Chapter 628: Queen of the Sewer Rats
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 628: Queen of the Sewer Rats

 

*The heroes follow Ivy through the sewers*

Sasha: Since we’re now working together, I think you should tell us your story. At the very least, I want to know more about you as a person.

*Ivy stops and turns around to look at Sasha*

Ivy: Do you really want to hear it?

Sasha: Yes, I do.

Zeth: I want to hear it too.

Ivy: All right. I’ll tell you. It’s not pleasant. For my whole life, all I’ve ever known is conflict. I’m 4217 years old. Despite the colorful flower fields of this planet, they have been the sites of some bloody battles between Heaven and Hell. The two sides disagreed on how to properly govern the planet.

*Ivy begins having a flashback. In the flashback, demons and angels are engaging in combat on a flower field*

Ivy: (Narrating) Eventually, my father, the Dark God, met Light God Daren on the battlefield where they fought to the death. Daren was the victor in that battle.

*Ivy arrives on the battlefield to see Daren driving a wooden stake into her father’s heart. Her father is a Dark Divine Being that is bald and has a goatee. Ivy has a look of absolute dread on her face as she sees her father being finished off by Daren. She screams in despair*

Ivy: Father!!!!

*Harzo reaches his arm out toward Ivy’s direction*

Harzo: Go, Ivy… Do not… die… with me…

*Harzo dies and Ivy starts running away. Daren issues a command to his troops* Daren: Do not let her get away! *The angels start chasing after Ivy*

*Ivy runs away. She cries as she runs*

Ivy: (Thinking) Father! What will I do without you!? I’m not ready to lead Hell!

*The angels chase her as she runs*

Ivy: (Narrating) The angels continued to chase me for a while. Eventually, I went into the sewers and finally lost them.

*Ivy is in the sewers and has taken some damage. She is injured and collapses, causing her to fall off the walkway and into the sewer water. She gets back up but she starts vomiting and then slowly gets out of the water. She pounds her fist against a wall*

Ivy: Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!!!

*Ivy turns around to put her back against the wall and slides down until she is sitting against it. She then starts coughing which leads to her coughing up some blood. She starts breathing heavily and then starts crying again*

Ivy: What am I supposed to do!?

*She slowly stands back up and then starts walking along the sewer walkway*

Ivy: (Narrating) I was very injured, very tired, and most of all, very lost. I just started aimlessly walking, not knowing what I was going to do.

*Eventually, the injured Ivy encounters three demons in the sewers. She is limping and looks like she could fall unconscious at any moment*

Ivy: Are you here… to guide me to death…?

*Ivy collapses onto the floor. The three demons just stare at her. The demon in the middle is a male amphibious demon with frog features that wears glasses and is humanoid. That demon opens his mouth and then wipes his finger on his tongue. He then speaks*

Demon: Your time has not yet come… my queen. You will not die here.

Ivy: (Narrating) The next thing I knew was that I was in a large area of the underground sewers on a bed and I was covered in bandages.

*Ivy is covered in bandages throughout almost her entire body and she sits up. She feels immediate pain. Someone starts speaking to her*

Voice: You best not move much. You’ll open up the wounds that we stitched closed.

*Ivy looks to her left and see the amphibious demon with glasses*

Ivy: Who are you?

Demon: My name is Froid. I’m a doctor and I patched you back up. Your wounds were severe and you were at risk of severe infection from the sewer water. You’ll be out for a while.

*Ivy looks around and there are a handful of demons in this large circular area of the sewers that branches off to different paths at different levels*

Ivy: What are the bunch of you doing here?

Froid: This is sort of a hideout for us. We like this dark underground place. I can certainly tell you that you won’t be able to leave for a while and I’m not sure you’d want to… We know what happened to the Dark God. The war is over. Hell has lost.

*Ivy opens her eyes wide*

Ivy: How long was I unconscious for!?

*Froid opens his mouth and wipes his finger on his tongue. He then answers*

Froid: Two weeks.

*Ivy is shocked*

Ivy: Two weeks!!?

Froid: Yes. Between your injuries and possible infection, your body needed a lot of rest. Nevertheless, you are not down for the count, my queen.

Ivy: Queen?

Froid: Yes. Queen. While you can’t call yourself the Dark Goddess because well… you’re living down here in the sewers, you can rise up and bring Hell back to its former glory.

*As time passes, Ivy is making progress in her recovery and is walking*

Ivy: (Narrating) I spent a long time down here recovering. For whatever reason, Heaven’s forces never decided to check the sewers. Perhaps they considered it beneath them. Both literally and metaphorically. During my recovery, I began training.

*In her flashback, Ivy is training in combat with the demons as Froid watches on*

Ivy: (Narrating) After recovering, I began making moves on the surface. I would find demons that are in trouble and then bring them into the sewers to be a part of our group.

*In her flashback, Ivy is finding demons on the surface and then bringing them into the sewers*

Ivy: (Narrating) And if I ever saw any angels, I would assassinate them.

*In her flashback, Ivy is getting behind an angel and then stabbing him in the neck with a dagger which kills him*

Ivy: (Narrating) You can’t exactly clean your clothes down here in the sewers so whenever my clothes get too worn down, I would take the clothes from the angels I killed. My clothes right now are very worn down so it’s hard to tell but these are angel clothes.

*Ivy’s flashback ends*

 

***

 

Ivy: I’ve been living down here for five years now. I’ve been looking for an opening to kill Daren but, so far, one has not come. And that’s it. That’s my story.

Sasha: Thank you for telling us all that happened.

Ivy: You’re welcome. We’re going to meet my group. Given that there are Light Divine Beings among you, you probably won’t get a very warm welcome so let me handle it.

Zeth: Right.

 

***

 

Narrator: Meanwhile. Outside the pyramid.

*It’s night out and the man that was chained to the wall in the dark room is now walking away from the pyramid. He is decked out in a military uniform with a military helmet on his head. He is smoking a cigar and he is packed with a lot of guns. He has lots of scars on his body*

Narrator: Once chained to a wall, where is this big and muscular man heading to?

Chapter 628 END

To be Continued in Chapter 629: Allies To An Uprising

0