fascinated by her centipede powers.

*Zeth is still horrified*

Zeth: You monster… You damned monster.

Korobu: Perhaps you can understand why the Abyss Deity was considered a huge threat.

(End Flashback)

 

***

 

 *Zeth once again explained what he learned during the flashback. Kasuma is shocked*

Kasuma: This abyss power sounds terrifying!

Zeth: It is. We can’t underestimate it. The Abyss Deity’s power has made it to other planets and that is why we need to find those pyramids. We ultimately don’t know what all this will result in but we need to learn what we can.

Sasha: And also what would happen if the Abyss Deity were to ever be unsealed? I can feel it. Something awful is building up over all of this. Kurt: Investigating these pyramids is a priority. I was able to feel the same energy of the Mars pyramid on this planet and that’s why we have come to this planet.

Kasuma: I’ve always thought there was something odd about that pyramid. I certainly can’t believe it’s of mortal origin. There are also no records that it was built by Heaven or Hell. It just seems to… exist. I don’t know how to put it. It’s just a complete mystery.

Zeth: Then that’s where we are going.

*Sasha’s eyes start to drift from the others toward the darkness beyond them. She stares into the darkness as the others continue talking. She then instinctively moves and grabs the arm of someone pouncing out from the darkness trying to attack, resulting in the attack being stopped. The one who tried to attack is revealed and it’s a woman. She has Dark Divine Eyes. She has short messy black hair and is wearing worn-out clothes with tears in them. Both Sasha and the Dark Divine woman look shocked*

Sasha: A Dark Divine Being!?

Woman: Another Dark Divine Being!?

 

***

 

Narrator: Meanwhile inside the pyramid.

*Grant is unlocking a heavily chained door. After unchaining the door, he goes into the room. The room is empty except for a man sitting on the floor that is heavily chained to the wall at the other end. The room is dark so exact details of him are hard to see but he looks very muscular and appears to have a buzz cut. The man stares at Grant with intense eyes*

Man: I’m not hungry.

Grant: That’s not why I’m here. I have a job for you. I know you’ve been bored lately.

*The man gives a sinister smile*

Narrator: The heroes have encountered a Dark Divine Being on Flora World! And who is the mysterious chained man!?

Chapter 626 END

To be Continued in Chapter 627: Poison Ivy

1