Chapter 629: Allies To An Uprising
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler
[collapse]

Chapter 629: Allies To An Uprising

 

*The heroes continue to follow Ivy in the sewers*

Ivy: We’re almost there. Remember, let me explain your presence down here. If they become panicked or enraged, they’re going to try to kill you and then even I wouldn’t be able to talk them down.

Zeth: Don’t worry. We’ll let you handle it.

Sasha: Perhaps, we shouldn’t enter until she mentions us to them.

Pearl: Well, you’re a Dark Divine Being so I’m sure that at least you would be okay.

Kurt: We’ll put our trust in Ivy.

Kasuma: I’m actually more worried about them seeing me. All of you are not from this world but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the demons know who I am.

Ivy: You’ll be the last to enter. None of you are to come in until I give the signal.

Dusk: And what exactly will that signal be?

Ivy: I’m going to raise my right arm. When you see that, you can enter.

*As the heroes keep walking, they see an opening to a very large room in the sewers*

Ivy: There it is. Wait here for my signal.

*The heroes stop walking and Ivy moves through the opening. She stands at the highest point of the vast circular room as the room spans multiple downward floors. There are lots of demons in the room. Ivy looks down at them. The demons notice her and then they shout in excitement*

Various Demons: The Queen is back! I hope she killed more angels! The queen looks like she has come back with news! Kneel before our queen! Silence, everyone, so she can speak!

*All the demons kneel and then stop talking so the room becomes quiet. Ivy continues to look down at them*

*Ivy begins speaking to all the demons in the room*

Ivy: I come back with great news for all of you! I’ve brought back allies that will help us with our cause!

*All the demons stare with interest*

Ivy: These allies are not more displaced demons! They come from a different planet entirely and they come from different backgrounds!

*The demons now look confused and some start looking at each other and whispering to each other*

Various Demons: From a different planet? What could that mean? Different backgrounds? This is so confusing. I’m feeling uneasy. How would someone even get here from a different planet? This all makes no sense.

*Ivy has a serious expression on her face*

Ivy: Listen up!

*The demons stop whispering to each other and then look back up at Ivy*

Ivy: Trust me! I know most of you will be confused! Most of you will be distrusting of them! But these new allies come from a fair world! They will help us obtain that same fairness!

*Ivy raises her right hand. The heroes enter the room and all the demons see them. Most of the demons open their eyes wide upon seeing the Light Divine Beings among the heroes. Some demons look anxious. Others look angry. A male humanoid demon with bird-like features breaks the silence by screaming*

Male Bird-Like Demon: What is this!? Why did you bring Light Divine Beings here!?

*A female goblin demon then screams too*

Female Goblin Demon: What kind of sick joke is this!?

*A male human-like demon then screams*

Male Human-Like Demon: They need to be executed!

*Ivy looks irritated*

Ivy: Enough!!

*The demons again all quiet down and listen to her*

Ivy: The Light Divine Beings in this group are not with the Light Tyrant!

*Ivy looks at Zeth and Sasha*

Ivy: Tell them your story. The story of how you two came together.

*Zeth and Sasha then look at each other and nod. They step forward and hold hands*

Zeth: You’re a Dark Divine Being so you should start.

Sasha: Right.

*Sasha looks down at the demons and begins telling their story*

Sasha: We all came from the planet Earth. Like this planet, Earth was also in a constant state of conflict between Heaven and Hell. In our case, the tyrant was my mother, the Dark Goddess, Dakame. My name is Sasha and I am married to this man, the Light Divine Being named Zeth.

*The demons are all shocked like they have never seen anything crazier in their lives*

Sasha: From your point of view, I know it’s shocking. But it’s the truth. Though we are divine beings, we both grew up on Earth believing ourselves to be mortals. Thanks to the Dark Goddess, Zeth had lost his divinity and so he couldn’t live in Heaven until he got it back. The Dark Goddess had sealed my dark powers in my heart because, as a small child, I killed her forces for fun. Sealing my powers also sealed my memories so we both were raised as mortals and one day met by chance. Over time, we learned our true origins and then grew together and learned together. We grew close and fell in love. We were determined to break the hatred between the two sides that long since started before we even existed. Eventually, we defeated the Dark Goddess and finally brought peace between both sides as Zeth will one day become the Light God and I will one day become the Dark Goddess.

*Sasha then looks at Zeth and nods. Zeth looks down at the demons and speaks*

Zeth: I may be a Light Divine Being but I am not biased toward Light Divine Beings. I have not seen Daren yet but I can promise you this…

*Zeth holds out his arm and clinches his fist before shouting*

Zeth: I’m going to take him down!!

*Ivy then continues the speech and she shouts*

Ivy: With all of us together, we are going crush Daren and bring an end to his tyranny once and for all!!!

*All the demons start cheering and the heroes smile as they watch the demons cheer with determination and excitement*

 

***

 

Narrator: After the speech.

*The heroes are on a lower level and go in an opening that is closed off at the other end. It has a bunch of beds*

Ivy: These aren’t the greatest beds out there but you will have to rest down here.

Lavana: For a one-night thing, that’s fair enough.

*Suddenly, two demons enter the area. One of them is Froid and the other is a male humanoid tiger demon*

Ivy: Froid and Oshon? What are you two coming here for?

Froid: I wanted to get a closer look at the Earth people and learn about them.

Oshon: And I’m just curious what he will learn.

Sasha: But I already mentioned our story in the speech.

Froid: Not in that way.

*Froid stares into the eyes of Zeth and Sasha. He then pulls out a cigarette and a lighter, lights the cigarette, and starts smoking. Oshon looks surprised*

Oshon: I thought you quit smoking and started wiping your fingers on your tongue as a replacement?

*Froid blows out a puff of smoke*

Froid: Those two. They’ve been through a lot. They’ve been through far more trouble than we’ve had.

Sasha: What? I don’t get it.

Froid: I am very good at psychology and I can tell in an undetailed way what someone has been through in life just by looking into their eyes. Your eyes write a summary of your life. What I saw from the two of you showed more pain than anyone I’ve ever seen before.

Oshon: So, what is your conclusion?

Froid: They are prepared for this undertaking. They aren’t just full of hot smoke.

*Froid continues smoking*

Pearl: There’s a lot of irony in a doctor smoking.

Froid: Yes, I’m well aware of that.

*Froid waves at them and leaves the area with Oshon*

Zeth: Well, that was interesting.

Ivy: You could learn a lot from him. Anyway, I think it’s time to rest for the night. We will begin our uprising in the morning.

*The heroes lay on their beds and go to sleep as Ivy leaves the area, but Zeth looks up at the ceiling*

Zeth: (Thinking) On Earth, it was Heaven as the good side and Hell was the bad side but, on this planet… it’s the opposite. Prepare yourself, Daren. We’re coming to take you down!

*Zeth closes his eyes and goes to sleep*

 

***

 

Narrator: Early in the morning.

 

*The cigar-smoking man is still walking and the sun is starting to rise on the horizon behind him. He sees something out in the distance. It’s the Stargazer ship. He loads his guns and speaks*

Man: It’s time to get started.

Narrator: The heroes have joined the demons as allies to take down Daren! Also, the big and muscular man targets the Stargazer!

Chapter 629 END

To be Continued in Chapter 630: To Begin An Uprising

1